PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Ascent Apex Review

jrob857
05-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Review:

The Ascent Apex is the newest entry level performance bowling ball from Motiv Bowling. The Ascent Apen brings together the high RG recon core along with the new Fusion XL Pearl Reactive cover which is a modified version of original cover found on the Primal Rage. This combination of cover and core provides more length on higher friction conditions, gives it a more angular move on the backend, and the continuation is insane for an entry level performance ball. The Ascent Apex, elevate your performance.

INNER CORE Recon
COVERSTOCK Fusion XL
FINISH 1500 Grit and Polished

Comments:

What can I say other than straight wow. This ball is a wonderful addition to my bag because being a high rev player, I needed something the third game and this piece definitely fits the bill. What I love about the Ascent Apex is how well it works on higher friction conditions because it gives me great length down lane and then add the Fusion coverstock and I give a nice backend motion with tremendous continuation through the pins. I have thrown a lot of lower end balls in my career especially on house conditions and I will say in my heart of heart that the Ascent Apex in the strongest entry level performance ball I have ever thrown. First time out of the gate with it I felt this ball should easily be a mid to mid-upper level bowling ball. High rev players will love it because it reads well on high fictions conditions and lower rev players will love the length when their comfort zone starts breaking down and don’t fell comfortable moving in a little bit. The Ascent Apex for the price should be a steal for any bowler.

Likes – More length on higher friction; nice angular backend and continuation: price is worth it.

Dislikes – None.

I recommend Ascent Apex for all types of bowlers.

Motiv Staff Player,
John Robertson
www.motivbowling.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM6-2Aj11X4