PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Tune Up with Bill Spigner

Blomer
08-06-2014, 09:49 PM
This upcoming Monday I have a tune up with 5 other bowlers with Bill Spigner! I can't wait for this opportunity. It's only $20 and if I get some helpful tips, I'll take a lesson with him. He just signed on with STORM. Hopefully, I don't make a fool of myself!

bowl1820
08-06-2014, 10:17 PM
that's great he has a website, you can find a lot of his articles from Bowlers Journal on it.

http://www.billspigner.com/articles

Beagle
08-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Yes. Hes pretty knowledgable. His place is well kept and clean. Went to him many, many yrs ago. $100 for 5 guys is dirt cheap. He will videotape u and then break it down. just a piece of advice and try and forget u r being taped otherwise u might not bowl naturally. hard to do. Im gonna have 2 go bak 2 him with this new modern game. good luck

Blomer
08-07-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm excited to get his insight. Glad u had a good experience!

Blomer
08-11-2014, 09:26 PM
So I just got back with my semi lesson with Bill Spigner. I say semi as there was 6 of us total on three lanes. As we warmed up, he watched and filmed us. He then called us over for one on one session and talked about our approach and compared it to a professional bowler. He then would help us on the lanes. Last Saturday I went to the alley as it's different from mine and I did horrible. During warm ups I killed it and then when I tried to follow his suggestions, I didn't do as well. But I guess it's as expected as trying new things. For me, I need to work on getting the ball out sooner as I carry it. I need to lean towards the lanes and work on my balance. When I did put it all together, I had great pin action! I will continue to practice and hopefully it will help a ton. Bill is a great guy. Very nice and personable. For $20, it was well worth it!

Bunny
08-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Very cool!