PDA

View Full Version : Contest Apr 28, 2014 to May 04, 2014 - Brunswick Johnny Petraglia Vintage LT-48

BowlingBoards.com
04-28-2014, 12:00 AM
We are giving away a Brunswick Johnny Petraglia Vintage LT-48 for a random poster from Apr 28, 2014 through May 04, 2014.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

STRYKER
04-28-2014, 06:52 AM
my dad used to have the original ball . this would make a awesome gift for him

bbgamer884
04-28-2014, 07:33 AM
I have just fully converted to brunswick. I would love to win another brunswick ball from you guys, and this ball seems like it would be good for those who have a higher rev rate and slower speed. Who knows, maybe i can get this for my dad on his 50th birthday so he can take up bowling.

bdtrob300
04-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Nice! I'd throw it ;)

Edy13
04-28-2014, 01:16 PM
I love the old school vibe on this one and would LOVE to win this.....

mike_thomas93
04-28-2014, 06:35 PM
I plan to get the Genius in about another month. I'm sure this and the LT will complement well for me.

gutterball43
04-28-2014, 07:28 PM
I would like to win a Johnny Petragila vintage LT48, I had one several year ago, I really liked that ball. It was one of best balls I ever owned.

MICHAEL
04-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Has anyone EVER won 3 balls??? Well since it is computer generated random selection, Put ICE Down for Black Beauty! Good luck to all, if that is possible...lol!

Mike White
04-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Has anyone EVER won 3 balls??? Well since it is computer generated random selection, but ICE Down for Black Beauty! Good luck to all, if that is possible...lol!

They're giving away a Black Beauty?

If you win a Black Beauty, have bowlingball.com drill it.

If you take it to your regular driller, he's gonna hate you.

Rubber balls STINK when you drill, or sand them.

bigjimbo316
04-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Could use a new startoff ball, especially going into next season.

tccstudent
04-29-2014, 02:56 PM
well i have seen a 300 thrown with this ball but i dont know if I really want this ball after all it is made by brunswick so the only thing its good for is a paperweight

ALazySavage
04-29-2014, 04:58 PM
@tccstudent: Don't know if I would say that this ball is a paperweight just because it is made by Brunswick, the C (system) versa-max was a very very good ball made by Brunswick; granted they took if off the market after a year because it was such a good ball and didn't want to ruin their reputation :confused:. Have heard good things about the LT-48 as a dry lane ball so you may want to grab it up quick before it is discontinued as well.

mike_thomas93
04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Hey Iceman, when are you going to add the Ruckus to your Icebreaker? ;p

MICHAEL
04-29-2014, 05:45 PM

I have the Ruckus! It's the one my driller surprised me and drilled pin down! The only ball I have drilled that way! Its SO DIFFERENT then all my other balls, with the pin UP! My other balls are all pin up, center between fingers, off to the left of ring finger or kicked out left of ring finger!

I find the pin down a very different look, and will probably experiment with it this summer! I am joining two 3 fun non sanctioned leagues this summer, and want to get more familiar with some of my 15 balls, that have less then a dozen games on them!!! LOL

I know the Ruckus is, ( I believe a 230 on the perfect scale, but as I remember it, drilled pin down it doesn't have that movement that I am use to).

It's not that I don't like the movement, its just that I need to work with it a little more, and get a better feel for the early movement!

Right at this moment my two go to balls on league night are the Hammer Deadly-Aim, and my favorite, the Virtual Gravity Nanno highly polished pearl! Use my sling shot for some spares, mainly the 10 pin.

That is something I hope to work on this summer is using it for all spares, taking the oil out of the equation!

Looking forward to a bowling filled summer!

MICHAEL
04-29-2014, 06:00 PM

YOU must be talking about this!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/image3_zpsd46a7936.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/image3_zpsd46a7936.jpg.html)

It is the only ball I have pin down! I plan on getting to know it better this summer on two fun leagues for seniors! All my other 236 balls are pin up!
I want to get to know this pin down better this summer. It's a much different movement down the lanes. Earlier more gradual arc to the pocket, a lot like my Beatdown by Brunswick! Most of my DV8's have that snap at the end, pretty sharp!

Remember this is the ball that my driller decided to do pin down as pictured! The only one I have drilled that way! I can't say I don't like it! I just haven't had the time to really give it a good look! Don't like to experiment on league nights, and since AMF did away with a lot of the free time bowling for league bowlers, didn't practice nearly as much this last year.

I plan on using the senior leages to work with some of the balls I have not thrown much at all

My go to balls for league this year were the Hammer Deadly-Aim, Virtual Gravity nanno,pearl, IQ pearl!

The virtual Gravity nanno was plugged, and redrilled, and it's the one that gave me my best series for the season, 780. ( I guess plugging does not diminish the performance of a ball if its done right!) I wounder if the Virtual Gravity, and Byte are actually basically the same ball!

I purchased a used 14lber from a friend that I bowl with! It only had a couple dozen games on the ball! It might be the weight, but it just don't seem to move for me like the 15lb Virtual Gravity nanno pearl

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/6f4fc14c-8cd8-470b-9dda-c50e829aa17f_zps42128da5.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/6f4fc14c-8cd8-470b-9dda-c50e829aa17f_zps42128da5.jpg.html)

mike_thomas93
04-29-2014, 11:34 PM
A lot of detail and a lot of visual;p I get your point.

SilverFear
04-30-2014, 09:32 AM
This looks to be a pretty good ball for broken down lanes. I bowl on a 5 man team. Then lanes change so much when 10 people are bowling on them. I'd use this game 3 or so.

tccstudent
04-30-2014, 02:23 PM
@tccstudent: Don't know if I would say that this ball is a paperweight just because it is made by Brunswick, the C (system) versa-max was a very very good ball made by Brunswick; granted they took if off the market after a year because it was such a good ball and didn't want to ruin their reputation :confused:. Have heard good things about the LT-48 as a dry lane ball so you may want to grab it up quick before it is discontinued as well.

Everytime I try and drill a "dry lane ball" i get way to much over reaction. My theory it is better to drill a strong solid negative for dry conditions

MICHAEL
04-30-2014, 09:51 PM
They're giving away a Black Beauty?

If you win a Black Beauty, have bowlingball.com drill it.

If you take it to your regular driller, he's gonna hate you.

Rubber balls STINK when you drill, or sand them.

Rubber??? (:) its Reactive Resin! My dad does have an old rubber ball, and yes it did stink when redrilling it to fit Iceman!

Add to Product Compare

Share on facebook

Share on twitter

Share on email

Share on print

More Sharing Services

Watch Video

Johnny Petraglia Vintage LT-48 Specs

Product ID: 11338

Brand: Brunswick

Release Date: 02/06/2014

Perfect Scale®: 164.5

Performance: Advanced Performance(6)

RG: 2.603 - 2.565

Differential: 0.038

Flare Potential: Medium

Breakpoint Shape: Angular

Lane Condition: Medium-Dry

Finish: Polished

Coverstock: Reactive Resin

Coverstock Name: 3C Low Friction

Factory Finish: 500 Siaair Micro Pad, Royal Compound, Royal Shine

Core Type: Symmetric

Core Name: LT-48 Medium RG Symmetrical

Quality: First Quality

Color(s): Black

Mike White
05-01-2014, 01:33 AM
Rubber??? (:) its Reactive Resin! My dad does have an old rubber ball, and yes it did stink when redrilling it to fit Iceman!

There was another rubber ball back in the day called a "Black Beauty"

ragstormfan
05-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I have an original LT-48 in my closet as an artifact. To have both the original and the new one would be a really cool thing!

mike_thomas93
05-01-2014, 11:37 AM
I had no idea rubber balls used to reek. Didn't develop into the sport of bowling til I was 9 ;p. Something new I've just learned today

MI 2 AZ
05-01-2014, 03:05 PM
I used to own three of the the original LT-48's plus an LT-51. I put two of the LT-48's on the ball racks in my local center and they disappeared within 3 weeks. Still have one but I haven't used it in years.

The reason I had three was because at the time, it was one of the strongest balls I had ever used. Later found out it was because of the particles added to the coverstock so it may have been one of the first particle balls even if it was rubber.

MI 2 AZ
05-01-2014, 03:22 PM
There was another rubber ball back in the day called a "Black Beauty"

Dating myself, but that was my first bowling ball.

jnv32185
05-01-2014, 09:05 PM
I watched the laneside review on this ball. It looks like a nice ball for the way I throw. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on this one.

jdarnell50
05-04-2014, 09:22 AM
My favorite ball of all time.