PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Ascent Apex (2014 Nationals D/S pattern)

MattyG3535
05-18-2014, 08:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfvNhVmFO8
LANE CONDITION

Length:42 and 40

Volume:Med/High

Type (THS, Sport Pattern etc):42' Higher volume THS and 2014 D/S Nationals

COMMENTS

Likes:Tons of length with a smooth backend. Very low flare but still has power through the pins. Perfect for sport conditions when the backend over react.

Dislikes: Not very good on THS if you have hand or speed. Will be very over under without much area to move because of its weak cover and small core.

PICTURES AND/OR VIDEOS

Sourtower
05-18-2014, 08:25 PM
This bowling ball looks very nice! Most of the pro shops in my area are pushing Brunswick, DV8, Storm, Roto Grip, or Hammer. I see very little of Motiv or Lane #1. Definitely gonna look up more info on this bowling ball.

rv driver
05-19-2014, 10:02 PM
My shop doesn't carry any Motive equipment. I like the looks of this one -- looks very smooth.

MICHAEL
05-19-2014, 11:48 PM
My shop doesn't carry any Motive equipment. I like the looks of this one -- looks very smooth.

Just remember, a GREAT bowler can make a watermelon look smooth going down the lanes! LOL The guy has a great release, and notice with all surface changes, his marks don't change that much, which makes me think he is compensating with his Hand, Wrist, Arm, and speed.

rv driver
05-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Just remember, a GREAT bowler can make a watermelon look smooth going down the lanes! LOL The guy has a great release, and notice with all surface changes, his marks don't change that much, which makes me think he is compensating with his Hand, Wrist, Arm, and speed.
I didn't notice that the first time watching. You might be right about that!