PDA

View Full Version : This will keep them baggers inline!!

bowl1820
07-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Ran across this set of league rules: (The punish both the team and the bagger method ) rerate the bagger and make the high average guy on the team sit out. These boys are hardcore!

Tanking:

Tanking is defined as a player intentionally not bowling up to their standard to receive a higher handicap. Tanking will not be tolerated in our league as it promotes no sportsmanship and takes away from the competition. To ensure that no bowler tanks, the following provisions will be put in place:

1. If it is proven a player tanked, then at the next match, the highest average will be sitting out THE ENTIRE MATCH. A suspension means the bowler is physically present. Therefore the highest average on that team that is present that day must sit out. The bowler will be blinded with no handicap as if they were missing (see match play and scoring section for explanation of a blind).

2. The bowler’s average for the day in question of tanking will be adjusted with a higher series for the day as seen fit by the commissioner.

3. If ANY team has a 2nd offense with this issue, the top bowler present will be suspended for TWO WEEKS OF MATCHES (6 games), and the team will not be allowed to put in a sub for the suspended bowler. Meaning the highest bowler is replaced with a blind and no handicap.

4. If tanking occurs at the end of the season, then the punishment(s) can and will be applied in the opening round of the playoffs for the player's team.

CaptainXeroid
07-12-2014, 09:43 PM
I wonder exactly what the standard of 'proof' is that someone is 'tanking' or. Is is just 'decided' by the league president, or is a trial conducted in front of a jury of league officers or team captains?

Nobody likes it when the other guy does it, and when someone bowls way over average someone jokingly invokes sandbags.. Once you levy that kind of charge and exact sanctions for the 'crime', you've thrown down the gauntlet and certainly driven a bowler and likely team(s) out of the league.

Everyone should be in favor of good sportsmanship, so perhaps just the codification of this rule is enough to discourage the practice.

Pin_Pals
07-13-2014, 01:15 AM
I wonder exactly what the standard of 'proof' is that someone is 'tanking' or. Is is just 'decided' by the league president, or is a trial conducted in front of a jury of league officers or team captains?

Nobody likes it when the other guy does it, and when someone bowls way over average someone jokingly invokes sandbags.. Once you levy that kind of charge and exact sanctions for the 'crime', you've thrown down the gauntlet and certainly driven a bowler and likely team(s) out of the league.

Everyone should be in favor of good sportsmanship, so perhaps just the codification of this rule is enough to discourage the practice.

I agree. Rules like this will result in players making false accusations based on subjective information.

bowl1820
07-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Just so you know, this rule is from a Asian bowling league. So their outlook on those cheating and making false accusations is probably different.

MICHAEL
07-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Just so you know, this rule is from a Asian bowling league. So their outlook on those cheating and making false accusations is probably different.

Californian's do have a very different outlook! I got out just in time! (how did you get this information bowl1820?) Did Aslan post it, and somehow I missed this info!(:)

larry mc
07-13-2014, 04:29 PM
alot of my leagues could use this rule

mike_thomas93
07-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Feels like the alleys in my city may be a little strict about their rules. Not really sure since I bowl at one alley so far. But that rule could be effective here, as well

Pin_Pals
07-13-2014, 08:59 PM
I did not know so many people fake bad games to improve their handicap. I go bowling because it is fun and helps relieve stress after a long week. Anyone who cheats to win a game should evaluate why they go bowling and stop ruining other bowler's fun.

bowl1820
07-13-2014, 09:26 PM
I did not know so many people fake bad games to improve their handicap.

If you go by what's posted on the internet. the only bowlers that don't sandbag, are the ones that post on the internet.

Shaneshu87
07-14-2014, 09:17 AM
If you go by what's posted on the internet. the only bowlers that don't sandbag, are the ones that post on the internet.

not 100% true lol i owned up to my own dark and devious deed of sandbagging like 4 years ago.

rv driver
07-15-2014, 04:32 PM
not 100% true lol i owned up to my own dark and devious deed of sandbagging like 4 years ago.
yeah, but nobody here believes you... :p

rv driver
07-15-2014, 04:33 PM

In my experience, usually sandbagging is a short-term thing. It'd be easy enough to go back over the suspect's record and see what his averages are, how they've trended, and what changes have occurred.

Blacksox1
07-16-2014, 03:14 AM

This beats getting a finger cut off. :rolleyes:

rv driver
07-16-2014, 05:30 PM
This beats getting a finger cut off. :rolleyes:
I think the preferred punishment is cutting off the two middle fingers of the bowling hand...