PDA

View Full Version : Contest Jun 23, 2014 to Jun 29, 2014 - Roto Grip Asylum

BowlingBoards.com
06-22-2014, 11:51 PM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Asylum for a random poster from Jun 23, 2014 through Jun 29, 2014.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Blacksox1
06-22-2014, 11:54 PM
If I win, I will NOT store this ball in the closet!

fsbjcm
06-22-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm in on this one. This would completely round out my arsenal. I'd have a Cyclone for low level reactive, this for mid level reactive, Fusion for high level reactive, and mastermind for my heavy oil monster. Plus my spare ball. I'd be set!

Jaescrub
06-22-2014, 11:55 PM
First one i also think I had the last post before this one popped up let's hope the two combined gave me the good luck to win last weeks or even at the very least this weeks ha ha ha good luck everyone ;)

fortheloveofbowling
06-23-2014, 12:54 AM
I have one of these and it is a really nice even reacting ball.

jnv32185
06-23-2014, 01:58 AM
I like that this forum give away a ball each week. I do not know if other forums do because this is the only one I am part of but it is really cool that it is done.

tccstudent
06-23-2014, 06:45 AM
oh one of them fancy 900 series rolling balls i see

bbgamer884
06-23-2014, 08:08 AM
considering how bad my bowling game is right now, i could use a new ball. everyone throws storm or roto grip, but i just dont have the balls to switch brands.

rv driver
06-23-2014, 08:45 AM
I could go for an Asylum. A Roto Grip Asylum, that is. (CINC-House thinks perhaps the other kind would suit me better).

tccstudent
06-23-2014, 09:20 AM
considering how bad my bowling game is right now, i could use a new ball. everyone throws storm or roto grip, but i just dont have the balls to switch brands.

unless you are sponsored and can only throw a certain brand I think you SHOULD use multiple brands

Amyers
06-23-2014, 09:31 AM
I Have been a fan of this ball for a long time really would like to put one in my bag

tccstudent
06-23-2014, 09:34 AM
I Have been a fan of this ball for a long time really would like to put one in my bag

I do have this ball in my bag and it is a monster bad thing is I generally dont have enough oil to throw this for how I have it drilled

rv driver
06-23-2014, 10:53 AM
I do have this ball in my bag and it is a monster bad thing is I generally dont have enough oil to throw this for how I have it drilled
They ned to come out with a hook-crazy, heavy-hitter called "The Bludger."

MICHAEL
06-23-2014, 12:13 PM
:rolleyes:

mc_runner
06-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Just think, if Aslan wins he could do the different-drilling experiment without even having to buy a ball. Although, I'd rather have this one for myself :cool:

Amyers
06-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Just think, if Aslan wins he could do the different-drilling experiment without even having to buy a ball. Although, I'd rather have this one for myself :cool:

Aslan would have to actually drill a ball to do the different drilling experiment. It would add to the how many balls can Aslan put in his closet until they go through the floor experiment.

Shaneshu87
06-23-2014, 01:46 PM
never owned a roto i have thrown one though wasn't impressed enough to buy one, but that ball wasn't drilled to fit my hand and therefore i really couldn't throw it properly. wouldn't mine drilling one up.

Nyjets1975
06-23-2014, 02:49 PM
I really want this ball... haven't had a Roto grip product since my old apocalypse, and I loved that ball

localtalentNC
06-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Have been wanting to throw something from RG!! Really liked the product at the last demo!

rv driver
06-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Aslan would have to actually drill a ball to do the different drilling experiment. It would add to the how many balls can Aslan put in his closet until they go through the floor experiment.
It seems like stamps, or butterflies, or coins would be easier to collect... Although I have to say: it wouldn't be just anyone who could actually say that they had an Asylum in their closet.

sara2117
06-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Would love to try out the asylum. I've only had one Roto-Grip and was pretty impressed with out.

JJStriker
06-23-2014, 09:25 PM
I've actually never had a Roto Grip ball, I bowl mostly with Motiv and Storm. Would love to give Roto Grip a try. I've heard great things about the Asylum just been hesitant to try out a new brand.

bdtrob300
06-24-2014, 08:51 AM
A friend of mine recently picked up a used asylum, he's super happy with it. Seems like a great ball.

MICHAEL
06-24-2014, 09:19 AM
My first win was a beautiful looking spare ball back when I first joined this GREAT SITE! Then the one pictured below the Beatdown. I need to get that ball back out, it was giving me a GREAT LOOK into the pocket. Much different then the Storm skid and flip! I think I might take it with me tonight when I bowl with Geno2u! My problem is I really do have too many bowling balls... I barly rough up the surface on ONE, before I purchase another... (:)
I like the looks of the Beatdown, and who knows how it might react at the NEW LANES where I am bowling now. I am going to load it up now, before I forget.
I would like to respectfully remove my name from the drawing, like the little old lady that had to many children, she didn't know what to do,,,, I too have way to many bowling balls, that don't get an opportunity to show their STUFF!! LOL
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/mikeholdingwinningball1_zpsb6bee63f.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/mikeholdingwinningball1_zpsb6bee63f.jpg.html)

That Beatdown is one good looking ball, thanks bowlingball.com again for that GREAT GIFT!!

Anyone know the resurfacing steps for the the beatdown,,, ( like time, grit, and pressure on the pad)! I want to put it on the spinner and give it a new surface..

Sourtower
06-24-2014, 09:27 AM
I have heard so many great things about this bowling ball. I have tried a Totally Defiant but it was hard to get used to the pearlized coverstock. I'd love to give Roto Grip another try with the Asylum!

rv driver
06-24-2014, 09:58 AM
My first win was a beautiful looking spare ball back when I first joined this GREAT SITE! Then the one pictured below the Beatdown. I need to get that ball back out, it was giving me a GREAT LOOK into the pocket. Much different then the Storm skid and flip! I think I might take it with me tonight when I bowl with Geno2u! My problem is I really do have too many bowling balls... I barly rough up the surface on ONE, before I purchase another... (:)
I like the looks of the Beatdown, and who knows how it might react at the NEW LANES where I am bowling now. I am going to load it up now, before I forget.
I would like to respectfully remove my name from the drawing, like the little old lady that had to many children, she didn't know what to do,,,, I too have way to many bowling balls, that don't get an opportunity to show their STUFF!! LOL
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/mikeholdingwinningball1_zpsb6bee63f.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/mikeholdingwinningball1_zpsb6bee63f.jpg.html)

That Beatdown is one good looking ball, thanks bowlingball.com again for that GREAT GIFT!!

Anyone know the resurfacing steps for the the beatdown,,, ( like time, grit, and pressure on the pad)! I want to put it on the spinner and give it a new surface..
That is a nice looking ball! And a good pose, BTW.

foxie25
06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Roto has some good stuff. Would like to try this one

TotallyDefiant
06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
I have never won a bowling ball and I love the Roto Grip line up. This ball would be a great addition to the only other two bowling balls I currently have.

bigjimbo316
06-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Really hope I can win this. Could use a new ball going into next season. Been hearing good things about Roto Grip.

ragstormfan
06-24-2014, 01:07 PM
I keep waiting (and waiting) to try a Roto Grip ball!!!!

Shaneshu87
06-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I keep waiting (and waiting) to try a Roto Grip ball!!!!

i'm still waiting (and waiting) for the email i know they have sent me, but mistakenly gone elsewhere, about the last 10 balls i won....

mike_thomas93
06-24-2014, 06:27 PM
What was the spare ball you won, Iceboss?

classygranny
06-24-2014, 10:53 PM
I finally got to see this ball in action last night. Guy shot a 686 with a 158 average. Says he has about 20 games on it and two coaching lessons. Threw it the whole night. I am so glad it was on the lane next to us instead of against us.

Now I know I want this ball!!!

MICHAEL
06-25-2014, 12:04 AM
What was the spare ball you won, Iceboss?

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/pathbowlingball_zps736c947f.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/pathbowlingball_zps736c947f.jpg.html)

very similar to this one MIKE! I gave it to a young man that was related to a friend of mine! He needed a ball!
And didn't have the cash... I had a spare so he was thrilled,,, he didn't care if it was a high end ball! He had it drilled
conventional grip, just for having fun... didn't want to bowl league... the cosmic thing!

I might be a super hero, but there is one thing Iceman believes in,, ,,, saving humanity, and young people! They are the
future, none should be without a bowling ball! http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/5674a6a9-6db5-4b5d-abd6-d0052f547789_zps35c22353.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/5674a6a9-6db5-4b5d-abd6-d0052f547789_zps35c22353.jpg.html)

Jeffb0077
06-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Trying to rebuild my arsenal!

bbgamer884
06-26-2014, 09:00 AM
I really have no idea what is wrong with me, i havent bowled this bad since i was 12. My average has dropped 30 pins since last season and I am seriously considering selling 2 of my 3 bowling balls. I think i am gonna leave Brunswick and if I win this ball maybe I might change to roto grip pending on how well this one works for me.

tccstudent
06-26-2014, 09:52 AM
I have this ball and it is in my tournament bag.
I drilled the pin out and that makes this ball very very very very very very strong.
I wouldnt mind having another one that is not drilled so strong

manke
06-26-2014, 10:02 AM
I would be stoked to throw a new ball this fall. The asylum would fit my game well!!

tccstudent
06-26-2014, 10:07 AM
I see rotogrip now has a few new balls that will be released in two months

rv driver
06-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Would anyone care to expound on the real differences between Roto Grip and Storm? Is there a fundamental difference in philosophy of approach to the ball, or is it simply aesthetics/branding?

bowl1820
06-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Would anyone care to expound on the real differences between Roto Grip and Storm? Is there a fundamental difference in philosophy of approach to the ball, or is it simply aesthetics/branding?

I like Roto Grip have several.

Roto to me has always been the best "Bang for the Buck" balls. They had just as good performance as Storm and I think better quality.

Back in the day when Storm was known for balls that died after just a few games (Thankfully they fixed that), Rotos just kept going.

Roto usually had thicker covers too, so were less prone to cracking.

They were cheaper than Storm too.

tccstudent
06-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Roto Grip products are manufactured at Storm Products, Inc. in Brigham City, UT. Roto Grip was purchased by Storm in 1997 and since then all balls have been made in Utah. Roto Grip designs their own cores and covers to be unique and not similar to Storm balls. Although you should see some similarities in our products because they are made on the same manufacturing lines.

rv driver
06-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Roto Grip products are manufactured at Storm Products, Inc. in Brigham City, UT. Roto Grip was purchased by Storm in 1997 and since then all balls have been made in Utah. Roto Grip designs their own cores and covers to be unique and not similar to Storm balls. Although you should see some similarities in our products because they are made on the same manufacturing lines.
Sooo... the cores are "brand-unique?" Is there some general characteristic per brand, or some brand-specific philosophy? "Roto Grip balls are generally this way, while Storm balls focus ore on the other" type of thing? Because all I'm really seeing is brand loyalty for its own sake. Unless I'm missing something?

Amyers
06-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Sooo... the cores are "brand-unique?" Is there some general characteristic per brand, or some brand-specific philosophy? "Roto Grip balls are generally this way, while Storm balls focus ore on the other" type of thing? Because all I'm really seeing is brand loyalty for its own sake. Unless I'm missing something?

Nope you pretty much got it some people like one or the other some mix them up. They are different but there is no over reaching philosophy that I've seen. The marketing to me for roto tends to be styled towards a younger generation than storms but as far as actual roll goes I haven't seen anything. I see a lot of both at my home lanes as our shop is a big roto/storm dealer. They both make good stuff

MICHAEL
06-27-2014, 12:21 AM
Nope you pretty much got it some people like one or the other some mix them up. They are different but there is no over reaching philosophy that I've seen. The marketing to me for roto tends to be styled towards a younger generation than storms but as far as actual roll goes I haven't seen anything. I see a lot of both at my home lanes as our shop is a big roto/storm dealer. They both make good stuff

God knows I mix them up!! I now have, I believe 18 balls,,, Storm, Hammer, Brunswick, Dv8. Like father Flanagan of Boy's Town Once said:
"There is no such thing as a BAD BOY!"

Iceman says, there is no such thing as a bad high end bowling ball!!! LOL They are all good, just need to be drilled correctly for your style of bowling! (:)

rv driver
06-27-2014, 09:13 AM
God knows I mix them up!! I now have, I believe 18 balls,,, Storm, Hammer, Brunswick, Dv8. Like father Flanagan of Boy's Town Once said:
"There is no such thing as a BAD BOY!"

Iceman says, there is no such thing as a bad high end bowling ball!!! LOL They are all good, just need to be drilled correctly for your style of bowling! (:)
My wife says I'm a bad boy...

tccstudent
06-27-2014, 10:44 AM
My wife says I'm a bad boy...

im not touching that one or it could get really weird in here

Amyers
06-27-2014, 11:00 AM
im not touching that one or it could get really weird in here

As if it is not weird in here already?

bowl1820
06-27-2014, 12:40 PM

I think maybe what you want to hear is something like what they said back in day. When they said things like:

Brunswick made Rolly, arc type balls.
(Which by the way gave them a unfair rep as being weak balls and still haunts them to this day. And is part of the reason they started DV8. )

Columbia/Track made the hook monster heavy oil balls.

Storm made the long and strong, flippy balls.

and that's why someone buys company A over company B.

But you can't really do that anymore, Like Amyers said while the companies are different and have some differing design elements (Cores, coverstocks etc.).

The companies today in general make comparable products because they have the same philosophy "make what sells".

I don't believe that's it's all brand loyalty for its own sake though.

Some brands tend to work better for certain bowlers than others, So there's some design element at play there.
And bowlers tend to stick with what works.

Like back in the past, I didn't know squat about the numbers. But I noticed that certain core shapes worked better for me than others. so I picked balls with cores that had similar shapes and only certain companies had those shapes

Which worked pretty well at the time.

Example I stuck with Hammer for a long time because of a certain core type they used (their "3D Offset Core"). Nobody else had that shape at the time, so stuck with Hammer.

Later I got the Track EMB, because the core in it was a similar shape to the Offset. It was one of my favorite balls.

You Can't really go by shape anymore, cores are not quite as hummmm simplistic in design as they use to be.

rv driver
06-27-2014, 04:00 PM
I think maybe what you want to hear is something like what they said back in day. When they said things like:

Brunswick made Rolly, arc type balls.
(Which by the way gave them a unfair rep as being weak balls and still haunts them to this day. And is part of the reason they started DV8. )

Columbia/Track made the hook monster heavy oil balls.

Storm made the long and strong, flippy balls.

and that's why someone buys company A over company B.

But you can't really do that anymore, Like Amyers said while the companies are different and have some differing design elements (Cores, coverstocks etc.).

The companies today in general make comparable products because they have the same philosophy "make what sells".

I don't believe that's it's all brand loyalty for its own sake though.

Some brands tend to work better for certain bowlers than others, So there's some design element at play there.
And bowlers tend to stick with what works.

Like back in the past, I didn't know squat about the numbers. But I noticed that certain core shapes worked better for me than others. so I picked balls with cores that had similar shapes and only certain companies had those shapes

Which worked pretty well at the time.

Example I stuck with Hammer for a long time because of a certain core type they used (their "3D Offset Core"). Nobody else had that shape at the time, so stuck with Hammer.

Later I got the Track EMB, because the core in it was a similar shape to the Offset. It was one of my favorite balls.

You Can't really go by shape anymore, cores are not quite as hummmm simplistic in design as they use to be.
Thanks! From what I'm gathering, a lot of the balls have very similar numbers, so you look for what hits the best for you (has a lot to do with core), and go with that, regardless of brand.

Amyers
06-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks! From what I'm gathering, a lot of the balls have very similar numbers, so you look for what hits the best for you (has a lot to do with core), and go with that, regardless of brand.

Mostly I think you want balls that compliment not over lap your other balls for one. The other is you may want something that gives you a different shape. Think hockey stick vs. arc.

rv driver
06-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Mostly I think you want balls that compliment not over lap your other balls for one. The other is you may want something that gives you a different shape. Think hockey stick vs. arc.
Right, but there are a lot of balls that create an arc. So you choose the one "arc ball" that hits best for you, regardless of brand, is what I'm getting.

fsbjcm
06-29-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm in this one too. I broke down and bought the Fusion, almost bought the Deadly Aim and this one instead. Help my bank account! I need this ball!

hutch187
06-29-2014, 03:35 PM
I could really use this ball, I will not store it, I will drill it the dat it arrvies and use it.
I havent been able buy a new ball in years due to economic factors

jnv32185
06-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Same bowling balls over and over. Don't get me wrong free is free and it is amazing that they give away bowling balls but I would like to see something different.

Amyers
06-30-2014, 11:58 AM
I won. I can't believe it. I one something I never win anything. Thank you so much Bowlingboards.com I really needed this the ball I currently throw is a used third drill that I bought just to try out a reactive ball and get back in the game. It means a lot to me not only have I met new people who love the sport as much as I do here it has helped me with my game and made me more of a serious bowler and now free equipment has been added on top. Thank you again. I will post a picture with the ball as soon as I get it drilled up.

rv driver
06-30-2014, 12:52 PM
I won. I can't believe it. I one something I never win anything. Thank you so much Bowlingboards.com I really needed this the ball I currently throw is a used third drill that I bought just to try out a reactive ball and get back in the game. It means a lot to me not only have I met new people who love the sport as much as I do here it has helped me with my game and made me more of a serious bowler and now free equipment has been added on top. Thank you again. I will post a picture with the ball as soon as I get it drilled up.
Hey, that's great, man! You deserve it. I hope you find it a worthwhile addition to your game!

Amyers
06-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey, that's great, man! You deserve it. I hope you find it a worthwhile addition to your game!

Thanks RV I appreciate it. I'm sure its going to be great.

fortheloveofbowling
06-30-2014, 01:47 PM

Congrats on the new ball Amyers!! I really like the one i have.

rv driver
06-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Thanks RV I appreciate it. I'm sure its going to be great.
I bet it'll be "crazy" good! ;-)

mike_thomas93
07-06-2014, 07:44 PM
That was a very thoughtful thing you did, sir. (: