PDA

View Full Version : Tonight We Bowl for #1st Place! Only NEED...

MICHAEL
05-08-2014, 01:07 PM
ONE win to be champions again for the second time! Hanging Chad, Manic Joyce, Iceman me, Biker Larry, and The Dude! It was a tougher year, this year. Teams bulked up with added talent thinking they could and would defeat our magic combination.

It could happen, but since I don't want to jinx my self, I will remain silent, EVEN though I don't believe in voodoo!

We meet for the last time at the AMF that is closing its doors this week to do battle for the last time!

We NEED BUT ONE WIN,,, out of 3 to clinch the Glory, and First place!

I will post the results later this evening.....

Will we leave these hollow grounds with our bowling Balls held high,,,, or leave with a hollow, empty feeling of defeat!

Mudpuppy
05-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Good luck Iceman

vdubtx
05-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Good luck ICEMAN!!

We, oddly enough, are in the same position. Tonight we(1st place by .5 games) bowl the 2nd place team. We are only 1 game ahead of 3rd place team who is always in contention for 1st.

Have my new secret weapon, the Hyper Cell, to tame the lanes tonight. :cool:

Best of luck to both of our teams!!

mike_thomas93
05-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Make some noise and beatdown those pins, Iceman!!(:

mc_runner
05-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Good luck to both you guys!

SouthpawTRK
05-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Go get 'em!!!

vdubtx
05-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Well, hopefully ICEMAN had better luck than we did tonight. Only took 1, the first game.

Hampe
05-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Oh no! Did you guys end up in second or third?

I wonder how Iceman did...

vdubtx
05-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Oh no! Did you guys end up in second or third?

I wonder how Iceman did...

We have Position round next week. Just so happened that the 1st and 2nd place teams were paired up this past week as well on the regular schedule. Next week will for sure determine 1st. :cool:

I am just happy to be in the position as my teammates aren't the best bowlers. 2 in the 140 average and 1 in the 115 range. One teammate did not show so we were -10 pins for her, then the other 140 average bowler was 20+ pins under average 1st 2 games. Even with me bowling a 263 and 244 games 1 and 2 it didn't help us win.

MICHAEL
05-09-2014, 10:25 AM
We took First against a damn good second place team that had some good bowlers! They did get 80 something pins, but we overcame it! Jason was THE STAR of the night, who had a chance at getting a 800, but needed 280 I believe last game, but fell just short of it,,, I believe it was a strong 750 something series...

We seem to be a great combination in this respect. When someone is DOWN, having a bad night, One or more on this team steps up to the plate and does what needs to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

It was our last time together at this AMF, which is closing this coming weekend for good!

Biker Larry was not able to be there, due to his job! We carried his average.

It has been a great two years bowing with this team! This is our second consective year of winning first place.

We eneded the season with a 7 game lead. We only needed to win ONE game last night for first.

It was a GREAT TEAM EFFORT, and the Hero was Jason, not Iceman!! LOL

We all did our part, but his effort was stellar, out of this fricken world!

LONG LIVE THE DUDE!!! All Glory and honor is YOURS!! LOL

Hanging Chad
Manic Joyce (my wife)
Iceman, me
Biker Larry
The Dude, Jason

A team I will never forget as time goes by!

vdubtx
05-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Congrats ICEMAN & team!!

Hampe
05-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Yea....nice job guys, congrats.

MICHAEL
05-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Congrats ICEMAN & team!!

Thanks bud!!

It was not a shoe in for sure! Last week we played the team we played last night and split! 2 wins for us, and 2 wins for them. We won 2 out of 3 games, but they won total last week.

So it was who ever stepped up to the plate last night, would be the winner.

For sure they had to win all 3 and then by having total pins would have been the first place team by ONE GAME! :rolleyes:

It was one of those MAGIC moments in time that Iceman will never forget! Remember, I am new to the sport of bowling with only
3 years of sanctioned bowing... so I have a lot of catching up to do with most of you!

I am bowing 4 leagues this summer... LOL.... looking for some sports bowling this summer also... Maybe Jason will find one for us.

He found one a couple summers ago that had a different sports pattern each week, and it had prize money each week for the winner of that pattern.
I am bowing at 3 centers now...

1. AMF North Kansas City 48 lane nice alley

2. Gladstone Bowl Nice been around since 1957,, family owned, 24 lanes

3. Reto Bowl, Liberty Missouri .... nice private owned ally. That will be Monday Nights, bowing with my wife, Gene and Marry! Gene and Mary are
both super bowlers.... Gene had a 800, and 300 this year, sure many more to come! Mary, and Joyce both Good women bowlers for around here!!

Now Iceman moves on Aslan,,,, no more bowing at the AMF that gave me both my 300, and that almost 800, 780 series!
WAS it the Oil and perfect conditions, or will my bowing move on to even a higher level..

Time will tell!!! LOL,,, ONE THING FOR SURE,,, I will have a COOL BLAST bowling the sport I love, with friends I enjoy being around!!! ICE

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES............

mc_runner
05-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Congrats - great way to close out the center, forever champs!

mike_thomas93
05-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Nice job, Iceman! Commendable effort. Congrats to you and the team;)

got_a_300
05-09-2014, 12:03 PM
A great way to end the season and the end of the center
way to go Iceman and team.

dnhoffman
05-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Haha, nice! We were 8 points ahead going into position week... So we got "celebratory" and only took 1 game but still won both halves of the season . Booya

MICHAEL
05-10-2014, 08:23 AM
A great way to end the season and the end of the center
way to go Iceman and team.

Actually it should be TEAM, and Iceman, LOL,,,, I was just a part of the Great team that won again this year! Sure I had my moments through out the year, but it was the teammates that really made the difference.... and when one of our 3 top guns had a bad day, someone else would pick up the pace! That is what was special about this team. Maybe we will stay together and move to another alley, time will tell!

Mike White
05-10-2014, 01:27 PM
My Friday league (20 teams) has a bit of a log jam at the top going into the last 2 weeks.
Starting the night, the sheet listed the top teams as 62.5 wins, 62 wins, 59.5 wins, and 59 wins.
My team had the 59 wins, however, the team with 62 wins had to post bowl after league last night to make up for the previous week where they where scheduled to bowled my team.

After the first session, each of the top teams won 2 out of 3 points, but during the make up, the team bowling didn't do well, and lost all 3, meaning we won all three.

Next week standings will be 64.5 wins, 64 wins, 64 wins, 61.5 wins, with my team having 64.

The schedule has us playing the last place team next week, then position round the following week.

My team consists of 4 people who signed up as individuals at the beginning of the season, and the secretary put us all together to fill the last team spot.

Blacksox1
05-11-2014, 02:32 AM
My team consists of 4 people who signed up as individuals at the beginning of the season, and the secretary put us all together to fill the last team spot. Good luck next week ! Regardless of what happens, you and your team has had a memorable season.

Mudpuppy
05-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Congrats Iceman

MICHAEL
05-14-2014, 11:47 PM
They are sending us all to the 48 lane AMF that will taking the leagues that left the one that closed down, its only about 4 mile away from the one that closed.

We will get our 1st Place cash,,, should be thousands of dollars, but will actually be around 184.00, a piece, Least that's what it was last year.

They are also giving us a block of lanes to bowl FREE, hoping we will bring our league there next year. We could actually move to a number of other lanes, in the area. Gladstone would be a nice one, or in Liberty Retro,,, several other options. I might bring it up at our meeting! A way of getting back at AMF for closing down our 24 lane house!

Mike White
05-17-2014, 01:54 AM
My Friday league (20 teams) has a bit of a log jam at the top going into the last 2 weeks.
Starting the night, the sheet listed the top teams as 62.5 wins, 62 wins, 59.5 wins, and 59 wins.
My team had the 59 wins, however, the team with 62 wins had to post bowl after league last night to make up for the previous week where they where scheduled to bowled my team.

After the first session, each of the top teams won 2 out of 3 points, but during the make up, the team bowling didn't do well, and lost all 3, meaning we won all three.

Next week standings will be 64.5 wins, 64 wins, 64 wins, 61.5 wins, with my team having 64.

The schedule has us playing the last place team next week, then position round the following week.

My team consists of 4 people who signed up as individuals at the beginning of the season, and the secretary put us all together to fill the last team spot.

The 64.5 team won 2, both 64 teams won 3, not sure about the 61.5 team.

I shot 228, 215, 256, clean 30 for 699 series.

Next week position will have 67 vs 67, and 66.5 vs ??

Our fate is in our hands, but only if we win all 3. If we only win 2 (getting to 69), the 66.5 team can get to 69.5

My team averages about 675 for 4, and our opponent averages about 775, however it was the team we managed to win all 3 against when they post-bowled last week.