PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Bowlingboards.com Virtual Bowling Tour Participant / General Information

Mudpuppy
04-08-2014, 03:27 PM
This thread will be used to list participants (updated as people join), averages & who / where you bowl, once available and general information.

Important Links:

Tour sign up thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16509-1st-Annual-Bowlingboards-com-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Sign-Up-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: For those that would like to jump in late to the Tour. Tour entry is open until September 30th (however chances of winning get lesser and lesser the longer you wait to enter).

Tour center selection thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16595-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Center-Selection-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: This is where participants go to select the SIX centers where their assigned center will be chosen randomly from. This thread was added when we abandoned the April format of random centers being selected from larger lists. Once you (participant) have gone here and selected your centers, you won't need to really go to this thread again.

Virtual Tour standings thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16610-BowlingBoards-Virtual-Tour-2014-Standings?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: Results and Standings updated as the Tour progresses.

Virtual Tour discussion thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16411-1st-Annual-BowlingBoards-com-Virtual-Tour!!!?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: To discuss the 1 million different facets of this innovative Tour. Everything from claiming it's completely unfair and MWhite is getting screwed to talk about the gift certificate and wooden sign that can be won...to just the usual trash talking...to actual important stuff where people are pointing out legitimate concerns/issues.

California
Aslan
Zdawg
Mike White
Bunny

Michigan
Mudpuppy

Ohio
Noeymc

Connecticut
J Anderson

Texas
vdubtx
Jdilly

Oklahoma
tccstudent
Jeral999ok

Arizona
classygranny

Kansas
tr33frog

Illinois
Stormed1

General Information
Okay folks!!! I had a small invitational with a couple other Bowlingboard.com members earlier this month and we then had ideas floating around about a more inclusive tournament format. Bowlingboards.com thought it was a great idea (I wasn't so sure) and is offering a $25 gift certificate to the winner of Season 1.

Below is the tournament format followed by details in how to sign up and participate.

REGISTRATION IS EASY!!!
STEP 1: Simply post HERE between 3/25 and 4/9 indicating that you would like to participate.
STEP 2: If you have a USBC ID number, post it along with your indication that you'd like to participate so your starting average can be validated.
STEP 3: IF you have a USBC ID but no established average on Bowl.com as of yet…you'll need to e-mail me a scan of your league sheet from March 2014 or give me the link to your scoresheet if it's on league secretary or something like that.
STEP 4: List your home city, county, and state (where you reside) and the centers you've played in leagues at (sanctioned and non-sanctioned) during 2013 and 2014.

EMail: aslan_supreme@yahoo.com (It's an "L", I'm not asian)

FORMAT (How does the tournament work?)
Once we have the participants, I will list everyone's starting averages. No validation (USBC #, league sheet, etc..) = you bowl scratch.

I will then draw names out of a hat to pair up you with another participant for that month.

You will then have the REST OF APRIL to meet up with one or more bowling board.com users within 110 miles of you and bowl at a center that will be selected for you at random (chosen within 45 miles radius of your location). You will get a different center/alley each month of the tour. If you live in a remote area where alleys are scarce, you may have to bowl at the same center more than once. You will bowl 3 games, get a print out of the scores, and e-mail them to me BEFORE the end of April.

RULES:
- USBC rules apply.
- No charge - you pay your own bowling fees to the alley you bowl at
- THREE games…not best of 9, not best of 12. Cheaters make Aslan very upset…and Iceman even MORE upset…if you need to cheat at an online tournament then save the bowling money and spend it on therapy.
- You MAY bowl 1 game as a "warm-up". 5 frames each if it's a pair of you…3 frames each if it's a threesome. More than 3 players may bowl 1 warm-up game per 3 players, 2 games per 4-6 players, 3 games per 7-9 players, etc…

SCORING:
- HANDICAP TOUR. Handicap is 90% of 220. (220 - your average) * 90%. 220 averages and higher bowl scratch.
- Your average (and thus handicap) changes EACH WEEK. It's a TOUR…which means for the months of April through September…it is a VIRTUAL LEAGUE where your average goes up and down (just like a league).
- You will get POINTS for each win against your pre-selected bowling opponent each game and overall handicap series. 4 points per month at stake.
- At the end of SEPTEMBER….the top half of the participants (minus 3) will compete in a single elimination virtual tournament similar to March Madness style single elimination.
- Regardless of point totals, the participant(s) with the:
- most games bowled above average.
- most improved average.
- highest scratch pinball.
will receive automatic bids to the tournament. If there is a tie or one of those participants already makes the cut, we'll just continue down the points list to fill the last 3 spots.
- Seeding in the tournament will be based on points: most points plays least points (of those that make the cut), etc…

OTHER IMPORTANT RULES/NOTES:
- IF you don't play one month, you forfeit all 4 points to the chosen opponent.
- IF you bowl in a center where you are in a league, you lose 10 pins per game of handicap.
- YOU MUST bowl against another BB user so you can validate each other's scores. BUT…if you don't live within 110 miles of another participant…that restriction is waived and you are on your honor.
- If there is some "issue" with meeting another user or an "issue" with the center chosen/assigned…email me and we'll work something out.
- All disputes will be handled by an independent 3-person committee of zdawg, noeymc, and Mudpuppy. Their majority decision is final.

Tournament WINNER receives a $25 gift certificate from bowling boards.com and a custom wood plaque. If 20 people join another $25 gift certificate will be added.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Mudpuppy
04-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Participant list updated 04/10/2014 to include Bunny - field is now at 10 people.

Aslan
04-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Field is now at 11. You forgot tr33frog.

Mudpuppy
04-10-2014, 10:48 PM
Field is now at 11. You forgot tr33frog.

Whoops - must have used an old list. Fixing it.

Aslan
04-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Whoops - must have used an old list. Fixing it.

Now technically at "12" as Stormed1, South Hollland, IL is also listed. That makes 9 states! Not too shabby for the first try!

Aslan
04-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Representing Northeastern Orange County California:
- Aslan, 154 average +59, 213 handicap.

Representing North Central Orange County California:
- Bunny, 145 average +67, 212 handicap.

Representing the Grand Canyon State of Arizona:
- classygranny, 176 average, +39, 215 handicap.

Representing the Constitution State of Connecticut:
- Janderson, 193 average, +24, 217 handicap.

Representing the Great Lakes State of Michigan:
- Mudpuppy, 190 average, +26, 217 handicap.

Representing Riverside County California:
- MWhite, 192 average, +24, 217 handicap.

Representing the Buckeye State of Ohio:
- noeymc, 161 average, +53, 214 handicap.

Representing the Land of Lincoln; Illinois:
- Stormed1, 170 average, +45, 215 handicap.

Representing the Sooner State of Oklahoma:
- tccstudent, 185 average, +31, 216 handicap.
- Jeral999ok, 174 average, +40, 215 handicap.

Representing the Sunflower State of Kansas:
- tr33frog, 213 average, +6, 219 handicap.

Representing Northern Texas:
- vdubtx, 215 average, +4, 219 handicap.

Representing Sourthern Texas:
- J-Dilly, 187 average, +29, 217 handicap.

Representing San Diego County California:
- Zdawg, 141 average, +71, 212 handicap.

This will be updated at the start of each month as the Tour progresses.

NOTE: If you have any comments about the averages above, please post those comments/concerns/questions on the other Virtual Tour thread. In an attempt to keep this thread "pure" as an informational thread for participants, I won't respond to any issues here.

Aslan
04-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Fixed. Rounded down per USBC guidelines/rules.

Mudpuppy
04-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Looks good and yes field of 12 is excellent

Aslan
04-13-2014, 01:47 AM
First Round (APRIL) Bowling Center Assignments

ASLAN: Chaparral300, Chino Hills CA. 13.14 miles.
BUNNY: Brunswick Deer Creek Lanes, Rancho Cucamonga CA. 37.53 miles.
MWhite: Palos Verdes Bowl, Torrance CA. 63.32 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw = Gardena Bowling Center, Gardena CA. 59.9 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw = Deer Creek Lanes, Rancho Cucamongo CA. 19.58 miles.
ZDawg: Kearny Mesa Bowl, San Diego CA. 0 miles. (10-pin handicap deduction; home center)

California Physical Pairings:
Bunny vs. MWhite: At Brunswick Deer Creek, Palos Verdes Bowl, or Gardena Bowling Center.
Aslan vs. ZDawg: At Chaparral300 or Kearny Mesa Bowl. OPTIONAL DUE TO DISTANCE > 90 miles.

TCCSTUDENT: Green Country Lanes, Muskogee OK. 49.56 miles (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Main Street Bowl, Henryetta OK. 51.55 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Fast Lanes, Checotah OK. 70.21 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Broken Arrow Lanes, Broken Arrow OK. 15.24 miles (10-pin handicap deduction; home center)

Jeral999ok: Wagoner Bowl, Wagoner OK. 40.4 miles.

Oklahoma Physical Pairings:
tccstudent vs. Jeral999ok: At Broken Arrow Lanes, Broken Arrow OK. 15.24 miles (10-pin handicap deduction; home center) OR Wagoner Bowl, Wagoner OK. 40.4 miles.

CLASSGRANNY: Bowlmor AMF Chandler Lanes, Chandler AZ. 18.61 miles.
VDUBTX: USA Bowl, Dallas TX. 24.03 miles.
JANDERSON: Colonial Bowl, Chester NY. 71.85 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Blue Fox Rock N' Bowl, Simsbury CT. 69.40 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Deer Park Bowl, Deer Park NY. 75.23 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Hoe Bowl Holiday, Wappinger Falls NY. 58.02 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Spare Time Groton, Groton CT. 73.01 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: AMF Circle Lanes, East Haven CT. 26.13 miles.
MUDPUPPY: AMF Summit Lanes, Jackson MI. 52.94 miles. (eligible for distance and safety re-draw)
Re-Draw: Summit Sports Center, Washington MI. 57.12 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Parkway Lanes, Trenton MI. 25.62 miles.
NOEYMC: Seven Hills Lanes, Seven Hills OH. 29.38 miles.
STORMED1: Chippewa Bowl, South Bend IN. 74.53 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Channahon Lanes, Channahon IL. 39.19 miles.
TR33FROG: Concordia Bowl, Concordia MO. 77.07 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: KC Bowl, Kansas City KS. 21.34 miles. (eligible for safety re-draw)
J-Dilly: Brunswick 1000 Oaks Bowl, San Antonio TX. 0.0 miles.

For the sake of time, I automatically re-drew all centers over 45 miles away. However, if anyone would like to bowl at one of the originally drawn centers, that is perfectly acceptable.

For any other issues with centers drawn, please post in the other Virtual Tour thread. Good Luck!

Aslan
04-13-2014, 01:53 AM
Month 1 VIRTUAL PAIRINGS:

These are the bowlers that will be bowling against other in month 1 (April):

MWhite vs. Mudpuppy

vdubtx vs. classygranny

noeymc vs. janderson

ZDawg vs. Stormed1

Bunny vs. tccstudent

ASLAN vs. tr33frog

Jeral999ok vs. JDilly

Please e-mail pictures of scoresheets to aslan_supreme@yahoo.com by 11:59PM PST, April 30th. Remember, only ONE game of practice prior to bowling the series. Those bowling at home centers should not use their league scores. I will post results once all scores are in.

Good Luck!!

tr33frog
04-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Holy.... My choices are drive forever or get shot in the hood. Awesome...

tr33frog
04-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Oh whew, it is by schlitterbahn that is not bad at all. Seems they even lay out USBC tourney patterns on Mondays.

Mudpuppy
04-13-2014, 11:18 PM
This thread will be used to list participants (updated as people join), averages & who / where you bowl, once available and general information. Please save discussion, general comments, etc. for the discussion thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...m-Virtual-Tour!!!

California
Aslan
Zdawg
Mike White
Bunny

Michigan
Mudpuppy

Ohio
Noeymc

Connecticut
J Anderson

Texas
vdubtx

Oklahoma
tccstudent
Jeral999ok (May)

Arizona
classygranny

Kansas
tr33frog

To join you can sign up here: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...791#post104791

General Information
Okay folks!!! I had a small invitational with a couple other Bowlingboard.com members earlier this month and we then had ideas floating around about a more inclusive tournament format. Bowlingboards.com thought it was a great idea (I wasn't so sure) and is offering a $25 gift certificate to the winner of Season 1.

Below is the tournament format followed by details in how to sign up and participate.

REGISTRATION IS EASY!!!
STEP 1: Simply post HERE between 3/25 and 4/9 indicating that you would like to participate.
STEP 2: If you have a USBC ID number, post it along with your indication that you'd like to participate so your starting average can be validated.
STEP 3: IF you have a USBC ID but no established average on Bowl.com as of yet…you'll need to e-mail me a scan of your league sheet from March 2014 or give me the link to your scoresheet if it's on league secretary or something like that.
STEP 4: List your home city, county, and state (where you reside) and the centers you've played in leagues at (sanctioned and non-sanctioned) during 2013 and 2014.

Once we have the participants, I will list everyone's starting averages. No validation (USBC #, league sheet, etc..) = you bowl scratch.

I will then draw names out of a hat to pair up you with another participant for that month.

You will then have the REST OF APRIL to meet up with one or more bowling board.com users within 110 miles of you and bowl at a center that will be selected for you at random (chosen within 45 miles radius of your location). You will get a different center/alley each month of the tour. If you live in a remote area where alleys are scarce, you may have to bowl at the same center more than once. You will bowl 3 games, get a print out of the scores, and e-mail them to me BEFORE the end of April.

RULES:
- USBC rules apply.
- THREE games…not best of 9, not best of 12. Cheaters make Aslan very upset…and Iceman even MORE upset…if you need to cheat at an online tournament then save the bowling money and spend it on therapy.
- You MAY bowl 1 game as a "warm-up". 5 frames each if it's a pair of you…3 frames each if it's a threesome. More than 3 players may bowl 1 warm-up game per 3 players, 2 games per 4-6 players, 3 games per 7-9 players, etc…

SCORING:
- HANDICAP TOUR. Handicap is 90% of 220. (220 - your average) * 90%. 220 averages and higher bowl scratch.
- Your average (and thus handicap) changes EACH WEEK. It's a TOUR…which means for the months of April through September…it is a VIRTUAL LEAGUE where your average goes up and down (just like a league).
- You will get POINTS for each win against your pre-selected bowling opponent each game and overall handicap series. 4 points per month at stake.
- At the end of SEPTEMBER….the top half of the participants (minus 3) will compete in a single elimination virtual tournament similar to March Madness style single elimination.
- most improved average.
will receive automatic bids to the tournament. If there is a tie or one of those participants already makes the cut, we'll just continue down the points list to fill the last 3 spots.
- Seeding in the tournament will be based on points: most points plays least points (of those that make the cut), etc…

- IF you bowl in a center where you are in a league, you lose 10 pins per game of handicap.
- YOU MUST bowl against another BB user so you can validate each other's scores. BUT…if you don't live within 110 miles of another participant…that restriction is waived and you are on your honor.
- If there is some "issue" with meeting another user or an "issue" with the center chosen/assigned…email me and we'll work something out.
- All disputes will be handled by an independent 3-person committee of Bowl1820, noeymc, and Mudpuppy. Their majority decision is final.

Tournament WINNER receives a $25 gift certificate from bowling boards.com and a custom wood plaque. If 20 people join another $25 gift certificate will be added.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Mike White
04-14-2014, 01:57 AM
Oh whew, it is by schlitterbahn

And that is a good thing?

tccstudent
04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Oh whew, it is by schlitterbahn that is not bad at all. Seems they even lay out USBC tourney patterns on Mondays.

Ive been to Schlitterbahn. Schlitterbahn Germany that it.

Aslan
04-14-2014, 10:17 AM

KC Bowl would be eligible for a safety re-draw if you wish. Let me know.

Aslan
04-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Pairings and averages have been updated for 2 new contestants. Updated the Oklahoma pairing. Updated Oklahoma centers.

Still need to assign J-Dilly a center; working on it. Complete.

Jeral999ok
04-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Thanks Aslan, Mudpuppy and all.

Look forward to it..

Jeral

tr33frog
04-15-2014, 10:35 AM
KC Bowl would be eligible for a safety re-draw if you wish. Let me know.
Thanks! I checked it out, it will be just fine. It is near the new good side of KCK. I was afraid it was downtown, lol.

Stormed1
04-18-2014, 01:00 AM
can i request a redraw? the only open bowling times are in the evening and my night vision is not good enough to drive unfamiliar country roads at night (I only have 1 eye). and their only daytime availability is while i will be at dialysis.

Aslan
04-18-2014, 11:15 PM
can i request a redraw? the only open bowling times are in the evening and my night vision is not good enough to drive unfamiliar country roads at night (I only have 1 eye). and their only daytime availability is while i will be at dialysis.

Due to the fact that said bowling alley is not open during the day, and classy granny got a redraw for that reason…yes.

Your re-draw is Oak Forest Bowl in Oak Forest, IL. Open at 9AM each day and only 8 miles away. Talk about a lucky draw!

Aslan
04-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Updated my average. I thought I bowled 72 games in the prior league but only bowled 66.

Jeral999ok
04-19-2014, 12:19 AM
TCCSTUDENT: Green Country Lanes, Muskogee OK. 49.56 miles (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Main Street Bowl, Henryetta OK. 51.55 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Fast Lanes, Checotah OK. 70.21 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
Re-Draw: Broken Arrow Lanes, Broken Arrow OK. 15.24 miles (10-pin handicap deduction; home center)

Jeral999ok: Wagoner Bowl, Wagoner OK. 40.4 miles.

tccstudent vs. Jeral999ok: At Broken Arrow Lanes, Broken Arrow OK. 15.24 miles (10-pin handicap deduction; home center) OR Wagoner Bowl, Wagoner OK. 40.4 miles.

Questions?

TCCStudent and I are bowling Wagoner tomorrow (Saturday), I do just bowl my 4 games (1 practice, 3 Tournament games) and this counts for both my match with JDilly and Physical Match with TCCStudent or do I have to bowl 7 games (1 practice, 3 for JDilly and 3 for TCCStudent)?

Jeral

J Anderson
04-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Questions?

TCCStudent and I are bowling Wagoner tomorrow (Saturday), I do just bowl my 4 games (1 practice, 3 Tournament games) and this counts for both my match with JDilly and Physical Match with TCCStudent or do I have to bowl 7 games (1 practice, 3 for JDilly and 3 for TCCStudent)?

Jeral

If I understand the set up correctly you and TCCStudentare not competing against each other, you are just bowling your tournament games in the same center at the same time. You will only bowl four games.

Unless one of you has a horrible day, the two of you should have an advantage. Even though you aren't bowling against each other, it's natural totry and beat the person who is on the pair with you.

Jeral999ok
04-19-2014, 10:36 PM
If I understand the set up correctly you and TCCStudentare not competing against each other, you are just bowling your tournament games in the same center at the same time. You will only bowl four games.

Unless one of you has a horrible day, the two of you should have an advantage. Even though you aren't bowling against each other, it's natural totry and beat the person who is on the pair with you.

Hehe we had an ok day, we played our round today..

Jeral

Aslan
04-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Questions?

Jeral

First, thank you for bowling at one of the assigned centers after finding out Wagoner Bowl was only doing 'glow bowl'. The other option would have been Broken Arrow with the -10 pin handicap deduction per game.

Second, We agreed to 1 practice game per person. So most people will bowl 4 games with the last 3 counting. For those that have a PHYSICAL pairing (CA, OK); you will bowl 5 games; 2 practice followed by 3 games that count.

Mike White
04-20-2014, 01:45 AM
First, thank you for bowling at one of the assigned centers after finding out Wagoner Bowl was only doing 'glow bowl'. The other option would have been Broken Arrow with the -10 pin handicap deduction per game.

Second, We agreed to 1 practice game per person. So most people will bowl 4 games with the last 3 counting. For those that have a PHYSICAL pairing (CA, OK); you will bowl 5 games; 2 practice followed by 3 games that count.

So based on your interpretation, if a group had 4 people, each person would get to practice 4 games, then bowl 3 more that count?

Another palm to forehead moment.

Aslan
04-20-2014, 01:13 PM
So based on your interpretation, if a group had 4 people, each person would get to practice 4 games, then bowl 3 more that count?

Another palm to forehead moment.

Actually, that was changed because you suggested we change it. Facepalm moment Part II.

Originally it was 1 game of practice for those bowling solo. Those bowling in pairs would split the 1 game of practice. Three people bowling would also split that one game. 4 people would split 2 games.

But a certain person, I believe MWhite, said that was completely unfair (and probably a face palm moment) that most people get a full game of practice yet those bowling against each other had to split a game or might only get 3-4 frames.

But yes…each person gets a game warm-up practice…if it's 2 people thats 2 games (1 for each person). That should be fair, easy to manage. I did not mean to imply that the "pair" gets 2 games. It's 1 game per bowler…so a pair would just play an extra game to start.

Mike White
04-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Actually, that was changed because you suggested we change it. Facepalm moment Part II.

Originally it was 1 game of practice for those bowling solo. Those bowling in pairs would split the 1 game of practice. Three people bowling would also split that one game. 4 people would split 2 games.

But a certain person, I believe MWhite, said that was completely unfair (and probably a face palm moment) that most people get a full game of practice yet those bowling against each other had to split a game or might only get 3-4 frames.

But yes…each person gets a game warm-up practice…if it's 2 people thats 2 games (1 for each person). That should be fair, easy to manage. I did not mean to imply that the "pair" gets 2 games. It's 1 game per bowler…so a pair would just play an extra game to start.

So, you're now saying that:
1 person bowls 4 games (1 practice, 3 count)
2 people bowl 8 games (2 practice, 6 count) which is (1 practice, 3 count) per person.
3 people bowl 12 games (3 practice, 9 count) which is (1 practice, 3 count) per person.

How then did you come up with this below?

Second, We agreed to 1 practice game per person. So most people will bowl 4 games with the last 3 counting.
For those that have a PHYSICAL pairing (CA, OK); you will bowl 5 games; 2 practice followed by 3 games that count.

This isn't implying that the "pair" gets 2 games of practice each, this is flat out stating that the pair get 2 games of practice each.

Jeral999ok
04-20-2014, 09:35 PM

TCCStudent and I did just 1 practice game ( he shot the first 5 frames, I shot the last 5 frames ) as suggested in the original rules. I did not mind this, and I don't think TCCStudent mind it either. I felt warmed up and ready to go after the 5 frames.

I also have video of our entire round including our shared practiced and our 3 game match play. Will post a link once VT 1 rounds are posted by Aslan.

While agreed with what has been said, it should be 1 game for each player in all fairness, Cause if your in a city by yourself it is a full game of practice, where we only got 5 frames each since it was stated to share the practice game. I think it should be optional, I felt good and ready to bowl the match after 5 frames.

But we all know, this is the first round, there will be some kinks to work out and we should all do your best to help were we can. It will smooth out and we'll get it all worked out in the end.

Remember, we are doing this to ENJOY the sport, to help promote it, not cause issues for each other. TCCStudent and I talked to the staff at Muskogee Green County Lanes about what we were doing (and also the video camera set up) and they seemed interested in it.

I am enjoying this very much and look forward to the upcoming rounds.

As I stated, we followed the current stated rules, I felt fine with the 5 frame warm up.

Jeral

Mudpuppy
04-21-2014, 11:55 AM
Wait I am confused. Everyone gets 1 game of practice. Easy enough.

So it shouldn't matter if there was 1 person or 100 people. You each pay for your own 4 games. So on the scoreboard it would be like this:

Aslan
MWhite
Zdawg
Mudpuppy

So we each bowl our own 10 frames each game, right? Just like in a league.

I mean the other option is to see if the center can give 10 minutes of practice - a lot of houses I go to around here do that anyways whether it is open bowling or league bowling. Once you throw the first ball the timer starts. But in this scenario you get back to disadvantage if it is more than 1 person.

J-Dilly
04-21-2014, 12:50 PM
I am missing something. Where am I supposed to bowl? I know that no one is near me, but I am not sure where the draws are listed? I will go this week to bowl my 3 games, just need to know where to go.

J-Dilly
04-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Nevermind, I skipped over it too quickly. So I just need to go to 1000 Oaks before the end of the month and bowl 3 games, get the printout, and post it or email to Aslan? Is there anything extra that needs to be done?

tccstudent
04-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Well me and Jerall went to Green Country Lanes in Muskogee. Which is where I was drawn to go. We were going to go to Wagoner Bowl which is where he was drawn for. We called and could not get a answer looked at thier facebook page and I am not sure they even have leagues. So we went with my draw and that was a pretty good decision. Lanes were pretty fresh heavy oil and a pretty good shot. Last game there was a little bit of carrydown that was affecting me but it was a nice shot. It was my first time in that bowling alley I know he bowled a 9 pin no tap tourney there last summer.
We split the first game (practice game) and we have everything on video.

I think that if Wagoner get drawn again it should be removed from the list due to thier wierd hours and only having glow bowl.

Mudpuppy
04-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Nevermind, I skipped over it too quickly. So I just need to go to 1000 Oaks before the end of the month and bowl 3 games, get the printout, and post it or email to Aslan? Is there anything extra that needs to be done?

Yes that is correct and I am not aware of anything else having to be done. Somehow I missed you on the participant list but I see Aslan did not (too many posts not enough cliff notes for me). But yes you are on there so you can bowl 1 practice game, 3 games for scoring, get a printout and email to Aslan.

Mudpuppy
04-21-2014, 02:21 PM
This thread will be used to list participants (updated as people join), averages & who / where you bowl, once available and general information. Please save discussion, general comments, etc. for the discussion thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...m-Virtual-Tour!!!

California
Aslan
Zdawg
Mike White
Bunny

Michigan
Mudpuppy

Ohio
Noeymc

Connecticut
J Anderson

Texas
vdubtx
Jdilly

Oklahoma
tccstudent
Jeral999ok

Arizona
classygranny

Kansas
tr33frog

Illinois
Stormed1

To join you can sign up here: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...791#post104791

General Information

REGISTRATION IS EASY!!!

RULES:
- USBC rules apply.

SCORING:
- most improved average.

- All disputes will be handled by an independent 3-person committee of zdawg, noeymc, and Mudpuppy. Their majority decision is final.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Aslan
04-22-2014, 02:00 AM
Forgot Stormed1.

Mudpuppy
04-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Forgot Stormed1.

Fixt

Aslan
04-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Mudpuppy-

Can you do me a favor and add the following links to the other pages in your first post?

It takes me forever to bop between virtual tour threads by having to search for them and since we're up to about 5 now, it might help people to find what they are looking for.

General Information: Rules, Participant List, etc... Also the thread where at the beginning of each month, pairings will be listed, opponents will be listed, and your assigned center will be listed. So bookmark THIS one! (this thread)

Tour Sign-Up Thread (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16509-1st-Annual-Bowlingboards-com-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Sign-Up-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour): For those that would like to jump in late to the Tour. Tour entry is open until September 30th (however chances of winning get lesser and lesser the longer you wait to enter).

Tour Center Selection Thread (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16595-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Center-Selection-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour): This is where participants go to select the SIX centers where their assigned center will be chosen randomly from. This thread was added when we abandoned the April format of random centers being selected from larger lists. Once you (participant) have gone here and selected your centers, you won't need to really go to this thread again.

Virtual Tour Standings (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16610-BowlingBoards-Virtual-Tour-2014-Standings?highlight=virtual+Tour): Results and Standings updated as the Tour progresses.

Virtual Tour Discussion Page (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16411-1st-Annual-BowlingBoards-com-Virtual-Tour!!!?highlight=virtual+Tour): To discuss the 1 million different facets of this innovative Tour. Everything from claiming it's completely unfair and MWhite is getting screwed to talk about the gift certificate and wooden sign that can be won...to just the usual trash talking...to actual important stuff where people are pointing out legitimate concerns/issues.

Mudpuppy
04-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Mudpuppy-

Can you do me a favor and add the following links to the other pages in your first post?

It takes me forever to bop between virtual tour threads by having to search for them and since we're up to about 5 now, it might help people to find what they are looking for.

General Information: Rules, Participant List, etc... Also the thread where at the beginning of each month, pairings will be listed, opponents will be listed, and your assigned center will be listed. So bookmark THIS one! (this thread)

Tour Sign-Up Thread (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16509-1st-Annual-Bowlingboards-com-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Sign-Up-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour): For those that would like to jump in late to the Tour. Tour entry is open until September 30th (however chances of winning get lesser and lesser the longer you wait to enter).

Tour Center Selection Thread (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16595-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Center-Selection-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour): This is where participants go to select the SIX centers where their assigned center will be chosen randomly from. This thread was added when we abandoned the April format of random centers being selected from larger lists. Once you (participant) have gone here and selected your centers, you won't need to really go to this thread again.

Virtual Tour Standings (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16610-BowlingBoards-Virtual-Tour-2014-Standings?highlight=virtual+Tour): Results and Standings updated as the Tour progresses.

Virtual Tour Discussion Page (http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16411-1st-Annual-BowlingBoards-com-Virtual-Tour!!!?highlight=virtual+Tour): To discuss the 1 million different facets of this innovative Tour. Everything from claiming it's completely unfair and MWhite is getting screwed to talk about the gift certificate and wooden sign that can be won...to just the usual trash talking...to actual important stuff where people are pointing out legitimate concerns/issues.

Ok will do later

Aslan
04-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Second Round (MAY) Bowling Center Assignments

ASLAN:
BUNNY:
MWhite:
ZDawg:

TCCSTUDENT: Sahoma Lanes
Jeral999ok: Main Street Bowl

tccstudent vs. Jeral999ok: At Sahoma Lanes OR Main Street Bowl

CLASSGRANNY:
VDUBTX:
JANDERSON:
MUDPUPPY:
NOEYMC:
STORMED1:
TR33FROG:
J-Dilly:

Drew the OK Twins centers first so they can arrange with their May tournament schedule.

For any other issues with centers drawn, please post in the other Virtual Tour thread. Good Luck!

Mudpuppy
04-30-2014, 03:05 PM
This thread will be used to list participants (updated as people join), averages & who / where you bowl, once available and general information.

Important Links:

Tour sign up thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16509-1st-Annual-Bowlingboards-com-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Sign-Up-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: For those that would like to jump in late to the Tour. Tour entry is open until September 30th (however chances of winning get lesser and lesser the longer you wait to enter).

Tour center selection thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16595-Virtual-Bowling-Tour-Center-Selection-Thread?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: This is where participants go to select the SIX centers where their assigned center will be chosen randomly from. This thread was added when we abandoned the April format of random centers being selected from larger lists. Once you (participant) have gone here and selected your centers, you won't need to really go to this thread again.

Virtual Tour standings thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16610-BowlingBoards-Virtual-Tour-2014-Standings?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: Results and Standings updated as the Tour progresses.

Virtual Tour discussion thread: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16411-1st-Annual-BowlingBoards-com-Virtual-Tour!!!?highlight=virtual+Tour
Description: To discuss the 1 million different facets of this innovative Tour. Everything from claiming it's completely unfair and MWhite is getting screwed to talk about the gift certificate and wooden sign that can be won...to just the usual trash talking...to actual important stuff where people are pointing out legitimate concerns/issues.

California
Aslan
Zdawg
Mike White
Bunny

Michigan
Mudpuppy

Ohio
Noeymc

Connecticut
J Anderson

Texas
vdubtx
Jdilly

Oklahoma
tccstudent
Jeral999ok

Arizona
classygranny

Kansas
tr33frog

Illinois
Stormed1

General Information

REGISTRATION IS EASY!!!

RULES:
- USBC rules apply.

SCORING:
- most improved average.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Aslan
04-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Would have been easier to edit it into the original post on Page 1. Now I gotta remember the links are on Page 5. DOHT!

Mudpuppy
05-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Would have been easier to edit it into the original post on Page 1. Now I gotta remember the links are on Page 5. DOHT!

Won't let me edit a post that old - it just sits there when I click edit with the win 7 circle of thinking. We could start a new post or ask a moderator to change it?

bowl1820
05-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Won't let me edit a post that old - it just sits there when I click edit with the win 7 circle of thinking. We could start a new post or ask a moderator to change it?

All you have to do is is right click on edit post and open in a new tab or window.

Mudpuppy
05-01-2014, 10:49 AM
All you have to do is is right click on edit post and open in a new tab or window.

Awesome - it worked. Thanks.

vdubtx
05-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Who is bowling who for May???

Aslan
05-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Standings are updated in the standings tab. Currently noeymc leads the point standings after sweeping JAnderson and getting 4 points.

The averages and handicaps for this month are:

ASLAN: 146; 66 pins.
TCC: 194; 23 pins.
JERAL: 183; 33 pins.
CGranny: 171; 44 pins.
MWHITE: 189; 27 pins.
BUNNY: 137; 74 pins.
VDUBTX: 214; 5 pins.
MUDPUPPY: 200; 18 pins.
ZDAWG: 143; 69 pins.
STORMED1: 166; 48 pins.
TR33FRG: 213; 6 pins.
JDILLY: 187; 29 pins.
JANDERSON: 188; 28 pins.
NOEYMC: 167; 47 pins.

Center Assignments for MAY:
ASLAN: Arlington Lanes
TCC: Sahoma Lanes
JERAL: Main Street Bowl

TCC vs JERAL @ either Sahoma or Main Street Bowl

CGranny: Let it Roll Bowl
MWHITE: Foothill Lanes
BUNNY: Westminster Lanes
VDUBTX: Terrell Bowling Center
MUDPUPPY: Super Bowl
ZDAWG: Surf Bowl
STORMED1: Centennial Lanes
TR33FRG: AMF Northland, Kansas City MS.
JDILLY: Highland Social Club, San Antonio, TX.
JANDERSON: AMF Rip Van Winkle Lanes, Norwalk, CT.
NOEYMC: Nautical Lanes

ASLAN vs. MWHITE: Pairing optional at Foothill Lanes or Arlington Lanes.
Although, MWhite has specifically removed his home lanes of Arlington from his center list specifically to avoid me, so "no thanks".

BUNNY VS ZDawg: Pairing optional at either Westminster Lanes or Surf Bowl. Westminster is a nearly 100 mile drive for ZDawg. So it'll probably be up to Bunny and the hubby if they want to take a casual hour drive down the PCH to Oceanside.

Virtual Pairings:
noeymc vs. classygranny
tccstudent vs. Stormed1
Bunny vs. Vdubtx
tr33frog vs. JAnderson
J-Dilly vs. MWhite
Jeral999ok vs. ASLAN
Mudpuppy vs. ZDawg

Aslan
05-30-2014, 03:04 AM
Center Assignments for JUNE:
Amyrers: Blue Ribbon Lanes
ASLAN: Titan Lanes
TCC: Frontier Bowl, Cushing OK
JERAL: Andy B's Family Entertainment Center

TCC vs JERAL @ either Frontier Lanes (Cushing, OK) or Andy B's Family Entertainment Center

CGranny: AMF Desert Hills
MWHITE: Moreno Valley Bowl
BUNNY: Fountain Bowl
VDUBTX: Shenaniganz
MUDPUPPY: Galaxy Lanes
ZDAWG: Brunswick Premier Lanes
STORMED1: Plaza Lanes
TR33FRG: Lunar Bowl, Blue Springs, MO
JDILLY: Bandera Super Bowl
JANDERSON: Apple Valley Bowl
NOEYMC: Brunswick Zone Center Ridge Lanes

ASLAN vs. BUNNY: Pairing mandatory at Fountain Bowl.
Bunny, let me know when ya want to get together to do this and I'll meet ya!! Thursday night I bowl leagues (except June 5th) and starting Wednesday June 25th I have a class at night. But most other times I'm pretty flexible.

MWHITE VS ZDawg: Pairing optional at either Moreno Valley Bowl or Brunswick Premier Lanes. Given it's quite a distance between Moreno Valley and San Diego…I'll assume it won't be a physical pairing…but it is your option!

Virtual Pairings:
noeymc vs. Bunny
Jeral999ok vs. Mudpuppy
MWhite vs. classygranny
Amyers vs. ZDawg
tr33frog vs. Stormed1
ASLAN vs. JAnderson
tccstudent vs. VDubtx
J-Dilly vs. BYE (average of all 15 participants SCORES for that month (June))

Aslan
06-01-2014, 11:58 PM
AVERAGES GOING INTO JUNE (VBT TOUR)

Standings are updated in the standings tab. Currently noeymc leads the point standings after sweeping JAnderson in April and classygranny in May.

The averages and handicaps for this month (June match-ups) are:

ASLAN: 159; 54 pins.
TCCSTUDENT: 193; 23 pins.
JERAL999ok: 184; 31 pins.
Classygranny: 170; 44 pins.
MWHITE: 204; 14 pins.
BUNNY: 142; 69 pins.
VDUBTX: 221; 0 pins.
MUDPUPPY: 197; 20 pins.
ZDAWG: 161; 53 pins.
STORMED1: 167; 47 pins.
NOEYMC: 184; 32 pins.
AMERYS: 153; 60 pins.

Aslan
06-29-2014, 02:21 AM
Center Assignments for JULY:
Amyrers: Galaxy Lanes
ASLAN: AMF Carter Lanes (10-pin/game deduction; home center)
BUNNY: Forest Lanes
MWhite: Empire Bowl
ZDawg: Mira Mesa Lanes
Jeral999ok: Frontier Bowl, Cushing OK
TCCSTUDENT: Frontier Lanes, Stillwater OK

TCC vs JERAL mandatory pairing @ either Frontier Bowl (Cushing, OK) or Frontier Lanes (Stillwater, OK)

CGranny: Brunswick Via Linda (10-pin/game deduction; home center)
VDUBTX: AMF Richardson
MUDPUPPY: Colonial Lanes, Ann Arbor MI
STORMED1: Castaway Lanes
TR33FRG: Summit Lanes, Lee's Summit MO
JDILLY: Westgate Lanes (optional due to distance)
B.B.'s Billiards & Bowling (optional due to distance)
University Bowl, San Antonio TX (10-pin/game deduction; home center)
JANDERSON: Brunswick Colony Lanes
NOEYMC: Rebman's Recreation (10-pin/game deduction; home center)

ASLAN vs. BUNNY: Pairing optional at either AMF Carter Lanes or Forest Lanes.

MWHITE VS ZDawg: Pairing optional at either Mira Mesa Lanes or Empire Bowl.

Virtual Pairings:
MWhite vs. tr33frog
classygranny vs. Stormed1
Mudpuppy vs. VDubtx
JAnderson vs. Bunny
Amyers vs. Aslan
ZDawg vs. tccstudent
J-Dilly vs. noeymc
Jeral999ok vs. BYE (average of all 15 participants SCORES for that month (June))

Aslan
07-06-2014, 05:08 PM
AVERAGES GOING INTO JULY (VBT TOUR)

Standings are updated in the standings tab. Currently VDub and Stormed1 are tied atop the point standings after noeymc didn't participate in June and ceded the top spot.

The averages and handicaps for this month (July match-ups) are:

ASLAN: 166; 48 pins.
JERAL999ok: 184; 32 pins.
Classygranny: 181; 34 pins.
MWHITE: 206; 12 pins.
BUNNY: 148; 64 pins.
VDUBTX: 222; 0 pins.
MUDPUPPY: 198; 19 pins.
ZDAWG: 166; 47 pins.
STORMED1: 171; 43 pins.
AMERYS: 165; 49 pins.

Aslan
08-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Center Assignments for AUGUST:

Amyrers: Colonial Lanes
ASLAN: Fountain Bowl
BUNNY: Concourse Bowl
MWhite: Universal Strike
ZDawg: AMF Eagle Lanes San Marcos
Jeral999ok: Frontier Lanes, Stillwater OK
TCCSTUDENT: Red Apple Sports Center

TCC vs JERAL mandatory pairing @ Frontier Lanes (Stillwater, OK)

CGranny: AMF Union Hills
VDUBTX: Allen Bowl
MUDPUPPY: Thunderbowl Lanes
STORMED1: Stardust Bowl
TR33FRG: AMF College Lanes (10-pt/game home center deduction)
JDILLY: Oak Hills Lanes
JANDERSON: AMF Milford Lanes
NOEYMC: Seven Hills Lanes

ASLAN vs. MWHITE: Pairing optional at either Fountain Bowl or Universal Strike.

BUNNY VS ZDawg: Pairing optional at either Concourse Bowl or AMF Eagle Lanes San Marcos.

Virtual Pairings:
VDubtx vs. MWhite
tr33frog vs. ZDawg
Amerys vs. classygranny
Aslan vs. Mudpuppy
Bunny vs. Stormed1
J-Dilly vs. tccstudent
Jeral999ok vs. noeymc
JAnderson vs. BYE

Aslan
08-01-2014, 11:30 PM
AVERAGES GOING INTO AUGUST (VBT TOUR)

Standings are updated in the standings tab. VDubtx overtook Stormed1 for the top spot, but injured themselves in the process so it's still anyone's game at this point.

The averages and handicaps for this month (August match-ups) are:

ASLAN: 168; 46 pins.
Classygranny: 184; 32 pins.
MWHITE: 220; 0 pins.
BUNNY: 151; 61 pins.
ZDAWG: 167; 47 pins.
STORMED1: 170; 44 pins.
AMERYS: 167; 47 pins.

vdubtx
08-03-2014, 10:15 PM
AVERAGES GOING INTO AUGUST (VBT TOUR)

Standings are updated in the standings tab. VDubtx overtook Stormed1 for the top spot, but injured themselves in the process so it's still anyone's game at this point.

The averages and handicaps for this month (August match-ups) are:

ASLAN: 168; 46 pins.
BUNNY: 151; 61 pins.
ZDAWG: 167; 47 pins.
AMERYS: 167; 47 pins.

How is MWhite's average 220, when he holds the lead for scratch pin fall? We have bowled 12 games right? Scratch pin fall of 2736 would equal 228 average. :confused:

Mike White
08-04-2014, 03:05 AM
How is MWhite's average 220, when he holds the lead for scratch pin fall? We have bowled 12 games right? Scratch pin fall of 2736 would equal 228 average. :confused:

Remember we are using the Aslan invented means of calculating averages of including 3 additional games at the entering average, in my case 192.

2736 + 576 = 3312, 3312 / 15 = 220

vdubtx
08-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Remember we are using the Aslan invented means of calculating averages of including 3 additional games at the entering average

Good lord, what an absolutely screwy way of calculating an average. No league/tournament calculates like that. Typically once you bowl 9 games, the average then starts to calculate. Guess I missed that part of the discussion or did not read it in the rules/information page.

http://static.ijreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH25255B125255D5B15D.jpg?edef5f

Aslan
08-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Good lord, what an absolutely screwy way of calculating an average. No league/tournament calculates like that. Typically once you bowl 9 games, the average then starts to calculate. Guess I missed that part of the discussion or did not read it in the rules/information page.

As has been explained MULTIPLE TIMES...there is a METHOD to the MADNESS!!!

This tournament allowed in ALL bowlers...including many without sanctioned averages. Some had not even completed a full season.

IF....we just use the averages they submit...then ignore that starting average and let them re-establish....they could theoretically SCREW themselves in one of two ways:

1) They tank in month 1 and 2....sandbag if you will....then bowl 4 months of 190s and dominate the entire tournament.
or
2) They manage to have a couple really good months early on...then get completely DESTROYED the rest of the way.

See, this is a TOURNAMENT...not a LEAGUE. And since it is very SHORT (6 months, once per month)....a person can be very, very affected by just ONE series. By always factoring in their starting average as a "month"...it keeps each player HONEST! They can still try to sandbag if they wish...but it won't be as effective given their starting average still counts as a "month". OR...they can have a couple really GREAT months early on....without that destroying their chances of making the finals.

TOURNAMENTS generally do not do this...why? Because sanctioned tournaments required book averages. If you don't have a book average...you bowl in the scratch division. NOBODY without a book average would have participated in this tournament if we made them bowl with a 220 average. So we had to allow people with "questionable" averages to join....but create a way that they weren't given a huge advantage.

Now, in terms of MWhite...despite whining about early on...it actually is helping him now. He had a huge 800+ series last week...his average shot up (as it should)...but didn't shoot up to an unrealistic level. And it shouldn't be a big deal to you if it's 220 or 228....because both averages get 0 pins handicap. So you and Mike are simply bowling each other scratch this month.

Remember old folks...just because it's different; doesn't automatically make it "wrong".

Aslan
09-04-2014, 02:06 PM
LAST MONTH OF QUALIFYING!!

Tournament of Internet Champions (TM) starts in OCTOBER!!!

Center Assignments for SEPTEMBER:

Amyrers: Venture Lanes
ASLAN: VEGAS (Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge)
BUNNY: Tustin Lanes
MWhite: VEGAS (Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge)
ZDawg: Poway Bowl
Jeral999ok: Green Country Lanes
TCCSTUDENT: Andy B's Family Entertainment Center

TCC vs JERAL mandatory pairing @ Andy B's Family Entertainment Center

ClassyGranny: AMF Deer Valley
VDUBTX: AMF Garland
MUDPUPPY: VEGAS (Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge)
STORMED1: Dolton Bowl
TR33FRG: Retro Bowl, Liberty MO
JDILLY: Uvalde Bowling Center, Uvalde TX (> 45 miles, optional)
: Dart Bowl, Austin TX (>45 miles, optional)
: AMF Showplace Lanes, Austin TX (>45 miles, optional)
: AMF Country Lanes, San Antonio, TX
JANDERSON: Brookfield Lanes
NOEYMC: Buckeye Lanes

ASLAN vs. ZDAWG: No pairing since Aslan is bowling the ASLAN vs. ICEMAN CHALLENGE in VEGAS!!!

BUNNY VS MWHITE: No pairing since MWHITE is bowling the ASLAN vs. ICEMAN CHALLENGE in VEGAS!!!

Virtual Pairings:
noeymc vs. MWhite
J-Dilly vs. Mudpuppy
tccstudent vs. classygranny
VDUBTX vs. ZDawg
JAnderson vs. Stormed1
Amyers vs. Bunny
Jeral999ok vs. tr33frog
ASLAN vs. BYE

Standings to be updated shortly...

Aslan
09-06-2014, 08:47 PM
AVERAGES GOING INTO SEPTEMBER (VBT TOUR)

Standings are updated in the standings tab. Aslan leads the field with 15 points. 4 participants have clinched a berth into the finals including Bunny, VDubtx, and Zdawg as well as Aslan.

The averages and handicaps for this month (September match-ups) are:

ASLAN: 170; 44 pins.
BUNNY: 153; 59 pins.
ZDAWG: 165; 49 pins.
AMERYS: 167; 47 pins

Aslan
10-03-2014, 03:02 PM
VBT Tournament of Champions Begins!!!

The tournament is very simple. It is a single elimination tournament. There will be no re-shuffling of seeds once the tournament begins. All participants seeded based on thier Tour finish; ties broken by scratch pin fall.*

*Scratch pin fall is NOT used when the tie is to determine the final spot(s); that is determined using a play-in game.

PLAY-IN GAME
Since both noeymc and classygranny tied for the 8th and final spot, they MUST bowl one series BEFORE 12AM Sunday the 18th of October. If either one fails to report scores by then, they will be eliminated. If neither bowls, the tie goes to scratch pin fall in the regular season (noeymc). This is treated like a separate game and the scores only used to determine who gets the final spot. The WINNER must then bowl AGAIN before the end of the month against the top seed (Aslan) to determine who moves on in the tournament.

#8 noeymc vs. #8 classygranny

Classygranny draws AMF Christown. noeymc draws Lake Erie Lanes.

#1 seed Aslan vs. #8 seed noeymc/classygranny

Aslan draws Temecula Lanes
IF noeymc wins play-in game; he draws Lake Erie Lanes.
IF classygranny wins play-in game; she draws AMF Union Hills.

#5 seed MWhite vs. #4 seed ZDawg
MWhite draws Brunswick Classic Lanes
ZDawg draws Parkway Bowl

#3 seed VDubtx vs. #6 seed Mudpuppy
VDubtx draws Plano Super Bowl (10-pin per game home center deduction applies)
Mudpuppy draws Garden Bowl

#7 seed Stormed1 vs. #2 seed Bunny
Stormed1 draws Lakewood Bowl
Bunny draws Irvine Lanes

There are no physical pairings in the Tournament of VBT Champions.

Given that this is the FINALS...you MUST have your score verification and it MUST be in my e-mail mailbox (aslan_supreme@yahoo.com) by 12AM on November 1st. We had 6 months to "practice" doing things the right way...now it's time to put the hammer down as far as following the rules goes. And remember...a PRINTOUT...that shows the center and the date...and pictures of the monitors with the scores visible...preferably with something in the background that indicates the center. You don't need BOTH...but error on the side of "both" rather than the side of "neither". And remember, ONE practice game and then THREE games that count. Not 5 practice games and then 2 that were good and then a couple more practices and then another good one. If you bowl in a league there..., NO, you may not just use your league scores...must be a SEPARATE event.

NEXT ROUND

Winner of #1/#8 faces winner of #5/#4.

Winner of #3/#6 faces winner of #7/#2.

Aslan
10-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Averages for Round 1 of the Tournament

PLAY-IN Game
noeymc 184; 32 pins handicap.
classygranny 184; 32 pins handicap.

Aslan 168; 46 pins handicap.
noeymc/classygranny: TBD (adding play-in scores to average calculation)

MWhite 218; 1 pin of handicap.
ZDawg 165; 49 pins handicap.

VDubtx 222; 0 pins handicap.
Mudpuppy 201; 16 pins handicap.

Stormed1 170; 44 pins handicap.
Bunny 153; 59 pins handicap.

Stormed1
10-07-2014, 12:05 AM
It looks like I might get back to bowling the last week of this month. Just in time. Provided my cardiologist clears me or my wife will kill me.

Aslan
10-07-2014, 02:31 AM
Just remember folks…this is the Finals. You bowl by the deadline or you forfeit. If both bowlers forfeit, then their next opponent in the next round gets a bye. Hopefully Stormed gets cleared in time for the tournament, it would be nice to have him back. But he already got his "pass" when the rest of the field decided to stop participating 2 months ago which left him a spot in the Finals. No more passes. Bowl or go home and wait for the sequel.

Mudpuppy
10-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Oh good I get to bowl Vdub first round - DOH! That is exciting news.....not. lol. Good luck Vdub.

Aslan
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Oh good I get to bowl Vdub first round - DOH! That is exciting news.....not. lol. Good luck Vdub.

Yeah, but you're coming off a dominant #2 finish in the AVI Challenge AND VDubtx gets a -10pin deduction since he drew a home center. So, anyone's game at this point.

And the good news for you is; if you can beat VDub...the next round shouldn't be that tough...and could be a bye since Stormed is coming off bypass surgery and I haven't heard anything from the Bunny camp. Of matter of fact, I think she was having a surgical procedure as well about this time. Me, on the other hand, either I'll get a bye this round or I'll have to face noeymc or classygranny. BUT...even if I can move on, I have to either face ZDawg's handicap or the MWhite Express.

No easy routes in the finals. Gonna have to bowl well all 3 months to win.

Stormed1
10-14-2014, 12:17 AM
With the way rehab has been going it's looking more and more like I will be able to bowl before the end of the month

Aslan
10-14-2014, 01:28 AM
With the way rehab has been going it's looking more and more like I will be able to bowl before the end of the month

Good to have you back.

Aslan
11-03-2014, 11:21 AM
ALL

Well, I'll update the standings thread tonight or sometime over the next few days to show the actual scores...but we DO know that the Semi-Finals will be as such:

#1 seed Aslan vs. #5 seed MWhite

Aslan draws Concourse Bowling Center (10-pin per game home center deduction applies)
MWhite draws Upland Bowl

#3 seed VDubtx vs. #7 seed Stormed1
VDubtx draws Rowlett Bowl-a-Rama (10-pin per game home center deduction applies)
Stormed1 draws Lakewood Bowl*

There are no physical pairings in the Tournament of VBT Champions.

* "Why did Stormed1 draw the same center as last month?"
VDub, myself, and MWhite are on the LAST center of our lists that have not been drawn. Stormed1's list was exhausted in October and thus all 6 centers are again eligible, and he just happened to draw the same one.

"Why is his list exhausted and the other 3 aren't?"
VDubtx submitted 7 centers rather than the minimum of 6. Both Aslan and MWhite did 1 round in Vegas thus leaving 1 center of their 6 unselected that month. Next month, MWhite, Aslan, and VDub...should any of them survive...their lists will reset.

"Why is VDubtx getting a 10-pin deduction again? He had his home center LAST month!"
Home centers are based on what centers your averages came out of that we used to calculate your starting average. Many participants bowl in leagues in multiple centers and thus have more than one "home" center. The majority of participants had more than one although relatively few CHOSE BOTH centers in their selected lists.

Averages/Handicap remain the same as last month:

Aslan 168; 46 pins handicap.

Stormed1 170; 44 pins handicap.

NEXT ROUND (TOURNAMENT FINALS!!!)

Winner of #1/#5 faces winner of #3/#7.

It should be interesting. I get to bowl at my home center, but am taking a 10-point per game hit to do so. VDubtx is in the same situation. MWhite usually isn't affected by center assignments as he usually hand picks when he's going to play there to give him the best shot at a consistent lane surface.

Remember NOT to procrastinate!! I don't want to see any more forfeits! Also, be diligent about your score reporting! I want pictures of scoring displays and/or printed scoresheets! Error on the side of caution and do both!! DO NOT wait until the last minute!! This is NOVEMBER!! The last weekend is a 4-day holiday weekend!! Last time I bowled over Thanksgiving weekend...the lanes were so dry and screwed up that it was laughable!! There will be no EXTENSIONS given...so don't wait till the last minute and then claim you couldn't get there or they were closed for Thanksgiving weekend. I won't care. You have 23 days that aren't Thanksgiving weekend!! I am going to "try" and get my games in next week....if possible. This week is kinda hectic...but hopefully I can get them in next week without interfering with my practice and league time.

Aslan
12-01-2014, 12:02 AM
#3 seed VDubtx vs. #5 seed MWhite
VDubtx draws AMF Richardson
MWhite draws Deer Creek Lanes

Okay…it all comes down to this!! Our two high average bowlers face off head-to-head! I guess further evidence that the lower handicap bowlers tend to do better than the higher handicap!!! No more Cindarellas!!!

vdubtx
12-01-2014, 10:23 AM
#3 seed VDubtx vs. #5 seed MWhite
VDubtx draws AMF Richardson
MWhite draws Deer Creek Lanes

Okay…it all comes down to this!! Our two high average bowlers face off head-to-head! I guess further evidence that the lower handicap bowlers tend to do better than the higher handicap!!! No more Cindarellas!!!

Aslan,
I will need a re-draw, AMF Richardson is closed for "remodeling". Really was just to run off all of the league bowlers like AMF is doing across the country.

Please redraw, but when you do, if you could remove Terrell Bowl from my initial list.

Aslan
12-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Aslan,
I will need a re-draw, AMF Richardson is closed for "remodeling". Really was just to run off all of the league bowlers like AMF is doing across the country.

Please redraw, but when you do, if you could remove Terrell Bowl from my initial list.

Not sure if I can remove Terrell from the list, but it doesn't matter because your re-draw is AMF Garland.

vdubtx
12-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Thank you.