PDA

View Full Version : New in Nebraska, in more ways than one

Big Merl
06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Greetings all! I am not only new to the forums but new to bowling. I bowled some as a kid, mostly the occasional game with my dad. Earlier this year the lady of my life talked me into joining a work bowling club with her, and I caught the fever. Right now I'm working on learning to just keep the ball out of the gutter, getting slowly but steadily better. I enjoy the cosmic game and the house balls were making my thumb swell, so I went out and got an all white Viz-a-ball. It looks amazing under the light.

Where I'm currently at is working my average slowly up. I've made a deal with myself that if I can get my average above 100 I'll get myself a nicer ball for Christmas. For now I'm just having fun learning the game though. I've found the game is a lot different than the one I used to hate being dragged to as a kid.

Amyers
06-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Glad your having fun keep working on it you will get there

BowlingBoards.com
06-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Welcome to site!

MICHAEL
06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Bowling on the Non Professional level, ( and maybe on the professional level), should always BE ABOUT FUN! Great site to Have some fun, and like me learn a bunch!! Have FUN!

On here I am know as ICEMAN, but on all my leagues in Kansas city they call me Iron Mike. (Retired Iron Worker) and teacher.

rv driver
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Bowling on the Non Professional level, ( and maybe on the professional level), should always BE ABOUT FUN! Great site to Have some fun, and like me learn a bunch!! Have FUN!

On here I am know as ICEMAN, but on all my leagues in Kansas city they call me Iron Mike. (Retired Iron Worker) and teacher.
You didn't happen to work for Armco, did you?

got_a_300
06-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the site Big Merl just keep on practicing
and that average will come on up and when you get
a better ball it should come up even more.

manke
06-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the site!!