PDA

View Full Version : My last three games of league bowling........

Hammer
05-04-2014, 08:34 PM
152, 168, 211. I am not known as Mr. Consistency by the way. We bowled on different alleys in our House because they had a tournament going on where we usually bowl. Not using that as an excuse. It just took me some time-more then usual- to adjust to the lanes for my shot. So it took me until the third game to get that straight. For a guy that don't practice and bowls league night every other Saturday I can't expect more then what I shot on the last night.

Age and body issues have finally caught up with me. I like the game too much to give it up. I have been on this league for 27 years. We had our end of league night party today. I was thinking about hanging up my bowling shoes and putting my bowling balls in storage but I couldn't do it. I would just miss it too much. It has been a big part of my recreational life. I know that if I did hang it up come fall I would be sitting there in my house on Saturday night probably regretting giving it
up.

I have to admit that sometimes I do get disappointed with the scores I bowl because I remember better times when my friend and I would practice twice a week during league season and I would be bowling scratch series over 600 and having three games that were over 200 which seemed fairly easy at that time. Now that friend is deceased and age issues landed on my doorstep. I will just move forward and be content with whatever score I get. The game is just too big a part of me.