PDA

View Full Version : Mom found some of my old bowling stuff.

circlecity
06-20-2014, 08:10 PM
My mom sent me a package today that had some of my old youth bowling stuff. My bowling jersey with my patches. Man that thing was small. Also included was a print out from Diablo Lanes in california in 1983. It was the California State Tournament and I bowled a 298 game. I was 14 or early 15 years old throwing a Columbia white dot. I ended up with a 719 series I believe. There was also a letter from the ABC congrats on the game etc...

Anyway kinda cool to remember all that stuff...

You older bowlers still have your youth shirts with patches?

rv driver
06-20-2014, 09:27 PM
My mom sent me a package today that had some of my old youth bowling stuff. My bowling jersey with my patches. Man that thing was small. Also included was a print out from Diablo Lanes in california in 1983. It was the California State Tournament and I bowled a 298 game. I was 14 or early 15 years old throwing a Columbia white dot. I ended up with a 719 series I believe. There was also a letter from the ABC congrats on the game etc...

Never had one. My local center didn't do youth bowling. In fact, I never had a league shirt of any kind. They were too expensive and weren't required.

I have other mementos from my youth, though. Those things are cool when you hang onto them. Bet your'e glad your mom kept that stuff!

Amyers
06-20-2014, 09:56 PM

I still have mine and a bunch of old trophies and my shirt your making me nostalgic I may have to go unbox that stuff and show it to my kids

circlecity
06-21-2014, 09:55 AM
I still have mine and a bunch of old trophies and my shirt your making me nostalgic I may have to go unbox that stuff and show it to my kidsBeware, my daughter just laughed at me when she saw a pink polo shirt with my name on the back. It was for the JAT(junior amateur tour.) I said it was the 80's so there ya go. hehehhe

rv driver
06-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Beware, my daughter just laughed at me when she saw a pink polo shirt with my name on the back. It was for the JAT(junior amateur tour.) I said it was the 80's so there ya go. hehehhe
I had a pink polo shirt back in the day, but it didn't have my name on it -- it had a little green alligator...

circlecity
06-21-2014, 10:13 AM
I had a pink polo shirt back in the day, but it didn't have my name on it -- it had a little green alligator... Yep, thats the one!

rv driver
06-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Yep, thats the one!
It succeeded the powder blue, polyester leisure suit from about 10 years before...

Amyers
06-21-2014, 08:27 PM
It succeeded the powder blue, polyester leisure suit from about 10 years before...

I have that shirt