PDA

View Full Version : Certified shoes?

slickstrings
07-29-2014, 12:22 PM
I was wondering if you needed to have certified shoes in order to be legal. I tried looking in the USBC rule book and I don't think it says anything that. The reason I'm asking is I've been thinking about just getting some old leather soled shoes and resoling them with brand new leather to be a dedicated bowling shoe and replace my dexter jack shoes. I have a pair of leather soled wingtips for walking around in and they slide real well on smooth surfaces so I figured they'd make good bowling shoes. Plus I believe rental shoes and some linds have this construction as well as bowling shoes back in the day. I just hate the look of most modern bowling shoes.

Amyers
07-29-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't think it would be an USBC issue but some house my frown on it if they don't look like bowling shoes. Bowl1820 can chime in I'm sure if there is a USBC rule in play.

vdubtx
07-29-2014, 01:28 PM
The only rules in place for shoes I believe are for PBA events. Only certain brands are allowed. Otherwise, I think it is open for any and all USBC events. Rule 12 states, "Approaches Must Not Be Defaced." As long as the shoe is not something you walk in off the street in, or has a non marking sole, you should be good to use whatever you want.

Ask ICEMAN aka Michael. He sometimes bowls in sandals due to some health issues.

bowl1820
07-29-2014, 02:43 PM
There's no USBC rule against it, So as long as they have non marking soles and you only use them for bowling you can use them.

Now they have wingtip bowling shoes and other styles:
http://s2.postimg.org/jybv0wmc9/wingtip.gif

Mudpuppy
07-30-2014, 01:23 PM
So I can't use them for bowling and epoxy coating my garage floor?