PDA

View Full Version : Bowling side games

Blomer
08-05-2014, 08:02 AM
So during bowling leagues, I often see side activities for money. For example, cards or golf tee pegs. How are these game played in relation to bowling? What's your favorite one to play?

bowl1820
08-05-2014, 08:22 AM
So during bowling leagues, I often see side activities for money. For example, cards or golf tee pegs. How are these game played in relation to bowling? What's your favorite one to play?

Typically for the card game you get a card for every strike and spare, best five card hand wins. There are many variations.

There are also the sidepots/Nassau's like high game (scratch or Handicap)

and brackets:

Brackets are a eight-person, match play, single-game elimination mini-tournament that runs concurrently with a League or tournament play.

A bowler can enter one or more brackets, but can only enter once in each bracket.

The eight bowlers in each bracket are randomly assigned to four single game matches using games 1 thru 3.

First game scores determine the first round winners. Those four bowlers advance to round two, where the second game score determines who advances to the final round.

In the final round, third game score determines the bracket winner. Usually pays out 1st and 2nd place

The Card games are fun.

I prefer brackets over sidepots, because you can win brackets a lot of times with some low scores.

Sidepots depending on how many people get in them can get hard, because you have to beat all the others in the pot.

vdubtx
08-05-2014, 10:43 AM
On my Thursday league we play cards, 1 for spare, 2 for strike(keep in mind my team mates are all 145 and below average). $1 each per game, I know big spenders. :D

We also play a quarter game where we have 4 quarters on the table, each strike 1 quarter is moved up, on the 5th strike that person wins the money ball. $0.50 ea each time a money ball occurs.

On my Tuesday league, 2 of my team mates have a competition to see who can drink the most buckets of beer. LOL. Not really, but they do go through like 3 buckets.

rv driver
08-05-2014, 01:14 PM
We never did stuff like that in my leagues. It was shut up, throw, smoke a grit.