PDA

View Full Version : Video of my approach, any suggestions?

RexTheBowler
07-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Not sure how to post it.

Okay, I figured it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vDC5v_hDN0

Also, can someone tell me how to figure out my rev rate? The video is played at 1/8 speed.

Bunny
07-30-2014, 09:57 PM
Upload it to youtube first. Then use the insert video button here to add the video url from youtube.

rv driver
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I refuse to post on the grounds that Rob might incriminate me! ;-)

RobLV1
08-02-2014, 08:14 AM
At this point in time, don't worry about your rev rate. Let's try to get your balance and rhythm fixed first. Bowling is based on four steps, regardless of how many steps you actually take. You are taking four steps, but only using three of them. This is getting you to the line way in front of the bowling ball which is why you are almost falling over to the right after you release the ball. For starters, practice pushing the ball out with your first step. When your right foot moves, the ball should move with it. The first step should also be only as long as it needs to be to complete the push away. Right now, the first step is huge, which is resulting in your timing being even later. Work on this and see if you are able to post your shots; hold your follow-through at the line after the ball is gone.