PDA

View Full Version : Zero Gravity Review by Dan Schaden Jr

StoRoto2013
06-02-2014, 08:12 AM
The Zero Gravity by Storm is a perfect complement to their Premier Line. The Sync was a heavy rolling bowling Ball and the Byte was a skid flip type of bowling ball. The Zero Gravity fits in between both with a Solid cover stock (ERG Solid Reactive) and the Shape-Lock LD core provide the user with a predictable middle lane reaction and a powerful backend motion.
The layout for the Zero Gravity was 75 X 5 ½ X 45 or in simple terms pin over the fingers with no hole with the mass bias kicked out slightly to the right. My Coordinates are 5 5/8 over and ¾ up, medium ball speed (15mph to 16mph), rev rate around 300 and I am right handed. The first thing I noticed about the Zero Gravity was how readable it was and also how it went through the pins…. Both were impressive!

The bowling balls that I compared the Zero Gravity to were the IQ Tour and the Sync. The Zero Gravity is more dynamic than the Sync with more backend motion and the length gave the Zero Gravity the edge in versatility. The Zero Gravity allowed me to move left and get around the carry down. The comparison was done on a longer oil pattern and with volume. The next ball that a compared to the Zero Gravity was the IQ Tour. The IQ Tour is the combination of strength and predictability. The Zero Gravity is a touch stronger at the break point and also the continuous motion through the pins. My bench mark ball was the IQ Tour…. It might have been replaced with the Zero Gravity! The pattern that was used for the IQ Tour and Zero Gravity was a medium pattern with a medium volume. Then I used all three bowling balls on a normal house pattern and the Zero Gravity was the more versatile of the bunch. The Zero Gravity allowed me to be able to follow the break down left without the ball losing too much power like the Sync. The Zero Gravity was able to turn the corner and continue through the pins better than the IQ Tour. After all the comparisons were finished, the Zero Gravity is a versatile bowling ball and will fit in anyone’s bowling bag.

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm/ RotoGrip Staff Member
Vise Grip Staff Member