PDA

View Full Version : Ball wipe towel pad?

jromanov
07-07-2014, 12:17 PM
please let me apologize for not knowing how to ask a question here, and I'm hoping that you might be able to help. I was watching PBA Bowling on TV this past weekend and saw the guys using this kind of "mouse pad" looking thing to wipe off the ball between throws. Later the same day I watched the NCAA women and they were also using this "mouse pad" looking ball wipe. It retained it's shape, unlike a towel, and was blue on one side and black on the other. Any idea what these are and where to get them? Thanks so much ... sorry again for the newbie post.

Amyers
07-07-2014, 12:27 PM
try searching for this at bowlingball.com "Monster Microfiber Pad Bowling Applicator" different colors than you were talking about but it looks similar from your description

bowl1820
07-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Probably the Track Bowling Microfiber Cleaning Pad, it comes with a lot of the new Track Balls. one side is a microfiber material; on the other is a cloth with a matrix of rubber dots.

It looks like a mouse pad

heres a purple one
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mYYxRn28yhQ08ay1B3VcBtg.jpg

jromanov
07-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks Amyers ... I actually ordered those but they are small palm sized sponge like pads for applying polishes. These "towel esq" ball wipers were being used between throws and were the size of a mouse pad ... and firm ... they retained the square shape, unlike a towel that folds, bends, and mushes. After wiping the ball they just tossed the "pad" onto the table and it landed flat and looked like a computer mouse pad?

jromanov
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM
That sounds exactly like the pad ... thanks so much. I'll start with Track in finding this.

jromanov
07-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Thank you Bowl1820 ... those are them ... Track includes them with new balls in a wide variety of colors. One side is microfiber and the other is rubber to not slip out of your hand. The bad news .... they don't sell them. They only come with new balls. Gonna try another approach to getting a few of these. Thanks again

bowl1820
07-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Check on ebay theres some listed on there.

That's where this pic came from
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mYYxRn28yhQ08ay1B3VcBtg.jpg

JohnnyG
07-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Well, microfiber towels are great for wiping away lane oil off of your ball surface during your session on the lanes.