PDA

View Full Version : Contest May 19, 2014 to May 25, 2014 - Roto Grip Asylum

BowlingBoards.com
05-18-2014, 11:59 PM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Asylum for a random poster from May 19, 2014 through May 25, 2014.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Sourtower
05-19-2014, 12:04 AM
I love the coverstock on the Asylum. Can't go wrong with a bowling ball that has blood red as one of its colors.

bbgamer884
05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
I turn 21 on the 21st. Can i get a free ball for my birthday? Yeah right... Still, this ball has been very promising, its the most popular ball on the pro circuit at the moment next to the Mastermind Genius.

tccstudent
05-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Saw a few people throwing this ball at the tourney in Springfield and it was looking pretty good.

Jaescrub
05-19-2014, 11:02 AM
I have seen Zero here in town. But I also bowled with a lot of older blowers that have held onto equipment that's a lil older.

Aslan
05-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Yay!! pick me!! I really need this ball!!

Wait. No I don't. I have one in my closet.

Ya know whats better than ONE in your closet? Thats right. TWO in your closet.

If this ball is so awesome, why do they keep giving it away?

I haven't seen any at the alley at all. I saw a couple Rotogrip Defiant Edges though.

Aslan
05-19-2014, 01:04 PM
I have seen Zero here in town. But I also bowled with a lot of older blowers that have held onto equipment that's a lil older.

Agreed. Most balls on the rack when I bowl look like they are 30 years old. I DO see a fair amount of SYNCs and BYTEs...but thats about it. A couple Motivs...the blue/red and flourescent green ones.

striker12
05-19-2014, 01:28 PM
1 month till my birthday and this would be a great birthday gift

rv driver
05-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Winning a Roto Grip Asylum would be ... wait for it ... insane!

ragstormfan
05-19-2014, 07:41 PM
I am more than ready to finally get a Roto Grip ball and "own it"! This ball would fit right next to my other hybrid balls

Blacksox1
05-19-2014, 09:06 PM
The Asylum is a high performance ball with a hybrid reactive coverstock. The symmetric core with a 3000 grit factory finish, would be a fantastic addition to my current line-up and would be welcomed with open arms. :)

tccstudent
05-20-2014, 10:18 AM
I am certifiably insane so therefore I should have a ball that describes where I live which Is in a asylum

bigjimbo316
05-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Would love to own this ball. Been hearing good things about it and I've never had a Roto Grip in my collection before.

MICHAEL
05-20-2014, 11:40 AM
always, thanks ice LOL

Nyjets1975
05-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Send me to the ASYLUM please!

classygranny
05-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Send me to the ASYLUM please!

OK...then they can send the ASYLUM (bowling ball) to ME! Would compliment my RG Defiant Soul, I do believe.

Jeff taylor
05-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Just got the deranged this year liking roto grip !!! Need a more aggressive ball . Looking at this one or a hyper cell

Dude779
05-21-2014, 07:58 AM
I've been wanting to give Roto Grip a try!

tccstudent
05-21-2014, 10:54 AM
I call dibbs wait can i do that i dont recall anyone trying to call dibbs before so since I called dibbs that means I should automatically win right

CaptainXeroid
05-21-2014, 08:41 PM
I've never owned a Roto Grip ball, but I'd be willing to try one out if I win. Do they emit aromas of fruit salad like Storm balls do?:D

rv driver
05-22-2014, 08:47 AM
I've never owned a Roto Grip ball, but I'd be willing to try one out if I win. Do they emit aromas of fruit salad like Storm balls do?:D
See, I don't get that about Storm. Bowling's supposed to be this macho sport of hurling heavy balls down alleys to get through the heads, pick up energy in the backends, turn the corner, hit the pocket, splinter the pins, and get a strike. And Storm's making balls that smell like cake, strawberries, lemon pie and bubble gum? sugar and spice and everything nice? No wonder the PBA's going south! We've turned a grunting, manly game into a tea party. "Ssstick out your pinky when you bowl, fellasss."

C'mon! Make 'em smell like singed hair, armpits, scorched earth, sulfur, sweat, gunpowder and bad breath. Intimidating, raw, manly smells that knock down the 7 pin all by themselves when the balls whiff past. Make that ball smell like you wanna release it. A smell that will leave a skid mark on the lane. A smell that funks up your bowling bag and turns the stomachs of your bowling foes when that zipper comes open before a tournament. We've got the technology... why not a ball that emits a klaxon when rolling down the lane? Or emits sparks? I mean, listen to the names we give balls: Storm, Roto Grip, Asylum, Deranged, Motiv, Hammer, Spike, Hyper Cell. Names that smack of power and force. How dare we give such balls fragrances from Dior and Calvin Klein? I say to Storm: "Man up, Nancy!"

H3RBSKI
05-22-2014, 11:28 AM
i just need a new ball as my local lane destroyed my motiv 2 cruel last night! a chunk almost as deep as my weight hole was take out! :( luckily it was the last night of the season but now im without a ball for next season:(

Aslan
05-22-2014, 12:29 PM
See, I don't get that about Storm. Bowling's supposed to be this macho sport of hurling heavy balls down alleys to get through the heads, pick up energy in the backends, turn the corner, hit the pocket, splinter the pins, and get a strike. And Storm's making balls that smell like cake, strawberries, lemon pie and bubble gum? sugar and spice and everything nice?

Uh oh. You're about to incur the wrath of Iceman's friend Jason....who has a massive man crush on scented bowling balls. God speed.

rv driver
05-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Uh oh. You're about to incur the wrath of Iceman's friend Jason....who has a massive man crush on scented bowling balls. God speed.
He can have all the scent he wants; let's just make it a scent that's congruent with the manly art of bowling.

sara2117
05-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Love Roto-Grip! Awesome ball!

fsbjcm
05-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Man, going in order of my wants!

1. Fusion
2. Deadly Aim
3. Asylum

0 for 2, hopefully this is the one!

tccstudent
05-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Man, going in order of my wants!

1. Fusion
2. Deadly Aim
3. Asylum

0 for 2, hopefully this is the one!

Thats an interesting list since it has all 3 of my newest balls on it
I traded a fusion that I got from the summer swing pro am for a asylum that I will pick up sometime this week

Mike White
05-24-2014, 09:31 PM
He can have all the scent he wants; let's just make it a scent that's congruent with the manly art of bowling.

Would that be beer and pizza?

tccstudent
05-24-2014, 10:51 PM

Pizza I am surprised they haven't done that yet. How bout a ball that smells like a big juicy ribeye that would be manly

peterfa
05-25-2014, 09:38 AM
I would pick Sean Rash

bdtrob300
05-25-2014, 10:21 AM
How about a pine scented ball? We could ca in the lumberjack...lol

bdtrob300
05-25-2014, 10:22 AM
How about a pine scented ball? We could call it the lumberjack...lol

Sylvia
05-25-2014, 10:23 AM
I would pick Walter Ray Williams. I love his focus (dead eye).

Jaescrub
05-25-2014, 11:03 AM
So what I'm getting out of some of the posts is you want storm to make manly sented bowling balls. And peterta wants a ball that smells like Rash and Sylvia wants a ball that smells like Walter Ray! I think the subject was manly smells. not smells like a man.

tccstudent
05-25-2014, 01:56 PM
So what I'm getting out of some of the posts is you want storm to make manly sented bowling balls. And peterta wants a ball that smells like Rash and Sylvia wants a ball that smells like Walter Ray! I think the subject was manly smells. not smells like a man.

I do not want a ball that smells like a man think I wouldnt mind a ball that smells like Jessica Alba though

rv driver
05-25-2014, 03:04 PM
You could put logos on the balls. The Dos Equis one would be... "The World's Most Interesting Bowling Ball."

1) Spares pick it up.
2) Louis Vuitton has nothing on its bag.
3) It's its own arsenal.

rv driver
05-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Well... yeah. Ya know: scents like "raw petroleum," "armpit," "old ash tray," "diesel exhaust," and "sweat."

rv driver
05-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I do not want a ball that smells like a man think I wouldnt mind a ball that smells like Jessica Alba though
does Alba have a manly smell?

tccstudent
05-25-2014, 04:20 PM
does Alba have a manly smell?

I sure hope not but I am willing to bet she has a smell that most red blooded men would like