PDA

View Full Version : The Byte vs the Dealdly Aim

MICHAEL
06-20-2014, 11:52 PM
The Byte did work pretty good today, after I scuffed it up with a 4000 pad! Had a decent first game, 210, then a 240, then just for fun pulled out the Deadly Aim... 179!

What the ,,,,,,,, I played the inside with the Byte, then went back to the outside with the deadly aim. Ball was not moving like it did the other day?

It was probably me, or could it be that coat of Reata shine by storm that I put on it before bowling... IT didn't have the snap it had the other day!

YOU KNOW I am finding out you can sure mess up a great ball even with a spinner if you don't pay close attention, and keep records of every STEP you make on a surface, or surface change!

Today it was the Byte, and inside, the other day it was FOR SURE THE DEADLY AIM!!

It's a blast playing both styles, I hope to get better playing the inside with time!

At this point in time my go to ball still is the Deadly Aim despite its poor outing today,,,, I think it might have been because They were Bowling practice games on our lanes just prior to our league!

They were playing all four of them the OUTSIDE, where I play the Deadly Aim!

They destroyed my oil in the area where the Deadly AIM does its thing!

I guess being able to go to the inside will be a GOOD THING, when outside is burnt up!!

Follow the oil!!

Amyers
06-21-2014, 12:43 AM
The Byte did work pretty good today, after I scuffed it up with a 4000 pad! Had a decent first game, 210, then a 240, then just for fun pulled out the Deadly Aim... 179!

What the ,,,,,,,, I played the inside with the Byte, then went back to the outside with the deadly aim. Ball was not moving like it did the other day?

It was probably me, or could it be that coat of Reata shine by storm that I put on it before bowling... IT didn't have the snap it had the other day!

YOU KNOW I am finding out you can sure mess up a great ball even with a spinner if you don't pay close attention, and keep records of every STEP you make on a surface, or surface change!

Today it was the Byte, and inside, the other day it was FOR SURE THE DEADLY AIM!!

It's a blast playing both styles, I hope to get better playing the inside with time!

At this point in time my go to ball still is the Deadly Aim despite its poor outing today,,,, I think it might have been because They were Bowling practice games on our lanes just prior to our league!

They were playing all four of them the OUTSIDE, where I play the Deadly Aim!

They destroyed my oil in the area where the Deadly AIM does its thing!

I guess being able to go to the inside will be a GOOD THING, when outside is burnt up!!

Follow the oil!!

Iceman since you changed the surface it's hard to tell but if it was the lanes it was probably one of two things:

1. The outside was to dry and the ball was burning up. Did it seem like the ball started to hook and then just rolled?
2. Carry down. Did it seem like the ball started to hook then stopped and then started to hook again?

Either of these two problems can mess you up. If you noticed either of these it was probably the lane conditions if not I would look at the surface. Don't mess with a ball when it's hot (your playing well with it).

dnhoffman
06-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Overthinking it man!

Where'd you end up bowling now that your local place closed?

MICHAEL
06-24-2014, 01:25 AM
seem to be a GOOD couple balls to bring on league night. The Bye worked great today, on league, we won all four games! I was the only one bowing on our team..lol Its a 3 person seniors league, My wife will not be able to bowl for a few more weeks, and the other male bowler, Stewart, was on vacation. So it was me, against 3 other bowlers.

I wanted to start with the Byte and bowl that inside that I am learning,,, It make a beautiful move mid way down, and snaps back to the pocket.

Only problem I had was it was leaving them pesky 10 pins!! Shoots looked good, but first game had 5 10 pin leaves. the good part is that I picked them up, all but one!

3rd game just for fun pulled the Deadly Aim out and threw it a few times down the outside, but it didn't have the snap it usually has.... not sure if it was burning up before it got there, or too much oil... (how do you know?)

I know at a different establishment last Tuesday, bowing the outside gave me one heck of a move to the pocket,,, 233, and 258!

Tomorrow I bowl there again, it will be interesting to see if it was THOSE lanes that afternoon, or THE DEADLY AIM, works again on a different set of lanes... tomorrow

I like how different they both roll!

It has made the whole experience of bowling that much more fun, being able to bowl the inside!! :o

Amyers
06-24-2014, 09:51 AM
3rd game just for fun pulled the Deadly Aim out and threw it a few times down the outside, but it didn't have the snap it usually has.... not sure if it was burning up before it got there, or too much oil... (how do you know?)

:o

Iceman depending on how early it is burning up it can be hard to tell but what I watch for is.

1. Burning up the ball hooks then stops and just continues to roll (sometimes they burn up before ever starting to hook I struggle to tell that one)
2. too much oil- the ball just slides and never really hooks the best way to tell is watch the roll if the ball just slides too much oil
3. you didn't mention this one but carry down. The ball starts to hook then skids then starts to hook again in general the ball looks jerky

maybe this helps someone can explain it better than me maybe.

MICHAEL
06-24-2014, 11:48 PM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/bowlingscores_zpse4384f6b.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/bowlingscores_zpse4384f6b.jpg.html)

this is an interesting stat!! Since last week second game of league, bowled a 233, second game, and 258 final game.

This week with Geno2u,,, and Mary, I bowled a 211, 258 and 218, my last 5 consecutive games equals 1175, which is a 235 average. Since 2nd game Tuesday I have used nothing on that league but the

DEADLY AIM, and my sling shot for ten pins! I had 4 ten pin leaves this evening, and picked them ALL UP! SUCCESS.... Ten pins are not a problem anymore,,, Geno2u, as my witness!! LOL

We won all four, this week against a weak team, and also won 4 last week against the blind.

Gene and Mary both purchased new balls the other day and had James, the guy at the party drill them!

Mary got the marvel Storm ball, and it looked pretty good once she got use to it, I think its going to be a moster for her, and give her a first 600 real soon.

Gene, got a GUESS WHAT???? YES after me throwing that 233, and 258 last Tuesday night, he got a DEADLY AIM ALSO! Drilled very similar to mine.

He is getting the hang of the new Deadly Aim and had a GREAT LAST GAME of 242!!

I think a realistic goal just might be 215, but next week will tell me even more. Yes this is a new bowling establishment Aslan!! Not the AMF that you thought was so easy to bowl on.... this is a Brunswick bowling ally, and I think its going to be good to ICEMAN, and Geno2u!!! (:)

Amyers
06-25-2014, 12:09 AM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/bowlingscores_zpse4384f6b.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/bowlingscores_zpse4384f6b.jpg.html)

this is an interesting stat!! Since last week second game of league, bowled a 233, second game, and 258 final game.

This week with Geno2u,,, and Mary, I bowled a 211, 258 and 218, my last 5 consecutive games equals 1175, which is a 235 average. Since 2nd game Tuesday I have used nothing on that league but the

DEADLY AIM, and my sling shot for ten pins! I had 4 ten pin leaves this evening, and picked them ALL UP! SUCCESS.... Ten pins are not a problem anymore,,, Geno2u, as my witness!! LOL

We won all four, this week against a weak team, and also won 4 last week against the blind.

Gene and Mary both purchased new balls the other day and had James, the guy at the party drill them!

Mary got the marvel Storm ball, and it looked pretty good once she got use to it, I think its going to be a moster for her, and give her a first 600 real soon.

Gene, got a GUESS WHAT???? YES after me throwing that 233, and 258 last Tuesday night, he got a DEADLY AIM ALSO! Drilled very similar to mine.

He is getting the hang of the new Deadly Aim and had a GREAT LAST GAME of 242!!

I think a realistic goal just might be 215, but next week will tell me even more. Yes this is a new bowling establishment Aslan!! Not the AMF that you thought was so easy to bowl on.... this is a Brunswick bowling ally, and I think its going to be good to ICEMAN, and Geno2u!!! (:)

Michael I'm going to be in Branson in a few weeks I can stop by and pick that byte up since you obviously don't need it. Lol 😋. Just kidding I use 15's

MICHAEL
06-25-2014, 12:31 AM
The Deadly Aim is just one hell of a ball! It works for me, can't wait to take it out again and NOT USE ANY of the other 6 balls I have been playing with on these summer leauges!

It's been a lot about trying balls that I have purchased, that have not been given a good change to show me what they can do.... many times
changing balls, and experimenting with different deliveries, inside shooting and outside shooting ect...

I was using the summer leagues to get ready for FALL! (((But now I can see that maybe I can hit that 215 goal this summer with the

DEADLY AIM,,,, it's been hot two weeks now on two different sets of lanes!!!

we have only bowled 3 weeks I believe we got started late, the league had already bowled 3 weeks before we even got started, but we are climbing up the latter, and who knows...

Funny thing about the Deadly Aim,,, and the way its drilled, I can stay in the same spot all 3 games, and not move,,,, it was that way last week too!

Amyers,,, IF YOU JUST happened to have a 15lb Deadly Aim,,, I probably could be tempted to trade the Byte,,, LOL,,,!!

ICEMAN THINKING.............. na..... I think I might need a inside ball in the future, just at this time the Deadly Aim is working like a Champ on the outside! The only problem with the Byte and playing the inside is I need MORE time, and practice throwing that line!

The inside has shown me it can be a GREAT LINE TO PLAY.... (just not now,,,, I am on a quest to end this league with a 215 average this summer)

To do that,,,, I think the Deadly Aim will be my go to ball!

Amyers
06-25-2014, 08:57 AM
The Deadly Aim is just one hell of a ball! It works for me, can't wait to take it out again and NOT USE ANY of the other 6 balls I have been playing with on these summer leauges!

It's been a lot about trying balls that I have purchased, that have not been given a good change to show me what they can do.... many times
changing balls, and experimenting with different deliveries, inside shooting and outside shooting ect...

I was using the summer leagues to get ready for FALL! (((But now I can see that maybe I can hit that 215 goal this summer with the

DEADLY AIM,,,, it's been hot two weeks now on two different sets of lanes!!!

we have only bowled 3 weeks I believe we got started late, the league had already bowled 3 weeks before we even got started, but we are climbing up the latter, and who knows...

Funny thing about the Deadly Aim,,, and the way its drilled, I can stay in the same spot all 3 games, and not move,,,, it was that way last week too!

Amyers,,, IF YOU JUST happened to have a 15lb Deadly Aim,,, I probably could be tempted to trade the Byte,,, LOL,,,!!

ICEMAN THINKING.............. na..... I think I might need a inside ball in the future, just at this time the Deadly Aim is working like a Champ on the outside! The only problem with the Byte and playing the inside is I need MORE time, and practice throwing that line!

The inside has shown me it can be a GREAT LINE TO PLAY.... (just not now,,,, I am on a quest to end this league with a 215 average this summer)

To do that,,,, I think the Deadly Aim will be my go to ball!

Ice would stay with that deadly aim while your hot with it if it works don't fix it

MICHAEL
06-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Ice would stay with that deadly aim while your hot with it if it works don't fix it

lOL,,,, YES ,,, And sometimes Not fixing it can be as simple as NOT: changing the surface, BUT remembering what surface you put on the ball when it STARTS WORKING like it is NOW, and the new lanes! (remember I was bowling the AMF lanes, it closed and now the Brunswick lanes).

I will not resurface the ball, or even put the reacta shine on after cleaning. (OR SHOULD I USE THE React-Shine? Its a cleaner and polish that says to use after every outing).... ???

I know the purpose of polish to store the energy of the ball rather then burn up on the way down,,,, Hummm maybe and important part of the physics of this ball. I have several typesof polish,,, storm, and Brunswick Dv8 ,,, but I don't have any of the hammer recommended polishes!

I do clean the ball after every outing using the 4 side technique, alcohol 50 percent and Simple Green. I will continue to do that,,,, and it is I believe a 4000 surface, with polish.

Does anyone know the exact steps to get the out of box for the Deadly Aim? I went to hammers web site but couldn't find it.

Sure I can fine the grits, but it doesn't give the TIME on each step, OR PRESSURE on pad like storm does.

Amyers
06-25-2014, 10:21 AM
lOL,,,, YES ,,, And sometimes Not fixing it can be as simple as NOT: changing the surface, BUT remembering what surface you put on the ball when it STARTS WORKING like it is NOW, and the new lanes! (remember I was bowling the AMF lanes, it closed and now the Brunswick lanes).

I will not resurface the ball, or even put the reacta shine on after cleaning. (OR SHOULD I USE THE React-Shine? Its a cleaner and polish that says to use after every outing).... ???

I know the purpose of polish to store the energy of the ball rather then burn up on the way down,,,, Hummm maybe and important part of the physics of this ball. I have several typesof polish,,, storm, and Brunswick Dv8 ,,, but I don't have any of the hammer recommended polishes!

I do clean the ball after every outing using the 4 side technique, alcohol 50 percent and Simple Green. I will continue to do that,,,, and it is I believe a 4000 surface, with polish.

Does anyone know the exact steps to get the out of box for the Deadly Aim? I went to hammers web site but couldn't find it.

Sure I can fine the grits, but it doesn't give the TIME on each step, OR PRESSURE on pad like storm does.

I just make sure to wipe my stuff down with storm reacta foam after each session. I don't mess with the surfaces unless I'm seeing a change in reaction. I would not use reacta-shine unless I wanted to lower my surface. use reacta-clean to keep it where it is at. I really like the foam as I can put it on right at the alley and it doesn't make a mess and you cant spill it.

MICHAEL
06-25-2014, 10:54 AM
I just make sure to wipe my stuff down with storm reacta foam after each session. I don't mess with the surfaces unless I'm seeing a change in reaction. I would not use reacta-shine unless I wanted to lower my surface. use reacta-clean to keep it where it is at. I really like the foam as I can put it on right at the alley and it doesn't make a mess and you cant spill it.

thanks for the advice! One thing I need to order from bowlingball.com is Reacta-Clean! I need to go there and check it out! I wounder if its much different then alcohol and simple green?

I do put my balls on the spinner and with light pressure do the four side clean spraying on the above while holding a cotton rag next to the surface of the ball,,, it never ceases to AMAZE me how much oil a ball will pick up in one league night outing!

bowl1820
06-25-2014, 11:07 AM

Question asked and answered in the thread "looking for information on HOW TO SURFACE the Deadly Aim" by MICHAEL.

See here:
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16890-looking-for-information-on-HOW-TO-SURFACE-the-Deadly-Aim?

MICHAEL
06-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Question asked and answered in the thread "looking for information on HOW TO SURFACE the Deadly Aim" by MICHAEL.

See here:
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/16890-looking-for-information-on-HOW-TO-SURFACE-the-Deadly-Aim?

thanks,,, (senior moment)! Keep me straight bud!! LOL

So hammer and all other ball manufactory for a 1500 surface use the same process as storm, other then maybe different brands of polish and cleaner... the pads about the same, including the order, pressure, and time.

bowl1820
06-25-2014, 03:36 PM
thanks,,, (senior moment)! Keep me straight bud!! LOL

So hammer and all other ball manufacturer for a 1500 surface use the same process as storm, other then maybe different brands of polish and cleaner... the pads about the same, including the order, pressure, and time.

I have no idea if all the companies use the same process as storm for their recommendations for at home resurfacing.The Storm steps are just a good generic set of steps.

There's no big variation in time and pressure used with the step's.

If a company just lists 500-1000-2000-4000 Abralon with Polish as a surface. And you do each step for about 15-20 sec. with the same hand pressure you'll be close enough. just be consistent about doing it from one time to the next.

The different ball manufacturers use their own process's to surface balls at the factory, You can't match exactly that OOB surface.

Really everyone needs to quit being married to the out of box surface. When they get a new ball before they ever throw it, they need to put it on the spinner! and change the surface.

Use any surface! if you want to use the recommended OOB steps for a spinner that's fine. Then if you like the reaction, you know it's a surface you can put back on. (and yes I've done it)

MICHAEL
07-28-2014, 06:26 PM
My Monday 1pm seniors league has been playing tough this summer,,, been having problems with the Top of the line Kegal Oil machine. I have been complaining about the shots for some time now along with some bowlers that have actually quit... WELL ICEMAN doesn't QUIT,,, Unless honor dictates me to do so!

Anyway they had the lanes inspected by the governing body that does that and they made so adjustments to the Oil Jet Machine! Now today
I set the high series for the league to date, this summer. We have 4 more weeks, but I think now that the oil machine works, we all will have better sores!

The Byte worked like a champ playing the outside, and shooting 15 board! Did NOT have to MOVE any, at all! Worked all 3 games standing far left, and shooting 15 board..... The old record was 627, and I had 677. 209, 242, 226! The Byte just might be trying to TAKE AIM, at the Deadly AIM! LOL Its great to be able to play the outside,,, now ICMAN has two ways to ATTACK THE LANES!! INSIDE with the Deadly Aim, OUTSIDE with the BYTE! 677,,, not a great score,,, but now that the oil machine has be adjusted, and inspected, I look to a 700 soon,,,, I hope,,,,, :confused:maybe....

I can now honestly say it WORKED JUST like it did on Storm Demo Day. Part of its problem, I truly believe at this AMF, has been the oil!

226 average for the day throwing the Byte only.... OOOOOOOOO almost forgot had 4 ten pin leaves,,, DIDN"T MISS A ONE!!! Whooooooopieeeeee.... My new nick name
might just have to be changed to: 10 Pin Destroyer!!! LOL Just having the ability to get that pin has help my average a bunch!!!

manke
07-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Good shooting Ice man!!!

vdubtx
07-29-2014, 03:55 PM
The Byte worked like a champ playing the outside, and shooting 15 board! Did NOT have to MOVE any, at all! Worked all 3 games standing far left, and shooting 15 board..... The old record was 627, and I had 677. 209, 242, 226! The Byte just might be trying to TAKE AIM, at the Deadly AIM! LOL Its great to be able to play the outside,,, now ICMAN has two ways to ATTACK THE LANES!! INSIDE with the Deadly Aim, OUTSIDE with the BYTE!

Nice shooting!

15 board is playing the inside of the lane not the outside. Was that your break point, or where you were crossing at the arrows and then a different break point.

Amyers
07-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Yeah vdubtx has you there ice your terminology is backwards but glad you finally got the conditions to pull that byte out. In football we always said take what the defense is giving you. It's the same in bowling you have to play the lines the lanes are requiring on that given day.

MICHAEL
07-29-2014, 10:54 PM
YES ICEMAN had a senior moment!!! Vice Versa! ! LOL You all knew what I meant,,, that all that matters!! Getting old,,, they say the mind is the first thing to go!!! I don't have much time left,,,,, NEED TO GET THAT 800 soon.... I still fill like its coming,,,, maybe this summer.... I feel un down to my frozen core!!! Something is going to happen.... :rolleyes:

MICHAEL
07-29-2014, 11:11 PM
This is usually the Dead Aim league, but I always try one other ball, out just to see how it reacts. The Bybe worked so good on the AMF seniors league Monday, 677, that I thought I might give it another shoot at Gladstone Bowl, Brunswick lanes.

Geno2u bowls with me on that league, and witnessed the difference. The Byte has a nice move to the pocket, but the angle must have been just off! Poor carry on the pins, 7s 10s. Made some adjustments but NO GO! The ball just doesn't seem to play well so far at Gladstone.
I don't want to talk about the first game,,, so don't ask!!

Then pulled out the Deadly Aim,,, and to decent games, both over 200.... (215, and 210) We bowled one of the better teams, with the highest averages... so the oil was really moving around and causing Gene, and me to adjust!

Gene now has a Deadly Aim also, after seeing the unbelievable carry it has been giving me. We won two out of 3, but it was hard fought!
Gene is seeing that carry big time also!! We both commented on it tonight!

I will have to check out my new average, using the Deadly Aim,,, it had to drop some, but still should be above 220... I will post the scores using this unbelievable ball on the post Deadly Aim.

It's funny how ONE BALL works great on ONE house pattern, and NOT on another!

Byte on AMF

Deadly Aim, Brunswick

Amyers
07-29-2014, 11:33 PM
There are a lot of variations between house patterns not to mention different lane surfaces. No two houses lanes are exactly the same and a lot of them aren't even close

fortheloveofbowling
07-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Amf lanes generally will have more friction than bruswick lanes. So Your byte is probably going a bit longer on the brunswick so not coming in as strong. The deadly aim probably starts up a little earlier for you on that surface. On the amf lanes i'm guessing it wants to go high more often than on the brunswick lanes? If similar drilling on the balls you can look at the rg and that tells you alot. The byte has a 2.52 versus the deadly aim at 2.49. The higher the number the longer it wants to go before rolling. Just guessing on your ball reaction but obviously you have noticed the difference.

Amyers
07-30-2014, 12:02 AM
Amf lanes generally will have more friction than bruswick lanes. So Your byte is probably going a bit longer on the brunswick so not coming in as strong. The deadly aim probably starts up a little earlier for you on that surface. On the amf lanes i'm guessing it wants to go high more often than on the brunswick lanes? If similar drilling on the balls you can look at the rg and that tells you alot. The byte has a 2.52 versus the deadly aim at 2.49. The higher the number the longer it wants to go before rolling. Just guessing on your ball reaction but obviously you have noticed the difference.

Okay this brings up a good question on surface if the ball is rolling too long not creating enough angle would you increase or decrease the amount of surface?

I'm old school with the urathane we would have added surface to make the ball hook more but from what I understand the resin balls you reduce surface to hook more add surface to hook earlier. Which should you do here? I would think add myself.

I'm not necessarily suggesting a change here ice just wondering.

fortheloveofbowling
07-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Okay this brings up a good question on surface if the ball is rolling too long not creating enough angle would you increase or decrease the amount of surface?

I'm old school with the urathane we would have added surface to make the ball hook more but from what I understand the resin balls you reduce surface to hook more add surface to hook earlier. Which should you do here? I would think add myself.

I'm old school too and i really don't mess with surface much just try to have different factory finishes. I personally if i had a weak reaction with the byte would move far enough right to find more friction and use the spot downlane that was weak for miss area left. You could also just stay in the same spot and open up your angle to try to get the ball further right so you still stay in the pocket with the miss left. You could go with more surface but i don't like surface when your playing in personally. But you are correct about the surfaces but you have to consider what those surfaces are doing in the fronts and what effect that has at the break point. I liked it better when i had a shiny and dull udot and a yellow dot. Things seemed much easier back then. I rambling, sorry.

Amyers
07-30-2014, 12:15 AM
I'm old school too and i really don't mess with surface much just try to have different factory finishes. I personally if i had a weak reaction with the byte would move far enough right to find more friction and use the spot downlane that was weak for miss area left. You could also just stay in the same spot and open up your angle to try to get the ball further right so you still stay in the pocket with the miss left. You could go with more surface but i don't like surface when your playing in personally. But you are correct about the surfaces but you have to consider what those surfaces are doing in the fronts and what effect that has at the break point. I liked it better when i had a shiny and dull udot and a yellow dot. Things seemed much easier back then. I rambling, sorry.

That's okay my life was easier back in the day when I was picking between the regular blue hammer and the pearl blue hammer too.

MICHAEL
07-30-2014, 12:18 AM

THAT's a good question that I struggle with! If you polish a ball like the byte, its suppose to go long and have a big snap at the end of the shot. I do have that NICE
SNAP,,, but how to you BEST adjust the angle of that snap at the end, ONE way or the OTHER?

If I used a 500 pad, then polished it on all four sides with say reata-shine would it still go long due to the polish and have more angular movement at the end of the lane? ( ON A BALL LIKE THE BYTE), Or would it simple change the ball completely and simply make a more early gradual move toward the pocket?

Where is it that the dynamics of a ball are changed by the ratio of grit, vs polish? Doesn't the polish effect the depth of the groves also by not only smoothing out the groves, but fill them in somewhat with the polish?

This whole thing about wanting a better angle into the pocket without losing that snap.... how do you work that balance on a ball like the
BYTE for instance

Blacksox1
07-30-2014, 12:24 AM

This may be a trap. I am going to add surface.

fortheloveofbowling
07-30-2014, 12:26 AM
I've really only in the past few years started messing with altering the surface myself. Some balls are more receptive than others to that. Your best bet is to purchase surface difference and consult with a pro shop guy who knows what they are talking about in regards to surface changes. With a shiny ball though like the byte when you are leaving weak 10's and 7's you have got to move right or stay and open up your angle to get the right entry angle. Speaking about a house shot here though.

MICHAEL
07-30-2014, 12:30 AM

from what I have read those factory finishes are only good for about 30 games or so? Then like groves in a new pair of tires, they wear down. It makes sense to me, but then what do I know! I am just a super Hero? I do have a spinner of my own and it can do a remarkable job of not only cleaning my bowling balls, but resurfacing!

I just need to know how to FINE TUNE,,, SMALL LITTLE ADJUSTMENTS,,, not radical movements of the ball. Specifically with the Byte,,,, how to make minor changes of angle at the end of its journey to the pocket!

Not looking for a early movement,,, just at the end when it does that snap to the pocket.

MICHAEL
07-30-2014, 12:35 AM
I do know some bowlers, One being Jason on this website, 230 average generally speaking,, he doesn't mess with surface at all, and only hand cleans his balls after league play,,, I know some of his balls, must have well over a 100 plus games on them! So FIGURE??? Maybe it all in the hand of the bowler??? LOL

fortheloveofbowling
07-30-2014, 12:38 AM
You probably could do a 500 or 1000 abralon on it and polish it back and it might pick up a little earlier. But you have 2 different balls there that have different motions down lane and that is really what everyone wants. It sounds like the byte works pretty good on the amf lanes so i wouldn't mess with it. But hey, do what you got to do.

Blacksox1
07-30-2014, 12:48 AM
The polish itself has a grit. It does vary between products and manufacturers.

Blacksox1
07-30-2014, 12:53 AM
I use Brunswick royal shine. It is a 5000 grit polish........Yes it is a good product...........Get some today.....

MICHAEL
07-30-2014, 09:19 AM
I use Brunswick royal shine. It is a 5000 grit polish........Yes it is a good product...........Get some today.....

I got a 32 oz bottle from bowlingball.com about 2 months ago. Yes it pours like water...lol,,,,, not easy to work with but I do have some blacksox!

Amyers
07-30-2014, 09:37 AM
I do know some bowlers, One being Jason on this website, 230 average generally speaking,, he doesn't mess with surface at all, and only hand cleans his balls after league play,,, I know some of his balls, must have well over a 100 plus games on them! So FIGURE??? Maybe it all in the hand of the bowler??? LOL

Mike where were you with the breakpoint with that ball on the Brunswick lanes? It may be simpler to just get it a little further right than adjusting the surface of the ball.

MICHAEL
07-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Mike where were you with the breakpoint with that ball on the Brunswick lanes? It may be simpler to just get it a little further right than adjusting the surface of the ball.

good point,,, I will experiment with that! I think moving back some might help too. The ball looked good going into the pocket,,,, Its just didn't have the carry that the Deadly Aim has!

Even Gene agreed that the Deadly Aim just gets the job done! Not as pretty a hokey stick snap as the BYTE, but it gets the STRIKES!

I will keep playing with the Byte,,, as I said it worked great on the AMF league Monday,,, could have easily been a 700, take away a few shots like a 7/10 that looked pretty damn good and felt good but no prize!! It gave me a 677.

mc_runner
07-30-2014, 09:51 AM
The weather might have something to do with it too, these middle of summer hot and humid days really play havoc with the lanes. It might be way different as we get towards fall. I couldn't even use the Byte I have the past few weeks, it was uncontrollable on the backend in the humidity.