PDA

View Full Version : When do you practice?

The KingPin
01-16-2009, 12:29 AM
So with a busy life and leagues, when do you practice or do you even practice?

I find it good and bad sometimes to practice on Fridays and Saturday nights when my local pro shop has music and lights going on. I find this helpful as it keeps my focus no matter the environment.

What do you think?

Iceman
01-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Practice every chance I get unless I have tournaments coming up - I do take 5 minutes a day and walk through my approach to work on my timing using my 15# dumbells. This has helped a lot - and I do my finishing step in front of a mirror to check shoulder squares and follow through end points of my arm and wrist. I videotape this every now and then. this is all for muscle memory.

I take care of my house computer network, and the owner of the house gave me a free bowling card - I never have to pay, so cost is not an issue, and she still pays her invoices, so it's win-win for the company and my personal practice. The Bartenders love when I go up there as since I don't pay, I tip them well, usually $25 a night when I practice. So it still costs me, but that's because I want too.....

I don't have a key yet :D, but I'm working on it. Could you imagine how many games I would bowl on nights I couldn't sleep......