PDA

View Full Version : Contest Apr 07, 2014 to Apr 13, 2014 - Hammer Deadly Aim

BowlingBoards.com
04-06-2014, 11:51 PM
We are giving away a Hammer Deadly Aim for a random poster from Apr 07, 2014 through Apr 13, 2014.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

tccstudent
04-07-2014, 12:49 AM
Well when I won before it was shortly after I bought the ball that I won so maybe I can do it again.
I bought this ball last week and If I was to win a second on I would drill it a bit weaker right now I may be able to throw this for the first game and a half then it is just to strong.

Jaescrub
04-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Nothing's to strong for my crappy style of bowling so yes this would be a sweet win. It's really a great ball. If you have high speed and need something to keep the pins lower on the deck it's hard to beat this ball.

bbgamer884
04-07-2014, 07:40 AM
This ball sounds like its a really good ball. Considering that cores can crack over time, the carbon fiber in this ball would make it last for a long time. I am not normally a hammer person, but I saw this thing rolling on the lanes from someone in my league and I have to say this ball has a lot of hook, and if its as durable as people say it is, then by god I am interested in trying it out. I am also curious if i should try a 14 lb ball since i cant lift my 15 lb ball that high and I may need to increase my speed.

vdubtx
04-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Certainly wouldn't turn it away if I won. :cool: Can always use another ball in the arsenal.

agoldswo24
04-07-2014, 12:34 PM
I've seen a few of them get drilled locally and they roll great for the customers. I would love to get my hands on one for the upcoming tournaments I am planning on bowling in.

bdtrob300
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Hear its a super ball. Would really love to get one ;)

Aslan
04-07-2014, 02:47 PM
I've heard horrible things about it and want to win it to verify that the horrible things are accurate.

sara2117
04-07-2014, 03:10 PM
I love Hammer Balls. The mantra is really true. Nothing Hits Like A Hammer.

JJStriker
04-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Awesome ball. Cool color though. You don't see a lot of hammers around but they're really great balls.

Kent Dushane
04-07-2014, 04:28 PM
would really like to have the Hammer Deadly Aim. they say this ball hits like a truck and with it being carbon fiber this ball has the longest warranty. HAMMERHEAD all the way.

jnv32185
04-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I was just looking at this ball recently while I was shopping for a new ball. Ended up with a hammer but not this one. Price was the final determination.

circlecity
04-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Would be cool to win but pretty much every new high performance ball hits like a truck.

Mudpuppy
04-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Stealth fighter

Edy13
04-08-2014, 11:55 AM
The Hammer line really calls out to me. Not sure why, they just look cool...

bigjimbo316
04-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Hammer is my favorite bowling brand. It's all I've ever thrown. Currently I have a Hammer Raw Anger that I've been using for several years. Still treats me very well, but I would like to have another Hammer ball in my arsenal, especially for when the oil drys up on me in the last game. Really hope I can win this bowling ball.

tccstudent
04-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Hammer is my favorite bowling brand. It's all I've ever thrown. Currently I have a Hammer Raw Anger that I've been using for several years. Still treats me very well, but I would like to have another Hammer ball in my arsenal, especially for when the oil drys up on me in the last game. Really hope I can win this bowling ball.

This ball is a hook monster. Yes the one I have is drilled strong but it out hooks anything else I have ever had.

Shaneshu87
04-08-2014, 06:52 PM
have been a hammer bowler my whole life and would love to add this ball to my arsenal

jnv32185
04-09-2014, 12:03 AM
I am new to this forum but I have a question and I realize this is defiantly the wrong thread for my question but like I said I am new here. I recently purchased a Hammer Arson (the red black and silver one) and it is not hooking like I want it to. My old Brunswick Command Zone ARC out hooks it. I stand slightly right and throw kind of straight down the second arrow and hook on the back end. I told the guy in the pro shop and he recommended the Arson. He told me to get a 2-3" pin and he drilled with the pin just below and to the right of my ring finger. The ball seams to have significantly less hook then my old ball and it was coming in behind the head pin. I should also note that the two times I practiced with the ball the lanes seemed rather dry. Does anyone have any tips for me? Was it just the lane? Was it a bad ball choice? The Arson is my first Hammer ball and I am feeling I should have stuck with Brunswick. Again I want to say sorry for posting to the wrong thread.

Mudpuppy
04-09-2014, 09:48 AM
I am new to this forum but I have a question and I realize this is defiantly the wrong thread for my question but like I said I am new here. I recently purchased a Hammer Arson (the red black and silver one) and it is not hooking like I want it to. My old Brunswick Command Zone ARC out hooks it. I stand slightly right and throw kind of straight down the second arrow and hook on the back end. I told the guy in the pro shop and he recommended the Arson. He told me to get a 2-3" pin and he drilled with the pin just below and to the right of my ring finger. The ball seams to have significantly less hook then my old ball and it was coming in behind the head pin. I should also note that the two times I practiced with the ball the lanes seemed rather dry. Does anyone have any tips for me? Was it just the lane? Was it a bad ball choice? The Arson is my first Hammer ball and I am feeling I should have stuck with Brunswick. Again I want to say sorry for posting to the wrong thread.

How many games do you have on the new ball? Usually takes 20 games to break a ball in. My Hammer First Blood was like throwing a dead fish the first few weeks - bad reaction - until it broke in. Now it is a monster.

Kent Dushane
04-09-2014, 12:33 PM
some people tell me to take a 1000 pad to. what would you say to do. thanks

Mudpuppy
04-09-2014, 01:25 PM
some people tell me to take a 1000 pad to. what would you say to do. thanks

Before changing anything I personally would recommend bowling 20 games with it and seeing how it reacts. Then if you wanted to make a surface change go for it. If so I would advise having a reputable pro shop guy (or girl) take the surface to 1000 or whatever they recommend based on your observations of what the ball is or isn't doing. Of course some of the more experienced higher level bowlers will take the ball down to 1000 or 1500 or whatever right out of the box for specific reasons. Unless you are at that higher level I would recommend giving the ball some time to break in.

Perrin
04-09-2014, 04:03 PM
also remember the farther you go away from 'natural' surface the more often you have to maintain it.

by Natural I mean the surface that is naturally generated by lane friction against the ball surface. if I remember right that is somewhere around 5000 although I am sure it would vary dpendent on the lanes you bowl on.

Afrevele
04-09-2014, 04:30 PM
New to the forum and back from a 20 year hiatus from bowling. Got my fist fingertip ball, been drilled a couple times but good enough for me! Doing well but want something new to make my own! Hope I win!!

jnv32185
04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
How many games do you have on the new ball? Usually takes 20 games to break a ball in. My Hammer First Blood was like throwing a dead fish the first few weeks - bad reaction - until it broke in. Now it is a monster.

I only have 6 games on it, going to put another 3 on it this Saturday. I did not realize that you have to break in a new ball. It has been a very long time since my last new ball. Thanks for the information.

Mudpuppy
04-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I only have 6 games on it, going to put another 3 on it this Saturday. I did not realize that you have to break in a new ball. It has been a very long time since my last new ball. Thanks for the information.

Yes most definitely - there is a performance curve. New out of the box the surface is not broken in. Does that mean all balls are useless brand new? Absolutely not. But they do undergo a change. I witnessed it big time with the First Blood. And then you end up at the other end of the spectrum (60-80 games) where the ball will start rolling oblong - due to the track wearing into the surface. That is when it is time to resurface the ball. And there is a minor break in period after a resurface as well.

ragstormfan
04-10-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm hoping to see if it's true that "nothing hits like a hammer".

Bunny
04-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Yes! A perfect compliment to my First Blood.

Low Revs
04-11-2014, 06:25 PM
I want to see what this thing does pin down with a little surface on it.

This ball is awesome.

MICHAEL
04-11-2014, 10:54 PM
The BAll Pins Dread!!!
DEADLY AIM

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/613137fa-94df-4b24-acc7-3ae67ed88d4e_zpsfd42af5f.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/613137fa-94df-4b24-acc7-3ae67ed88d4e_zpsfd42af5f.jpg.html)

Doghouse Reilly
04-12-2014, 08:44 AM
The Deadly Aim looks pretty good:)

tccstudent
04-12-2014, 12:51 PM

The deadly aim is almost as pretty as I am

LastCallKillit
04-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Would be perfect for when I'm bowling ****ty and keep throwing it through the heavy oil in the middle and boloing my release with the ball practically dropping out of my hand and not hooking for **** when it gets to the break point!

bdtrob300
04-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Sure is a mean looking ball!

MICHAEL
04-13-2014, 10:47 AM

LOOKS PRETTY GOOD??? LOL,,, It's arguably around here, (Kansas city Missouri) that hottest ball on the lanes! :D If you don't win one,,, get ya ONE!!

Afrevele
04-13-2014, 11:34 AM
last day! Iv've been looking for a new ball and heard good reviews of this one! Excited to try something new!!

Kent Dushane
04-13-2014, 11:41 AM
last day to have the chance to win one of the best balls on the market today. oh boy would I love to have this to add to my Hammer arsenal. true HammerHead all the way.

jnv32185
04-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Good luck to everyone on this last day to have a chance of winning this ball.

bowlinprincess
04-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Love to win this ball

Aslan
04-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Did I win yet?

Jeral999ok
04-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Hello all,

Sorry its been a month, with my vacation (Hawaii, Maui) I kind of got lost, and since I work in IT (Information Technologies) I some times just come home and ignore the PC..

But I'm back and love the way TCCStundent Deadly Aim works.. Would like to win one.

tccstudent
04-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Hello all,

Sorry its been a month, with my vacation (Hawaii, Maui) I kind of got lost, and since I work in IT (Information Technologies) I some times just come home and ignore the PC..

But I'm back and love the way TCCStundent Deadly Aim works.. Would like to win one.

I need a new deadly aim mine has holes in it.

Afrevele
04-13-2014, 11:45 PM
I get the last post of the day!! Good luck everyone!!