PDA

View Full Version : Newest ball in my arsenal

vdubtx
05-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Added one last ball to my arsenal for medium to drier lane conditions(my Tuesday league specifically).

Have really liked how Roto Grip rolls for me since winning the Disturbed from Bowlingboards.com last summer. Adding to my Hyper Cell I picked up a few weeks ago.

Roto Grip Uproar laid out with my benchmark drill according to my specs 65x4.25x25. I say benchmark as that is what my specs and how I throw dictated would be my benchmark for symmetric balls. Will see how this goes and may be able to stick with this layout for my symmetrics. My asymmetric layout would be 60x3.25x30.

Ball has a 4" pin to CG. RG 2.55 with a diff of .030. Have not even had a chance to roll it yet. Likely will on Monday.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/39650E13-8CAC-4F37-BCD0-912FD307CF5A_zpseug6iqxw.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/A1E36AA8-C007-46D5-9D5B-479C7A716317_zpsuczovbvw.jpg

This will be my last ball for awhile unless I get a new spare ball.

striker12
05-24-2014, 03:33 PM
almost drilled like my rumble other then my cg is 1/2 inch more to the right

tccstudent
05-24-2014, 10:42 PM
I was thinking about that ball yesterday after the guy at the proshop offered to let me trade for my Fusion that I was trying to figure out how to have it drilled. I decided on the Asylum though.
As for the hyper cell I have a buddy that has basically the same fit as mine so we are able to throw each others equipment. I have not been to impressed with the hyper cell when I have thrown his. I did like his disturbed though.
Good thing about bowling the same leagues as him is if I cant get anything to work I will just go and grab one of his balls. He is about to have the uproar drilled so I am sure I will try it out pretty soon.

RobLV1
05-24-2014, 11:12 PM
This is a terrifying thread! Where your cg is in relation to his is irrelevant. Even more terrifying is the idea that someone else's ball fits you, so you use it and make some kind of evaluation of the ball based on the reaction. Here's the deal: there are three elements invovled in a layout, the drilling angle which is the angle between the line drawn from the pin to the bowler's PAP, the distance of the pin from the bowler's PAP, and the angle to the VAL which is angle between the line drawn from the pin to the bowler's PAP, and the line drawn from the bowler's PAP to the bowler's VAL (Vertical Axis Line - the line drawn from the bowlers PAP to the top of the ball). Unless your PAP is exactly the same as the other bowler whose layout you are looking at, the postion of the cg and the pin is meaningless. Even if the other bowlers ball fits your hand perfectly, the layout and the resulting reaction is meaningless to you unless your PAP is exactly the same as the bowler who owns the ball. Please, folks, this is science, not personal opinion!

Aslan
05-25-2014, 12:06 AM
I'm really kinda disappointed with Rotogrip on the Uproar. I know the surface is slightly different…but it just seems too close to the Rumble. I think most people that use the HP2 series as their "arsenal" are going to see a little difference in the Wrecker, but the Uproar and Rumble will seem identical. They even look identical.

RobLV1
05-25-2014, 07:26 AM
The idea of an arsenal is to create a range of bowling balls to allow you the greatest possibility of "matching up" to a range of oil patterns and/or individual differences between lanes. In most cases, bowlers would pick the UpRoar OR the Rumble based on their own preferences for solid or pearl cover materials that result from their own bowling styles. Roto Grip's series of balls, like other companies series of balls, give bowlers an easy way of identifying how aggressive a particular ball is, based on the series that it is part of. I really don't think that it is their intention that bowlers buy several balls from the same series to create an arsenal.

vdubtx
05-25-2014, 09:13 AM
The good thing about balls is that just because they have a certain rating etc. out of the box, doesn't mean they are stuck at that for their lives. A surface change can make a ball a different ball all together. Also, having both pearl and solid coverstocks in the bag allows for most variations to lane conditions.