PDA

View Full Version : Sweepers

tccstudent
06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
He you go Totally Defiant
I bowl several of these a year.
Most around here are either 6,8,or 12 game but I do know of a 24 game that comes around once in a while.
Most are not actually sanctioned
You will move one pair after every game.
Highest total pinfall wins Generally pays 1in 5 or 6 places

This is what is posted from the last one that I did

12 Game Marathon (OverNight)
November 23rd 11pm-7am
1st Guaranteed $1200.00
With 42 entries
1 in 5 ratio
Format: Bowl 12 games moving 1 pair to your right after each game
80% of 210
$110 entry fee
Brackets
High Pots
Limit 42 Bowlers
WILL NOT BE A HOUSE SHOT

I have a 8 game coming up on July 4th that I plan on doing

TotallyDefiant
06-14-2014, 04:49 PM
See the one that I was told about going on tonight is a 3 game series consisting of different colored pins. 16 dollar entry. All I have been told is I could win money and that's it

tccstudent
06-14-2014, 05:29 PM
that not a sweeper thats color-rama some places may call it monte carlo

Typically colored head pin is a dollar
splits will be worth money too if you can pick them up
there will be ticket sold for strikes shots
Go try it out it can be fun

TotallyDefiant
06-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Hopefully I can get them to explain it to me a little bit better once I get there at 615.

MICHAEL
06-15-2014, 10:38 AM
that not a sweeper thats color-rama some places may call it monte carlo

Typically colored head pin is a dollar
splits will be worth money too if you can pick them up
there will be ticket sold for strikes shots
Go try it out it can be fun

On a side note, the Gladstone Bowling lanes where I bowl have a few color pins mixed in on every lane, ,,, any time on league night it comes up as a ONE PIN, and you get a strike,,,,,you win a FREE GAME!

Sort of nice,,,,, I have won as many on one afternoon, 3 games! just a little thing they do at Gladstone,,, they also give a free game for seniors when you bowl a high game, or series!

I think I am going to like this privately owned bowling alley! They run a ship!!

TotallyDefiant
06-16-2014, 09:16 AM
On a side note, the Gladstone Bowling lanes where I bowl have a few color pins mixed in on every lane, ,,, any time on league night it comes up as a ONE PIN, and you get a strike,,,,,you win a FREE GAME!

Sort of nice,,,,, I have won as many on one afternoon, 3 games! just a little thing they do at Gladstone,,, they also give a free game for seniors when you bowl a high game, or series!

I think I am going to like this privately owned bowling alley! They run a ship!!

That would be awesome if my house done that. I did bowl in what they called a sweeper Saturday night with the colored pins. Did not bowl worth a crap yet again and honestly did not even have any fun. Only won 3 of my 16 dollars back for picking up spares.

bowl1820
06-16-2014, 10:09 AM

You have to watch out If they have colored pins in the rack during sanctioned league play.

Because a lot of them are not certified for sanctioned league play. Which could cost you a honor score or game etc. if someone wanted to pushed it.

That and colored pins are lot of times older, more worn pins than the others in the rack, so might not carry as good.

MICHAEL
06-16-2014, 10:24 AM
You have to watch out If they have colored pins in the rack during sanctioned league play.

Because a lot of them are not certified for sanctioned league play. Which could cost you a honor score or game etc. if someone wanted to pushed it.

That and colored pins are lot of times older, more worn pins than the others in the rack, so might not carry as good.

thanks,,,,, I WILL CHECK THAT OUT TUESDAY! They, ( all 3 leagues that I bowl at Gladstone are sanctioned leagues ), does anyone anymore really even check on the pins, or even the oil??????? I doubt it! In my short time bowling, I have never heard of the bowling officials coming in to check anything???

I thought to myself, maybe the paint might actually make the pins less effective, or deflect in a different direction due to the surface of the paint ??????

These lanes are notorious for poor carry, and 10 7 leaves! But do have some damn good scores, even a 300 on the Friday afternoon seniors league

mc_runner
06-16-2014, 10:29 AM
I think they come around once a year at least to make sure sanctioned centers are in fact using sanctioned equipment. I could be wrong?

MICHAEL
06-16-2014, 10:40 AM
I think they come around once a year at least to make sure sanctioned centers are in fact using sanctioned equipment. I could be wrong?

I will find out if they do indeed check out this alley, and if they are sanctioned pins?? Lean something new every day!!!

MICHAEL
06-16-2014, 10:46 AM

I would give my IQ pearl for THAT JOB!! Going around checking out equipment and pins!!! traveling all over the country hitting thousands of bowling establishments!

I wonder if anyone has every bowled at every establishment in the United States, to set a record in Ripley's Believe it or not,,, or Guiness Book or Records?

manke
06-17-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they only check if there are a lot of honor counts to make sure everything is leagal.

RobLV1
06-17-2014, 06:15 PM
There's actually a neat book that a friend gave me called, "Bowling Across America - 50 States in Rented Shoes," Written by Mike Walsh, published by St. Martin's Press.