PDA

View Full Version : new member from Ohio

foreverincamo
07-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Thought I would start here and say hello. Stopped bowling years ago due to changing jobs and being on the road 300+ days a year. I got the itch to bowl again this summer and got my Columbia Messenger Titanium plugged and redrilled and gave it try. The ball cracked on the first shot right from the thumbhole for about 12 inches . At least the shot it died on was a strike.
So I did some research and bought a DV8 Marauder Mutiny and had it drilled and have been bowling for a few weeks. Hopefully I can find a league for the wife and I for the winter. Anyway, hello to anyone and everyone!

manke
07-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the site!! If you have any questions just ask.:)

Amyers
07-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Glad you could join us. At least that's a good way to send one out with a strike. What part of OH are you from

fortheloveofbowling
07-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Glad you joined and feel free to ask questions. There are some knowledgeable people on here including certified coaches. Good luck with your bowling!

Shaneshu87
07-29-2014, 09:47 PM
welcome to the boards!

Mudpuppy
07-30-2014, 01:17 PM
welcome

rv driver
07-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Better for a ball to go out fighting than to die a slow, miserable death in cobwebs, eh?
Thanks for joining us here!

foreverincamo
07-31-2014, 03:53 PM
I live between Akron and Canton. Looks like there will be a senior tour stop just down the road from me in October. Going to check that out. Hopefully will be able to hit some stops when I turn 50. I have a few years to get ready.
Been watching videos on how to get my rev rate up. Helping a bit, but I have a coaching session set up with the coaches from Team USA next month for three Saturdays. Maybe that will help.

Amyers
07-31-2014, 06:31 PM
I've been to Canton but never bowled there. I've been looking forward to the PBA stop there was going to try to go watch some.

foreverincamo
08-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Took the family to a bowling seminar at Stonehedge Lanes. The former Team USA coaches Fred Borden and Jeri Edwards ran it, with help from several high school coached. About 50 people showed up for the 3 hours of combined classroom and bowling. They are doing two more off these in the next two Saturdays, no cost to students.

foreverincamo
08-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Justa thought from today's seminar . I worked with a high school coach. He saw the DV8 Marauder Mutiny I was throwing and told me he couldn't keep it on the lane. It would hook gutter to gutter. I throw it over 2nd arrow and hit the pocket all day. It just shows what getting a lot of hand in the ball does.

bowl1820
08-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the bowlingboards site!!:cool: