PDA

View Full Version : Amyers Scores

Amyers
06-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Decided to start a new thread with my scores. Tonight was league night and I started it off well. I forgot to take my shoe protectors off and fired myself down the lane about three foot on the first practice ball. It was just that kind of night. Shot 127-127-123. I actually had a good time even though I bowled really bad, at least everyone had a good laugh. I will try to figure out what went wrong later just licking my wounds tonight.

Amyers
06-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Well I did remember to take my shoe protectors off tonight so no trips down the lane for me. Didn't bowl well at all. I didn't expect to be lights out because of adjusting to some of the changes I have made this week. Threw 169-106-106 I knew I wasn't throwing great in the first game 1 strike but was clean through 8th frame and the wheels fell off. I was never confortable throwing it's not good when the few shots the felt right don't hit the pocket or even the head pin. I'm not sure what is going on. I feel better on my approach since changing to the 5 step. The ball felt better in my hands but all night long if I got it where I wanted it was high on the head pin or I would get opened up a little but the ball wouldn't come back.

Aslan
06-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Threw 169-106-106

Almost a triplicate!!

Amyers
06-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Almost a triplicate!!

Who needs a triplicate of that

Amyers
06-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Practiced today the first game 139 the guy from the pro shop came out towards the end and told me I was still moving my feet to fast. Managed to slow down shot 200-235 for a 573 series. It felt good to finally throw a few decent games. Next up leagues on Monday. Hopefully it will carry over but I'm yet to have a really good game on the fresh oil at league. We will see.

Amyers
06-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Leagues tonight better than they have been but still not good. 129-158-145 still not happy with that but the ball did look better today had some movement it seemed like the ball was breaking too late had as much hook as I wanted but it was kind of coming in behind the head pin left a lot of 7 and 10 pins and even a few solid 9s which is not one I typically leave just not good ball reaction wouldn't have been that bad but I had one of those nights where I couldn't shoot spare even missed a 5 pin tonight. At least me and my daughter are in first parent kid league

Amyers
06-13-2014, 10:35 PM
I bowled leagues tonight 159-149-146 won 5 out of 6 points so I am moderately happy. Would have liked better scores. Struggled getting the ball flush in the pocket a lot of really weak hits. Ihad the ball in the pocket most of the night it was just weak. Spare shooting was up and down made all of my 7 and 10 pin spares tonight witch I stuggle with but missed some easy single pin spares and chopped a few buckets.

Amyers
06-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Monday league night 159-150-144 couldn't get a strike but shot spares okay still having a lot of issues with my thumb. Meeting my proshop guy on Thursday to take another look. I hope I get something resolved with this just can't seem to get it right.

manke
06-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Just rember pick up your spares and the strikes will come!!!!:D

Aslan
06-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Monday league night 159-150-144 couldn't get a strike but shot spares okay still having a lot of issues with my thumb. Meeting my proshop guy on Thursday to take another look. I hope I get something resolved with this just can't seem to get it right.

Remember how I remind you that I used to throw like you??

Case in point #3…I used to have BAD thumb issues. It turns out, when you really try to torque the ball on the release/upswing…your thumb swells up and gets stuck.

Unfortunately, before figuring that out, I had all by bowling ball thumbholes drilled wider to stop the thumb sticking, and now have thumb holes that are too big and I have to use a lot of tape to make the thumb hole more snug.

Amyers
06-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Remember how I remind you that I used to throw like you??

Case in point #3…I used to have BAD thumb issues. It turns out, when you really try to torque the ball on the release/upswing…your thumb swells up and gets stuck.

Unfortunately, before figuring that out, I had all by bowling ball thumbholes drilled wider to stop the thumb sticking, and now have thumb holes that are too big and I have to use a lot of tape to make the thumb hole more snug.

Aslan I have bowled with this style for a long time and never had thumb problems before now and I have talked with my proshop guy who has watched me throw and says its a fit issue not a me thing its in the angle of the holes somewhere he just has to figure out what works for my hand. We changed a lot when we drilled up this new ball shorter span and went reverse on the thumb and fingers which is new to me. The reverse on the thumb had me coming out of the thumb hole way to early and made me grip the ball its better now that we have redone it but still not right I'm supposed to go over tomorrow for him to adjust it again.

Aslan
06-18-2014, 12:11 PM
I guess they can do a lot to help thumb issues by changing pitch and what not. So hopefully it's an easy fix.

Amyers
06-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I guess they can do a lot to help thumb issues by changing pitch and what not. So hopefully it's an easy fix.

I hope so this will be attempt number 3

Amyers
06-19-2014, 03:21 PM
OK I'm off to see my proshop guy about redoing the thumb on my ball again. Wish me luck. I really need to get this fixed right.

Amyers
06-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Well we added another 1/8 forward and a little pitch to the right and lengthened the span a little. We also decided to hit the ball on the spinner with an old 2000 pad to dull it just a little. After the changes it felt good. The were having the PBA league tonight so I got to try it out on Viper it was awesome. I threw for about 10 minutes and it looked good enough I wanted to keep score since I have never bowled on a PBA pattern or sport pattern. I was only able to get 2 games in but 208-212 needless to say I was happy.

Amyers
06-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Really looking forward to leagues tonight. After what I did yesterday I can feel some good stuff coming on.

Amyers
06-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Friday night leagues I had been pumped up for this weeks league after making some changes to my drilling and surface i was really excited for tonight's bowling. Got off to a little slow start which is normal for me was open the first three frames got it together and threw 5 strikes in a row missed an easy single pin spare and then was clean through the rest of the game. 2nd game was in the pocket but not getting strikes shot spares okay. 3rd game strike ball was back but missed a couple of 7 pins. Shot 190-170-189.

Altogether I had hoped for a little higher score but I was happy I was in the pocket all night, my ball looks much better moving to the pocket, and although my thumb is still a mess it bothered me less than it has in months. All I can say is once the thumb heals up all the way people had better watch out.

Amyers
06-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Saturday practice

Well I have been working on the drilling/grip on my bowling ball and thought maybe I finally had it right first game doing pretty well 8th frame my hand sticks to the ball it doesn't release and I end up on my back on the lane with my ball still attached to my hand. I'm a pretty big guy and a fall like that isn't fun for me. Finished out the game with a 170 and was done.

Amyers
06-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Monday leagues.

I was nervous about my leagues today as my back was still bothering me from the fall i took on Saturday. I decided to bowl anyway. It took a few shots for me to trust the ball again but finally decided it was okay I think my thumb had swollen and caused it to stick.

I didn't bowl real well 149-165-138. Seemed like my area to get the pocket was very small tonight and when I did I left the 10 pin. I had been throwing a back up ball at the tens and converting them pretty well but I also decided that was what was causing some of my thumb problems so I went back to trying to get them conventionally didn't make a single one and I left at least 8 over the three games.

All together at least I was able to get my games in we are in first in this league so I would have liked to shot better but sometimes you just have to be happy with what you can get. I'm off bowling until Friday I hope to shoot better then.

Bunny
06-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Saturday practice

Well I have been working on the drilling/grip on my bowling ball and thought maybe I finally had it right first game doing pretty well 8th frame my hand sticks to the ball it doesn't release and I end up on my back on the lane with my ball still attached to my hand. I'm a pretty big guy and a fall like that isn't fun for me. Finished out the game with a 170 and was done.

Ouch!!

Monday leagues.

I was nervous about my leagues today as my back was still bothering me from the fall i took on Saturday. I decided to bowl anyway. It took a few shots for me to trust the ball again but finally decided it was okay I think my thumb had swollen and caused it to stick.

I didn't bowl real well 149-165-138. Seemed like my area to get the pocket was very small tonight and when I did I left the 10 pin. I had been throwing a back up ball at the tens and converting them pretty well but I also decided that was what was causing some of my thumb problems so I went back to trying to get them conventionally didn't make a single one and I left at least 8 over the three games.

All together at least I was able to get my games in we are in first in this league so I would have liked to shot better but sometimes you just have to be happy with what you can get. I'm off bowling until Friday I hope to shoot better then.

My timing gets seriously off if my shoe just sticks a little. I can't imagine after a fall.

Better bowling Friday!

Amyers
06-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Ouch!!

My timing gets seriously off if my shoe just sticks a little. I can't imagine after a fall.

Better bowling Friday!

Wasn't fun thanks for the support Bunny. Good luck on the Shark.

Aslan
06-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Saturday practice

8th frame my hand sticks to the ball it doesn't release and I end up on my back on the lane with my ball still attached to my hand. I'm a pretty big guy and a fall like that isn't fun for me.

Thanks for NOT getting on tape to provide us with hours and hours of entertainment at your expense. :mad:

Amyers
06-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks for NOT getting on tape to provide us with hours and hours of entertainment at your expense. :mad:

Somehow I think that would have failed to make it through the editing process :p

Amyers
06-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Friday win lose or draw league

Medium oil wood lanes

I walked in and I had drawn one of the best bowlers on my league as my opponent and his team mate was #2. My teammate was a girl who is bowling her first league that was flipping the ball down the lane with her hand bent backwards until last week. I had not bowled any this week after the events of last weekend and pretty much thought I was going to get my a** handed to me tonight.

First game during practice I noted the lanes were oiler than normal and shots were just going wild I think where the air isn't working the oil is running down the lanes. If you played outside the balls were not coming back if you got it inside they were taking off. This wasn't just me the two guys who are good both 200+ averages were having problems. I decided to keep it in tight threw over the third arrow. Not a lot of strikes only had one but I made my spares ended up 172 beat my opponent with handicap and we won the team game.

Second game I wasn't happy with the one strike I decided to move outside this is one of those days I wish I had a more aggressive ball I got the first ball in for a strike but I should have stayed where I was. decent hits and some bad shots couldn't buy a spare shot 130 but my teammate threw 110 her new high game. I lost the individual but still got a team point thanks to her.

Third game moved back inside threw 5 strikes this game missed a couple of multi pin spares chopped them or I would have had a really good score. Ended with a 189. Won the individual match scratch and handicap ( I was really happy to beat this guy he's one of the best in either if my leagues) also won the team point.

So I won 5 out of 6 points tonight which brings my record to 21 and 14 which should be good for 3rd place or so at the midway point. I couldn't be happier with where I am considering my thumb problems I've had this summer. No new problems with it and it's healing up.

Aslan
06-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Won the individual match scratch and handicap ( I was really happy to beat this guy he's one of the best in either if my leagues)

Always nice to beat teams scratch. It's always annoying when you win and they claim it's because you have so much handicap. Winning scratch is like an extra "moral victory" point.

Amyers
07-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Sorry a little behind visited AMF Rose Bowl lanes in Louisville Kentucky on 7/3. Nice center with a great pro shop if your ever in the area stop in.

Only threw two games 159-211 posted the vids earlier. Was working on my release it felt pretty good but the lanes were on the drier side which makes it hard for me to tell how well the release was working.

Amyers
07-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Practice today at Town n country lanes back home Nitro, WV

Bowled 141-200-145 worked on the balance issue and not bringing the ball up at the start of the approach. I don't know if it was me or the lanes today all my shots were in the pocket no pulls or Brooklyn's today but it was a little strange if I got it a little inside it seemed to come in just a little high if I moved it a little more outside it seemed to come roaring back but wasn't coming in at the right angle. Threw quite a few strikes but struggled with the spares today was a day i needed a spare ball

Amyers
07-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Monday night league

I bowled 176-153-159 usually I wouldn't be too happy with those scores but I felt like I bowled pretty well just didn't get as many strikes as usual. Left a ton of ten pins which I struggle with. Out of the three games I only had 5 shots that didn't hit the right pocket three crossed over or went high I pulled them two of them Brooklyn strikes. Two I'm not sure what happened just didn't hook not saying the rest were perfect but decent.

I have been messing with my release which was probably the reason for the two that didn't hook. I worked on trying to not bring the ball up and start the ball a little earlier on the approach I think with some success. Without someone watching me I have a hard time telling for sure and the rest of my team had prebowled

Aslan
07-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Monday night league

I have been messing with my release which was probably the reason for the two that didn't hook. I worked on trying to not bring the ball up and start the ball a little earlier on the approach I think with some success. Without someone watching me I have a hard time telling for sure and the rest of my team had prebowled

Try not to work on things during league…thats what practice is for.

Amyers
07-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Try not to work on things during league…thats what practice is for.

I usually do not work on my game during leagues but we were bowling a bye team this week have an odd number on this league so it really didn't matter and we have a ten game lead over the second place team anyway. I am limited on practice time this week too so have to get stuff in while it's fresh in my mind.

MICHAEL
07-08-2014, 09:06 AM
I usually do not work on my game during leagues but we were bowling a bye team this week have an odd number on this league so it really didn't matter and we have a ten game lead over the second place team anyway. I am limited on practice time this week too so have to get stuff in while it's fresh in my mind.

LOL,,,, EVERYTIME I bowl league, I am working on my game!! I am a work in progress,,,, I HOPE!! For some of us,,,, the work never ends.

Aslan
07-08-2014, 12:25 PM
LOL,,,, EVERYTIME I bowl league, I am working on my game!! I am a work in progress,,,, I HOPE!! For some of us,,,, the work never ends.

Pfft. Working on stuff. Those of us with the "gift"...it just comes naturally.

Amyers
07-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Friday night league

We bowled two weeks tonight alley is closed next Friday.

Started off well was trying to start my swing on the second step and not raise the ball worked really well the first game actually felt like the fall was in front of me but then my timing seemed to get messed up and it went down hill.

223-139-159 I threw lots of strikes but couldn't seem to make my spares at all partly due to the fact the lanes were hooking more partly due to me. They have fixed one of the ac units so it was only hot not miserable tonight I don't know if that's why the ball seemed to hook more or if it was just me. The second and third game my timing went out and I started missing right and left even missed a couple of 5 pins for gods sake.

Second set of games I kept trying to start on the second step but I quit with adjusting my push out I think I'm going to need to fix one then work on the other. Shot 161-191-178. At least more consistent still threw more strikes than usual but the spare shooting was below par.

I could have bowled over 200 in any of the games besides the second of the first set if I had just made a reasonable amount of spares. I even missed ones I usually make tonight.

fortheloveofbowling
07-12-2014, 02:04 AM
Amyers, Have you purchased your spare ball yet?

Amyers
07-12-2014, 02:10 AM
Amyers, Have you purchased your spare ball yet?

I wish waiting on my driller to come back in town he's been on vacation. That was some of the difficulty tonight. When I used the old blue hammer I could use it for everything well except 10 pins but this resin ball is not as smooth as that one was it's much more angular and I have a lot more issues shooting spares with it even the stuff on the left side it seems like I either over adjust or under with it.

I should have gotten the spare ball a while back but I was having car problems that cost a ton of money to fix so it had to wait but I should be able to get it as soon as he comes back into town.

fortheloveofbowling
07-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Yeah i hear you, seems like there are always random costs coming up when you want that new ball. We need to get our priorities in order huh? HAHA... I was listening to walter ray being interviewed during the senior masters recently and he really bottomed lined spare shooting. He said someone asked him how he never seems to miss single pin spares. He told them the ball is 8 1/2 inches wide so you basically have a foot and !/2 down lane to hit. He told them, are telling me you can't hit that? A mental game to tell your self as your standing there was the point i think. Anyway, coming from him seemed like a good thought process! Good luck with your game man.

Amyers
07-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Yeah i hear you, seems like there are always random costs coming up when you want that new ball. We need to get our priorities in order huh? HAHA... I was listening to walter ray being interviewed during the senior masters recently and he really bottomed lined spare shooting. He said someone asked him how he never seems to miss single pin spares. He told them the ball is 8 1/2 inches wide so you basically have a foot and !/2 down lane to hit. He told them, are telling me you can't hit that? A mental game to tell your self as your standing there was the point i think. Anyway, coming from him seemed like a good thought process! Good luck with your game man.

Yeah I've heard that before and it's correct unfortunately the old brain just gets in the way sometimes. Thanks for the good wishes

Aslan
07-16-2014, 11:12 AM

To be fair, WRW missed 3 single 10-pins in that tournament...so even the greatest isn't perfect.

Amyers
08-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Friday night league

I bowled pretty well tonight 219-180-159

The first game was clean except I threw a bad shot at a 7 pin just pulled it. The asylum rolled great threw quite a few strikes I had no problem getting the ball to the right tonight and it had no problem coming back into the pocket. I've been working on not coming around with the elbow and it's working I really only threw two shots where I wasn't behind the ball.

Game two the asylum was still hitting great threw the first seven frames but I could tell my line was starting to break down I tried moving left but it really didn't seem to work I should have balled down here but I didn't threw two splits thus the 180.

Game three I switched to the euphoria had a hard time finding my line but I left makable spare wasn't high scoring but I still felt okay about this game as I picked up most of my spares except for the two splits I threw.

All in all I was happy with the way I bowled. I'm going to need to practice more with understanding how the euphoria and asylum work together. I haven't practiced enough since adding the asylum to get a real feel for how to switch because my lines are a lot different between the balls.

fortheloveofbowling
08-01-2014, 11:04 PM
You get the same read with your asylum as i do. I love it starting out with my angles not real open but i can't move very far left with it and try to bank the dry. It just does not seem to be a ball to swing to much but if you can make parallel moves it works all night. Good ball though.

Amyers
08-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Well I figured it was just me. That's interesting I figured when I got it I would be able to throw that stand far to the left across to the right shot with it but it doesn't seem to like to do that it seems happiest in the middle of my area standing 20 to 28 aiming at 10 to 15 with it going out to about 5. Hits well with what it likes to do though.

fortheloveofbowling
08-01-2014, 11:26 PM
If you ever see a good deal on a disturbed that is a good compliment to the asylum. It has much more of that movement you are talking about.

Amyers
08-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Cool thanks for the advice. Going to pick up a spare ball first. Then the wife wants a new one plus the my daughter wants her first reactive ball my proshop guy is gonna love me this year

fortheloveofbowling
08-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Hey, a lot worse things you could spend your money on. That is the excuse i give my wife anyway.

Amyers
08-02-2014, 12:18 AM
My wife loves bowling as much or more than I do. So with us it's usually not if we are going to buy bowling equipment it's who for. There are worse problems to have.

Amyers
08-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Friday night league Win, Lose, or Draw

Tonight was week 11 currently in 4th place in this one

I had a good night wanted to do well roll off is next week and I was close enough to have a chance to move into 2nd.

Game 1- 196 the asylum was also me tonight on the fresh it almost seems like it doesn't matter how far right I get that ball short of the gutter it's coming back for a great hit into the pocket. This game would have been higher but I threw 2 splits for opens on shots I did kept my line too tight on.

Game 2- 188 was clean through 7 chopped a 6-10 to end that finished good the asylum was getting jumpy towards the end. I haven't figured out how to move farther inside with this ball yet. I start out standing on about 25 throwing to about 7 on the break point but when i make a small move left say standing 28 9 at the break it doesn't seem to make any difference the ball is still jumpy if I make a big move standing 30 out to about 12 or farther in the ball just doesn't turn around enough maybe I'm doing something wrong on these farther left lines.

Game 3- 169 I balled down to the euphoria Rob would have been proud I threw the first one for a strike. I'm struggling with changing from the asylum to the euphoria the strike not withstanding. I play more squared to the lane with the euphoria and the asylum is more let it go right it's coming back and I'm not as good as I would like switching back and forth. I still have the regular thumb hole in the euphoria and the oval thumb in the asylum the difference between them is driving me nuts. I've got to get the euphoria to the shop to get it changed.

All in all a good night. Won all 6 points. I didn't miss a single 10 pin tonight �� that rarely happened for me. I did chop 2 6-10's which I usually don't do ��. The scores on the first 2 games would have been much higher except for a couple of stupid mistakes but I'm going better than I have been.

I also tried using roby's skin protector on my thumb and no pain or blistering tonight which is great the first pain free games I've thrown in 6 months☺️. Yeah!!!

Amyers
08-09-2014, 10:13 AM
If I can get out of work at a decent time I'm going to get some practice in. I haven't been able to bowl more than 1 game of practice in months.

Amyers
08-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Practice med low oil wood

Game 1- 170 started off really well then I started throwing my elbow out and the asylum was getting to be too much on the drier oil from last night shot

Game 2- 165 threw the first two strikes after switching to the asylum then kind of fell apart could keep the elbow in and bad shot making. Stroked out in the tenth to salvage a 165 and really pissed myself off at me. It's one thing to to not find your line or get bad luck it's another when you perfectly capable of putting the ball where it needs to go and just don't.

Only had time to get two games in before leagues started. I was happy with the switchover between the asylum and the euphoria. Thrown strikes on the first ball of the last two switches. I did finally miss a ten pin today 7/8 over the last 5 games. I chopped another 6-10 tonight I may have to go back to hooking at the 6-10 instead of throwing the backup ball I've chopped the ten pin out of it on three of the last four. Altogether it felt good just to be able to get a few practice games in first practice in a long while still no thumb blisters ��

Aslan
08-11-2014, 07:17 PM
It's one thing to to not find your line or get bad luck it's another when you perfectly capable of putting the ball where it needs to go and just don't.

Yup.

Been there.

Thats another reason I don't think I'm totally ready to jump to a spare ball yet...because when I miss spares...it is RARELY because I overplay the hook or it hooks more than expected. It's just because I make bad shots. With my strike ball...I can't always score well...but I can usually hit in or near the pocket. Shooting spares...I just seem to "miss" sometimes.

Amyers
08-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Monday family twosome league

Game 1- 139 I'm really not sure what happened here in practice I was coming in lite to the pocket so I made a move right threw two strikes in a row. Start game the ball just takes off left on the first shot I don't mean Brooklyn farther left. I moved back right to my normal line the ball was still wild hooking way more than normal on the fresh oil. Left all kinds of crazy splits just really struggled

Game 2- 181 moved a little farther left standing 30 and targeting 15 and loosened up on the release a little ball calmed down and played pretty well.

Game 3- 217 moved my target a little farther left to 18 continued with the asylum and bowled really well.

All in all the first game was miserable I think I was adding some extra cup on the wrist there which I don't need with the asylum. Wish it had not taken me an entire game to figure it out. Spare shooting was really good tonight besides the crazy ones I was leaving early picked up all the 7 and 10 pins tonight. I have really struggled in this league this year. There were not very many teams on this league to begin with and a lot of pre bowls with the other kids often we are the only ones there and I have a tend cry to bowl too fast so it was nice to post a few decent scores anyway

Amyers
08-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Friday Win Lose or Draw league

Started the night in second place 1/2 game back. There are some really good bowlers in this league and I really wanted to win it or at least make the roll off.

Game 1- 192 threw the ball really well only two bad shots in this game unfortunately one of the was in the tenth frame missed a 10 pin or this won would have been 200+

Game 2- 196 again bowled well was clean until the 10th chopped a 6-10 been having some issues with that one here lately again would have been 200+ if not opening the tenth.

Game 3- 189 started off with the first two strikes threw a bad shot messed the release up left a bucket that I chopped threw the next three strikes but then kind of fell off I did make my spare in the tenth

I won all six points finished in first I will be in the roll off on Saturday. I will update and let everyone know how I did. All in all a good night bowling but it could have been better with a little better spare shooting. If I really want to consistently bowl with the better bowlers I'm going to have to kick it up a notch on the spares. Could have easily had 600+ series tonight if I had just made my easy spares.

MiggityMatt
08-16-2014, 01:32 AM
... I forgot to take my shoe protectors off and fired myself down the lane about three foot on the first practice ball. It was just that kind of night...

I apologize for brining up a potentially sore subject but, I'm curious. Do you look down onto the approach when you line up? I've stepped up with my "booty" on a few times but I always catch it when I look down to line up. I hate to see anyone go down like that.

On a brighter note, congrats on making the roll-off. Bowl well!

Amyers
08-16-2014, 01:44 AM
I apologize for brining up a potentially sore subject but, I'm curious. Do you look down onto the approach when you line up? I've stepped up with my "booty" on a few times but I always catch it when I look down to line up. I hate to see anyone go down like that.

On a brighter note, congrats on making the roll-off. Bowl well!

No problem I posted it so others could ask question and have a laugh with me about it. I do look down at my feet when I line up. I really don't know how I missed them. I'm not a jump up and fire it kind of guy I generally take my time and even make sure I have my feet angled towards my mark. I guess I was oblivious too it. It could be that my shoes are black and blue the covers are blue and black may have had something to do with it.

Thanks I'm excited and looking forward to Saturday. These are my first two leagues after being away from the game for 20 years.

MiggityMatt
08-16-2014, 02:10 AM
It was a camouflage sniper! I can see that.

20 years?! Wow, that has got be a great feeling to be back and doing so well. Hit 'em hard!

Amyers
08-16-2014, 02:25 AM
It was a camouflage sniper! I can see that.

20 years?! Wow, that has got be a great feeling to be back and doing so well. Hit 'em hard!

It's been a trip the wife and both kids have taken it up too were having a lot of fun. It has been interesting coming back lot of stuff has changed but it's still throwing the round thing where you intend. I was one of the better guys in my alley when I was a kid I still have a long way to go to get back there but I at least have it to where if I'm having a good night and the better guys are off a bit I can compete with them. Now just to get it where I can do it all the time.

Amyers
08-19-2014, 12:31 AM
Monday family twosome league

I never seem to bowl very well in this league most of the teams pre bowl or tend not to show so it's just the two of us bowling and I don't do well that way. My average is 30 pins lower in this league than my other one.

Currently in first place I imagine we did well enough to win all of our games unless someone comes in and really light it up.
This is the last week for this league so we should have first

167-168-129

That about says it all right there I didn't start out well finished worse. I'm struggling with my release at the moment for some reason. I throw one ball it's in the pocket perfect strike next ball I hook it across the lane next ball don't get anything on it weak or worse. Worst thing about it it's not just one problem I'm ending up cupped more on one than another then I over rotate one then I seem to lose my hand position under the ball it's just feeling different on every shot. It's not uncommon for me to have one of these problems on a few shots a night but the last six games I've bowled it been every other ball or worse. Not really sure what to do.

fortheloveofbowling
08-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Hang in there. When you are having issues it is very important to just simplify everything and go back to basics. I know that is a common thing to say but it is true. Just focus on 1 swing thought like your push away or waiting on the ball at the bottom of the swing. When things are going bad for me i often find that i have all these thoughts in my head on the approach. If your release still feels inconsistent throw some shots trying not to do a whole lot with your hand and just focus on your mark. Good luck man it will come back around when you least expect it.

Amyers
08-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Hang in there. When you are having issues it is very important to just simplify everything and go back to basics. I know that is a common thing to say but it is true. Just focus on 1 swing thought like your push away or waiting on the ball at the bottom of the swing. When things are going bad for me i often find that i have all these thoughts in my head on the approach. If your release still feels inconsistent throw some shots trying not to do a whole lot with your hand and just focus on your mark. Good luck man it will come back around when you least expect it.

You are right it's just frustrating when you really feel like you've made progress and then boom here's something else. I had been rolling at least decent above average scores for about 2 weeks kinda felt like I had some stuff figured out hopefully I can figure it out quick I'm in a roll of Saturday for first in my other league and some decent money on the line

mc_runner
08-20-2014, 11:52 AM
How's your timing looking through your release? Could be a really simple thing to try working on, as well.

Amyers
08-20-2014, 12:48 PM
How's your timing looking through your release? Could be a really simple thing to try working on, as well.

I think that is part of the problem I am turning early and overturning on some shots which is causing the inconsistency.

Amyers
08-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Saturday practice

Decided to go get some practice in today fall leagues don't start until next week for me so I'm getting edgy. Haven't bowled in a week which is unusual for me.

Game #1 169- threw the asylum was leaving lots of 10 pins and my spare shooting was off but I was putting the ball in the pocket pretty well tried a couple different lines but just didn't seem to matter too many ten pins I got about 60% of them which I wasn't happy with. I don't usually bowl well with the asylum when the oils not fresh so decided to change to the euphoria of the next game.

Game #2 167- had the same issue with the euphoria lots of ten pins still hitting the pocket consistently and missing spare I should have made.

Game #3 170- pretty much same as #1 and #2

Well I was consistent and put the ball pretty much where I wanted just never seemed to get the reaction I was looking for in any of the games. But the release was good and I was hitting my mark so I'm going to chalk it up to a success. I tried multiple lines and just didn't seem to have what I needed to strike on a consistent basis today.

Amyers
09-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Sunday practice Venture lanes

Game 1- 179 started off okay was clean except for a missed 10 pin and a split in the tenth

Game 2- 193 started off terrible couldn't pick up a spare to save my life threw the final five balls for strikes to salvage a decent game

Game 3- 165 threw the first two strikes felt good still couldn't make a spare I threw six strikes in this game and ended up with a 165 that is pathetic ��. I finally picked up a ten pin in the tenth for the only spare of the game.

My strike ball was on my spare ball never showed up. If it was a single pin spare I missed it. On multiple pin spares I either hit them like I normally do and something bad happened or I chopped it. The lanes were more heavily oiled today and the asylum was like a knife threw hot butter today but the spares I was just off.

Aslan
09-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Sounds like my game EVERY game.

Amyers
09-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Friday Night Mixed League

Finally started the season my first fall league in twenty years. It seemed like my ball speed was a little slower or maybe it was due to it being cooler out but I struggled with the asylum early wanting to take off and be inconsistent. I should have shelved it right at the start but didn't.

Game 1- 158 threw the asylum through the first 7 frames and changed to the euphoria but struggled to find a line that worked.

Game 2- 160 missed some spares and left a lot of 7 pins. Seemed to be in the pocket but just leaving pins on every throw finally got some strikes at the end to get the 160.

Game 3- 198 finally seemed to find a line that got some strikes and made my spares this game would have been better but I came in light to leave a bucket in the tenth that I chopped.

Altogether shot 512 which I can live with but I really expect higher scores on a night when I'm in the pocket with good hits consistently. I don't like it when I leave thinking I bowled better than the scores reflect.

Aslan
09-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Good finish though and over 500. For some reason 500 is kinda that magic number for me where if I leave with a >500 I'm not too upset. Obviously, the last 2 months I've been VERY upset VERY often.

Amyers
09-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Good finish though and over 500. For some reason 500 is kinda that magic number for me where if I leave with a >500 I'm not too upset. Obviously, the last 2 months I've been VERY upset VERY often.

I know what your talking about. We all go through spells like that. I think the thing that frustrated me was I felt I threw it really well and didn't have the scores to go with it the first two games.

Aslan
09-14-2014, 01:12 AM
I know what your talking about. We all go through spells like that. I think the thing that frustrated me was I felt I threw it really well and didn't have the scores to go with it the first two games.

Pinpal or a similar app will help with that. Now I can look at the stats and know if I really threw it as well as the score dictates or if I threw it better than the score dictates.

Amyers
09-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Pinpal or a similar app will help with that. Now I can look at the stats and know if I really threw it as well as the score dictates or if I threw it better than the score dictates.

Yeah I've thought about that. Would love to have access to the numbers but I've been afraid it would pull my mind away from what I'm doing. Still thinking about it.

classygranny
09-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Yeah I've thought about that. Would love to have access to the numbers but I've been afraid it would pull my mind away from what I'm doing. Still thinking about it.

I keep mine on paper and then put into the program after bowling. It's quick and I don't have to really concentrate on what happened, I just mark my paper. That way I don't tend to "analyze" while I'm bowling, but I sure can Monday morning quarterback. But, I'm a bit old school and don't mind pen and paper...sometimes I doodle just to relax more.

Amyers
09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Sunday practice

Went with the wife and kids decided to practice with the even though I had league tonight. Wanted to work on throwing the asylum a little farther left with tighter lines. Lanes were perfect for this today.

Game 1- 152 played okay not so great on the spares was still struggling with either sending the ball out to wide too quickly or not getting enough angle on it.

Game 2- 174 spare shooting improved and I was getting the line I wanted dialed in better. Working on standing 25-30 throwing across 15 at the arrows but trying to keep the breakpoint at ten and no farther out.

Game 3- 196 got on a roll and was throwing really well had a couple of splits.

All in all good practice session also the pro shop guy told me at the last second on my release I'm losing the cup on my wrist which was slowing my ball speed Dow so I worked on that some too.

Amyers
09-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Sunday win lose or draw league

First night of this league we will be bowling in trios which is new.

Game 1- 251 I was on fire strikes right and left couldn't seem to miss spare shooting was even on.

Game 2- 137 how does that happen? I got behind on the transition and started splitting. Looking past I think I started trying too hard. Threw 4 splits three in a row. Missed spare not a good game. Even when I moved it still didn't seem to help.

Game 3- 222 made a big move about 5 with the feet and 3 at the arrows tightened up the lines like I had practiced earlier and got my mojo back. Bunch of strikes in a row this game would have been better but I whiffed a 7 pin in the tenth. Second 7 pin miss of the night ��.

All together 610 first league 600 since coming back but if I had dent screwed that second game up it could really have been something. Of course now I will have very little handicap next week so I had better stay on top my game or the fall is going to be rough.

Aslan
09-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Nice shooting! What I wouldn't give for a couple 220+ games right about now!

fortheloveofbowling
09-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Nice going amyers! Have confidence in your decisions about moving for a transition. If you move a little to quick and are coming up light it is still easier to pick up a 2-10 or a washout than going through the nose and leaving the big four. Keep up the good scoring.

Amyers
09-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Well the good bowling just kept coming tonight. I have been on a roll just hoping it doesn't come to a stop. I seem to have made a quantam leap in the last month. I'm not sure exactaly what it has been but most aspects of my game have really improved. I'm hoping all tis practice over the summer has started to payoff only time will tell.

Game 1- 193 This game should have been higher I missed three realtivley easy spares in this game it should have easily been 220-230 game. If I have a major flaw at the moment it's still my spare shooting.

Game 2- 205 This game was about as good as I can throw really not as many strikes as game 1 but was clean except for a greek church in the second frame where I got the ball just a little too far inside.

Game 3- 213 This game was another good one clean until the 10th when I left a 3-7 split that I missed due to a bad shot got the ball too far outside by a lot it came back and hit the pocket but was light and at a goofy angle and left the split. Really was one of only three bad first balls I threw all night (funny 3 months ago I wouldn't have counted any of these balls as bad since all three technically hit the pocket)

So 611 series for back to back 600 series'. My first league 600 followed by my second (since coming back to bowling). Lets hope we get number 3 on Sunday. I am where I wanted to be I actually beat my team mate who is one of the better bowlers in my house scratch last night (he didn't have a good night 602). That was my goal was to be competitive with those guys and I think I'm there now. The next step is going to be to improve my spare shooting and get to where I can beat them when they are having an average night. After that it's going to be to beat them when they are bowling well but that is going to take shooting in the 250+ range more than once in a great moon which will require a much higher strike rate. I am tying 4 and 5 in a row now the difference is when they get off it lasts a frame or two at the worst for me its often 1 strike the rest of the game after I hit one of those stretches I've got to figure that out but spare shooting first.

vdubtx
09-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Good shooting. Getting some good practice on spares will do wonders for your game and your confidence. Was in those same shoes several years ago and got good at spare shooting, amazing what an extra mark per game can do for you. :)

Amyers
09-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Sunday night Win, Lose, or Draw league.

Well I broke the sting of 600 series but I still threw the ball pretty well. scores were not real good for any one on my pair for the first two games so I didn't feel as bad.

Game 1- 181 I was throwing well on the left lane the right lane was a mess. Couldn't find a consistent line in practice and did get any better during the first 3/4 of the game. It was playing over under and the only other ball I have is euphoria which doesn't play well on the fresh. Towards the end of the game I moved inside the third arrow and if I kept it tight it hit pretty well.

Game 2- 192 started off with the first two strikes the left a pocket 7-10 on the right lane x then 10 pin which I missed then a 7 pin missedsome more strikes a 3-10 split that I completely missed finally picked up a 7 pin in the 10th for my only spare of the game. Pretty sad to throw 7 strikes in a game and end up sub 200

Game 3- 215 really rolled the ball well in this game strikes picked up 3spares got to the tenth and left a 4-7 that I cut the 7 pin off and left the 4 costing me my 600 series.

All together I'm not going to complain about a 588 series but I really do want to improve my spare shooting. I'm not sure if I'm really shooting a lower percentage or if im just leaving more makable ones and since there are fewer of them missing the is just more glaring. Maybe some of both. At the moment im having as much or more issues with left side spares as right which is even more frustrating.

Amyers
09-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Tuesday Practice

Decided to go throw some balls today. Working on getting out of the ball cleanly and just generally keeping everything in line. Got there late so there wasn't a chance for any practice shots.

Game 1- 235 Threw the first shot with the asylum but it was obvious not enough oil switched over to the euphoria. Good game lots of strikes.

Game 2- 205 Started off well but I lost my line in about the 5th frame and struggled to find it missed a spare but no complaints here on a two hundred game.

Game 3- 183 Still struggling was in the pocket but just a little high adjust a little light finally moved about five left with the feet and at the arrows and kept the ball in tight threw 5 strikes in a row. 2nd ball in the 10th after a strike (I needed to strike out for 200) just as I am releasing my wife yells my name out from the other side pulled it and ended with the 183. Sad thing was she couldn't figure out why I was pissed :mad:

All in all good session finished with a 613 best series with the euphoria. Seems like my ball speed and revs are up I'm mostly hitting what I am aiming at not a bad time to be me at the moment.

Shaneshu87
09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
good looking practice set, i have always seemed to perform at me best during practice lol shooting 6 300's in practice but not one in league yet, i guess it is the lack of pressure, i'm always the anchor man and have always felt that sense of pressure to be Mr. Clutch, but for some reason i have yet to lock in that 300 in league... one day.

Amyers
09-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Monday Win, Lose or Draw League

Started off okay was in the pocket all night long but didn't seem to have the carry that I have been getting the last couple of weeks.

Game 1- 193 Started off ok some strikes spare shooting was terrible as usual missed a 7 pin in the tenth or would have been over 200.

Game 2- 159 Only three strikes missed a bunch of easy spares

Game 3- 198 Shot pretty well in this one missed two easy spares but threw more strikes and did make a couple of spares also had 2 strikes in the 10th where I have been struggling.

550 Series I have had worse the extra ball speed I have had here lately was gone tonight. It's either in my release or my footwork I'm not sure which is messed up a little. I will throw some practice this week and try to find it. The extra speed really opens up the outside for me. Without it if I let the ball get outside of 10 at the break point it goes wild Brooklyn or worse with the extra speed I seem to be able to play anywhere on the right side of 15 with good results without it especially in games 2 and 3 my strike area gets small.

I talked with my pro shop guy about a spare ball I'm finally going to take the plunge. I know it won't fix all my spare problems but I'm hoping if I can take the guess work out of the line up it will help. I'm really not sure if my spare percentage is really that much worse or if it's just that there are fewer of them and more are makeable single pins now so missing them just feels worse.

Amyers
10-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Wednesday Practice

Decided to get some practice in as my last two league sessions weren't where I wanted to be. Started off the first three frames with the asylum but even though I could keep it in the pocket I was having to work too hard to do it so I changed to the Euphoria for the rest

Game 1- 159 first three frames were ok but not great 9/,x,9- when I switched to the euphoria the first shot seemed close but a little high left a split kept moving left and hitting high until the 8th where I finally got it back together and struck. I struck on 4 of the next five balls to salvage even the 159. I underestimated just how dry the outsides were and was way too slow in my adjustments in this game even though I was moving it wasn't with large enough adjustments

Game 2- 244 Threw the first 7 strikes in a row (new record for me) left a 10 pin in the 8th on a good shot missed spared, missed inside a few boards hit high and left a 4 pin spared (only really bad shot I threw this game), 10th frame I got the ball a little outside but it came roaring back for what appeared to be a good pocket hit but left a pocket 7-10 split to end the game :mad: . I seem to have that problem with the Euphoria sometimes usually on shots a little too far outside the ball comes back and hits but leaves the pocket 7-10 not sure what causes it maybe when it gets on the drier boards it burns up a little too much energy and doesn't have what it needs to kick this out.

I felt better after this last game. On Sunday league my knee was bothering me (right) and effecting my push off which I thought was lowering the ball speed. Sunday the knee was fine but still had the lower speed. It seems like if I have it it's there for the set. It's not changing from ball to ball but I either have it or don't. I'm not sure what I'm doing that is causing my ball speed to go up and down but the difference is dramatic. When I'm throwing the lower speed I seem to be 150-190 range with the higher speed its more like 190-240 range which is a h*** of a difference

Amyers
10-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Sunday Practice

Went with the wife and kids to practice a few games before leagues and to work with the new spare ball some. Started off with the asylum it was a little dry for it but I used it anyway as I wanted to work on the pare shooting anyway. It was at the point that I could still keep it in the pocket just not hitting with as much energy as usual.

Game 1- 183 was leaving lots of 10 pins and this is what I wanted to work on anyway I converted every one the only miss was a 6-10 that I chopped the 6 pin off of.

Game 2- 188 basically same as above

Good practice session all together I could have switched to the Euphoria and shot higher scores but I wanted to work on my spares.

Amyers
10-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Sunday Night Win Lose or Draw League

Started off with the asylum. It was a strange night I never really felt comfortable on the lanes all night long. I think I was having some issues with the release I was getting some balls to far right and then on the ones I had a tighter line on the just were not coming back like mine usually do.

Game 1- 209 started off pretty hot threw three out of the first 4 for strikes but then started missing just a little right but the spare ball saved the day in this game I was clean through out. Before the spare ball this game would have been a 160

Game 2- 160 The wheels came off in this game as I knew from the first it was going too. Tried making some adjustments that just didn't work. I really think it was more me than where I was throwing the ball. I made all of my single pins except a 10 pin that I just screwed up unfortunately I left quite a few multi-pin spares in in this game that the spare ball couldn't save me on.

Game 3- 206 Decided to go back to what I was doing aim wise in the first game and while still wasn't throwing it great I was getting a few strikes and more makeable spares. I was clean in this game except for a 2-8 that I was a few inches to far to the left of so chopped off the 2.

All in all very happy with the spare ball my strike percentage was crap and I really didn't throw it particularly well tonight. Can't wait for a good game with having this and making my spare too should be fun. I went 2-4 tonight as I was up against some really top notch bowlers but I can live with these results.

Aslan
10-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I'd take a couple 200 games. Haven't managed THAT feat since.....well....IF I ever did it...it was Fall/Winter last year before I got my PinPal app for my phone...because I show no record of it (on a league night or tournament). Closest I came was a 197-165-209-149 back on 7/20/14 bowling on the PBA Shark.

I guess I could 'cheat' and say that was technically 2-200-games using the USBC sport adjustment chart it was a 213-189-219-173.

My high series in my signature was during open bowling (non-sanctioned) when I rolled a 184-242-254. The high game (signature) 256 was during league (sanctioned). But I think my high 'sanctioned' series is only 575.

Keep it up man!! If only we could get rid of that ONE GAME CURSE....where both you and I seem to have at least ONE game that is garbage...the sky is the limit!!!

Amyers
10-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah I'm not sure what is up with the one game thing I have been more consistent and do have two 600 series so far this year but it seems anytime I have really good game 220+ I have a terrible one later in the series. Sunday wasn't really like that both 200 games were a few strikes and just making my spares got me the 200's I can't really say other than the first few balls of the first game that I felt like I was in a good place. I'm looking forward to having a good game with good spare shooting along with it. I had reached a place that I had very little confidence in my spare game at all. I have had multiple games already this season with 5 or more strikes that I bowled below 200 do to poor spare shooting.

Amyers
10-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Friday Night League

Game 1- 183 started off well but ended up with a few splits maybe a little late with the adjustment.

Game 2- 192 I really didn't bowl particulary well this game but I made my spares.

Game 3- 159 I'm not sure what happened here. I couldn't strike couldn't get a spare tried moving around nothing worked.

Well I didn't bowl really well tonigh 534 worst series and worst game I've had in a while. Just one of those nights I didn't throw the ball well.

Amyers
10-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Sunday Practice

Well with the way Friday went I decided to get a few games in before league. Went to my home lanes but found out they were having a scratch tourney so I went to another local center that tends to have a heavier pattern out.

Game 1- 172 strike ball was no struggled with spares just could seem to release the spare ball the way I wanted too.

Game 2- 175 basically same as above tried a few adjustments but nothing really clicked

Game 3- 192 finally started hitting the spares again just not as many sparkles this game.

Well 539 series the ball was starting to feel better coming off my hand towards the end at least.

Amyers
10-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Sunday night Win, Lose, or Draw league

Game 1- 254 the strike ball was back had the first seven in a row again twice I have done that lately.

Game 2- 177 felt like I was still bowling well but seemed like if I was even slightly off it went very bad. Spare shooting was ok.

Game 3- 187 threw it well two bad shots really cost me this game

Altogether I would really like to get all three games at a high level but I'll take what I can get. Spare shooting was better tonight especially 10 pins didn't miss any of those. 618 series its games like that first one that make me believe I do have a chance of getting that 300 some day.

Aslan
10-12-2014, 09:40 PM
618 series its games like that first one that make me believe I do have a chance of getting that 300 some day.

Yup. I feel ya man. There have been many a week where I've felt like giving up this bowling obsession…then I'll either throw a few 200+ games or I'll win a bracket/sidepot in the sport league, or just some guy watching me and saying, "hey, I was watching you and you're really good." Then I'm back in the game for a bit.

jnv32185
10-13-2014, 12:11 AM
very nice first game! Second and third not to shabby either.

bubba809
10-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Yup. I feel ya man. There have been many a week where I've felt like giving up this bowling obsession…then I'll either throw a few 200+ games or I'll win a bracket/sidepot in the sport league, or just some guy watching me and saying, "hey, I was watching you and you're really good." Then I'm back in the game for a bit.

Wow...words I never thought I'd hear for $200 Alex....

Aslan
10-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Wow...words I never thought I'd hear for $200 Alex....

I've never claimed to be "patient". And if I can't reach a high level bowling, I see no reason doing it. I'm not planning on bowling the National Tour or anything...but if 10 years from now I'm still alive and not at a US Open/Local Tournament level of skillset...then whats the point? To go out and roll 145 games and have casual bowlers tell you you're good? To bowl a 158 average waiting for lightening in a bottle that will allow you to roll a 238 game? Hoping to go to sweeps and get blind paired with someone that has a good night? I've never understood the 120-130 average guys that keep coming back season after season. Bowling is fun, I get that. But bowling miserably is NOT fun. If I wanted to do something miserably I'd go golfing so at least I'm getting some exercise and fresh air.

bubba809
10-14-2014, 01:12 PM
I've never claimed to be "patient". And if I can't reach a high level bowling, I see no reason doing it. I'm not planning on bowling the National Tour or anything...but if 10 years from now I'm still alive and not at a US Open/Local Tournament level of skillset...then whats the point? To go out and roll 145 games and have casual bowlers tell you you're good? To bowl a 158 average waiting for lightening in a bottle that will allow you to roll a 238 game? Hoping to go to sweeps and get blind paired with someone that has a good night? I've never understood the 120-130 average guys that keep coming back season after season. Bowling is fun, I get that. But bowling miserably is NOT fun. If I wanted to do something miserably I'd go golfing so at least I'm getting some exercise and fresh air.

I was referring to the dedication and time you spend to improve your game and posting all your statistics. I don't think I've ever seen someone spend so much time and effort to get better at bowling. In five years from now you might be a averaging in the high 190's. I personally think you should buy 16 more balls and throw a different one each frame.

Aslan
10-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Well Bubba...you keep coming to the website and once Fall/Winter season ends in March...if Aslan is still bowling like a 1-armed dyslexic 8th grader...KRAZY DOLLAR DAYS!

Thats right...11 new, undrilled, original packaging bowling balls...some 15lbs, some 16lbs...I'd probably sell each one for $75 shipped to your door.

Thats a good deal. My loss is your gain!

Might be only 10. I forget if I have two Track balls or just one.

And SELECTION you ask!?? Well, I got something for everyone!!

- 1 900Global
- 2 Ebonites
- 1 or 2 Tracks
- 2 Rotogrips
- 2 Brunswicks
- 1 Columbia
- 1 Reaxx

No Storms, DV8s, Motivs, or Hammers. Sorry. I had my eye on a Motiv I really wanted...but I didn't pull the trigger in time.

bubba809
10-14-2014, 02:02 PM
I don't want your balls Aslan.

Aslan
10-14-2014, 02:10 PM
I don't want your balls Aslan.

Words I never thought I'd hear for $400...

bubba809
10-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Keep up the great bowling!!

Amyers
10-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Thursday Practice

Game 1- 149 I threw the asylum in this game even though I knew there was not enough oil for it and paid the price for it.

Game 2- 156 Switched to the Euphoria still having to play much deeper lines that I'm not comfortable with to even try to keep the ball in the pocket.

Game 3- 196 Switched to the plastic Spare ball first game I have bowled with plastic in a long time

All in all a waste of my time the lanes were too burnt up to really do much beyond practicing my spare shooting

Amyers
10-21-2014, 10:39 AM

This is my 4 person mixed league which I had high hopes for but has been a bust so far we are in last place and not really competitive most of the other teams have a least 3 people who can go 200+ we have one guy who is a serious 200+, me who is 180-200, and two women who are 100-120 average. I don't know maybe the handicap will balance this out as we continue through the season but at this point I think we are just going to get our heads handed to us.

Game 1 168- Didn't feel well and couldn't seem to get a line on the right lane at all carry was non existent for everyone and scores were low all around. I struggled with my release and getting a consistent reaction from my ball.

Game 2 161- Same as above spare shooting was okay but poor performance on the first ball was leaving some spares that were difficult.

Game 3 165- Basically the same as the first 2 games

I had the surface touched up on the asylum right before league which in retrospect may have been a mistake my ball was jumpy and I never found a line I was happy with especially on the right lane all night lowest series I have had in a while. Sucks was hoping not to have a below 500 series this season that goal is not done.

Amyers
10-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Sunday Win, Lose, or Draw League.

I am doing well in this league currently ranked #6 out of 24. 195 Average in this league which is 10 pins higher than my Friday night league.

Game 1 183- Bowled pretty well would have been higher but I left three splits in this game and missed two left side spares which I am still struggling with.

Game 2 201- Less splits and better spare percentage in this game still missed a 7 pin spare though or would have been better

Game 3 200- About the same as the other games still missed a 4-7 in this game or again would have been better

I had thought about not coming as I had a cold and after my poor performance on Friday but decided to tough it out and was glad I did. Won 5 out of 6 points for the night lost one game by 4 pins :mad:. I made an adjustment left with my feet and target and it seemed to help. Not sure why it worked but it did the oil seemed to be heavier on the outside of the lanes tonight than usual maybe its the cooler temps will see if it holds up.

Aslan
10-21-2014, 05:31 PM
maybe its the cooler temps will see if it holds up.

Good scores.

Yeah, I enver thought temperature would affect things much but this past season, with California weather, noticed that the lanes closer to the door...the ball hooked NOTICEABLY more than the lanes in the interior. I'd bowl one league on the inside lanes and keep going right, right, right...then the same ball on the same line the next night....on the lanes closer to the door and I'd be hitting Brooklyn over and over.

bubba809
10-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Haven't heard your scores lately Amyers. Just curious if you were still hitting them good and how that 195 Avg was holding up.

Amyers
10-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Haven't heard your scores lately Amyers. Just curious if you were still hitting them good and how that 195 Avg was holding up.

Thanks for asking. I have been ill the last week or so and have not been posting as much or bowling as well mostly. I will post them now.

Amyers
10-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Friday night mixed League 10/24/14

Was still feeling poorly and didn't bowl very well. Everyone seemed to be struggling on our pair also most everyone was about 30 pins below average. I had the same problems I had the week before with my release being inconsistent. I was hitting my marks but Just didn't really know where the ball was going to end up. Spare shooting was good on right side spares terrible on left side stuff.

165-160-162 = 487 Series back to back sub 500 series isn't going to get it.

With my nature to be inconsistent with spares I have to strike and it makes it hard when you just can't trust where the ball is going to end up. I'm not so bad that I'm completely missing the pocket but one time its high leave a split next time its light next time it's in there but get a 9 I'm not sure what is going on. Average was 187 in this league

Amyers
10-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Sunday night Win, Lose, or Draw League

The illness continues I had felt some better but this is a fast paced league only 4 bowlers to a set of lanes and we had a blind so actually only three on this night. The fast pace with my coughing and not feeling well was not a good combination.

Game 1- 148 made a poor call on where to start which is something I'm struggling with. Fine in practice first shot is high for a split and it took me 5 frames to get lined back out. Then the spare shooting was poor.

Game 2- 206 Was a clean game made all of my spares only had two strikes this game. If this had been no tap would have been a 300.

Game 3- 130 The wheels just fell off with the illness and the inability to strike my spare game just up and left. One strike the all the rest were 9 counts except one frame. 10 pins, 7 pins and a few 8 pins mixed in. I have no idea what was going on with my leaves. I don't know if it was being sick and the fast pace or if I just got frustrated with my inability to strike.

Worst set I have bowled in a long time just simply embarrassing. My release was fine tonight just couldn't strike and the spare shooting other than the second game was a joke. It's nights like this that make you wonder if you know what your doing or not. My average was at 196 in this league and I had moved up to 4th place. Only went 2-4 tonight and I'm sure with these scores the average will take a hit.

Amyers
10-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Tuesday Practice

After the abysmal failure that last week was I decided to try and get more practice in this week so I'm trying to throw on Tuesday and hopefully again on Thursday this week.

Game 1- 228 This is the best I have felt throwing the ball in a while started off with a turkey then left a few 10 pins which I picked up the lanes were a little dry so I made a move a little farther inside with the asylum and finished out with the last 4 strikes

Game 2- 183 Started off well went high for a split in the 8th should have changed balls but finished it out still throwing it well

Game 3- 204 Changed to the euphoria this game should have been better was clean through the 10th bet let one get away from me and left a 4-6 split

Was glad to finally bowl better ball looked good and I felt good throwing it hopefully this will carry over to Friday night and I can get that league back on track.

bubba809
10-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Ya, bowling sick is no fun. I got something going on over the past few days and bowl tonight. I will take my medicine (beer) and see if that helps.

Good comeback and feeling good while bowling is very important.

Aslan
10-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Practice looked solid though.

Konvict1982
10-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Nice looking practice keep it up in league!

fortheloveofbowling
11-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Nice games in practice man. I have seen your videos and you throw the ball more than good enough to average that set. Positive outlook and paying attention to the small things during your set is the key for those extra pins. At a certain level the mental game becomes a lot more important. Good luck next league night!

bubba809
11-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Not posting scores much lately, huh Amyers? Hope you are feeling better.

Aslan
11-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Not posting scores much lately, huh Amyers? Hope you are feeling better.

The rumor I'm starting is that he quit bowling and took up curling.

Amyers
11-17-2014, 10:10 AM
The rumor I'm starting is that he quit bowling and took up curling.

Well I can't say I've ever actually seen curling to know if I would be good at it or not but at least it is in the Olympics. I decided to take some time off from bowling for a week and stay off of here a little bit I think I was getting in my head too much. I know your familiar with that problem. every now and then you need to take a step back and remember its about throwing the damn ball. I'll post some scores in a bit.

bubba809
11-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Well I can't say I've ever actually seen curling to know if I would be good at it or not but at least it is in the Olympics. I decided to take some time off from bowling for a week and stay off of here a little bit I think I was getting in my head too much. I know your familiar with that problem. every now and then you need to take a step back and remember its about throwing the damn ball. I'll post some scores in a bit.

Excellent point Amyers! People who live and breathe this site and calculating every nuance of their bowling, are usually the ones whom struggle the most.

Taking a break is a GOOD thing and eager to hear how you do when ready.

Amyers
11-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Friday Night Mixed League 11/14/14

Well after taking some time off to clear the head and get a little needed rest between the cold I had and work I think I was just exhausted it was time to get back to bowling. My team had an interesting night we were matched up against the #1 team in our league who also has the highest team average on our league.

Game 1- 198 This was actually a really good game could have been much higher had a pocket 7-10 and one bad shot that went high for a 6-7-10 split or it would have been lights out. My team crushed them.

Game 2- 249 Just shot really well this game lots of strikes and made my spares just one of those games that the ball reaction was just perfect. My wife who is bowling left handed this season due to injury on my team shot a 238 (average around 108) For a 337 handicap game highest I've ever seen. Needless to say we destroyed them

Game 3- 177 It was evident at the end of game 2 that my line was gone so I switched to the Euphoria. I had a power guy throwing inside of me but at my breakpoint and another guy throwing on my line which is unusual for me. I'm usually inside of the outside guys but not as much in the puddle as the power guys. I had a hard time I think I need to change the surface on my Euphoria back to the OOB I took it down to 2000 before I got the asylum and haven't ever switched it back and they are just too close right now. I had to move way inside and when I play that far inside with the Euphoria its 7 or 10 pin city for me. Shot my spares well and salvaged a decent game out of it though.

624 Series and we won all four points and beat them by over 300 pins. I was pretty happy with the way I bowled I just wish I had more answers for that third game. I knew I needed to do something but I just never found anything that worked.

bubba809
11-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Wow excellent bowling! Your wife's lefty game/handicap is just crazy.

Amyers
11-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Wow excellent bowling! Your wife's lefty game/handicap is just crazy.

Yeah she's only been bowling for about a year and was up to about a 140 average righty and came down with a serious case of carpel tunnel so she has switched to lefty been bowling that way for about 3 months. she started off with an old plastic drilled conventional righty. I bought her a used Seismic Euphoric and had it drilled conventional lefty for her about a month ago and she has been doing better about 120 average but nothing like that 237 she had 7 strikes in a row at one point

vdubtx
11-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Wow 337 handicap game is awesome regardless of how it came about. :cool:

bubba809
11-17-2014, 02:06 PM
I have serious carpel tunnel in my right hand and bowl righty. I'm trying to put off surgery until after bowling season (sad huh?).

I would rather bowl with my right hand though than even try left handed.

Boy, I wonder how I would do after surgery??

Amyers
11-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Sunday night Win, Lose or Draw League 11/16/14

I had been ranked in 4th in this league but I have fallen back to the middle of the pack over the last three weeks due to poor bowling and not drawing good teammates. Hoping for a comeback tonight.

Game 1- 217 would have been clean except for a missed 10 pin in the 7th ball was looking really good coming off my hand

Game 2- 226 Continued to throw well was a missed 7 pin in the 9th from a clean game

Game 3- 203 This game should have been higher had a pocket 7-10 and anther missed 10 pin :mad:

646 Series threw the ball great all night maybe the best my strike ball has ever looked going down the lane. Seems as if I got my mojo back a little can't say I have been bowling terrible the last few weeks or anything but the ball just hasn't looked right before this week for a couple of weeks its nice to be back. Had not of been for that pocket 7-10 and the 3 missed spares I could have been at 700 tonight.

mc_runner
11-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Nice bowling Amyers! Sounds like the week off really helped. Way to come back!

I have serious carpel tunnel in my right hand and bowl righty. I'm trying to put off surgery until after bowling season (sad huh?).

I would rather bowl with my right hand though than even try left handed.

Boy, I wonder how I would do after surgery??

My right wrist started bothering me over the summer, it's pretty early on but if you want to try something simple just switch the mouse on your computer to your left hand. It takes some getting used to but it took about 90% of the stress off my right hand/wrist/arm and it feels fresh and strong for bowling :P Figure it might be worth a shot.

Konvict1982
11-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Sunday night Win, Lose or Draw League 11/16/14

I had been ranked in 4th in this league but I have fallen back to the middle of the pack over the last three weeks due to poor bowling and not drawing good teammates. Hoping for a comeback tonight.

Game 1- 217 would have been clean except for a missed 10 pin in the 7th ball was looking really good coming off my hand

Game 2- 226 Continued to throw well was a missed 7 pin in the 9th from a clean game

Game 3- 203 This game should have been higher had a pocket 7-10 and anther missed 10 pin :mad:

646 Series threw the ball great all night maybe the best my strike ball has ever looked going down the lane. Seems as if I got my mojo back a little can't say I have been bowling terrible the last few weeks or anything but the ball just hasn't looked right before this week for a couple of weeks its nice to be back. Had not of been for that pocket 7-10 and the 3 missed spares I could have been at 700 tonight.

Awesome bowling man!

Aslan
11-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Awesome bowling man!

Agreed. Finally I can be proud of Amyers. And really, isn't my adoration and respect what everyone ultimately is after??

Amyers
11-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Sunday Practice 11/23/14

Well with everything going on at my home alley we didn't bowl Friday night so decided to go throw a few games at another house. Venture Lanes bigger house than my normal one a little heavier oil pattern from what I have seen the oil seems to be applied farther out seem like there is still some oil all the way out to 5 where on my normal lanes the oil seems to stop or severely taper off outside of 10.

Game 1- 168 started off cold took a few shots to find my line and warm the shoulder up. seemed to have a good roll to the ball just not a lot of strikes.

Game 2- 189 found a line couldn't link and strike together but the spare shoot was good

Game 3- 208 Moved a little farther right with my feet and target seemed to get a little better results 4 strikes and 1 split in this one.

I have bowled here before but not much but I need new places for leagues starting this summer so going to have to explore. Lanes were nice food bar sucks here. I have decided to enter my first tournament here. They are having a Christmas doubles tournament December 7th that I will be entering with my wife. It is Handicap so I guess we have a shot but for my first tournament I expect to mainly be a contributor.

Amyers
11-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Sunday Win, Lose, or Draw League 11/23/14

They decided we were bowling six games tonight because they are going to be closed next week due to a traveling league coming in. Have to say I was a little worried about it after already having bowled three practice games earlier.

Game 1- 191 Tonight was one of those rare night where I was playing farther right standing about 25 (I drift about 3 boards right) targeting about 11 at the arrows. I felt like I was throwing well but the carry just wasn't there two strikes this game left 8 pins, 9 pins, and 10 pins. At least the spare shooting was good.

Game 2- 180 Really same as above did have a split this game still no carry at all

Game 3- 189 Did have 4 strikes and 1 split again this game. also missed a spare all the strikes were singles makes it hard to shoot a good score if your not stringing strikes and have two opens

Together a 560 series feels bad to shoot 560 on a night where you felt like you were throwing the ball well and making your spares I was in the pocket consistently all night just couldn't seem to carry or string anything together. Basically had the same problem in practice earlier today not sure why if anything I thought my ball looked better than normal tonight.

Amyers
11-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Sunday Win, Lose, or Draw League Shot 11/23/14 for the week of 11/30/14

Second set moved lanes to a set three down from the ones I had been bowling on. I hate moving because you don't know what someone has been throwing so it makes judging the transition difficult.

Game 1- 223 Well I was finally able to string a few strikes together and was making my spares and had a good game

Game 2- 248 Well I spared the first shot then pulled one high leaving the 3-7 which I picked up struck out with 8 strikes in a row from the 5th frame on for a nice game

Game 3- 172 I managed the transition poorly in this game on the right lane. I tried making a couple of moves but I was hitting high I tried moving farther inside twice that game to no avail. I believe who ever had been bowling on the set earlier must have burnt up my normal inside line. One of the few nights I wished I had a stronger ball in the bag. I actually had more room inside I could have used but I couldn't get the asylum to come back on this night.

I refuse to complain about a 643 series but I thought I had a solid shot at a 700 series after the first two games especially the way I ended the second game. I don't have anyone to blame but myself but I was just completely lost in the third game on the right lane.

Aslan
11-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Good job!

I know what you mean with moving inside. I've struggled in my 3rd game lately as well...and like you I keep moving in and moving in and eventually the ball just doesn't "snap" back. Then you move right...and you're back to missing left.

One thing to try is to change your type of movement left. Instead of 3 with your feet and 1 with your eyes...try 2 with your feet and 1 with your eyes...or 1 and 1. Or maybe even 4 with your feet and 5 with your eyes. I used to have a 3 and 1 system where I'd move 3 left, then move my feet right 1 and my target left 1. Then I'd repeat...moving 3 left, then moving my feet 1 right and my target 1 left. But once I did that twice...and moved my feet 3 more left...my angle was usually just too severe and I had to start over and ball down.

And as I've taken a look at some Asylum ball movement, pre-pre-pre-pre-preparing for my arsenal change next year...I just don't think that ball has a ton of snap to it. I think it might roll earlier than my Lethal Revolver due to it's cover...but it is a very low flare kinda ball; smooth motion into the pocket. I think it would make a nice ball down option to something stronger like a big assymetric core, solid cover ball. But I don't think it's a ball where you can move too much inside with a sub 315 rev rate.

One thing to "try"...and you may have already done this...is try to figure out which of the balls (Euphoria and Asylum) start to hook SOONER. Not MORE...just sooner. Then figure out the line you like to play and throw the ball that hooks the soonest FIRST. Once it moves a little too much...make a 1 to 1 move left. If it starts to move too much AGAIN...go back to your starting point and go to the other ball. Just a suggestion, something to try in practice to see if it works.

I used to play my arsenal based on how much each ball hooked...but didn't care "when". Lately I've switched to a system where you start with the one that hooks SOONest and then work down to the one that hooks the LATEst. Not sure if I like it better or if it works better...still having some kinks in the new system I need to work out...but it'd be interesting to see if it works better for you (unless you're already doing it that way).

But regardless, looks like you're a good 3rd game from entering the Amateur Tournament scene!

Amyers
11-25-2014, 12:33 PM
The Asylum is a little earlier than the Euphoria. I really need to change the cover back to more polished on the Euphoria they are to close together right now. The Euphoria was at 1500 polished but before I got the Asylum it was hooking too late to start on the fresh so I changed it too 2000. Now with the Asylum in the bag they are to close together But it will cost me $25 to $30 to resurface it back to polished and I've been thinking about picking something out new so I hate to invest more money in a ball that is a third drill ball that I basically just bought to try a "reactive ball". I also seem to leave a lot of 7 and 10 pins with the euphoria so it tends to stay in the bag on league nights more often than not.

Most nights I don't have this issue tonight was one of those rare nights where I was farther right than normal that I have every now and then so having more room to move significantly left is a luxury I usually don't have. Usually when I move left I move about two boards with my target and about three with the feet I have tried the 3 and 1 and I just usually don't see much difference. The reaction is not snappy with the Asylum I would call it a hard arc. The closest thing I can think of is the Rotogrip Hyper Cell similar movements.

When I made my adjustments moving farther left the ball was still finishing high so I made another still high and finally after the third adjustment it just didn't have enough to get back to the pocket. I would say the guys on that lane before me had burnt up the area between 12-15 So when I adjusted in to that area it wasn't really helping I think if I could have moved on out past 16 or if I had a strong pearl that went longer I might have been able to play that area but playing much inside of 15 isn't my strong suit

Amyers
12-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Thursday Practice Galaxy Lanes

Well I'm not bother with posting the scores we were on an end set in an old wood house. I'm pretty sure these lanes had not seen in in at least a week probably longer. We bowled three games I had to use the plastic ball for all three to keep it on the lanes basically a waste of time. the scores were between 160-190 for all three

Aslan
12-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Thursday Practice Galaxy Lanes

Well I'm not bother with posting the scores we were on an end set in an old wood house. I'm pretty sure these lanes had not seen in in at least a week probably longer. We bowled three games I had to use the plastic ball for all three to keep it on the lanes basically a waste of time. the scores were between 160-190 for all three

Welcome to Thanksgiving weekend. They probably oiled them Wednesday morning and that was it for the weekend. I ran into that problem a couple times at a local AMF center. They FLOOD the lanes for league play...but when they have a chance to NOT oil...like on holidays when the leagues aren't playing...BONE dry. Like bowling on plywood. My Slingshot went up the 8-board and hooked into the left gutter about 15-20 feet in front of the pin deck.

Amyers
12-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Friday Night Mixed League 12/5/14

Well it was nice to finally be back to bowling our leagues have been off due to talk of the lanes closing and special events so it was good to be back.

Game 1- 189 Threw the ball well had a couple of splits the derailed this game

Game 2- 256 Had a nice string of strikes and made my spares for once

Game 3- 212 Couldn't really string the strikes but was making spares and getting some strikes

657 Series can't complain about that spare shooting was good feel good going in to the tournament on Sunday

fortheloveofbowling
12-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Nice bowling man! Good luck at your tournament!

Aslan
12-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Somebody ate his spinach!

circlecity
12-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Friday Night Mixed League 12/5/14

Well it was nice to finally be back to bowling our leagues have been off due to talk of the lanes closing and special events so it was good to be back.

Game 1- 189 Threw the ball well had a couple of splits the derailed this game

Game 2- 256 Had a nice string of strikes and made my spares for once

Game 3- 212 Couldn't really string the strikes but was making spares and getting some strikes

657 Series can't complain about that spare shooting was good feel good going in to the tournament on Sunday

Nice shooting! What is your average in this league?

Amyers
12-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Kind of weird I'm at 179 in the Friday night league and 194 in my Sunday night league both in the same house.

Amyers
12-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Friday Night Mixed League 12/12/14

Well we are in 3rd place in this league and we were bowling the first place team which I had been looking forward too for the last two weeks as my team has been bowling much better moving from last to third over the last month and a half. Unfortunately our anchor had a seizure on Monday night we weren't sure how he was going to bowl.

Game 1- 169 I bowled better than the score indicated I had 2 bad balls that I got just a little high for big splits and a pocket 7-10 in this game but I was throwing the ball pretty well I though. Our anchor only managed a 175 (211 average) so we aren't going to win much if we both bowl like this. lost this point

Game 2- 236 Came back made a small adjustment and had a 6 bagger going lining them up and nocking them down. Our Anchor threw 220 this one hoping he's back into form. Won this point

Game 3- 224 Continued to throw the ball well moved a little farther to the left and just kept knocking the pins down was also clean this game. Unfortunately our anchor was back at 176 again just didn't have it amazing he is bowling as well as he is but it's not going to get us a win. We lost this point

Well coming in with a 629 series after a bad start I wont complain unfortunately we lost 3 out of 4 the series buy 11 pins :mad: which sucks. Hopefully we will get another crack at them before the half way point. I wish the first game would have been better but just some bad luck.

Amyers
12-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Sunday Night Win, Lose, Or Draw League 12/14/14

Well I have slipped down to the middle of the pack in this league. I think I'm in kind of a rough spot my average has been 195-200 all season in this league which means I'm not quite good enough to regularly shoot in the 230 to allow me to beat up on the handicap guys but I don't get a whole lot of help against the way high average guys either. May just be in my head but It seems to be more difficult than it was when I averaged 170.

Game 1- 184 looked great in practice but really struggled once the game started was able to make an adjustment on the left lane to get myself back on but couldn't seem to find anything on the right lane. Spare shooting was ok which saved my bacon a little. Won one point in this one.

Game 2- 205 Made another adjustment on the right lane and got a couple of strikes but still wasn't looking right on that lane but at least salvaged a decent score and one two points in this one.

Game 3- 190 was clean but still struggled on that right lane into the 8th frame finally made a big move right with my target and feet and had a better look finished with the last 3 out of 4 strikes on that lane. I think I made a poor adjustment to start on that lane and just kept compounding it as the night went on. Won one point in this one

Finished with a 579 seems strange a couple of months ago I would have been happy with that series but that's not going to cut it in this league especially when I'm matched up against a 230 average bowler. I am happy at least I got 4 out of 6 points tonight and even though I struggled I still put a decent series in the books with spare shooting I only missed one makeable spare tonight.

Amyers
01-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Well update a few scores here I haven't been on much due to being out of town for the holidays but I did get a few sets in over the last couple weeks

1/3/13 for Friday league 182-189-149=520 First set in about two weeks and it showed was never really comfortable just managed to make my spares the first two games last game everything just stank.

1/4/13 for Sunday Win, Lose, or Draw league

198-169-200= 567

Game 1-Had a decent look the first game but I missed two easy spares so settled for a sub 200 game should have been better

Game 2- Couldn't buy a strike was in the pocket mostly just couldn't seem to get anything made most of my spares but had tow washouts on shots that just didn't seem to have any hook to them at least the pare shooting was ok

Game 3- descent game shot spares well just didn't really string anything together

I don't know I'm feeling a little frustrated now with my bowling. I'm shooting my spares better than ever my scoring has improved but I'm struggling in my Sunday night league my average is 193 in it and I seem to be the odd man out there are about 25 bowlers on that one there are 6 guys 210 plus then me at 193 everyone else is 120-160 average. I'm bowling my average most nights but I don't seem to be getting enough of those 220-240 games and when I shoot my average I seem to get crushed by one of the high guys having an average night or one of the low guys having a good night. Just feel like I'm in no mans land at the moment. It hasn't helped that my release has been inconsistent here lately also I'm not used to letting the ball go and having to wonder if its going to come back. Hopefully I'll get some time for some practice this week. I have a youth/adult Tournament coming up on the 18th with my daughters and I don't want to let them down.

Aslan
01-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Finished with a 579 seems strange a couple of months ago I would have been happy with that series but...

See...I get ya man. Thats the ONE downside (besides loss of handicap) of getting better. My first night bowling in a sanctioned league I shot a 181-183-181 for a 545. It was such a big accomplishment that I was on clound 9!! I thought I'd probably never bowl that well again. The only downsides were:

1) Missed a triplicate series by 2 dang pins.
2) Set my average in the 180s which led to 6-7 weeks of dragging my team down as the ship righted itself.

But then the following season...Thursday night league....I was completely disappointed with every series < 550. And fast forward to now....any game less than 190...any make-able spare that I miss...and it's a huge disappointment. I could bowl a 188-189-188 NOW for a 565 and I'd leave the alley pissed and disappointed and kicking myself for the two frames per game that I left open.

I'm just not patient by nature. So as my skills have improved...and they have...and my scores have improved...and they have...my expectations have soared even higher. I say my goal is >524 series with 3 clean games...but I know that I'm lieing to myself..because anything less than a 570 and I'm gonna be kicking myself.

...that leads me to a topic I'll post elsewhere (rather than hijack)...

Amyers
01-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Friday Night Mixed League 1/9/15

We are currently third in this league bowling the fourth placed team. I set my new high series on this night had a good night on the lanes and my team won all four points!!!

Game 1- 220 was throwing a lot of strikes one bad shot gave me a split that I didn't convert other than that was clean this game.

Game 2- 220 I actually bowled even better in this game I broke a string in what would have been 8 in a row but I left a 7-10 split on what looked like a perfect pocket hit. Usually when I have a pocket 7-10 it's on a ball I got too far outside not this one not sure what happened maybe a bad rack or there was a back row pin missing that I didn't see. Also missed a 10 pin this game. I did make a 3 and 2 adjustment to the left in the 5th frame that worked

Game 3- 246 Made another 3 and 2 adjustment in the third after two shots went high and was right back on. Threw 6 strikes in a row and was clean after the second frame.

Ended up with a 686 for my new highest series was upset with myself and very happy both. It stunk that none of these games was clean and I missed my first 700 by only 14 pins but Was really happy to put three top notch games together usually I blow up in at least one game. I made a small change lowering my ball position and moving my elbow back down a little and trying to go with more of a hinge technique that I have been working on in practice it seems to be working. I've lost a little ball speed with it and lost a little of either revs or tilt or something because the ball hooks a little less but it has increased my accuracy and decreased my loft which seems to have improved my consistency. Hope I can keep it up. Also helped tonight I should have made my adjustments a little earlier but when I made them they did work.

bubba809
01-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Wow great bowling Amyers!! Sounds like you've really been doing a lot better this year and the last few months!

Keep us posted how you continue to roll.

EXCELLENT!

fortheloveofbowling
01-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Nice shootin man!

mc_runner
01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Nice series! Curse those pocket 7-10s :)

Aslan
01-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Looks like you were dialed in that night.

vdubtx
01-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Nice shooting Amyers! Keep at it!

Amyers
01-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Thanks everyone it was a good night and yes that pocket 7-10 is still pissing me off

Blacksox1
01-12-2015, 05:09 PM
3 steady games and a 686, well done Amyers. I like that you are doing the 3/2 move. Unless I read something else, I am thinking you rolled the Asylum.

Amyers
01-12-2015, 06:44 PM
3 steady games and a 686, well done Amyers. I like that you are doing the 3/2 move. Unless I read something else, I am thinking you rolled the Asylum.

Yes was the Asylum.

Amyers
01-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Sunday Win, Lose, or Draw League 1/11/15

Struggling in this league somewhat my average is higher in this (193) than my other one and I feel kind of caught in the middle between the lots of handicap people and the high level bowlers. Currently 10th out of 29.

Game 1- 246 Started off hot and just kept it going clean game

Game 2- 205 Started off well I felt like my line was leaving and I made a 3/2 adjustment left but started hitting weak.

Game 3- 159 The wheels fell off I couldn't seem to find a line that was working for me seemed over under and then I started missing spares.

I took three out of 6 points tonight which was better than have the last few weeks in this league ended up with a 610 but felt bad about the way I finished.

fortheloveofbowling
01-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Sunday Win, Lose, or Draw League 1/11/15

Struggling in this league somewhat my average is higher in this (193) than my other one and I feel kind of caught in the middle between the lots of handicap people and the high level bowlers. Currently 10th out of 29.

Game 1- 246 Started off hot and just kept it going clean game

Game 2- 205 Started off well I felt like my line was leaving and I made a 3/2 adjustment left but started hitting weak.

Game 3- 159 The wheels fell off I couldn't seem to find a line that was working for me seemed over under and then I started missing spares.

I took three out of 6 points tonight which was better than have the last few weeks in this league ended up with a 610 but felt bad about the way I finished.

After a night like that when as you stated " the wheels fell off " it is important to sit down and go over your set. Ask your self all the questions and go over your decisions and what you could have done differently. Of course you can only speculate what the outcome would have been with a different ball or line etc. Still after a disappointing night 610 is not bad.

Amyers
01-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Wednesday Pre-Tournament Practice 1/14/15

I will be bowling a tournament this Sunday with my kids at Town and Country lanes so I wanted to go bowl there some as I don't bowl at this alley very often. The oil pattern seems to be longer, heavier and more flat towards the edges than I'm used too. Had to play farther right than is normal for me almost to the point of being uncomfortable with the area I am playing.

Game 1- 189 Started off playing between the second and third arrow and was leaving a lot of single pin spares picked most of them up

Game 2- 175 Moved farther right playing over the second arrow still not getting a very good look at the pocket

Game 3- 159 My wife actually beat me this game never happen before she had a 165. I think the shot was starting to get in my head a little

Game 4- 188 Moved farther right playing between the 1st and 2nd arrow seemed to help and had a little better angle to the pocket

Game 5- 196 again looked a little better

Game 6- 195 Got myself a little messed up at the beginning of this game finished up throwing the last 5 in a row to salvage a decent game

All in all I guess a decent session but I think If I was playing here consistently I would need to add some surface or buy a stronger ball than the asylum. This was bowled on the night before oil I'm afraid I'm not going to like what I see when I'm bowling these lanes on the fresh.

Amyers
01-15-2015, 03:51 PM
After a night like that when as you stated " the wheels fell off " it is important to sit down and go over your set. Ask your self all the questions and go over your decisions and what you could have done differently. Of course you can only speculate what the outcome would have been with a different ball or line etc. Still after a disappointing night 610 is not bad.

Your right FTLOB if I had it to do again I think I would try making an even larger jump inside and tried playing down 15 more but when things are going well and then it just stops for me and I make that initial move and it doesn't work I really struggle to figure out what to do next. Truth is I need to add another ball to the arsenal. I added surface to it last season before getting the asylum and they are too close together now but I hate to invest another $30 in resurfacing it when I plan to replace it but the wife needed a new ball, my daughter needed a new ball, and my wife has to have a new bag now before I can get another ball so its going to have to wait awhile.

fortheloveofbowling
01-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Your right FTLOB if I had it to do again I think I would try making an even larger jump inside and tried playing down 15 more but when things are going well and then it just stops for me and I make that initial move and it doesn't work I really struggle to figure out what to do next. Truth is I need to add another ball to the arsenal. I added surface to it last season before getting the asylum and they are too close together now but I hate to invest another $30 in resurfacing it when I plan to replace it but the wife needed a new ball, my daughter needed a new ball, and my wife has to have a new bag now before I can get another ball so its going to have to wait awhile.

I hear you man. Bowling can be expensive.

Amyers
01-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Friday Night Mixed League 1/16/15

Currently in 3rd place in this league average 187

Game 1- 177- Didn't seem to find a good line in practice and my spare shooting was off a little just didn't seem to have it in this game the team got off to a slow start too.

Game 2- 175- Continued from above

Game 3- 181- I actually bowled a little better this game but left three splits capping off a slow night for the entire team

Tonight was a let down from the previous week where everyone bowled great. Our scores were not awful we split the series but I expect better out of myself and my teammates especially bowling all three games below average. I think part of my problem has been practicing for an upcoming tournament at another house has thrown my spare shooting off a bit but I really didn't have a good look all night.

Amyers
01-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Sunday Night Win, Lose, or Draw League 1/18/15

Currently in tenth place have been in a bit of a losing streak in this league average 195

Game 1- 205- Had a good look when I threw the ball correctly was struggling some with my release ended up with a good game. Struggled a bit with spare shooting also.

Game 2- 215- Bowled better this game still struggled a bit with spares missed a sing pin spare and chopped a 6-10

Game 3- 177- I was still in the pocket but just wasn't getting good carry this game also had a few bad shots where I pulled the ball

All in all a 597 series sucked to miss out on the 600 series but I was relatively happy with this one I was tired after rushing over here to bowl leagues after the tournament and it kind of showed especially in my spare shooting and release I won 5 out of 6 points though so a much better night than I have been having in this league.

Konvict1982
01-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Sunday Night Win, Lose, or Draw League 1/18/15

Currently in tenth place have been in a bit of a losing streak in this league average 195

Game 1- 205- Had a good look when I threw the ball correctly was struggling some with my release ended up with a good game. Struggled a bit with spare shooting also.

Game 2- 215- Bowled better this game still struggled a bit with spares missed a sing pin spare and chopped a 6-10

Game 3- 177- I was still in the pocket but just wasn't getting good carry this game also had a few bad shots where I pulled the ball

All in all a 597 series sucked to miss out on the 600 series but I was relatively happy with this one I was tired after rushing over here to bowl leagues after the tournament and it kind of showed especially in my spare shooting and release I won 5 out of 6 points though so a much better night than I have been having in this league.

Good set! Looks like you have been getting good scores on Sunday nights.

Amyers
01-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Town and Country Lanes Practice Heavier Longer oil

First off I rolled a couple of games just practicing my spares. I have struggled with spare shooting on these lanes and wanted to try and improve and I believe I had some success. after that I bowled a few games been working on developing more of a hinge release and trying to cross over with my slide step and finish on the my toes a little more to slide a little instead of my normal plant.

Game 1- 178 was really working on finding my line and working with the items I came to practice

Game 2- 188 I really rolled the ball well here score should have been higher bad had a couple of bad shots worked in that resulted in washouts

Game 3- 205 Still rolling the ball well. Ball speed was really good and I was getting a really defined move to the pocket again should have been higher just a couple of bad shots

Game 4- 227 I was really depressed with this game this one should have been 250 plus but I threw a bad shot in the 10th that resulted in a open.

Had a really good practice session especially on lane conditions I have really struggled on. My ball speed and the move to the pocket was maybe the best I've ever seen. I was actually generating messengers taking pins out I don't have that often. I had at least two bad shots where I just got nothing on the ball in each of these games though that hurt my scoring. I believe I was over rotating in the release maybe that was causing this. Something to watch

Blacksox1
01-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Well done Myers family in the tournament! :)

Amyers
01-27-2015, 10:10 AM
Friday Night Mixed league 1/23/15

Currently in third place in this league Average 188

I found out right before start time that they have changed the oil pattern. The new pattern is flatter and about the same length.

Game 1- 217- I bowled really well for most of this game had a good look really pissed at myself as two bad shots cost me a really high game pulled one Brooklyn that left a split and just didn't get anything on that left a washout for two opens.

Game 2- 197- basically the same as above but towards the end of the game my ball just didn't look right as it was entering the pocket.

Game 3- 160- I'm nor sure what happened here I tried making some adjustments but nothing worked I was putting the ball in the pocket but absolutely no carry whatsoever. I left three pocket splits during this game and then opened the last three frames I think out of frustration.

574 Series my team lost all 4 points tonight and I was frustrated as all get out. Not a good night.

Amyers
01-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Sunday Win, Lose or Draw League 1/25/15

Currently 8th place Average 197

I'm not sure what they did with the oil pattern it was a mess

Game 1- 196- The score was better than I bowled. My ball motion was terrible got lucky with some carry and shot spares ok. The ball just acted like it didn't want to turn over no clear move to the pocket I was ten boards right with my feet from my normal position and the best looks I had was throwing the ball over the first arrow this is not my A game I never bowl that far right.

Game 2- 133- Just bad that's all I can say spare shooting was a mess couldn't hit my target and no reaction when I did.

Game 3- 147- More of the same.

476 series worst I have thrown in a long time. Enough to make me question everything I had a poor practice session before this earlier in the day I'm not sure what all of the problems were. I was missing my targets but I think mostly due to playing an uncomfortable line for me but I'm not sure if my ball is dying, I'm not getting anything on it, or if somebody messed up in oiling the lanes. I did win 3 points so even split on the night and my 196 was the high game for the league as everyone else struggled also. Practice on Wednesday so maybe I can figure something out then.

bubba809
01-27-2015, 01:27 PM
We all have those days. Don't let it get to you. You will come back strong.

Nice averages

Aslan
01-27-2015, 02:50 PM
but I think mostly due to playing an uncomfortable line for me

I have struggled with this for about a year now. I've tried to establish a 3-line system so that I have 3 lines and 2 different balls...that way I can pick the optimum line/ball combo based on what the lane is dictating. It's a combination of Rob's teachings as well as others'.

The DOWNside to this is sometimes I end up playing too far inside...almost a straight shot up the 15-16 board...and just hoping the ball hooks just a tiny amount before it hits the pin deck so I can get adequate carry. But there's no room for error with that line...and it doesn't carry very well usually. So sometimes I'll throw some decent shots in practice...decide to play that inside line...and struggle, struggle, struggle.

Amyers
01-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Wednesday Practice Venture Lanes 1/28/15

Decided to get some practice in after some **** poor bowling over the end of last week. Got there and was lucky enough to get a freshly oiled set got to love that.

Game 1- 153- I wasn't really bowling for score in this game was looking for a line that would work as I have struggled to find a good line in this house and was working on my form some.

Game 2- 199- Had a decent look towards the end of the previous game and was throwing it well all of my shots were in the pocket didn't carry well never do in this house but I was happy to be hitting the pocket and making my spares.

Game 3- 215- Again all of my first balls were decent pockets hits and I was clean even picked up a 5-7 split that I'm not sure how I left.

Game 4- 187- Again all of my first balls were in the pocket missed one spare a 4 pin.

Well I felt like I threw the ball really well didn't have good carry but I never do on these lanes. I did finally find a line that allowed the ball to hook a little still don't think it transitions well on these lanes. If I move way outside the ball over hooks. If I move inside to my normal line the ball skids to far on the oil but at least I did have skid and hook today still not sure that there was really much roll. Left a lot of 7 and 10 pins a couple of 9 pins and even a few 5 pins that I never leave anywhere else.

I think to be really successful on these lanes I would need a weaker pearl to play up the outside or a heavier oil ball that could cut through some of the oil farther in. My asylum is kind of in the middle and that is no mans land on these lanes as far as I can tell but consistently hitting the pocket and making spares was a big improvement.

Amyers
02-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Sunday Win Lose or Draw League Dunbar Lanes 2/8/15

I'm in the middle of the pack in this league current average is 194

Game 1- 187- Had a decent look missed a couple of spares and had a split in this game

Game 2- 119- Started off with back to back pocket 7-10 splits never done or seen that before and it just went down hill from there. I think I got frustrated and all the problems I've been having came back. I was leaving a lot of difficult spares and missing even the easy ones I don't remember the last time I threw a bowling ball this badly

Game 3- 229- How does this happen! At the end of the last game I just laughed it off and decided not to think about it and let it rip.

535 series with a 119 game! Felt better than I have in a long time in the last game. I was wishing we bowled four games towards the end of it. Just goes to show how much of this game is mental and luck.

Amyers
02-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Wednesday practice session Venture Lanes 2/11/15

Our usual practice day just getting some games in.

Game 1- 199- Had a really good feel this score should have been higher but I had the 8 pin going down and another pin hit it and stood it back up on back to back balls in the 9th and 10 frames really sad thing was missed one of them for a open

Game 2- 216- Every shot in the pocket still didn't have particularly good carry but never do on these lanes was clean

Game 3- 176- They decided to oil after the first frame and I knew it was trouble as I struggle on these lanes on the fresh. I really threw it pretty well but what little bit of carry I did have just goes away on the fresh here. Missed two 10 pins also :mad:

Game 4- 174- More of the same

I really only threw about 3 bad strike balls out of all 4 games but I just can't seem to figure these lanes out if it's dead in the pocket 10 pin every time adjust right and hit flush 4 pin adjust left hit a little light seems to carry somewhat better but I leave a ton of 7 pins. If I decide to bowl league here this Summer/Fall going to need a different ball.

Amyers
02-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Sunday Win lose or draw League 2/22/15

Well the weather has been terrible here and I haven't got to maintain my normal practice schedule or bowl in some of my leagues here over the last two weeks. I did get my new ball and like an idiot I couldn't help myself from throwing it even though I knew it wasn't a good idea with out practicing some with it.

Game 1- 150 Had som e really nice looking shots with it but was missing my mark also and just not bowling well in general even the spare shooting was suffering

Game 2- 175 This could have actually been a descent game but bad spare shooting continued for me

Game 3- 146 The wheels just fell off and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with my strike ball or my spare ball just one of those night

Ended up with a 472 Don't really think it was the ball my timing was off I was making bad decisions just not a good night. I was already struggling in this league and I probably nocked myself out of the roll off with this sparkling performance.

Amyers
02-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Make up for Friday night mixed league 2/23/15

Went back to the asylum after the debacle that was Sunday night and had a pretty good night.

Game 1- 175 I threw the ball well but couldn't strike to save my life. Had one strike the entire game but at least I was making most of my spare did whiff a 8 pin on a ball I just pulled the crap out of though to prevent a clean game.

Game 2- 211 This game was actually better than it looks had six strikes they were just all singles.

Game 3- 225 Finally seemed to put it together would have been better but I chopped the 10 out of the 6-10 in the 9th frame :mad:.

Ended up with a 611 series So not my best but anything over 600 feels like a godsend after Sunday.

Amyers
08-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Decided to resurrect this thread I haven't posted scores in quite a while so thought with the new fall season upcoming I would start again. With the loss of my old home center and the struggles I experienced this spring and summer just couldn't bring myself to post it.

Final Night Friday Church Trio Mixed league. 8/15/15

Bowled this league this summer with my wife and oldest daughter on my team. My youngest daughter bowls this league also on another team.

Game 1- 177 Threw the ball well this game lots of 9's missed back to back 10 pins :mad: like an idiot. For some reason I've had an issue with messing the angle up on the first ten pin I throw during the night here lately. Got it back together and made the next three but the damage was done.

Game 2- 211 Nice game here more strikes ball was looking great (Arson Low Flare) made all my spares missed inside on one shot the resulted in a split otherwise clean game.

Game 3- 206 This one pissed me off. Had the front five couple of spares on balls I missed inside on still hit the pocket square but no angle resulted in single pin spares, strike then in the 9th had a possible 238 left a 7 pin which I missed left on. Needed a 212 for 600 which I have not managed on this league and only once this summer in this house. Still possible left another 7 pin which I proceeded to miss right on too much speed :mad:. Felt like sticking my head in the ball return.

594 for the night which made like my 8th 590 series this league oh well. We won all four games and finished third in this league (considering we spent the first half in last pretty good ;)) I finished the season with a 178 average for this league terrible but with the start I got off too (161 at one point throwing plastic because the spare ball was all I could consistently get off my thumb) I guess not too bad. Tuesday is the final night of my other summer league I'll post the results.

Amyers
09-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Update on the Fall season

Friday Night Mixed Synthetic Lanes Heavier Oil

2 Weeks in Team is 6-2 I'm averaging 189 so far 9/11/15

191-178-217

Used the Virtual Gravity all three games. Had a good shot struggled with right side spares all night as has been the usual here lately. :mad:

We lost 3 of 4 point on the night as the anchor had a rare off night.

Saturday Mixed League medium oil wood lanes 9/12/15

3 weeks in to this one Averaging 172

148-195-227

Right side spares still a problem. Can't seem to find a ball that fits the conditions here the Virtual Gravity is too much the Arson Low flare not enough. Still bowled well with the Arson after switching to it in game 2.

We won 3 out of 4 points on the night.

Amyers
09-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Sunday Travel League once a month scratch league on challenge conditions this week on wood lanes

I was asked to join this league after one of the other guys was injured for the season right before it started. Format is 2 three game sets and 5 man teams. This league consists of some of the best bowlers in the state. The first week on was on older wood lanes and I was completely freaked bowling with these guys and absolutely sucked. I was surprised when they game me a shirt for the next week as I expected they would look for someone else. After looking at the standings I felt better as about 20% of the league really struggled there too and had averages as low or lower than mine I averaged 167 for the first weeks games and lost every individual point although the team did pretty well.

Game 1- 215- lost the point on a missed easy spare that I just got nothing on the ball on my opponent had 225

Game 2- 207- Nice consistent shot was a couple of missed 10 pins from a really nice game. I doubled in the 10th to put the game away opponent shot 194

Game 3- 168- Still having issues adjusting quickly enough on this 5 man format to keep up with transition I think. Opponent shot 248 anyway

592 series team took 14 of 23 possible points so a good start especially compared to last week.

The second set we bowled some of my old teammates and friends from Dunbar lanes. If anyone remembers this was part of the people that didn't feel like I was up to the challenge for their All star league and suggested I bowl on a different night. Needless to say I had a bone to pick. These guys are seriously good.

Game 1- 224- had a terrific look with the arson low flare bunch of strikes left one 10 pin which I missed. I got lucky with the opponent the guy I bowled against is a big hook the lane swinger which doesn't translate well on these lanes. He shot 178 and I won the point.

Game 2- 256- To be honest there was a lot of luck in this game everything I threw struck light hit strike, Brooklyn hit strike, middle of the head pin strike, I almost felt bad about it. My opponent was on his 4th ball by this point and my team was going nuts.

Game 3- 195- This one was a slog for me split and a couple of missed ten pins cost me a good game and a shot at 700. I've never scored this high on a non house shot in all my life so I was still pretty happy. My opponent had fallen apart by this point and after trying out ball 5 out of his bag wen t back and tried the 2nd and 3rd ones he had used earlier. LOL He shot 178

675 Series Team won 13 out of 23 points. I won 4 out of 6 points possible and delivered some well deserved a$$ kicking

Aslan
09-15-2015, 02:19 AM
nice start!

vdubtx
09-16-2015, 02:15 PM
Indeed a nice start to a travel league. Travel league years ago is what I feel was a big part of my becoming a better bowler. Being forced to bowl in varying conditions only helped my game. I am sure it will help yours out as well.

The 2nd set had to have felt so good. Love it. :cool: Way to go!

Can give them a big Nelson Ha Ha from the Simpsons.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/e/e9/Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121205194057

manke
09-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Nice bowling!!

Amyers
09-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Friday Night Mixed League 9/18/15

3 Weeks in Record 7-5 Average 195 now!!!

We were on the end set this week and the lanes were just strange. Seemed to be hooking more than usual for this house. Like a big DA I started with the Virtual Gravity which was striking in practice but I could tell that it was moving more than usual. I had 6 out of the first 7 for strikes but in the eight the ball takes off Brooklyn on me I should have changed ball right then but decided to try moving inside which didn't work the ball was still reading to early finished the game with it but turned what should have easily been a 230 game into a 209. Changed to the Arson low flare and finished out the set. Right side spares are still far below optimal but I am at least hitting about 50% now which is an improvement.

Shot 209-203-218= 630

Team split 2-2 record. Our anchor is struggling mightily averaging about 520 last two weeks hopefully this will pay off later in the season if he gets the wheels back on.

Amyers
09-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Saturday Night Mixed League (wood Lanes) 9/19/15

4 Weeks in 9-7 Average up to 178

Haven't matched up well on these lanes yet the Virtual Gravity seems like it is too much here but the Arson just isn't enough to start. Shot 195-224-181=600. Not bad especially since I'm struggling here spare shooting was some better tonight but still lost some serious pins to sing pin spare issues.

Team won 3 out of 4 tonight so altogether I'm going to chalk this one up as a good night.

vdubtx
09-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Keep at it Amyers. Adjusting to a new to you house can take a little bit. :cool:

Amyers
09-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Keep at it Amyers. Adjusting to a new to you house can take a little bit. :cool:

Yeah I bowled here some during the summer trying to prepare for this league but the open conditions don't resemble the league conditions. I think the wife is getting me another ball for my birthday so hopefully that will bridge the gap some between the Arson Low Flare and the Virtual Gravity and give me what I'm looking for on these lanes. Of course throwing the ball better would help to LOL.

Tony
09-22-2015, 11:27 AM
Yeah I bowled here some during the summer trying to prepare for this league but the open conditions don't resemble the league conditions. I think the wife is getting me another ball for my birthday so hopefully that will bridge the gap some between the Arson Low Flare and the Virtual Gravity and give me what I'm looking for on these lanes. Of course throwing the ball better would help to LOL.

Yes the shot for league always seems much different than when practice shooting, a new ball for your b day , nice what are you getting or if she going to surprise you ?
In my case I've generally found the biggest problem with the ball is how I'm throwing it, I'm sure with some adjustment you can find the right match-up for those lanes.

Amyers
09-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Yes the shot for league always seems much different than when practice shooting, a new ball for your b day , nice what are you getting or if she going to surprise you ?
In my case I've generally found the biggest problem with the ball is how I'm throwing it, I'm sure with some adjustment you can find the right match-up for those lanes.

Not sure yet. I think it's between the Hammer Viral and the Rotogrip Hysteria both of which I've wanted for a while unless my PSO talks her into something else. I can adjust and throw almost anything and score but it makes life easier if I have the proper reaction. The Virtual gravity tends to hook early on those lanes it looks great when I get it perfect looks really bad when I don't the Arson just doesn't generate enough angle until later in the set and I get 10 pinned to death for the first game and half.

Amyers
09-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Friday Night Mixed League 9/25/15

This night started bad and just got worse. We were bowling against a team comprised of very senior citizens. I generally don't have anything against older people and am amazed by how well some of them bowl despite their health issues. This group wanted to stand around on the lanes and talk instead of throwing their warm up shots though so I got the grand some total of three balls thrown in 10 minutes. Sometimes this wouldn't be an issue but my line wasn't matching up well and I needed the shots that I didn't get.

Shot 162-239-165= 563. In the first game I was in the pocket just couldn't carry was leaving 9 pins and 10 pins like crazy. I made the first couple of 10 pins but then I started to miss and just kept on missing. The second game actually bowled well strung some strikes together and left a couple of 9 pins and a 7 pin. Game three the strike ball left again and the 10's were back and I still wasn't making them for some reason if it was right of the head pin I might have well as just pressed rest and saved myself the trouble.

This was the most disappointing night I've had in a while. It should have been a 640-650 kind of night but poor carry and missing spares doomed it to a bad series. We went 2-2 on the night we can't seem to bowl together at the same time with this team one of always seems to be off. I was frustrated and didn't check my average before leaving so ill update that next week.

Amyers
09-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Saturday Night Mixed League 9/26/15 Wood Lanes

To say I was nervous after my spare shooting night on Friday was an understatement. Still haven't purchased the new ball yet so I decided to add a little surface with my 4k pad unfortunately grabbed the 1500 pad instead. LOL. Actually turned out ok night. 187-198-214=599. I was in the pocket all night still not really carrying the only makeable spare I missed was a chopped 6-10 in the first game. I'll take it after the frustration of Friday. Average up to 182 in this one record 12-8. Went 2-2 on the night.

Amyers
10-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Sunday Travel League once a month scratch league on challenge conditions this week on synthetic lanes

This was the third outing for this league and I was a little nervous as we were bowling in a house that I am familiar with that scores high. I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up with these guys in this higher scoring house. We bowled a team that I wasn't familiar with as their house is about 2 hours away.

Game 1- 161 it was evident early on my spare game sucked and the guy I was bowling against was way worse than me opponent 138.

Game 2- 180 Just trying to keep the ball in play and not screw up spare still a little off but better opponent had 158

Game 3- 196 Finally starting to feel it a bit the Arson was rounding the corner well I just didn't convert a spare or would have been decent game opponent shot 188

I'm not sure what was going on with the guy I was bowling against but he was not the quality of most of the bowlers on this league. So I got away with loafing around with the Arson. The team did well A 537 is not a series I would want but it was good enough during this set to take all 3 points. Team took 15 out of 20 points.

The second set I knew I wasn't going to get away with bowling the way I did in the first set. I decided to pull out the Virtual Gravity and swing the ball a little more nothing risked nothing gained

Game 1- 206 I rolled the ball well in this one did miss a spare after my spare ball hooked and I chopped the 6 out of a 6-10. My opponent threw 246 this game so it didn't really cost me.

Game 2- 201 This one pissed me off had the ball stick on my hand when I was on a turkey for a gutter in the 5th that cost me. Threw strikes to get back in it after the open. struck in the 9th but the ball went high so I switched to the arson. Needed a double and 5 to win threw the first strike, second ball solid 9 :mad: opponent had 206

Game 3- 228 Finally got it all together threw the final 5 in a row to end the match Opponent had 216

Well I only won 1 point on this one but I threw the ball pretty well I'm not going to complain about a 635 series. The team continued to perform well and we took 13 out of 20 points. We maybe as high as 3rd in this league with the new standings which isn't bad considering we got shelled the first week. 28 out of a 40 possible isn't bad at all for this league.

(edit on previous post about this league the points possible should have been 20 not 23) wouldn't let me go back an edit maybe too old

Aslan
10-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Nice 2nd set.

That sounds like an interesting league.

Amyers
10-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Nice 2nd set.

That sounds like an interesting league.

It's a challenge and a lot of fun. I've learned a lot about how my style is different (for better or worse) from other bowlers. I'm enjoying the challenge patterns they seem to be keeping the high rev guys in check a little but aren't so hard that I have to have 1 board accuracy to score. In my other leagues it's unusual to see more than 2 200+ average bowlers on a team. A lot of these teams everyone is 200+ and most at least 4 out of the 5 are. I've been pretty lucky with my team too they don't seem to get in a hussy if I have a bad game and seem to be there to cheer when I have a good one even if my good one is a little lower than they might call a good game.

Mark O
10-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Nice bowling Amyers, that 2nd set was good regardless but on more challenging conditions 3 straight deuces is awesome!

Amyers
10-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Nice bowling Amyers, that 2nd set was good regardless but on more challenging conditions 3 straight deuces is awesome!

To be honest on the conditions I seem to bowl easier on these conditions than I do a lot of house shots. Still some hold over the middle and none of the crazy wet/dry crap

Amyers
10-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Got behind a bit so just going to post last weeks scores.

Friday Night Mixed Synthetic Lanes 10/16/15
Average 195

167-228-203= 598

Was pissed that I messed the 600 series up with that piece of crap first game. Didn't throw the ball real bad just left a few weird leaves and missed a couple of single pinners. Moved the Mastermind Einstein into the lineup this week that I purchased about two weeks ago finally getting to where I feel consistent with it. Used it for game 1 and 2 changed to the Arson Low Flare in 4th frame of game 3.

My team in this league is really struggling and near the bottom. We just can't seem to bowl together. Somebody is having a bad game for at least 2 out of the three. The one game we all bowl together we win and score the highest game for the league that night. The other two it's just ugly. Hoping this improves in the second half as this half is over for us.

Saturday Night Mixed Wood Lanes

203-223-217= 643

Average 187

Really Bowled well all night long had the front 5 in game 2 but had a pocket 7-10 in the 7th frame to screw up what was a really good game. Threw the Einstein all three games and it performed great. We are in the middle of the pack on this league and feel pretty good we can get it together and finish well.

vdubtx
10-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Nice shooting on both nights Amyers. Glad you are liking the Einstein. Know a few that are throwing it with similar results and praise. :cool:

Amyers
10-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Nice shooting on both nights Amyers. Glad you are liking the Einstein. Know a few that are throwing it with similar results and praise. :cool:

Honestly the ball scared me to death. I had intended to purchase a more midline piece to go between the Arson and the VG but I had the opportunity to test out some Brunswick stuff from a guy with a similar span and hole sizes and fell in love with the Einstein. Then when I got it fresh out of the box it was an absolute beast just stand left and throw it as far right as you can and pray. The ball was just darn near unusable for me on house shot conditions and I was like god what have I done. I've got about 15 games on it and it has toned down to still being stronger than I expected but playing very well with it now.

vdubtx
10-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Honestly the ball scared me to death. I had intended to purchase a more midline piece to go between the Arson and the VG but I had the opportunity to test out some Brunswick stuff from a guy with a similar span and hole sizes and fell in love with the Einstein. Then when I got it fresh out of the box it was an absolute beast just stand left and throw it as far right as you can and pray. The ball was just darn near unusable for me on house shot conditions and I was like god what have I done. I've got about 15 games on it and it has toned down to still being stronger than I expected but playing very well with it now.

Kind of had same feeling when I got Hyper Cell last year, was very strong until it got a track on it a bit. I now use it almost exclusively on Thursday nights in a higher volume house or in tournaments.

Aslan
10-22-2015, 12:41 PM
That Mastermind line by Brunswick is just amazing. And they had a great Aura line before that. At tournaments...a lot of Masterminds....a lot of Hyper Cells.

Amyers
10-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Friday Night Mixed League 10/23/15 Synthetic Lanes

This team has been struggling we can't seem to bowl together for more than 1 game and maybe the team chemistry is just not good. The team consist of a senior bowler who is struggling average 145, my wife who is kind of up and down average 155, myself who has been more up than down but I've had my share of bad games average 195, and the team captain who is older but a good bowler who has been quite inconsistent this year also average 208. We seem to have 1 good game per night where everyone bowls well but the other two games at least 2 of us fall apart.

Game 1- 169- I got off to a bad start couldn't hit my target consistently on the strike ball the only thing saving me from utter disaster was acceptable spare shooting.

Game 2- 162- more of the same

Game 3- 166- Never was able to hit my target consistently tried both the arson and the mastermind was a total waste of space on the lanes

Sub 500 is never a good thing. I expect way more out of myself than this. team won 1 lost 3 points on the night. We have taken what I thought should be a competitive team and put it darn near last place. To top it all off the team captain brought his friend who was on the team last year (out with broken foot) and he decided to tell everyone how he could fix our games is 5 minutes if we would only listen to him, With sage advice like release more on the side of the ball, stand on the middle dot and aim for the second arrow, and don't drop your shoulder. He also explained how we would bowl better if we criticized our teammates and other bowlers with more banter and have more "fun". All of this while he set back and analyzed each and every shot each of us made for the night. I actually had to stop my wife from punching him on two occasions. I've never hurried to leave a bowling alley before in my life we were out the door in 5 minutes after we were done.:mad:

Amyers
10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Saturday Mixed League 10/24/15 Wood Lanes

This team has performed better than my other one. We are currently in the middle of the pack. Average has climbed to 189.

Game 1- 172- Unfortuantly the same problems as Friday night my timing feels off my release is a mess just not bowling well at least my spare shooting is holding up

Game 2- 197- still not striking game was clean

Game 3- 168- More crap

Team went 2 and 2 on the night. Not looking forward to my scratch travel league tomorrow bowling like this.

NewToBowling
10-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Friday Night Mixed League 10/23/15 Synthetic Lanes

This team has been struggling we can't seem to bowl together for more than 1 game and maybe the team chemistry is just not good. The team consist of a senior bowler who is struggling average 145, my wife who is kind of up and down average 155, myself who has been more up than down but I've had my share of bad games average 195, and the team captain who is older but a good bowler who has been quite inconsistent this year also average 208. We seem to have 1 good game per night where everyone bowls well but the other two games at least 2 of us fall apart.

Game 1- 169- I got off to a bad start couldn't hit my target consistently on the strike ball the only thing saving me from utter disaster was acceptable spare shooting.

Game 2- 162- more of the same

Game 3- 166- Never was able to hit my target consistently tried both the arson and the mastermind was a total waste of space on the lanes

Sub 500 is never a good thing. I expect way more out of myself than this. team won 1 lost 3 points on the night. We have taken what I thought should be a competitive team and put it darn near last place. To top it all off the team captain brought his friend who was on the team last year (out with broken foot) and he decided to tell everyone how he could fix our games is 5 minutes if we would only listen to him, With sage advice like release more on the side of the ball, stand on the middle dot and aim for the second arrow, and don't drop your shoulder. He also explained how we would bowl better if we criticized our teammates and other bowlers with more banter and have more "fun". All of this while he set back and analyzed each and every shot each of us made for the night. I actually had to stop my wife from punching him on two occasions. I've never hurried to leave a bowling alley before in my life we were out the door in 5 minutes after we were done.:mad:

Wow, would hate to be in that situation. Nothing worse than a know-it-all (unless you're a PBA pro)

Amyers
10-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Sunday All-Star League Scratch 10/25/15 Synthetic Lanes and Approaches Challenge Pattern

This team has been doing exceptionally well especially for a team thrown together at the last minute. We are currently in 4th place!!! :)

Game-1 184- Well I'm still a mess throwing lite hits Brooklyn hits but the spare shooting is excellent. Why is it I can hit my target on spares but not on the strike ball? Won the match on a Brooklyn Strike in the 10th lol.

Game 2 182- Basically a repeat of the first match. Won the Match when my opponent hit a 7-10 split on a pocket shot in the 10th again. I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy.

Game 3 162- My luck didn't hold out finally paid for some of the bad balls I was throwing with splits. Lost this point big time

We won this match 16 points won to 4 lost team totally kicked butt

Match #2

We drew the home team for this match which is never a good thing.

Game 1- 180- Bowling like this sucks and just works you to death. Lost this match 180-226.

Game 2- 195- Threw some better in this match had a shot to win needed at double in the 10th got the first but solid 9 cost me. lost 195-197

Game 3- 200- Still not great but bowling some better. Match came down to the 10th frame he struck I left a 7 pin, he left a 7 pin so I had to strike to tie which I did so I was happy with that at least.

We split this Match 10-10 not bad going against the home team but we could have had a few more points if I could have gotten my head out of my a$$.

Overall I bowled better than I had been I guess but not being able to consistently hold the pocket is a pain. The team went 26-14 so a pretty good record shout be 2nd or 3rd next month.

Aslan
10-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Bowling like this sucks and just works you to death.

Yeah. I feel ya. It's amazing when you throw a 250 game and it feels like you haven't even gotten out of practice yet...however when you're throwing 160-210 games...you're beat up and tired by the start of the first game. And more so mentally than physically.

Amyers
10-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Monday Night Businessmen's League 10/26/15 Synthetic Lanes

I was asked to sub on this league for a friend of mine that is out for a while. I bowl in this house occasionally so I am somewhat familiar with their patterns but apparently they use a shorter version in this league.

Game 1- 159- Yuck this is really sucking I started off with the Mastermind Einstein but I just couldn't control it on this pattern unfortunately I spent the first game trying to adjust instead of just changing balls.

Game 2-190- Switched to the Arson low flare was still having control issues but not nearly as bad. Spare shooting was good.

Game 3-192- Score wasn't higher but actually bowled much better put all of my shots in the pocket just zip on the carry.

I'm beginning to think trying to bowl with the Mastermind is destroying my bowling game. The ball refuses to hold the pocket unless I throw it across the 3rd arrow and get it out to 6-7 area which is farther right than I typically throw. I thought maybe the ball was starting to tone down a little but now I'm thinking not. I'm going to talk to my PSO about it today and see what he suggests because it's just not working out for me.

Aslan
10-28-2015, 01:08 PM
unless I throw it across the 3rd arrow and get it out to 6-7 area which is farther right than I typically throw.

See, there's your problem...you have a preconceived notion of where you want to play. Have you learned NOTHING from RobM?? Must you be physically beaten by a magazine...? Wait...it's now online rather than in print so that would either hurt much less or much more depending on how the beating is carried out.

But why throw that ball if you know it's not going to work? Why didn't you watch everyone else in practice and take into account lane topography and changes in humidity and then try your entire arsenal before choosing to go with the Einstein?? I don't know Amyers...as a Rob disciple (which I'm not confident I spelled correctly)....you're slacking. :rolleyes: ;)

I was gonna add a paragraph about 'chicks' but apparently I'm not allowed. : (

I'm just teasing you (and Rob) by the way. We'll have to compare notes once I'm done trying out some of the other balls in the arsenal. Since I've been a progression bowler...I've always started with the same ball (or two). Usually only in practice would I get to the hybrid or especially pearls. Monday I tried out the pearls in that league....didn't fare much better than with the solids/progression. Gonna try the hybrid Asylum tonight (and risk messing up what has been a pretty successful run of 682, 656, 647 the last few weeks). I'm still not sold on this random ball based on X, Y, Z, etc...but I'm willing to give it a try. I carry 6 balls around with me...might as well use more than just 1-3 of them.

Amyers
10-28-2015, 02:59 PM
See, there's your problem...you have a preconceived notion of where you want to play. Have you learned NOTHING from RobM?? Must you be physically beaten by a magazine...? Wait...it's now online rather than in print so that would either hurt much less or much more depending on how the beating is carried out.

But why throw that ball if you know it's not going to work? Why didn't you watch everyone else in practice and take into account lane topography and changes in humidity and then try your entire arsenal before choosing to go with the Einstein?? I don't know Amyers...as a Rob disciple (which I'm not confident I spelled correctly)....you're slacking. :rolleyes: ;)

I was gonna add a paragraph about 'chicks' but apparently I'm not allowed. : (

I'm just teasing you (and Rob) by the way. We'll have to compare notes once I'm done trying out some of the other balls in the arsenal. Since I've been a progression bowler...I've always started with the same ball (or two). Usually only in practice would I get to the hybrid or especially pearls. Monday I tried out the pearls in that league....didn't fare much better than with the solids/progression. Gonna try the hybrid Asylum tonight (and risk messing up what has been a pretty successful run of 682, 656, 647 the last few weeks). I'm still not sold on this random ball based on X, Y, Z, etc...but I'm willing to give it a try. I carry 6 balls around with me...might as well use more than just 1-3 of them.

The problem really is a me problem and not a ball problem. If I can hit my target I had a line that was working with the ball the problem is the break point I'm having to use is way outside my comfort zone so I've been trying to get used to it. It seems as if when I try to play that line I start having accuracy and release issues then I pick up the arson and the line doesn't just snap back to normal and it won't recover from that deep of a breakpoint. At the moment at the start of the game I have two equally distasteful options. I can throw the Arson Low flare that doesn't produce enough angle to strike until the lanes dry out a bit usually around the beginning or middle of the second game and leave a ton of 7 and 10 pins or I can throw the Mastermind and not hit what I'm aiming at and god know what will happen but it does involve a few strikes at least. It's frustrating when you can throw 3 perfect balls for strikes then the next 5 end up here there and everywhere you get ready to pitch the ball and then you get it right and throw a double then it's back to everywhere again. It's driving me insane

Aslan
10-28-2015, 03:17 PM
I've had similar issues. I'm trying to get a better understanding of my arsenal (versus just sticking with a progression system) but I'm quickly finding out that really ANY ball will work...some just seem to work a 'little better'. I've been playing 6-11 because that's my comfort zone. I don't like getting outside of 6...puts me too close to the channel. But when I get inside of 12...I can still strike...but I got very little miss room inside. A board or two left or right and it's trouble.

However, it's possible that with today's modern technology...I can't start out that far in the dry and expect to have good results. A lot of time my ball doesn't even have a track line on it...probably not in the oil at all. And when I find the oil line...I usually end up trying to just ride it to the pocket...which sometimes works...and often doesn't.

But, as I've tested in the past, I think another theory is that ball technology is over-rated. Like I said, I can pick up any ball and find a strike line. Fresh/burnt...pearl/solid...assymetric core/symmetric core...doesn't matter. The problem is....I have to make that shot...nearly perfect....every single time. If I bend my elbow too soon or loft it too much or get outside my target or try to 'help' it....that has WAY more effect on the shot than whether I throw one ball or another.

But like you said...if in order to get a ball to work...you have to hit a target the size of a dime at 45 feet...1-2 boards right and you're in the gutter...1 board left and you're through the nose....it can be a LONG NIGHT.

Amyers
10-28-2015, 03:36 PM
you've got it now it's about figuring out which balls are "the little better". It's not the difference between 200 and 250 but it can be the difference between 4 strikes in a game and 5 or 6. The real issue with the Mastermind is every other ball I've owned as I moved my feet and target left I could move the break point left. Not with it. It doesn't matter if I'm throwing over 12 or over 20 the break point has to be outside of 8 or it's going through the nose. Playing 12 to 8 I'm ok, 15 to 8 becomes a shot I can only hit sporadically, left of that to 8 maybe 1 out of 4.

Tony
10-31-2015, 02:44 AM
Monday Night Businessmen's League 10/26/15 Synthetic Lanes

I was asked to sub on this league for a friend of mine that is out for a while. I bowl in this house occasionally so I am somewhat familiar with their patterns but apparently they use a shorter version in this league.

Game 1- 159- Yuck this is really sucking I started off with the Mastermind Einstein but I just couldn't control it on this pattern unfortunately I spent the first game trying to adjust instead of just changing balls.

Game 2-190- Switched to the Arson low flare was still having control issues but not nearly as bad. Spare shooting was good.

Game 3-192- Score wasn't higher but actually bowled much better put all of my shots in the pocket just zip on the carry.

I'm beginning to think trying to bowl with the Mastermind is destroying my bowling game. The ball refuses to hold the pocket unless I throw it across the 3rd arrow and get it out to 6-7 area which is farther right than I typically throw. I thought maybe the ball was starting to tone down a little but now I'm thinking not. I'm going to talk to my PSO about it today and see what he suggests because it's just not working out for me.

The mastermind was one of the balls they had at a demo day a short time back and It seemed to play in a similar way for me, If I played 25 over 2nd arrow it was way too long and I had to move way left. One of the Brunswick reps watched and suggested I move out to 30-35 and throw over 3rd arrow aiming at the 10 pin, the ball would end up out around 5 before it turned back in toward the pocket. I tried it a several times and I think once or twice it zoomed back into the pocket for a strike but the other times left some splits and ugly spare shots. I didn't like playing that deep at all. Have you changed the surface on the ball yet?

Amyers
11-02-2015, 12:24 PM
The mastermind was one of the balls they had at a demo day a short time back and It seemed to play in a similar way for me, If I played 25 over 2nd arrow it was way too long and I had to move way left. One of the Brunswick reps watched and suggested I move out to 30-35 and throw over 3rd arrow aiming at the 10 pin, the ball would end up out around 5 before it turned back in toward the pocket. I tried it a several times and I think once or twice it zoomed back into the pocket for a strike but the other times left some splits and ugly spare shots. I didn't like playing that deep at all. Have you changed the surface on the ball yet?

Well part of the problem is me being an idiot as usual. I bowl in four different houses 2 with wood lanes and 2 with synthetics. In two of the houses I was having difficulty generating enough angle to strike on the fresh consistently as I wanted 1 wood 1 synthetic. The synthetic house puts out a rather heavy pattern and the Mastermind Einstein is performing pretty well there. On the wood house I've decided it just isn't going to work the house puts out a relatively high amount of oil but the back ends just fly with aggressive equipment.. My Virtual Gravity Pearl would work but it is very skid/flip for me and when it works it works but when it doesn't it's a disaster waiting to happen. My idea was to get a medium ball that was stronger than my Arson Low Flare but a step below the VG and a little more even on the back. Then I threw the Einstein and fell in love with it at a different house but the one I threw probably had 40-50 games on it so I'm sure it has toned down a little. What I ended up with is a ball that is more aggressive than the Virtual Gravity although it is more even which I like.

I haven't changed the surface yet I was going to talk to the PSO about it last week but he was out while I was there. I'm just don't think it's going to help much. If I would add surface take it 2k it's just going to reduce the back end some but that's just going to make the ball hook more total boards and I'm not sure that would really help. If I take it to 4k or polish it I think I'm just going to make it even closer to the VG. I'm still going to talk with him about it and get his opinion but I don't see an easy fix there and the ball is working in the 1 house.

I tried to kill two birds with one stone but ended up finding out that in this case it was two different issues. The wood house requires a lot of angle to score but that ball is just too much for that one. I do feel a little better about it my teammate who is a 220+ average guy basically did the same thing a week after I got my Mastermind he bought a 900 Global Respect and we've both been trying to make it work and both finally came to the conclusion that they are just too much ball for that house (should have been obvious to us 2 weeks ago) so even very good bowlers make mistakes and think they'll adjust themselves to it and can't. Eventually I may pick something else up for that house but I'm just going to live with the Arson Low Flare there for now.

Tony
11-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Well part of the problem is me being an idiot as usual. I bowl in four different houses 2 with wood lanes and 2 with synthetics. In two of the houses I was having difficulty generating enough angle to strike on the fresh consistently as I wanted 1 wood 1 synthetic. The synthetic house puts out a rather heavy pattern and the Mastermind Einstein is performing pretty well there. On the wood house I've decided it just isn't going to work the house puts out a relatively high amount of oil but the back ends just fly with aggressive equipment.. My Virtual Gravity Pearl would work but it is very skid/flip for me and when it works it works but when it doesn't it's a disaster waiting to happen. My idea was to get a medium ball that was stronger than my Arson Low Flare but a step below the VG and a little more even on the back. Then I threw the Einstein and fell in love with it at a different house but the one I threw probably had 40-50 games on it so I'm sure it has toned down a little. What I ended up with is a ball that is more aggressive than the Virtual Gravity although it is more even which I like.

I haven't changed the surface yet I was going to talk to the PSO about it last week but he was out while I was there. I'm just don't think it's going to help much. If I would add surface take it 2k it's just going to reduce the back end some but that's just going to make the ball hook more total boards and I'm not sure that would really help. If I take it to 4k or polish it I think I'm just going to make it even closer to the VG. I'm still going to talk with him about it and get his opinion but I don't see an easy fix there and the ball is working in the 1 house.

I tried to kill two birds with one stone but ended up finding out that in this case it was two different issues. The wood house requires a lot of angle to score but that ball is just too much for that one. I do feel a little better about it my teammate who is a 220+ average guy basically did the same thing a week after I got my Mastermind he bought a 900 Global Respect and we've both been trying to make it work and both finally came to the conclusion that they are just too much ball for that house (should have been obvious to us 2 weeks ago) so even very good bowlers make mistakes and think they'll adjust themselves to it and can't. Eventually I may pick something else up for that house but I'm just going to live with the Arson Low Flare there for now.

I can certainly understand , every ball can't be tuned to give you what you need at every house, sometimes the conditions are just too different. The surface modifications you suggested certainly have helped with balls we have talked about and I notice that you mention going to 2000 reducing the back end and giving more total boards. Somewhere I read it and it bears out with the gold rhino ball, they said changing the surface wouldn't change the number of boards of hook for a given ball with same conditions / delivery but would only change when and how the hook takes place. Of course that doesn't make a strong ball any weaker so I can see where their might be no adjustment that would help. I can't help but think you will find a surface and use for the ball even if it doesn't fill the spots you were hoping to fill.

Amyers
11-02-2015, 03:36 PM
I can certainly understand , every ball can't be tuned to give you what you need at every house, sometimes the conditions are just too different. The surface modifications you suggested certainly have helped with balls we have talked about and I notice that you mention going to 2000 reducing the back end and giving more total boards. Somewhere I read it and it bears out with the gold rhino ball, they said changing the surface wouldn't change the number of boards of hook for a given ball with same conditions / delivery but would only change when and how the hook takes place. Of course that doesn't make a strong ball any weaker so I can see where their might be no adjustment that would help. I can't help but think you will find a surface and use for the ball even if it doesn't fill the spots you were hoping to fill.

Oh I will use it still I think it's going to be my main ball at one house. I may try it at 2k usually that low of a grit with my ball speed doesn't make for a good match. It depends on how you think about it and how your measuring hook if there is a change or not. In my humble opinion more surface equals more total hook less backend less surface less total hook greater backend. Think of it this way move right with a surfaced ball say 1000 grit just until it hits the 7 pin thrown down 2 or 3 board polish the same ball stand in the same place and try to get it to hit the 7 again. I've tried this the ball will end up right of the 7 pin every time. The earlier a ball hooks the more boards it's going to cover because the angle is set earlier and has longer time to move.

Amyers
11-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Sunday All-Star League Scratch 11/22/15 Synthetic Lanes and Wood Approaches Challenge Pattern

We started off the day in 3d place with two weeks left in the first half of the season. Again for the second week we drew the home team again.

Game 1- 159 Started off terrible. Was working with the ball higher in my stance as I had worked with my coach on but as usual things that work in practice seem to fail in execution at show time. I've found that with the ball higher in the stance it does increase ball speed some but it also tends for me have less wrist cup and my hand in a poorer position to rev the ball. No matter where I moved the ball came in weak. Would have most likely lost this match anyway as my opponent shot 279.

Game 2- 189 Went back to my normal stance and it improved. Was pissed at myself for this one I should have shot 200+ but threw a terrible shot that went Brooklyn in the 10th that would have given me a chance to take the point lost 189-205

Game 3- 212 Won this point easily. 178-212

Match#2

Our luck improved instead of drawing the home team we drew the #1 team in the league. This team consists of 1 PWBA bowler and two guys who are staffers for Radical and Brunswick

Game 1- 178- I think my opponent was trying to make some changes that didn't work he got off to a slow start. Won 178-156

Game 2- 203- Threw the ball well in this match but two splits kept the score down still won the point 203-187

Game 3- 228- My opponent started on fire starting with a turkey and I knew I was going to have to kick it up a notch. I struck out to win the match 228-221

So first series over 600 in a while and took all three points can't beat that

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the scoring sheets at the end so I'm not sure exact numbers but the team didn't fare well in either match.

Aslan
11-24-2015, 03:33 PM
but as usual things that work in practice seem to fail in execution at show time.
Yup. Been there, done that.

I got a lesson tonight...I'm sure I'll leave thinking, "Eureka! My bowling game is fixed!!" I will then proceed to throw a sub-600 series Wednesday on lanes that a blind monkey should be able to shoot 150.

Amyers
12-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Update before my latest coaching session

I had my first lesson with a coach about three weeks ago. The main thing I took from it was changing my stance a little to hold the ball up higher. The purpose was to help increase ball speed. It may have helped some not the transformation I would like but has added about 1/2 mile per hour. It has also had the effect of limiting the cup on my wrist some which has helped the ball not start so early and opened the lanes up for me. I haven't had any spectacular series a few low 600's, more 580+ and I don't think I've had any sub 550 since my lesson. So maybe at the least it has put a floor under my game.

One of my pet peeves with him is that he wants me to determine what we work on for the lesson. Unfortunately I kind of fell like if I knew what was wrong I would have fixed it myself lol. I still feel my ball speed is an issue sub 12 mph, I still have trouble carrying corner pins as much as I feel like I should, and my release still feels inconsistent at times. So lesson 2 tonight still not sure what to try and fix.

Aslan
12-09-2015, 02:29 PM
One of my pet peeves with him is that he wants me to determine what we work on for the lesson. Unfortunately I kind of fell like if I knew what was wrong I would have fixed it myself lol. I still feel my ball speed is an issue sub 12 mph, I still have trouble carrying corner pins as much as I feel like I should, and my release still feels inconsistent at times. So lesson 2 tonight still not sure what to try and fix.

It's important with coaching that you are aware of your game and specific issues you're struggling with. I know you're more aware than most, but many bowlers go to a lesson expecting the coach to make them better...but when asked about their weaknesses, they can't answer because they don't believe they have any. And if they don't, why get coached?

For example, two lessons ago (Coach A), I talked about how my single-pin spare shooting was below average and I was having trouble reading the pattern and knowing what ball to use when. For my lesson on Saturday (Coach B), I mentioned that I was having trouble knowing how LOW to get in my stance and was still struggling to keep that first step smaller.

Now, is that all we worked on at the lessons? Nope. With Coach A, we worked on the spare shooting and talked about ball progression issues, but much of the lesson was looking at spine tilt and my tendency to "pop up" at the end (I blame years of watching and trying to emulate WRW). With Coach B we ended up talking about the "getting low" issue but moved on to talk about release issues he noticed.

So, long story long, I try to stay aware of my game and where I'm struggling so that I can at least start the conversation with some issues I've been having...and then from watching me roll, I expect the coach will help fix those items while at the same time looking out for other potential issues.

But, I'm spoiled because between my two regular coaches and my one "occasional coach" (a.k.a. RobM), I'm dealing with 3 coaches that are silver certified and have made the Bowling Journal Top 100 coaches list at least once in the last 3 years. If I was just getting lessons from less credentialed coaches, I might lower my expectations accordingly.

Amyers
12-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Went bowling for my Thursday night youth/adult league and threw a couple of practice games with the wife before league.

Practice games:

219 and 225 everything looked great 20 clean frames not sure if I've ever done that before.

League:

158,155,177 How does this happen? everything looked great in practice was on different lanes but same general oil (at least as close as it ever gets in this house). Couldn't find a line with the Mastermind Einstein to save my life. Light hit adjust comes high. Wanted to try the Virtual gravity but had the thumb adjusted couldn't find the tape I just bought and this league is doubles so I was at the end of the 2nd game before I found the tape and got it in the ball. It was some better but same general issue I should have moved right with the arson low flare much earlier. Who knows sometimes I hate this game.

To top it off had a flat tire on the way home :mad:

JasonNJ
12-11-2015, 10:33 AM
158,155,177 How does this happen? everything looked great in practice was on different lanes but same general oil (at least as close as it ever gets in this house). Couldn't find a line with the Mastermind Einstein to save my life. Light hit adjust comes high. Wanted to try the Virtual gravity but had the thumb adjusted couldn't find the tape I just bought and this league is doubles so I was at the end of the 2nd game before I found the tape and got it in the ball. It was some better but same general issue I should have moved right with the arson low flare much earlier. Who knows sometimes I hate this game.

Sorry about the tough night but I guess this is a perfect example of the lanes will tell you how to play. May I suggest for practice before league is that you concentrate of form and timing instead of score. So maybe with the full rack shoot just for the 10 pin, then on the 2nd ball you throw your strike ball. That way you get to practice both your line and your spare shooting.

vdubtx
12-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Hate when practice doesn't translate to competing. Keep at it Amyers. Shake it off.

Amyers
12-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Sorry about the tough night but I guess this is a perfect example of the lanes will tell you how to play. May I suggest for practice before league is that you concentrate of form and timing instead of score. So maybe with the full rack shoot just for the 10 pin, then on the 2nd ball you throw your strike ball. That way you get to practice both your line and your spare shooting.

I do have a normal practice routine. I used practice in basically describing non league bowling. If I'm practicing spare shooting or working on mechanics I don't keep score.

fortheloveofbowling
12-11-2015, 06:03 PM
490 and a flat tire.....brutal night.

Timmyb
12-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Went bowling for my Thursday night youth/adult league and threw a couple of practice games with the wife before league.

Practice games:

219 and 225 everything looked great 20 clean frames not sure if I've ever done that before.

League:

Just a thought-do you always throw two games before you bowl league? I bowled two series this week, and had trouble holding the ball in the last 1.5 games. Basically out of gas. I only throw 4-6 shots in practice before league on a regular night.

Aslan
12-12-2015, 01:44 AM
490 and a flat tire.....brutal night.

Yeah. First night of Tuesday league last winter season, my car was running funny after getting back from sweeps in Vegas. I figured the AC was just on the fritz; no big deal. Well, turns out whatever was fried due to the AC, also was linked into the fan that cools that engine. So, just before I got on the freeway, the car started smoking and I had to get it towed. Had to call the league secretary and tell her I was going to miss the first week.

I figured that was a pretty bad bowling night...but after reading your's, I guess I'm thankful I didn't bowl...I'd have probably threw a 445 and been even more ticked off. :mad:

Tony
12-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a really rough session, low bowling scores and a flat tire ! I've had a few of the low scores myself but the flat tire is really the kicker.

Next trip to the bowling center is sure to be better than the last, go back soon and you'll feel much better !

Amyers
08-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Well haven't posted in here for a while. I ended up the fall season with some semi serious pain in the knee that just wouldn't go away and missed most of the summer recouping from that. I am still taking physical therapy three days a week but have decided that it's time to get spun up for fall season. I have engaged in some practice and two small tournaments in my return results below.

Wednesday Night Sport Shot Tournament:

This is a small tournament (19 bowlers) bowled in my older wood house that's pretty close to bowling old school pot games. The pattern was Chameleon on this night which played extremely difficult.

174-168-119= 461 In retrospect maybe bowling my first tournament back after working with my coach for almost two hours was a bad idea but I was in 6th after which would have made the cut after the first two games. Unfortunately I was just completely out of gas for the last game and had shifted to lanes 1+2 for that game where I just couldn't find anything that worked.

Saturday night No Tap Tournament

This is a well attended (36 bowlers) 9 pin no tap tournament held on wood lanes but in better condition than the other house.

231-239-256=726 I made a couple of mistakes that cost me in each of the first two games but I was throwing pretty well and either of those games would have been a respectable score even on regular conditions. The last game I was flawless putting the ball in the pocket unfortunately I made the mistake of not adjusting after leaving back to back weak 10's in 5th and 6th frames and just figure why move it's no tap anyway then left a 8-10 split in the 7th. I made a 2-1 adjustment left and striked out to end the game but that open nocked me to 4th where I would have one the tournament with a strike. Still cleared my entry fee plus enough to pay for my drinks so I was happy.

All in all it was a lot of fun and it's just great to be able to bowl again.

Amyers
08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Wednesday Night Sport Shot Tournament:

We bowled on the old version of Scorpion 41ft

169-168-179= 516 Well I had higher scores than last week on the Chameleon pattern unfortunately so did everyone else. Honestly I never had a great look on this shot seemed like every adjustment either put me light or high and neither carried. My spare shooting was more suspect than usual as I missed a 7,10 and two 6-10 spares on the night with the conversions I would have made the cut. You can't bowl with only one double on the night and have below average spare shooting and make the cut. It really doesn't help that my entire arsenal was in the proshop to have the grips replaced and the only balls I had was the Einstein and my spare ball.

This was the last one of these for the summer and I really wanted to make the cut but we don't always get what we want. I'll try again Friday in my tournament at Colonial Lanes.

Aslan
08-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Being in the 500s on a sport shot is still really good. I spent most of my time in the sport shot league scoring in the 114-161 range...which was reather defeating when you conisder the team gets 165 pins/game if I didn't show up. :o

Amyers
08-18-2016, 08:47 AM
Being in the 500s on a sport shot is still really good. I spent most of my time in the sport shot league scoring in the 114-161 range...which was reather defeating when you conisder the team gets 165 pins/game if I didn't show up. :o

I think the real kicker was I bowled in a couple of pot games before we started against the guy who won the tournament and beat him in both.

Amyers
08-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Saturday Night No Tap Tournament

After the meeting for my Saturday night league they decided to have a no tap tournament. Unfortunately I started off poorly and nocked myself out before I ever started. I have been having some issues with projecting the ball to the right since my return from the knee injury. When it happens it usually last 4 to 5 frames. It isn't really a pull just that I seem to have my shoulder/hips more closed for some reason. Then it goes away after a while. Score were 169-258-267=694 you just aren't going to recover after a sub 200 game against these guys no matter how well you bowl the other 2 games.

Amyers
08-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Wednesday Night Mens League (Wood Lanes longer pattern)

New night, new team for me this year. I subbed for this team some last year and have bowled in the past with a couple of these guys on other leagues. I believe we will have the strongest team in the house so we should be good as long as we don't get handicapped to death.

Game1- 190 started off hot but seemed to lose my line a little and started coming in light about midway though the game. I made a small adjustment right and struck then one took off on me and left a 4-7-10 next ball was a bad shot leaving a 5-8 but the five pin had moved left out of position I hit the 5 but cut it right and chopped the spare. Struck out in the 10th to salvage the 190

Game2- 213 bowled well this game only one bad shot I think I got behind the transition and left another 4-7-10

Game3- 203 struggled with the transition a bit this game before getting it figured out rolled 4 in a row but I did chop a 6-10 in this game.

I won't complain about anything 600+ especially on a night where I wasn't perfect. I didn't miss the head pin all night most of my balls were at least close to the pocket except the 2 splits. Spare shooting was a little suspect but I'm looking forward to my other two leagues which also start this week. Team took all three points.

Amyers
08-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Saturday Night Mixed League (Wood Lanes)

Same team as last year on this one. This is a big league for here anyway 27-28 teams this year. This team tends to go as our wives go as we both bowl with our wives they have a good night we win they have a bad night we lose. Finished 4th or 5th last year.

Game1- 180 It wasn't super hot but the humidity was crazy inside you felt sticky as soon as you walked in. I immediately had to take all the thumb tape out of my thumb hole (4 pieces) and still struggled with getting the Danger Zone off my fingers (yes even my fingers were swollen). I switched to the new Rhino I just bought which has slightly larger finger grips in it. Unfortunately that's not really the ball I would choose for this house. Carry was the issue of the day put numerous shots in the pocket and basically had my choice if I wanted to leave the 8 or the 10.

Game2- 203 Basically more of the same but was clean.

Game3- 183 I did manage a double this game but had a 4-7-10 to go along with it.

Considering the conditions I guess I'll take it. I'm not sure how sold I am on the Rhino yet but I'll try not to judge it too much as this wasn't the conditions I bought it for. My luck with low differential balls has not been good. I had a Hammer Arson low flare that I could really put in the pocket but just left too many pins so far this ball seems to be fitting the same bill but it's early. The team did take all 4 games so I'll take my 566 and go home.

Aslan
08-24-2016, 05:31 PM
(yes even my fingers were swollen).

Benn there. I don't complain too much about humidity and heat...because I realize California heat ain't nothin like most other places...probably ALL other places...our 108 degree days aren't as bad as Arizona and Nevada summer days...and our humidity is usually south of 50%. But I will say...that there have been a couple times I have had to actually go in and get a new finger insert 1-2 steps bigger because it was hurting my ring finger. And I have like 7 VISE thumb inserts...the smallest 4 almost never get used. Maybe December through February I get down to the 2nd smallest one...on a cold day...if I'm on a successful diet run....but thats rare.

Amyers
08-25-2016, 01:01 PM
Wednesday Night Mens League (Wood Lanes longer pattern)

Week 2 for this league. I had a really good look in practice which always worries me because it usually goes away for me with the first frame lol. The pattern played a little wetter today than it did last week which doesn't bother me but made a few of my teammates struggle a bit.

Game 1- 180 started off with a double and then it went to crap. I think I missed an early transition threw a couple of bad spare shots ended up with 3 opens out of the next 5 frames then made an adjustment and finished 9/ and then struck out to half way salvage the game. Really should have been 220+ in this one.

Game 2- 227 Started off with another double had a few that didn't carry one bad shot for an open then struck out on the last 5 balls after another adjustment

Game 3- 194 Opened the first two frames made another adjustment which put me back in the pocket but just wasn't carrying. Should have switched to the Rhino maybe at this point but haven't practiced with it enough to be willing to do it with the game on the line yet. Stuck with what I had made my spares and got enough for the win.

I refuse to complain about anything over 600 so I won't but I could have had more with a little faster adjustments and maybe a ball change at the end. I also missed some spares that I normally don't 7 pin and a 6-10 on the night. The team took 2 out of 3 so we are 5-1 so far on the year. Average is 202 so far on this one.

Amyers
09-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Saturday Night Mixed League (Wood Lanes) 8/27

Scores were 192-188-204

The air was better still struggles to find a good look all night but the spare shooting was good so I put up respectable numbers. Team went 3-1 on the night

Amyers
09-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Wednesday Night Mens League (Wood Lanes longer pattern) 8/31

Week 3 for this league. I worked with my coach for about an hour before the start of league and wondered how my knee would handle all of the bowling but everything went fine even if I was a little tired towards the end. The pattern seemed even wetter this week than the previous week so it was right in my wheel house.

Game-1 213- This game should have been a lot higher but I let off on the speed a little on the first shot in the tenth and the ball went high and left a split otherwise a great game.

Game-2 236- about the same as the first game without the split

Game-3 214- Transition kicked in and I think I got behind just a little resulting in a lot of 9/ instead of strikes but still did well

At this point unless some of us go into big slumps I think there are only 1 or 2 at most teams that can contend with us. Two of our guys had slightly off nights for them and we still won each game by over 100 pins. 3-0 on the night and 8-1 on the year 663 is high series for the year so far!!!

Aslan
09-07-2016, 03:45 AM
Looks like someone has found their A-Game!!

bowl1820
09-07-2016, 10:29 AM
You had a nice set too!

manke
09-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Nice rolling Aymers!!

mc_runner
09-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Nice series : )

Amyers
09-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Thanks Guys

Amyers
09-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Allen Lao Benefit Tournament No Tap (Wood Lanes) 9/3

This was a No Tap tournament to benefit a friend of mine who bowls many leagues in this house for years. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and has no family in the area. This tournament was handicapped as well an No Tap so the weaker bowlers really have an advantage in this format.

Game 1- 223- Seemed to have issues holding the pocket didn't bowl terrible but it wasn't good

Game 2- 223- Pretty much the same results and score. I've been having issues finding a dependable line in this house everything is over under and it doesn't seem to matter which line or ball I use.

Game 3- 179- Couple of splits and that ends the story here.

I bowled like crap the winner had like 916 so it really didn't matter if I'd bowled well I would still have lost. The upside is we raised over $4000 for Allen and everyone had a good time. Everyone except the guy that came in second donated their winnings back to Allen including the 50/50 winner which was over $300. Needless to say I was impressed.

Amyers
09-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Saturday Night Mixed League (Wood Lanes) 9/3

Welcome to the being stupid edition of Amyers Scores. In the past stronger equipment played to cover boards was the way to score in this house and so far I just haven't been able to play that way as their just hasn't been enough oil. I decided that I was going to play my stronger balls and pitch the ball right regardless on this night. As those who read my posts know I have slower ball speed I can hit 12-12.5 on a good day for a few balls usually but my average is about 11-.11.5 and sometimes lower. Why I decide on this path in retrospect I have no idea especially after bowling a tournament earlier in the afternoon three games at 1:00 and then 3 games at 6:00 is not my specialty I'd rather just bowl 6 games. You can see the results below.

Game 1- 145 Multiple splits no matter how much I tried to change my hand position and take out of the ball it just wouldn't hold spare shooting wasn't great either. Used the Danger Zone during this game.

Game 2- 159 Tried moving farther left the ball hooked early. Changed to the Frantic that wasn't any better I had 5 splits in this game.

Game 3- 193 Finally sent my daughter out to the car and had her bring my Rhino in and shot a ok game with it still had 2 splits in this game.

The team won all four points but shot 497 on the night for the first really bad series of the season. I know better than trying to make the lanes take what I want to do rather than listen to what they tell me but at least I didn't cost my team any points as I was bailed out by our anchor having a good night and my wife having a good night unfortunately that meant having to listen to her gloat all the way home over beating me for the night.

Amyers
09-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Wednesday Night Mens League (Wood Lanes longer pattern) 9/7

Well after Saturdays debacle I decided I wouldn't make those mistakes anytime again soon. I really concentrated on keeping up with the transition and making changes at the first sign I needed too

Game 1- 208- first ball was a strike the went high leaving the 6-10 on the next made a 2-1 had a double then stone 8, strike, ringing 10, strike, ringing 10 again, double just the way it went I was absolutely flushing the ball in the pocket but just couldn't get more than a double the game was clean. Used the Danger Zone in this one.

Game 2- 169- a coupe of shots went high but I converted the spare knew I needed to move so I decided to change to the Frantic. The first two balls went high again leaving the 3-6-10 which I normally convert and I missed both I adjusted 2-1 and the ball didn't come back leaving a mess that I also didn't convert. Decided to tighten the line up moved 1-1 right and boom struck out to salvage the game somewhat. I need to practice moving from the Danger Zone to the Frantic more it's new and I don't have it figure out quite yet obviously.

Game 3- 253- Turkey, 4 pin moved 2-1 left, bad ball pulled it leaving 5-6-8-9-10 some how, 5 bagger, stone 9 in the 2nd ball of the tenth which I missed clean game.

So 630 on the night could have been a lot more with a little carry in the first game and a better ball switch in the 2nd game or if I would have just converted the 3-6-10's. Not sure what was up with that. One of them was a perfect shot just missed the 3 pin some how the second was a bad ball. Team won the first game by 1 pin, killed them in the second game, we lost the last game by 1 pin and yes that miss on the 9 pin will haunt me for a while. Still 2-1 makes are record 10-2 on a night when a lot of my teammates didn't bowl well I'll take it.