PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Idea to benefit Us All

rv driver
05-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Along the lines of my little rant in the "contest" thread, I've been thinking that what I really, really need is for Storm to come out with a keychain. One that has a little bowling ball on the end of it that matches the real Storm ball in my bag -- Sync, iQ, Tropical Breeze, or whatever. And the little bowling ball should smell strongly of "pine," or "amaretto," or "new car scent." Now THAT would beat those silly cardboard pine trees people dangle from their mirrors... Plus, when you're walking, the scent goes with you to cover up those manly smells emitted following a good meal of barbecue and beans. ;)

Mudpuppy
05-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Now that's a billion dollar idea - throw in a coupon for bbq and beans with the purchase of the keychain and you are right there with Bill Gates. I see it as the 5th most significant event in the history of mankind just behind creation, Jesus, fire, wheel and finally the storm keychain. The only way it wouldn't work is if you released it on the same day of the Second Coming of Jesus. But what are the chances? Like roulette it's been 2014 years so far and He hasn't come back so chances are He won't be back anytime soon.

striker12
05-22-2014, 09:53 AM
this is a good idea

vdubtx
05-22-2014, 10:26 AM
I would buy one for sure. :)

rv driver
05-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Now that's a billion dollar idea - throw in a coupon for bbq and beans with the purchase of the keychain and you are right there with Bill Gates. I see it as the 5th most significant event in the history of mankind just behind creation, Jesus, fire, wheel and finally the storm keychain. The only way it wouldn't work is if you released it on the same day of the Second Coming of Jesus. But what are the chances? Like roulette it's been 2014 years so far and He hasn't come back so chances are He won't be back anytime soon.
Oh, he'll be back for his Storm air freshener keychain!

rv driver
05-22-2014, 12:01 PM
And while they're at it, they can build an air freshener into those hand dryers at the ball return so they don' smell like hot rubber...

rv driver
05-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Oh, he'll be back for his Storm air freshener keychain!I wonder which ball Jesus would throw?...

Mudpuppy
05-22-2014, 01:40 PM
I think you are onto something - maybe that is the trigger for the second coming. A storm air freshener key chain. Let's do this. What ball? WBWJT (What Ball Would Jesus Throw) - that's a good question. Would the oil part like the red sea? I guess we will find out in due time..

rv driver
05-22-2014, 05:33 PM
I think you are onto something - maybe that is the trigger for the second coming. A storm air freshener key chain. Let's do this. What ball? WBWJT (What Ball Would Jesus Throw) - that's a good question. Would the oil part like the red sea? I guess we will find out in due time..
He wouldn't throw a Storm, because he calmed the storm...
He wouldn't throw a Hammer -- especially not a Spike; too reminiscent of the cross...
He wouldn't throw a Motiv, because it's not good to question Jesus' motive...

I know! He'd throw a LORD Field!

Blacksox1
05-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Storm air freshener keychain!

This is a great idea ! In other news, nice job adding an avatar. I had hoped you would have added the one of the rv on fire in Minnesota. Google it, you may like it and change it. FF bowling is good, but a RV on fire could = WIN !

circlecity
05-22-2014, 06:22 PM
He wouldn't throw a Storm, because he calmed the storm...
He wouldn't throw a Hammer -- especially not a Spike; too reminiscent of the cross...
He wouldn't throw a Motiv, because it's not good to question Jesus' motive...

I know! He'd throw a LORD Field!

What ball is Jesus throwing in The Big Lebowski?

Blacksox1
05-22-2014, 07:46 PM
I believe Jesus would use a wooden skeeball. Yes it would be small, but do you think Jesus would ever miss the pocket ! The ball would travel like lightning and hit like thunder ! And if by chance a 10 pin was standing, all of the universe could count on the mighty messenger, to take it down ! !

rv driver
05-22-2014, 08:51 PM
I believe Jesus would use a wooden skeeball. Yes it would be small, but do you think Jesus would ever miss the pocket ! The ball would travel like lightning and hit like thunder ! And if by chance a 10 pin was standing, all of the universe could count on the mighty messenger, to take it down ! !
Yes, but he just might leave a Greek Church...

rv driver
05-22-2014, 08:56 PM
This is a great idea ! In other news, nice job adding an avatar. I had hoped you would have added the one of the rv on fire in Minnesota. Google it, you may like it and change it. FF bowling is good, but a RV on fire could = WIN !
Nice idea, but "RV Driver" has nothing to do with a recreational vehicle. It has everything to do with a Van's Aircraft RV-10 four-seat homebuilt airplane. Here's a link to the Wikipedia article with a picture or two: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van's_Aircraft_RV-10 the "RV" stands for Richard VanGrunsven, the owner of Van's Aircraft and designer of the RV.

Mudpuppy
05-23-2014, 10:45 AM

This

Mike White
05-23-2014, 02:27 PM
What ball is Jesus throwing in The Big Lebowski?

Well that particular Jesus was into the color purple, so I believe it was the Purple Rhino.

Mike White
05-23-2014, 02:29 PM

A skeeball is below USBC specs. Are you calling Jesus a cheater?

rv driver
05-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Jesus would champion the cause of senseless pin violence to end. He would defend their right to remain standing.

Aslan
05-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Why do we need Jesus when we have Bowl1820??

rv driver
05-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Why do we need Jesus when we have Bowl1820??
That depends. Does Bowl1820 have a savior complex?

bowl1820
05-23-2014, 08:13 PM
That depends. Does Bowl1820 have a savior complex?

No, Aslan just likes to take pokes at me (like this one) because I was going to ban him.

Aslan
05-23-2014, 09:28 PM
No, Aslan just likes to take pokes at me (like this one) because I was going to ban him.

I try to engage him and get him to see me as a jovial participant that appreciates his knowledge and would like to see him lighten up a little bit.

Unfortunately, my attempts and/or methods seem to be ineffective.

Whatever.

austin
05-29-2014, 09:23 PM
I wonder which ball Jesus would throw?...

Would have to be a Lane Masters Legends perfect.

MICHAEL
05-30-2014, 09:09 AM

WHEN THAT didn't work,,,,, well ,,, it was then we all knew you were not the ONE TRUE GOD!! LOL

rv driver
05-30-2014, 09:26 AM
WHEN THAT didn't work,,,,, well ,,, it was then we all knew you were not the ONE TRUE GOD!! LOL
Good one!

austin
06-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Getting back on topic. Storm do make ball keychains, they just don't have the fragrance. My wife has a storm ball keychain hanging off her handbag.

rv driver
06-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Getting back on topic. Storm do make ball keychains, they just don't have the fragrance. My wife has a storm ball keychain hanging off her handbag.
They need to smell.

MICHAEL
06-03-2014, 10:05 AM
I came up with the idea of a small bottle of matching cologne that comes with the ball. WHAT woman doesn't like a Man that smells like his balls!

slogan for Storm: Make that SPECIAL Man in your live Happy, give him the IQ ball, its THE SMART thing to do! Not to mention that alluring scent of apple crisp, that says, after we bowl, you JUST MIGHT STRIKE OUT tonight with me Iceman,, ( and that strike out meaning all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's! as in a perfect evening!!

rv driver
06-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I came up with the idea of a small bottle of matching cologne that comes with the ball. WHAT woman doesn't like a Man that smells like his balls!

slogan for Storm: Make that SPECIAL Man in your live Happy, give him the IQ ball, its THE SMART thing to do! Not to mention that alluring scent of apple crisp, that says, after we bowl, you JUST MIGHT STRIKE OUT tonight with me Iceman,, ( and that strike out meaning all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX's! as in a perfect evening!!
"What woman doesn't like a man who smells like his balls..." New from Givenchy, the Storm Collection called... Gona'd (it's French...).