PDA

View Full Version : Achieved another of my goals, finally got the monkey off my back!!!

vdubtx
06-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Had a great night bowling. Since I am not bowling as a regular member I subbed for one of my team mates from my fall league.

First ball of night was only one not in pocket, was a 7 count 1-2-4. Everything else was strike and 9 counts, 4 ten pins and 1 seven pin.

Had my coach in the back of my head all night telling me to stay slow, post my shot and stay balanced. It worked phenomenally.

Used the HyperCell all night long and never had to move but a half board when I left the 7 and 10 pin in 2nd game. Then moved back to original board in game 3.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/C6FEFE99-0127-485A-8BFD-F875FAE3A1D9_zps1y21du5a.jpg

Got my 4th goal for the 2013-14 bowling year covered.

1. 1 more 300
2. Average 220-230
3. No under 600 series on Thursday league. Almost got there for Tuesday night.
4. 800 series.

Feeling good tonight, what a rush! I knew going into 10th frame I needed a double to get it. First game bowler on other team shot a 299!!!

Amyers
06-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Congrats that's a great series

MICHAEL
06-20-2014, 12:30 AM
SWEET!!!

What NOW? LOL

Jaescrub
06-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Grats brother! Your doing great at keeping your game where you want it for now.

Amyers
06-20-2014, 12:41 AM
SWEET!!!

What NOW? LOL

850 or 900

vdubtx
06-20-2014, 01:21 AM
What NOW? LOL

More 800's of course!

Aslan
06-20-2014, 01:33 AM
dangit. I wanted to get my 800 before you and Iceman.

Now I gotta get a 900 series before you get one…and I am just NOT that lucky…

Good job VDub.

Hampe
06-20-2014, 02:32 AM
Wow, man, that's some great bowling. Glad to see your coaching lesson is already starting to pay off :)

mc_runner
06-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Awesome series and bowling! Congrats!

manke
06-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Good job!!!

tccstudent
06-20-2014, 09:44 AM
WTG Vdub

vdubtx
06-20-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks all. Sent an email to my coach last night and she responded and was so excited and proud. :) :cool:

rv driver
06-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Good job!

Bunny
06-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Nice Shootin' Tex!!

noeymc
06-20-2014, 01:47 PM
u still suck xD i kid i kid good stuff man!

hondo
06-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Awesome bowling! Congrats.

classygranny
06-20-2014, 09:46 PM
You both should be proud...coach and student!

Blacksox1
06-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Congrats on the milestone event vdubtx!

fortheloveofbowling
06-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Nice bowling, hope you have many more!

Jaescrub
06-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Bud is was in your neck of the woods this last week I should have hit you up :/

vdubtx
06-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Bud is was in your neck of the woods this last week I should have hit you up :/

Yea, you should have. Could have bowled a few games. :cool:

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 11:55 AM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/Monkey_On_Back_zps477808bd.gif (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/Monkey_On_Back_zps477808bd.gif.html)

Again GOOD Bowling!!! (:)

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 12:04 PM
You both should be proud...coach and student!

The true test of that coach, is to hand Aslan over to her!! If she can give him a 800, I will be a believer!! LOL.... A huge part of Tony's 800 was PURE RAW TALENT! Knowing that he is a 220 league bowler, it was JUST A MATTER OF TIME and it would have happened! Just like with Jason here in town. He also had a couple 800s this last fall!

Again I think it was a GREAT GIFT that his wife gave him!!!! But lets face it,,, Tony has the gift!!

I am sure coaching can be of great value, WITH THE right bowler. If that coach is a GOOD ONE! I am also sure that not all coaches are created equal..... GREAT Goals achieved!!!!!!!!!!

Amyers
06-23-2014, 12:13 PM
The true test of that coach, is to hand Aslan over to her!! If she can give him a 800, I will be a believer!! LOL.... A huge part of Tony's 800 was PURE RAW TALENT! Knowing that he is a 220 league bowler, it was JUST A MATTER OF TIME and it would have happened! Just like with Jason here in town. He also had a couple 800s this last fall!

Again I think it was a GREAT GIFT that his wife gave him!!!! But lets face it,,, Tony has the gift!!

I am sure coaching can be of great value, WITH THE right bowler. If that coach is a GOOD ONE! I am also sure that not all coaches are created equal..... GREAT Goals achieved!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just not sure that you don't take this gift thing way too far Iceman. I haven't seen anyone walk in and pick up a bowling ball and start bowling 220's. I do believe some pick the game up faster than others and maybe this is what you are referring too but even those guys I have known needed advice and help with their game. Sometimes in the form of other league bowlers, pro shop owners, or coaches. I don't believe anyone watches a PBA telecast goes to their local lanes and picks up a ball and starts bowling 220's.

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm just not sure that you don't take this gift thing way too far Iceman. I haven't seen anyone walk in and pick up a bowling ball and start bowling 220's. I do believe some pick the game up faster than others and maybe this is what you are referring too but even those guys I have known needed advice and help with their game. Sometimes in the form of other league bowlers, pro shop owners, or coaches. I don't believe anyone watches a PBA telecast goes to their local lanes and picks up a ball and starts bowling 220's.

MOST,,, of US, including myself will never be 220 plus bowlers! I ask a lot of questions, and bowl on many leagues, and one thing I know for sure is.

1. NO amount of coaching is going to get you to the 220 plus level UNLESS you have the gift.

a. I bowled on a inner city league with some super great bowlers, with 220 and up! I ask a lot of questions, and found that NONE had any
lessons at all, just advice for other bowlers, and RAW talent!

Where there some that had lessons,,, there must have been, but I never came across any on that HUGE league.

Prove me wrong, ( and I hope I am!!! ),,,, all you under 167 190 maybe even 200 bowlers out there take some lessons and see if it take you to the level of Tony, or even Jason around here! Aslan, might be the best experiment! I know he is taking lessons now and then, if Rob can get him up to 220 or above, I will eat my WORDS!!

Super bowling, like Tony/Jason,,, keeping all his series up above 600, and a 220 plus average is MUCH MORE a neurological, physical gift then many want to give credit to.

AMYERS, if YOU, or me took lesions, do you really think we keep up with Tony the tiger!!! LOL

Lessions can help correct some basic fundamentals that one might be doing wrong, which in turn should HELP to a certain degree..... but I do know a Whole BUNCH of bowlers that have never had a lesion and throw huge games, and series!

I agree that no one can watch a TV bowling on a professional level, then go pick up a ball and have a 220 average.

I don' t know about you, have you had any coaching??? Do you really think if you had coaching you would be a Tony! I KNOW I wouldn't LOL

LONG STORY SHORT

To be a bowler like Tony, you HAVE to have the GIFT! Coaching can, and did help Tony refine his game! IMHA,,, His game never needed much help, because Tony has the gift!

I am NOT KNOCKING coaching,,,, I just think the gift is 75 percent, and coaching 25!

Amyers
06-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Iceman I don't know if what I have had would be considered coaching or not. I started off as a league bowler in Junior Leagues where the owner of the alley was a former PBA Pro. He spent a lot of time working with me and by the time I was 16 I averaged in the 190's. This was back in the day of urethane balls short oil in a bowling alley built in 1905. The lanes were notoriously low scoring I generally shot 10-15 pins higher anywhere else. I don't know if that would translate into a 220 average or not my guess is probably would.

I got married and quit bowling when I turned 19 and haven't bowled in 20 years until coming back last fall with my first leagues this summer. Since coming back I have been helped on a regular basis by the pro shop owner (not certified coach former collegiate bowler), the Manager of the bowling center (a guy with a great story I will tell some time not a certified coach but a multiple tournament winner and has a 210 average in our leagues which our still low scoring), Rob and other people on here. My average is about 150-160 (would be higher but I keep having drilling problems with my ball). With what I have done since coming back I don't have a doubt that if I practiced every day or every other day and received frequent coaching I could average 200-220 again but I don't know I will have the time and money to invest in that. I will be back to 190-200 by the end of next fall I don't have a doubt about it.

So do I have the gift, has it been coaching, or just a lot of practice? I can tell you back in in my junior league days I bowled at least 4 days a week sometimes 7. I had the highest average on my league by 30 pins one year and led our league in average for 4 years in a row. My teams also finished first, third, and 5th in the state over the years. I'm lucky now to bowl 3 days a week if I can. I will say the great equalizer has been ball technology. I am nowhere near the bowler I was 20 years ago but when I'm not having problems with my thumb I can throw 180+ without a second though and have thrown a 265 since coming back 267 was my high ever. I don't know in my opinion very little of this has been any gift it been quality help and lots of practice that makes the difference in my game.

mc_runner
06-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Practice, practice, practice. The thing that gets someone to a 220+ average is the ability to reproduce shots every time. I would agree with Iceman that it's easier for some people to do it naturally than others (like WRW with his deadly accuracy) but for your general once or twice a week league bowlers, without practice you probably won't be magically getting to that level.

I think it just takes more practice for some people than others. Whether that be 4x a week for a year, or 7x a week for 2 years, or 20 years of working on your game - I don't think anyone doesn't have the ability to get there (which is where I agree with Amyers). The other half of the picture is mental game, and again some people are just way more naturally inclined to zone in than others. But again, I wouldn't immediately discount someone from ever getting to a level because of it - just like the physical game, it takes practice to get to a good place. I've seen a few books about the mental game posted up here and elsewhere.

Mike White
06-23-2014, 02:01 PM
The true test of that coach, is to hand Aslan over to her!! If she can give him a 800, I will be a believer!!

Simple task, sign him up for a league that bowls 5 games each week.

Amyers
06-23-2014, 02:40 PM

Aslan already bowls more than 5 games a week. But his average is increasing does he get an 800 anytime in the near future? I don't know. Also don't know that I will get one either have had multiple 600's but my all time high is 673.

fortheloveofbowling
06-23-2014, 03:24 PM
I firmly believe that when someone is trying to get to say a 190 average the game is probably 80% physical 20% mental. Once a player gets to say a 205+ then the game becomes 80% mental and 20% physical. At that point you probably throw the ball well enough to average close to 220 but it is just those few mistakes a night that keep you from it. Of course it depends on the house your bowling at as well, the par at your center may be 215 or it may be 240. It is a huge leap though from 205 to 220, i think that is probably the same difference as 175 to 205.

mc_runner
06-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Aslan already bowls more than 5 games a week. But his average is increasing does he get an 800 anytime in the near future? I don't know. Also don't know that I will get one either have had multiple 600's but my all time high is 673.

I think he means 800 series over 5 games :)

Amyers
06-23-2014, 03:28 PM

Oh yeah didn't think of it that what the h*** it's Monday

Amyers
06-23-2014, 03:32 PM
I firmly believe that when someone is trying to get to say a 190 average the game is probably 80% physical 20% mental. Once a player gets to say a 205+ then the game becomes 80% mental and 20% physical. At that point you probably throw the ball well enough to average close to 220 but it is just those few mistakes a night that keep you from it. Of course it depends on the house your bowling at as well, the par at your center may be 215 or it may be 240. It is a huge leap though from 205 to 220, i think that is probably the same difference as 175 to 205.

I agree with this completely on the physical versus mental side of the argument. I will also say the difference between any of these points is an extra spare and strike a game. I know easier said than done.

rv driver
06-23-2014, 04:26 PM
I agree with this completely on the physical versus mental side of the argument. I will also say the difference between any of these points is an extra spare and strike a game. I know easier said than done.
Then it becomes a matter of focus, attention to detail, and adaptability.

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 04:37 PM

HEY I am not his daddy!! He's a big boy, and what difference would that MAKE????

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Practice, practice, practice. The thing that gets someone to a 220+ average is the ability to reproduce shots every time. I would agree with Iceman that it's easier for some people to do it naturally than others (like WRW with his deadly accuracy) but for your general once or twice a week league bowlers, without practice you probably won't be magically getting to that level.

I know a good number of 220 plus bowlers, and they don't practice except for league night. Some bowl ONE league and others up to four! I think that a lot of that deadly accuracy is a GIFT,,,, many people just cant duplicate it, and thus the lower average! Making ajustments is very important also, but that can be picked up through trial and error! PRACTICE IS A GOOD THING, but not as important as first have the GIFT!
Can you hit baseballs 7days a week in in practice and then have a 400 average,,, NO,,, practice is only a PART of being a 220 plus bowler.

I think it just takes more practice for some people than others. Whether that be 4x a week for a year, or 7x a week for 2 years, or 20 years of working on your game - I don't think anyone doesn't have the ability to get there (which is where I agree with Amyers). The other half of the picture is mental game, and again some people are just way more naturally inclined to zone in than others. But again, I wouldn't immediately discount someone from ever getting to a level because of it - just like the physical game, it takes practice to get to a good place. I've seen a few books about the mental game posted up here and elsewhere.

Jason,,, here in Kansas city had on one league this year a 233,,,, he never practiced at all last year, or had coaching????

I HATE TO JUST SAY this, but I THINK ITs TOTALLY TRUE,,, Coaching it a good thing, Practice is a good thing,,, but without that GIFT,,, YOUR never going to hit that 220 plus,,,, I hope some of you out there prove me WRONG!

You know at the gym where I work out I can see him now, a Guy that no body works out harder then! Has had several of the best trainers, giving him advise on who to maximize his workout for best results.... He is into eating properly, much better then me... but he cant build muscle mass and still after several years of knowing him, looks exactly the same, only older. It his genetics. Their is NOTHING wrong with his, he just can't put on muscle mass like he wants!

We each have a limit that we can work within, to maximize the GIFT in anything you can think of.... ART,,, MUSIC,,,, sports..... you name it!

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 04:53 PM

I feel your pain!! LOL,,, this is not a serious topic for ICE!! LOL I know that in all sports, the ones that excel are the GIFTED ONES.. Average
Joe blows like myself, have our moments, but will never be 220 aveage bowlers,,, nor with the best coaching in the WORLD, run a 100 yard dash in 10 seconds, hit a golf ball over 300 yards, win the grand slam in tennis.

MY point is: Coaching and practice can ONLY GET YOU SO FAR....

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 04:55 PM
HEY I am not his daddy!! He's a big boy, and what difference would that MAKE????

daaaaaa, I get it!!! LOL,,,, LOL,,, yes he might make it then!!! (:) Wow that went right over my head!! (:)

(in regards to Aslan getting that 800, bowling ON a 5 game league.. (:) )

rv driver
06-23-2014, 07:39 PM
I feel your pain!! LOL,,, this is not a serious topic for ICE!! LOL I know that in all sports, the ones that excel are the GIFTED ONES.. Average
Joe blows like myself, have our moments, but will never be 220 aveage bowlers,,, nor with the best coaching in the WORLD, run a 100 yard dash in 10 seconds, hit a golf ball over 300 yards, win the grand slam in tennis.

MY point is: Coaching and practice can ONLY GET YOU SO FAR....
yeah, but "giftedness" will only get you so far, as well. I don't know of any "gifted" athletes that have neglected their "gift" by not taking advantage of good coaching and lots of practice. Even "gifted" athletes will fail, at some point, without objective guidance and practice. The point is, a gifted athlete, with proper coaching, will not only break a 10 sec. 100, s/he will also be more likely to get to olympic competition. "220 average" is an arbitrary, glass ceiling. Gifted bowlers might be able to attain that without coaching, but more importantly, gifted bowlers may go beyond that average. This isn't about "attaining averages." It's about being the best one can be -- and coaching is invaluable toward that end -- gifted or not.

mike_thomas93
06-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Nice shooting there, sir. Thumbs up(:

Amyers
06-23-2014, 10:13 PM
yeah, but "giftedness" will only get you so far, as well. I don't know of any "gifted" athletes that have neglected their "gift" by not taking advantage of good coaching and lots of practice. Even "gifted" athletes will fail, at some point, without objective guidance and practice. The point is, a gifted athlete, with proper coaching, will not only break a 10 sec. 100, s/he will also be more likely to get to olympic competition. "220 average" is an arbitrary, glass ceiling. Gifted bowlers might be able to attain that without coaching, but more importantly, gifted bowlers may go beyond that average. This isn't about "attaining averages." It's about being the best one can be -- and coaching is invaluable toward that end -- gifted or not.

You hit the nail on the head rv

rv driver
06-23-2014, 10:22 PM
You hit the nail on the head rv
With a Blue hammer?

MICHAEL
06-24-2014, 08:50 AM

I know several that have neglected their bodies, and had little in the way of coaching,,,, one baseball player that comes to mind right off the top of my head Babe Ruth!! But there are many more..

And yes I know a gifted bowler I bowl with Jason, ( The Dude), 230 average on a league this fall! NO coaching camps, does not practice because AMF took away the free 2 hours on Fridays we use to use together two seasons ago!

Jason just plain and simple could beat most of us on this web site with his raw talent.

I have seen him on Sports Patterns,,,,, ( a different one each week, two summers ago, bowl against other bowlers in a winner takes all that evening mini ornament), win several weeks the prize money.

NOW WHEN I SAY GIFTED,,,, I am not talking 200 average,,,,, but rather 220 UP!!

Jason proves to me with his many 300s, and I believe 6 800s this last year and a half that GIFT IS something you either have or don't!
(its all listed in his profile, and I have witnessed most of them)!

Would coaching help Jason,,,, I think it wouldn't hurt! Knowledge is always a good thing! But can Rob, Mike White, or many other bowlers who practice a bunch, and have the coaching beat Jason

I DON"T THINK SO,,, I WOULD PUT MY MONEY on his RAW TALENT ANY DAY.....

Is Jason Pro materal?

He could be, if he decided to go that direction!!! But like he has said to me, NOT much money in the sport, except for the top 10! Not a sport now days that warrants the effort, if financial rewards are you goal.

HE HAS THAT GIFT, ICEMAN is talking about! Either have it or NOT! :rolleyes:

Tony and Jason,,,, dudes you both have the gift.... congrats!!! (:)

Amyers
06-24-2014, 09:57 AM
I know several that have neglected their bodies, and had little in the way of coaching,,,, one baseball player that comes to mind right off the top of my head Babe Ruth!! But there are many more..

And yes I know a gifted bowler I bowl with Jason, ( The Dude), 230 average on a league this fall! NO coaching camps, does not practice because AMF took away the free 2 hours on Fridays we use to use together two seasons ago!

Jason just plain and simple could beat most of us on this web site with his raw talent.

I have seen him on Sports Patterns,,,,, ( a different one each week, two summers ago, bowl against other bowlers in a winner takes all that evening mini ornament), win several weeks the prize money.

NOW WHEN I SAY GIFTED,,,, I am not talking 200 average,,,,, but rather 220 UP!!

Jason proves to me with his many 300s, and I believe 6 800s this last year and a half that GIFT IS something you either have or don't!
(its all listed in his profile, and I have witnessed most of them)!

Would coaching help Jason,,,, I think it wouldn't hurt! Knowledge is always a good thing! But can Rob, Mike White, or many other bowlers who practice a bunch, and have the coaching beat Jason

I DON"T THINK SO,,, I WOULD PUT MY MONEY on his RAW TALENT ANY DAY.....

Is Jason Pro materal?

He could be, if he decided to go that direction!!! But like he has said to me, NOT much money in the sport, except for the top 10! Not a sport now days that warrants the effort, if financial rewards are you goal.

HE HAS THAT GIFT, ICEMAN is talking about! Either have it or NOT! :rolleyes:

Tony and Jason,,,, dudes you both have the gift.... congrats!!! (:)

I will give you that iceman there are some guys that just have it but I do believe even those guys need advice and would do better with coaching

Blacksox1
06-26-2014, 01:22 AM
check roto grip's website and see who is boss on 6/20/2014 !

tccstudent
06-26-2014, 10:03 AM
check roto grip's website and see who is boss on 6/20/2014 !
i dont see anything with that date

ok i take that back I see Kenny Hurst shot a 300 and a 800 and Chris Barnes shot a 300( didnt realize Barnes threw rotogrip)
and then there was some guy named Tony whoever he is shooting an 800

mc_runner
06-26-2014, 10:50 AM
I thought Barnes was Columbia for some reason.

rv driver
06-26-2014, 10:57 AM
I thought Barnes was Columbia, too! Did he defect?

tccstudent
06-26-2014, 11:13 AM
I thought Barnes was Columbia, too! Did he defect?

not the same barnes

rv driver
06-26-2014, 08:11 PM
not the same barnes
Whew! My world makes sense again.

MICHAEL
06-26-2014, 11:25 PM
I will give you that iceman there are some guys that just have it but I do believe even those guys need advice and would do better with coaching

Sure,,, but most, professionals KNOW all the answers before they even ask or even talk to their Coach.

IT's LIKE when you talk to a shrink,,,, You ask a question, and the REPLY IS ALWAYS,,,, "What do you think, Iceman?",,,,, Then I answer my own question, feel better, and give him a hundred and fifty bucks!!

Coach's on a professional level in bowling are much like shrinks IMHA!! :rolleyes:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/doctorbowling_zps1fea760d.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/doctorbowling_zps1fea760d.jpg.html)

Aslan
06-27-2014, 02:21 PM

I'm sorry contestant, but the correct answer was "yes"...Aslan WILL bowl an 800 series...BEFORE Iceman. He (Aslan) is on the cusp of greatness...and you are all privledged to be witnessing it first hand.

rv driver
06-27-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry contestant, but the correct answer was "yes"...Aslan WILL bowl an 800 series...BEFORE Iceman. He (Aslan) is on the cusp of greatness...and you are all privledged to be witnessing it first hand.
"It WILL be mine. Oh yes! It WILL be mine!"

Amyers
06-27-2014, 09:03 PM

Stay away from my 800. It mine all mine.

tccstudent
06-28-2014, 09:12 AM
I think we need to send aslan to the asylum he is sounding very loco

MICHAEL
06-28-2014, 09:59 AM
I think we need to send aslan to the asylum he is sounding very loco

attention ,,,, attention special people, " I need Aslan to return to his special room, and take his medication for delusional thoughts!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-71_zpsb23f5452.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-71_zpsb23f5452.jpg.html)

Mudpuppy
07-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Glad you reached your 343 series milestone. USBC should be sending you a patch soon.

vdubtx
07-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Glad you reached your 343 series milestone. USBC should be sending you a patch soon.

Hoping for another magnet or key chain for it. :cool:

rv driver
07-08-2014, 10:38 AM
attention ,,,, attention special people, " I need Aslan to return to his special room, and take his medication for delusional thoughts!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-71_zpsb23f5452.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-71_zpsb23f5452.jpg.html)
That's who Aslan needs, Ice! Nurse Ratchet!

vdubtx
07-28-2014, 12:19 PM
It's finally officially official. The 807 series I shot has been posted to my Accomplishments page on Bowl.com. Got a call from Keepsake Bowling for my ring order as well this morning. 4-6 weeks and will have a new ring to add to my display case. :D :cool:

I went with this one:

http://keepsakebowling-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/280x280/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/e/men_s_prestige_800_signet_panel_wg_left.png

Amyers
07-28-2014, 12:26 PM
It's finally officially official. The 807 series I shot has been posted to my Accomplishments page on Bowl.com. Got a call from Keepsake Bowling for my ring order as well this morning. 4-6 weeks and will have a new ring to add to my display case. :D :cool:

I went with this one:

http://keepsakebowling-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/280x280/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/e/men_s_prestige_800_signet_panel_wg_left.png

Very Cool Vdubtx. I want one

Jaescrub
07-28-2014, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=vdubtx;112271]It's finally officially official. The 807 series I shot has been posted to my Accomplishments page on Bowl.com. Got a call from Keepsake Bowling for my ring order as well this morning. 4-6 weeks and will have a new ring to add to my display case. :D :cool:

I went with this

Grats brother! I always root for you, ring will look good your should pimp that thing around for a week or two before you lock it up ;) god knows if was a good bowler and I had any ring I would. But I'm a Leo so ya my dream is to have a hand full of them ha ha ha ;). For real good job.

Shaneshu87
07-28-2014, 12:40 PM
great Job V

vdubtx
07-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Grats brother! I always root for you, ring will look good your should pimp that thing around for a week or two before you lock it up ;) god knows if was a good bowler and I had any ring I would. But I'm a Leo so ya my dream is to have a hand full of them ha ha ha ;). For real good job.

Thanks. :) Will be up in Tulsa again sometime in October. Hopefully can get another 300 this time around. :cool:

Jaescrub
07-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks. :) Will be up in Tulsa again sometime in October. Hopefully can get another 300 this time around. :cool:
Heck ya and let's hope I'll be around this time so we can get a beer!

manke
07-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Nice shooting!!

vdubtx
09-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Finally got my ring this past Thursday.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/262CE728-7012-4880-847A-99937EDEB391_zps7zh296pl.jpg

Blomer
09-13-2014, 07:19 PM
congrats! great bowling!!!

got_a_300
09-16-2014, 12:16 AM
Congrats on the nice series and that is a very nice
looking ring hope to get me a sanctioned 800 series
this season.

I've had quite a few 800 series but never on a sanctioned
league or in sanctioned tournament(s).