Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Layout: 60/4/30
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj344/TheSuperHitMan/20140624_2309351.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5NcLFUvxlY

Description: The cover provides more length on high friction lane conditions giving the bowler more angularity at the backend, the Fusion XL Pearl Reactive cover combines technology and the high RG Recon core.
The Fusion XL (Xtra Length) Pearl Reactive cover technology utilized on the Ascent Apex is a modified version of the original Fusion shell first used on the Primal Rage, which provided a shockingly strong backend motion.

Out of box surface: 1500 Polished

Reaction: The difference between the original Ascent and the Apex is the backend reaction, the Apex is stronger and covers more boards preferred to the original. I was able to play further left and create more entry angle to the pocket. The Ascent Apex is more of a skid snap reaction whereas the original Ascent has a skid roll reaction to it.

Conditions

THS (40 feet): On THS I found myself playing straighter standing 15 targeting 10, because of surface being at box (1500 polished) I played in the track area using the friction to my advantage whereas others gravitated away from it. I have thrown the Apex Ascent on light patterns, burnt patterns, and late night rock and bowl patterns and the length remains the same, the response to friction is fast but remarkably controllable.

Tokyo Pattern (43 feet): I played this pattern standing 10 from the left targeting 15 to the right, there was a lot a friction and the Apex did not disappoint one bit. The ball really showed off its angularity talent as I was able to utilize the entire lane with no fear of the ball not recovering or checking to early off the pattern.

Summary: It was love at first bowl when I threw the Orange Recon, I loved everything about that ball as it was ideal for medium to medium short patterns. The Apex is the ball to go to when you need a clean reaction through the fronts with controllable backend reaction once the fronts are gone. If you want to use the Apex Ascent on heavier patterns I recommend a bigger surface and a stronger layout, or you can pick up your Covert Revolt/Raptor Talon.
I encourage any bowler that is looking for an entry level ball to pick up the Ascent Apex, this ball with give you a clean look with a surprising backend reaction.

Become an Apex predator today.