PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for blisters?

The KingPin
01-16-2009, 12:35 AM
So sometimes when I get a new ball or a bowl 20 games for a day, I get blisters. It sucks, but that's bowling for me.

So what do you do? Do you stick you thumb in vinegar? or Salt?

Ok maybe not but what tips do you have for blisters?

Iceman
01-16-2009, 01:38 PM
I use the Green tape for my thumb started this year - It has drastically cut down the notch on my top of the thumb. I usually get my grips a little larger and use a thumb slug so I can use tape on the inside. This has not occured any blisters since.

When I did have blisters, I just used Nuskin - it burnt like hell, but it got me through the night until it tore open again. I had to find something around it. I tried all kinds of things and nothing worked until I took away the contact from the blister areas with the grips. I did go with the new smoother grips and even used polish buffer on them so my holes are real smooth on the back side. I just use the white tape to get the grip feel I'm used too.

bowl1820
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM
So sometimes when I get a new ball or a bowl 20 games for a day, I get blisters. It sucks, but that's bowling for me.

So what do you do? Do you stick you thumb in vinegar? or Salt?

Ok maybe not but what tips do you have for blisters?

The best tip is if your getting blisters on your fingers or thumb from your ball. Is to get your grip checked, it's not fitting right. A properly fitting bowl won't tear up your thumb/finger. If your driller can't do it find another one.

Take a look at this fitting chart for possible corrections to your grip.
Click Here for fitting tips (http://www.jayhawkbowling.com/Pro_s_Corner/Fitting_Tips/fitting.html)

A old school trick for the tore up thumb/finger is the potato trick. Cut a hole in a potato and shove your thumb/finger. (See the bowling movie "Dreamer" he does it in it.)