PDA

View Full Version : Storm Hy-Road solid coming July 1st!

Blacksox1
05-11-2014, 02:09 AM
I am excited ! How about you ? Bowlingball.com is pricing it at $119.95. Wow ! Symmetric 2000 grit solid. Cherry fragrance. Could be a winner.

Sourtower
05-11-2014, 09:12 AM
My friend is looking forward to that ball. He's actually very torn because he has the Hy-Road Pearl, and just recently bought the Hyper Cell because he needed a heavy oil ball. Much to his dismay he found out that the Hy-Road solid was coming out on July 1st. He did need a ball before July because him and I will be joining our first bowling league at the end of May. He will probably look to add this bowling ball to his arsenal before the fall league we're considering joining.

Jaescrub
05-11-2014, 01:05 PM
The wife has already put this on my radar as a ball she wants. She has the Hy-road pearl and loves it really is her go to ball now. But like she told me "all my equipment is pearl I need a solid" ha ha ah I guess I'll be getting her a new ball soon.

mike_thomas93
05-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Looks just like the NeXXus (P+R), according to the appearance. ;p that ball's likely to be off the charts

Aslan
05-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Some would argue that the hybrid Hy Road (the first one) is one of the most useful balls ever made. Many of the PBA Storm bowlers , regardless of what balls they throw, have that original Hy Road as one of the 3-4 they have in their line-ups. And even though I see a lot of SYNCs and some BYTEs...the original Hy Road is the Storm ball I see the most at the lanes.

crimsoneyes
05-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Never been a fan of pearls. i have too much speed and not enough rev for them to work well for me. So a hy-road solid i'm all in for.

Sourtower
05-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Never been a fan of pearls. i have too much speed and not enough rev for them to work well for me. So a hy-road solid i'm all in for.

I'm not a big fan of pearlized bowling balls either, but my friend swears by them. I have a 15# Roto Grip Totally Defiant that I threw for a few games that is now collecting dust in a bag in my garage. Maybe some day I'll find a use for it or I'll trade it for something else. The Hy-Road Solid I know for sure my friend is getting since he owns the Hy-Road Pearl so I'll post how it works for him.