PDA

View Full Version : seen the coach again maybe these can help you?

noeymc
05-31-2014, 07:30 PM
Knee continuation

shut the door ( i had this last time thought i had it right but wasn't fully shut)

waiting on the ball

( he fixed my timing while i was there)

knee contnuation i was stoping completely at the foul line and almost standing up

shut the door i open my hips on my back swing but once the ball pass's i need to close the door i thought i was there but not closed enough just yet the cat still get out xD

waiting on the ball this goes back to muscling the ball by me shutting the door i was forcing the ball down on my back swing somthing else to work on

also helped me with my spares i can now throw my spare ball very straight instead of throwing it like my hook ball just another release to add to my tool belt =D

ill add his release drill he showed me later the papers out in the truck

rv driver
05-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Good advice, and sounds like something clicked with you. Great!

Aslan
05-31-2014, 09:29 PM
waiting on the ball

This is one of my big questions/struggles right now. By emulating Earl Anthony I've developed a habit where I almost have an "intentional" late timing. Actuallly, I've heard Rob call it an "early timing"…and someone else refer to it as either late-early or early-late. But it's definitely not what most modern timing videos instruct.

But it seems to work well in terms of accuracy and spare shooting so I'm sticking with it.

One interesting stat…in open bowling…a lot of which was before making my recent change in approach/release…almost 17% of my leaves were full racks where I threw the 1st ball in the gutter. In my current league…all games AFTER my new release/approach…DESPITE playing most games very close (2 boards) to that right gutter on my strike ball…only about 4% (ONE) of my leaves were the result of a 1st ball gutter ball.

My only point is…usually with a late or early timing, you're going to have accuracy problems…but I haven't noticed any.

rv driver
05-31-2014, 09:31 PM
This is one of my big questions/struggles right now. By emulating Earl Anthony I've developed a habit where I almost have an "intentional" late timing. Actuallly, I've heard Rob call it an "early timing"…and someone else refer to it as either late-early or early-late. But it's definitely not what most modern timing videos instruct.

But it seems to work well in terms of accuracy and spare shooting so I'm sticking with it.

One interesting stat…in open bowling…a lot of which was before making my recent change in approach/release…almost 17% of my leaves were full racks where I threw the 1st ball in the gutter. In my current league…all games AFTER my new release/approach…DESPITE playing most games very close (2 boards) to that right gutter on my strike ball…only about 4% (ONE) of my leaves were the result of a 1st ball gutter ball.

My only point is…usually with a late or early timing, you're going to have accuracy problems…but I haven't noticed any.
It's funny how (at least for me), when the timing is right, I can feel it in my body.

Aslan
05-31-2014, 09:51 PM
Mine isn't "natural". If I forget to pay attention to it…too much Gin…having a bad game…trying to "make a hook happen"…etc… If I forget to pay attention to my timing…things start to go bad.

So when I do my 4-step approach…for each step I say:

" "PUSH"…"BACK"…"BACK"…"SWING" "

Doing that seems to remind me that with each step…the ball should be doing SOMETHING.

rv driver
06-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Mine isn't "natural". If I forget to pay attention to it…too much Gin…having a bad game…trying to "make a hook happen"…etc… If I forget to pay attention to my timing…things start to go bad.

So when I do my 4-step approach…for each step I say:

" "PUSH"…"BACK"…"BACK"…"SWING" "

Doing that seems to remind me that with each step…the ball should be doing SOMETHING.
Preferably NOT hitting the floor behind you... (happened to me three times my very first game... I remember clearly: I rolled a whopping **13**!)

dnhoffman
06-10-2014, 08:21 AM
I struggle with knee continuation so much. I quit working on it in practice because it was so frustrating. I need to see a silver/gold coach.

rv driver
06-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I struggle with knee continuation so much. I quit working on it in practice because it was so frustrating. I need to see a silver/gold coach.
There's supposedly a silver coach here in town. Found out about him quite by accident.

noeymc
06-11-2014, 10:47 AM
the level of coach doesnt matter as much as does the coach match up with you

rv driver
06-11-2014, 01:24 PM
the level of coach doesnt matter as much as does the coach match up with you
True that. I've taken musical coaching for the last 45 years, and done my share of teaching. I've also done my share of counseling and coaching. I've also taken private pilot training. it's 99% personality and 1% certification.

In fact, I know a professional trumpet player who insists that the best trumpet lessons he ever took were taught, not by a trumpet player, but by a singer.