PDA

View Full Version : Octane - easy length and flip!

sportshot
06-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Ball Specs:
Motiv Octane
Polished Reactive
5000 LSP
Ball Specs: Symmetric Core
Layout 75 x 3 x 40

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The New Motiv Octane has a great balance of length and flip. It fills the need for a ball that is longer than the Rage but can turn the corner harder. The Octane for me, hooks slightly less than the Rage but more than the Apex. The ball has great shelf appeal and the blend of purple, black and grey get a lot of attention. The Octane gets easy length through the front even as it is revving up. The combination of core and cover does not seem to have any over/under problems. The backend motion of the Octane allows it to create angle when it sees friction. The entry angle allows for deeper lines with good carry. This ball digs the corner pins out nicely. I let a few thumbless bowlers try my Octane and the reaction was amazing! These bowlers got easy length with a devastating hit. I think high rev bowlers or slower speeds with have a winner with the Octane. I tested the Octane on a pretty fresh flat pattern for the video, but it was more at home when the lanes started to break down. The ball played either pattern well and the carry was great. I have played with the surface and it tunes easily up or down.
Motiv has really been pushing the envelope of performance and the balls keep getting better and better and seem to hit harder and harder. Motiv has had some awesome success on T.V. and the Regional Tours. As I go to tournaments around the South East I am seeing more and more Motiv balls on the ball returns. If you have not tried Motiv yet I suggest you do so you won’t be left behind. Quoting a good friend and center Manger, “If you didn’t bring a Motiv tonight, you better get one drilled so you can compete!”

Summary:
The Octane gets easy length and hard backend
This is another sweet looking ball.
The higher entry angle creates great pin carry.
If you want an angular ball, you got it!

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
Video Link - Http://youtu.be/hxWwbeh5Nbs

Sportshot64@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com