PDA

View Full Version : Can wii bowing improve your game...

MICHAEL
07-05-2014, 02:12 PM
A study, might have been done proving that WII bowling can and does improve your bowling game. Science is not sure why, but maybe it does!!!http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/wiibowing2_zps5e5400f3.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/wiibowing2_zps5e5400f3.jpg.html)

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/wiibowling_zpsa516720b.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/wiibowling_zpsa516720b.jpg.html)

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/wiibowing3_zpsf833e766.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/wiibowing3_zpsf833e766.jpg.html)

I like this picture,,, when that damn 16lb ball gets to heavy, just grab a controller, and KEEP ON ROLLING THOSE BALLS! It's a BLAST!!! surprising authentic bowling physics... and ball action. In my opinion the best Bowing game out there!!

GREAT FUN when the AMF lanes are closed, and only open from 4pm to 11pm in many locations... LOL

vdubtx
07-05-2014, 02:43 PM
I would say no. When we would play Wii bowling years ago, wife was very good at it. 9 300 games. When she bowled with me on leagues, she was a 130's average bowler.

MICHAEL
07-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I would say no. When we would play Wii bowling years ago, wife was very good at it. 9 300 games. When she bowled with me on leagues, she was a 130's average bowler.

ask your wife what her secret is to bowing that many 300 games... Wow.... I have yet to see one myself, or even see anyone else throw one.

How did she do bowing the WII 100 pin option! That's wild, and a lot of fun!!

What was your best score?? It's funny how you can put English on the ball, and make many little adjustments, some what like real bowling!

I was just kidding about helping you in real bowling,,LOL,,,, but if you love the game like me,,,, it can be a LOT of fun getting together with other bowlers and playing the game.

MICHAEL
07-06-2014, 01:17 AM

So Wii think not! LOL.... sometimes I crack myself up!!! (:)

Aslan
07-06-2014, 02:32 PM

Agreed. My extended family is great at Wii bowling and Wii golf yet take them to an alley or on a course and it's a disaster. The Wii can't accurately mimic reality…so those good at it are simply just good at Wii.

rv driver
07-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Agreed. My extended family is great at Wii bowling and Wii golf yet take them to an alley or on a course and it's a disaster. The Wii can't accurately mimic reality…so those good at it are simply just good at Wii.
That's kind of like assuming that people who rock at Guitar Hero will be able to wail on a real Les Paul. Shoot, Paul McCartney's kids beat him at Guitar Hero and he says, "Yeah, well, I wrote and actually performed those songs."

MICHAEL
07-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Its a blast!!! have any of you tried the 100 pin option,,,, talk about wild!!! I might be 65,,, but I am ONE HECK of a GAMER, have been for many years. MADEN football,,,, ( FORGET-ABOUT-IT) I rule!!! (:)

Freeze-bee golf on WII is a lot of fun too! ICEMAN LIKES to call it that! We have friends over and they all enjoy that game....

YES,,, I know it won't help in REAL BOWLING, but it does work the joints, arm and shoulders some! Gets you up and moving!

LONG LIVE WII games, along with X-Box!!

Aslan
07-06-2014, 08:00 PM
That's kind of like assuming that people who rock at Guitar Hero will be able to wail on a real Les Paul. Shoot, Paul McCartney's kids beat him at Guitar Hero and he says, "Yeah, well, I wrote and actually performed those songs."

I used to kick butt at Asteroids…so I guess that makes me an astronaut.

rv driver
07-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Oh, man! I frickin' loved Asteroids!!!

Mudpuppy
07-07-2014, 11:15 AM

This

rv driver
07-07-2014, 01:33 PM
I used to have hemorrhoids. But it didn't seem to make me an ***hole...

RobLV1
07-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Back to the original question; No! I tried Wii bowling once and it took me two weeks to relearn a proper release for the real thing.

fortheloveofbowling
07-07-2014, 10:26 PM
The times i have tried it i always shoot around 130 because i try to play the gutter. Then the next day my elbow hurts, i have since retired from wiil bowling. lol

rv driver
07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Back to the original question; No! I tried Wii bowling once and it took me two weeks to relearn a proper release for the real thing.
It seems to me that anything that monkeys with eye/hand coordination and muscle memory is gonna screw with your game. Your not putting real weight on a real floor. It can't help but screw with your game.

Aslan
07-07-2014, 11:18 PM
I used to have hemorrhoids. But it didn't seem to make me an ***hole...

I don't think you can "used to have" hemorrhoids. Who are you kidding?

Wait…never mind…I just envisioned a response where you prove me wrong…nope…I do not a need a lesson.

MICHAEL
07-07-2014, 11:44 PM

LOL,,,, maybe that's Iceman's problem!! LOL LOL Very funny Rob!!

MICHAEL
07-07-2014, 11:49 PM

That reminds me of a joke I sent to Readers Digest back in the 80s.

What is it that most astronauts hate to come across in space,,,,,,,,, A S S-teroids!!! LOL (would not let me type the second S, lol) Got around it... (:)

I didn't get a response on that one!

another one I sent was:

(one astronaut taking to another in space) You know meteorites aren't the a big problem in space, this those darn A S S teroids,,, ( I thought if I phrased it differently I might make it that time???

No response!

rv driver
07-08-2014, 10:12 AM
I don't think you can "used to have" hemorrhoids. Who are you kidding?

Wait…never mind…I just envisioned a response where you prove me wrong…nope…I do not a need a lesson.
Preparation H is also good for when your thumb swells up from too much bowling...

rv driver
07-08-2014, 10:13 AM
That reminds me of a joke I sent to Readers Digest back in the 80s.

What is it that most astronauts hate to come across in space,,,,,,,,, A S S-teroids!!! LOL (would not let me type the second S, lol) Got around it... (:)

I didn't get a response on that one!

another one I sent was:

(one astronaut taking to another in space) You know meteorites aren't the a big problem in space, this those darn A S S teroids,,, ( I thought if I phrased it differently I might make it that time???

No response!
How are astronauts and Charmin alike? They both orbit Uranus!

But I digress...

Aslan
07-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Preparation H is also good for when your thumb swells up from too much bowling...

Wait. Bum...thumb...I think you're doing it wrong.

Wii bowling may help you with regular bowling. I once got arrested and put in Federal prison for a game of "Grand Theft Auto".

rv driver
07-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Wait. Bum...thumb...I think you're doing it wrong.

Wii bowling may help you with regular bowling. I once got arrested and put in Federal prison for a game of "Grand Theft Auto".
Hmmm...

One reeeeally has to wonder, then, about Donkey Kong...

bdtrob300
07-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Not to get back on topic here or anything...lol

But, yes the release is wierd, but I've found playing wii bowling helps alot with my spare shooting, trains you to not break the wrist on straight shots. All-in-all any bowling is good for your game...

Now Xbox Kinect Bowling, Don't get me started on how much I hate that...

Pin_Pals
07-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Yes. For a starting bowling it teaches players to aim between the 1 and 3 or 1 and 2 pin. I was aiming straight at the head pin when I started the game and quickly learned this does not work. It also taught me a fast moving ball with high rotation will provide a high degree of precision. However, Wii bowling does not teach how to approach the lane or how to release the ball.

MICHAEL
07-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Not to get back on topic here or anything...lol

But, yes the release is wierd, but I've found playing wii bowling helps alot with my spare shooting, trains you to not break the wrist on straight shots. All-in-all any bowling is good for your game...

Now Xbox Kinect Bowling, Don't get me started on how much I hate that...

yes, I agree, it also helps with visualization, focus, and arm movement!

And AMEN ON THE worthless Xbox bowing game!

tccstudent
07-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Ive played the game and I dont see how it can help but I have heard people say it helped them

I cant get any rotario on the game and half the time I drop the ball and have to start my swing over but I am not a gamer either

rv driver
07-16-2014, 10:46 PM
I've not spent much time with Wii, but I just don't see how it could help much. I'd like to see some bona fide studies.

Blacksox1
07-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Sure Ice, if it were for a wii tournament. Tah dah !

rv driver
07-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Wii needs to come out with a Storm version that emits a scent.

Scentsy-bowling.