PDA

View Full Version : Did my thumb grow?

Blomer
08-08-2014, 09:27 PM
I am having problems with getting my thumb out of the ball smoothly. Even with easy slide or thumb tape it's just not like it was. I had my newer ball thumb hole opened up and have no problems at all. But the ball I have had for a year, where I had no problems, I can't get the thumb out smoothly and is changing my shot. Has anyone had something like this happen to them. I don't know if I should have it opened up or what?

Shaneshu87
08-08-2014, 09:44 PM
i would open it up a little, believe it or not 10 extra pounds of body weight can change your thumb "ring" size. and yes as you bowl your thumb swells, humidity can cause your thumb to swell, to much beer can cause your thumb to swell, there are a great many things that can cause your thumb to swell, at one point in my life i was staring diabetes in the face and this caused my whole hand to swell

Amyers
08-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Yes this can deffinetly happen. Have them open it up and make sure they open it enough to get 2 to 3 pieces of tape in the thumb hole. That way if you need to adjust it you have some wiggle room.

mike_thomas93
08-17-2014, 07:28 PM
It can also be a factor of environmental changes, bascially seasonal changes. Your thumb tends to swell and shrink at some points of the seasons. That's natural. I've even mentioned that to my pro shop guy before, and he told me that.

Aslan
08-18-2014, 12:55 PM
My thumb will swell if I'm gripping the ball too tightly.