PDA

View Full Version : Mastermind Genius review - Bowlerx.com staffer Darrell Lovell

DLovell
05-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Type of bowler: Tweener
Avg Speed: 17.5
Rev Rate: 375-400
PAP: 5 x ¾ up
Layout: 52 x 3 ½ x 55 with a balance hole 2 inches below PAP on VAL

Drilled my Mastermind Genius to play off a Disturbed that I absolutely love. The intent was to drill something that gives me a similar shape but with more distance. This ball delivers.

The ball keeps its energy very well and is a truck through the pins. The only downside I have seen overall is that carry down may be a bit of an issue, but that’s what the Disturbed is for in my case.

1. 40 foot House Shot – Shot has quite a bit of volume, so I was able to use this ball left to right and the good news was that it did not over read the oil line. Strong, balance shape all 60 feet. Move in the back was very good.

2. Nationals team pattern – Obviously this is an approximation of the pattern as it is at a local center, but it has been fairly true in years past. Ball read the pattern very well and was very controllable. With the flat nature of the pattern, the over-under inside was always present, but it read the end of pattern very well and consistent. Just what you want.

If you’re looking for a strong shape that won’t rev too early, the Genius is a ball for you.

Darrell Lovell
www.bowlerx.com staffer

mike_thomas93
05-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the review. I have this ball in mind to get next.