PDA

View Full Version : GUESS WHAT BALL IS WORKING ON THE NEW BRUNDSWICK LANES for ICE????

MICHAEL
05-10-2014, 01:17 AM
Wow,,, had not been used much at all on the AMF lanes, to flippie for me!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/DSC00305_zpsc07e35fa.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/DSC00305_zpsc07e35fa.jpg.html)

But on the senior sanctioned league this afternoon, it was a Godzilla of a BALL. Beautiful flip right into the pocket, and was able to use it for all three games! Funny how a different house, and different lanes can make a huge difference in a ball's reaction.

I might have to try some of the other balls, I have with low mileage, and see how they react!

I have a Frantic that I converted to the tri-grip, that was also to flippie the last few feet..... Might do some magic on the Gladstone lanes.

It's a blast trying out different houses, and meeting different bowlers, along with different ball reactions!!

Have two other alleys that I will be bowing on this summer.... will be a good test of my ability to adapt to different lanes..! OR NOT!! LOL

Anyone else out there notice that at different houses, you find some balls work great, and at others, NOT SO GREAT?

Must be a difference between the Brunswick, and AMF lanes.... I think I am going to like the Brunswick alley a lot (ONCE I GET TO KNOW it BETTER. Not sure what brand lanes Reto in Liberty MO. has?

The Motiv was a Christmas gift from my wife!! VERY GLAD that it works so well at Gladstone Bowl!

RobLV1
05-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Don't forget that different surfaces also sometimes required at different houses. Years ago I was bowling leagues in two houses, and I found that the Storm T Road Pearl worked very well at both houses, but not with the same surface. At one house I used a 2000 surface with polish, and at the other a 4000 factory finish. Once a ball is drilled, the only thing about it that can be easily changed is the surface. Don't be afraid to experiment with different surfaces to fine-tune your ball reactions for different centers.

MICHAEL
05-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Don't forget that different surfaces also sometimes required at different houses. Years ago I was bowling leagues in two houses, and I found that the Storm T Road Pearl worked very well at both houses, but not with the same surface. At one house I used a 2000 surface with polish, and at the other a 4000 factory finish. Once a ball is drilled, the only thing about it that can be easily changed is the surface. Don't be afraid to experiment with different surfaces to fine-tune your ball reactions for different centers.

Good point.... I will experiment with them and see what happens! On a side note, Pat Henderson, who is a 60 year old Missouri Bowling hall of famer around here, (been bowing since he was 7 years old) Rolled a 290 yesterday in our seniors league with the ball I believe you thought was a good one a while back! Zero Gravity! If you look him up on awards com, he has Many MANY 300's and 800s! They call him The Beast around here. LOL He likes the ball a lot, but then he can make any ball look good!! LOL KNOWS BOWLING, and how to make adjustments, something I am still learning!

mike_thomas93
05-10-2014, 06:09 PM
And I thought you'd end up talking about the Brunswick Ringer Platinum ball, Iceman ;p