PDA

View Full Version : Byte vs Dealdly Aim

MICHAEL
06-17-2014, 09:41 PM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/bowlingscores61714_zps52b446db.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/bowlingscores61714_zps52b446db.jpg.html)

First game not so hot,,, used the Byte,,, (funny thing during warm up I was throwing nothing but strikes,,, ASK Gene2u,,,, I bowl with him Tuesday nights). then when the game started, (remember I bowl the inside with the Storm Byte, to strong for me to use outside)!

To erratic!! just couldn't seem to be consistent with it! I know its going to be a super ball, I just need to practice throwing across the lane!!
Bowling the inside will be a blast to learn,,,, It has a great move, fun to watch,,, (NEW FOR ICEMAN,,, I NEVER PLAY FAR LEFT, and SHOOT 3 and 4 arrow)

Then I PULLED OUT THE MAJIC BALL,,, my DEADLY-Aim! 233, second game, missed a easy spare in the 10,,, grrrrrrrr!!!!$%#$!!!

Final game 258,,, all strikes but two! for a 258. The second two games I played the outside, 12/10 for target! I wish I would have pulled it out the first game, would have had a 700 series! It just worked, and got even better in the 3rd game!!

We were bowling the vacant, and did win all 4 games... 161, 233, 258 = 652

Amyers
06-17-2014, 10:02 PM
I think you're going to have to spend some practice time with that ball (byte). It takes a while to really get the hang of throwing on the inside portion of the lane.

When you are throwing accross 15 (3rd arrow) what board are you getting out too? I think that's the hardest part to learn it's not just which arrow you go across with the ball it's where it is at when you hit the break point. I have a tendency to be to closed until I really get used your playing inside. You may be having a similar issue.

When your on the outside your break point is very close to where you cross the arrows when your inside it can vary a lot. I can throw accross the third or between 3rd an 4th and just cross right in front of the pocket or I can get it all the way out to 5 maybe farther but then I'm risking the gutter.

MICHAEL
06-18-2014, 12:34 AM
with the deadly aim, I stand with my right foot center of dots..... the deadly aim does a sweet gradual sweep to the pocket.... not a whipping, hocking stick movement! Its one hell of a ball! My good bowling friend Gene, who is a great bowler, 220 up average, said tonight,,, " I am going to get one of them!" IT carried pins and hit the pocket super hard!

We shall see if it works as well tomorrow! My problem is I have about dozen new good balls, ,,,,, I,,,,I don't get a good chance to really break any of them in.... LOL.... I keep buying news ones for ,,,,,, WhAT eVeR ReAsOn????????? I need help!! LOL

Sourtower
06-18-2014, 11:39 AM
with the deadly aim, I stand with my right foot center of dots..... the deadly aim does a sweet gradual sweep to the pocket.... not a whipping, hocking stick movement! Its one hell of a ball! My good bowling friend Gene, who is a great bowler, 220 up average, said tonight,,, " I am going to get one of them!" IT carried pins and hit the pocket super hard!

We shall see if it works as well tomorrow! My problem is I have about dozen new good balls, ,,,,, I,,,,I don't get a good chance to really break any of them in.... LOL.... I keep buying news ones for ,,,,,, WhAT eVeR ReAsOn????????? I need help!! LOL

Thanks for all the info on the Deadly Aim. My Storm Zero Gravity which I bought in April cracked around the thumb hole last week. I took it to the pro shop I bought it from and after calling the Storm distributor for the shop, they are going to give me a credit for how much I paid for the Zero Gravity. Also, Storm has 60 days to decide if they'll want the Zero Gravity back or not so I could end up with 2 bowling balls. I'm leaning towards getting the Deadly Aim because I need something in between my Zero Gravity and my Assassin. Otherwise I might wait for the Optimus, Hyroad Solid, Black Widow Legend, or one of those new Roto Grip bowling balls they're announcing in a couple weeks.

Amyers
06-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks for all the info on the Deadly Aim. My Storm Zero Gravity which I bought in April cracked around the thumb hole last week. I took it to the pro shop I bought it from and after calling the Storm distributor for the shop, they are going to give me a credit for how much I paid for the Zero Gravity. Also, Storm has 60 days to decide if they'll want the Zero Gravity back or not so I could end up with 2 bowling balls. I'm leaning towards getting the Deadly Aim because I need something in between my Zero Gravity and my Assassin. Otherwise I might wait for the Optimus, Hyroad Solid, Black Widow Legend, or one of those new Roto Grip bowling balls they're announcing in a couple weeks.

SO many balls so little time!!!

MICHAEL
06-18-2014, 12:17 PM
I just rough up the Byte with a 4000! Will see how it works this afternoon and get back! Only taking the Deadly Aim, and Byte,,,, plus spare ball.

Amyers
06-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Did you use your Byte today in league? If so how did it go?

MICHAEL
06-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Did you use your Byte today in league? If so how did it go?

You know the Deadly Aim that I pulled out Tuesday night second and third game worked soooooooo good that I decided to hold off on the BYTE till I get more comfortable, with playing the inside! It's a heck of a ball, (the BYTE) Just need to get a little more mileage on it, and playing the inside!

It has the same movement that the Demo ball on Storm day here in Kansas city, and playing the inside shooting at 3 and 4 arrow worked unbelievable that day, not just on two different lanes but on 4.

Its just a matter of time, I will keep you posted on how it works out!

The one I threw on demo day looked like it has a lot of use!!!! So I expect I need to get mine broken in!

Amyers
06-19-2014, 10:23 PM
You know the Deadly Aim that I pulled out Tuesday night second and third game worked soooooooo good that I decided to hold off on the BYTE till I get more comfortable, with playing the inside! It's a heck of a ball, (the BYTE) Just need to get a little more mileage on it, and playing the inside!

It has the same movement that the Demo ball on Storm day here in Kansas city, and playing the inside shooting at 3 and 4 arrow worked unbelievable that day, not just on two different lanes but on 4.

Its just a matter of time, I will keep you posted on how it works out!

The one I threw on demo day looked like it has a lot of use!!!! So I expect I need to get mine broken in!

Understand completely ice sometimes I can be consistent on that inside line sometimes I can't.