PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Octane

seniorMOTIVguy
06-18-2014, 09:05 PM
The Octane, wow is the first thing I said when I threw this ball. If you are looking for a ball that is long and strong, the Octane is the one. The Quadfire core (2.55RG) and the all new hybrid Agility Skid Flip Xtreme cover (.043 diff) provide length and a smooth but strong transition to the backend.

My Octane is drilled 65X5X65 which put the pin below my ring finger and I have a low weight hole. The Octane is super clean through the front due to 5000 grit laser scan polished cover but provides plenty of traction when the ball sees the dry part of the lane. I have thrown the Octane mainly on THS and the pin down layout for me has allowed me to play down and in with amazing carry through the pins. I will be drilling another. I believe this ball will give me the recovery I need when I play deeper angles to the pocket in regionals.

In summary, the Octane is by far the strongest/fastest reacting MOTIV ball I have ever thrown. The Primal Rage will handle more oil but when it is too much, the Octane will fit nicely right behind it. The black and purple color combo is sharp looking also.

Rev up your game with the Octane!!!

Carl Breaman
MOTIV Staff Member
www.motivbowling.com