PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Ascent Apex

MOTIVmags
05-12-2014, 02:45 PM
The Blue Mountain Pearl Ascent Apex is an addition to MOTIV’s entry level line. First, this is NOT an additional color and another name slapped on the ball, this is a true upgrade to the Ascent Pearl. The Ascent Apex again contains the Recon Core, but the upgrade on this ball is the coverstock. It has the new Fusion XL coverstock, which is a modified version of the cover used on previous balls such as the Primal Rage, Tribal, Cruel Intent, and Sigma Sting.

The ball gets down the lane with ease on any pattern, and I don’t think that will change no matter what your style. I have thrown the Ascent Apex on some very lighter volume/burned patterns thus far and have seen all the length I needed. In addition it has a fast response downlane, but for the amount of friction it encounters is still very controllable. The continuation of the ball resembles the same results that MOTIV has produced all season. Compared to the original Ascent Pearl I actually see more length with the Ascent Apex but, this only provides it with more backend. The total hook potential isn’t much more than the original Ascent, but the backend shape is where they really differ. Overall, this release has allowed me to play deeper, as required on some lighter volume and broken down patterns, but at the same time creating more creating angle.

I am recommending the Ascent Apex to anyone who is looking for entry level length with MORE than entry level backend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwR0RZ0aGB4

MOTIV Staff Member
Mike Magolan