PDA

View Full Version : What will be your go to thought the first practice of the start of fall league......

Hammer
07-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Mine will be to get used to keeping my hand to the inside of the ball as long as possible before getting to the release area. It is something to have to get done right to get good action on the ball. I think that with the summer lay-off it is very easy to come around the ball too soon. I can tell when I do it right because I will feel the weight of the ball pulling down on my fingertips when the ball is coming off my hand. If I don't do it right my brain gets the signal from my hand quickly. The nervous system is a highly tuned system that instantly lets you know when something wasn't right in the release. How many times have you thrown a ball and as soon as you let go you know if it is a good or a bad release. As soon as the ball hits the alley you either go alright or oh no. What thought will be floating around in your head the first fall league game?

RobLV1
07-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Why would you layoff during the best practice time of the year? The summer is the time that you take your game to the next level.

MICHAEL
07-15-2014, 12:16 AM
I agree Rob 100 percent!! Its been fun trying out new and different bowing styles, and even some of my GREAT BALLS that I have not given much of a chance, due to buying another one before its broken in!! LOL

YES I am ICEMAN, and I am a bowling ballaholic!!

I am on 3 inexpensive summer leagues,,, sanctioned two of them 8 bucks,,,, and one non sanctioned, 7 bucks! Great thing about all of them is that should I want to skip that week, its only 50 cents, not the full 8 bucks! Also they give you free games ect ect..

zdawg
07-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Why would you layoff during the best practice time of the year? The summer is the time that you take your game to the next level.

That's exactly what I've been doing

Hammer
07-15-2014, 05:00 PM
What keeps me from practicing as much as I want to is the fact that I am 67 years old with osteoarthritis mostly troublesome in the hips and knees. I guess I could probably get away with two practice games during the summer every now and then. That would be enough games for me to get use to keeping my hand on the inside of the ball up to the release without turning on the ball early. For some reason the brain always seems to tell you to turn the ball too early, darn brain. I find you have to fight that thought. That is what practice is for, to tell the brain to shut the hell up. I will have to give the two game practice a try and see what my body says about it afterwards.

Amyers
07-15-2014, 10:24 PM
What keeps me from practicing as much as I want to is the fact that I am 67 years old with osteoarthritis mostly troublesome in the hips and knees. I guess I could probably get away with two practice games during the summer every now and then. That would be enough games for me to get use to keeping my hand on the inside of the ball up to the release without turning on the ball early. For some reason the brain always seems to tell you to turn the ball too early, darn brain. I find you have to fight that thought. That is what practice is for, to tell the brain to shut the hell up. I will have to give the two game practice a try and see what my body says about it afterwards.

I know what you are talking about I'm younger but I've had two knee surgeries and I have some issues with my hip. I've found bowling less games more often helps. I rarely throw more than three games but I try to bowl at least three days a week more if time allows.

Blacksox1
07-16-2014, 03:02 AM
I am bowling a little this summer. Three hours for 11$ practice time. Get out and bowl, Hammer !

tccstudent
07-16-2014, 10:21 AM
I am bowling 3 leagues this summer so there is no layoff and I am bowling pretty durn tooting good right now so I sure dont want to mess with anything big maybe just practice throwing different lines

rv driver
07-16-2014, 11:24 PM
God! Don't you hate getting old?! It seems like I spend all my time fighting failing physique rather than working on technique.