PDA

View Full Version : What supplies do you keep in the bag?

historian
08-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Hi all, first post.

I am returning to bowling after a few years away. This past weekend I picked up a Cyclone and I am trying to get loosened up to get back into a normal practice schedule. Just got to thinking about what supplies I need to keep in the bag as I really don't know much about how the game has changed over the last 10 years. Anyway, as I cam trying to get caught up, let me know what you keep in the bag to help in difficult situations.

Thanks for the help.

Shaneshu87
08-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Hi all, first post.

I am returning to bowling after a few years away. This past weekend I picked up a Cyclone and I am trying to get loosened up to get back into a normal practice schedule. Just got to thinking about what supplies I need to keep in the bag as I really don't know much about how the game has changed over the last 10 years. Anyway, as I cam trying to get caught up, let me know what you keep in the bag to help in difficult situations.

Thanks for the help.

first off welcome to the boards!

secondly i keep a variety of things in the bag, i have a roll of bowlers tape (for grip if necessary), a roll of thumb tape (to help prevent swelling and blisters), some easy slide (just in case my thumbs swells too much), a rosin bag(to help keep my hands dry), a wire brush (in case i step on something with my slide foot), and KT tape for my ring finger knuckle, and i almost forgot lol some cleaner and my micro fiber Black Widow towel!

Amyers
08-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Mine is the same as shaynes except I also keep fingernail clippers, Advil, Roby's skin patch, and a slicker set of soles for my SST8's

Shaneshu87
08-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Mine is the same as shaynes except I also keep fingernail clippers, Advil, Roby's skin patch, and a slicker set of soles for my SST8's

hahaha i always use S10's for my sst8's and i always have a spare in my bag well

bowl1820
08-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Tape
Tape tool
Scissors/Knife
Multiple towels
Spray Ball Cleaner
Instant glue
Fingernail clippers
Pain reliever
Waterproof shoe covers
Wire shoe brush
Hand dry bag
Skin patch
Sandpaper/abrasive pads
Calculator
Pen
Note pad
Easy Slide
Extra slide soles
Extra set of fingergrips

Lip balm: makes a very useful anti-sticking agent. Applying a bit of lip balm to the point on the thumb where the sticking is occurring can help free up a sticky release.

historian
08-09-2014, 04:56 PM
first off welcome to the boards!

secondly i keep a variety of things in the bag, i have a roll of bowlers tape (for grip if necessary), a roll of thumb tape (to help prevent swelling and blisters), some easy slide (just in case my thumbs swells too much), a rosin bag(to help keep my hands dry), a wire brush (in case i step on something with my slide foot), and KT tape for my ring finger knuckle, and i almost forgot lol some cleaner and my micro fiber Black Widow towel!

Pretty much what I have picked up over the weekend to get me started. And Amyers, I carry a bookbag with a mobile-pharmacy in it LOL. I am getting old and broke down. So advil is a given. In the past I used super glue instead of skin-patch, and I need to get a few tubes for the bag.

Anybody else carry spare socks? I've always done that too.

Amyers
08-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Forgot scissors and shoe covers

historian
08-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Tape
Tape tool
Scissors/Knife
Multiple towels
Spray Ball Cleaner
Instant glue
Fingernail clippers
Pain reliever
Waterproof shoe covers
Wire shoe brush
Hand dry bag
Skin patch
Sandpaper/abrasive pads
Calculator
Pen
Note pad
Easy Slide
Extra slide soles
Extra set of fingergrips

Lip balm: makes a very useful anti-sticking agent. Applying a bit of lip balm to the point on the thumb where the sticking is occurring can help free up a sticky release.

Yeah I got a multi-tool in my bag and I don't know what I did without one to begin with. As for the pen, pad, and calculator, you can do all that with a smart-phone. On that note, right now I'd rather not perform any mathematical functions involving my scores LOL.

tccstudent
08-09-2014, 05:31 PM
To add to the list
Screen in case I need to work the thumb
A bevel tool
And the most important thing of all Copenhagen

Blomer
08-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Towel, thumb tape, thumb grip tape, cleaner, bowling ball cup to clean ball and store extra ball under ball return, multipurpose tool, a little extra cash as I never know whe I need a snack or if I forget my wallet.

coreyds012778
08-09-2014, 07:13 PM
2 or 3 towel, roll of thumb tape, scissors, tums, advil, shoe brush, knee brace, extra wrist brace. cleaners

Jaescrub
08-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Everything! I got a men's over night bag for super cheap. The wife and I keep three dif kinds of tape, cutters, slide, grip, grip bag, rosin bag, you name it we keep it on us ha ha ha.

rv driver
08-10-2014, 10:04 PM
I've got an old cordura flight bag that I use to keep stuff in. Lots of compartments and extra pockets. Works lots better than a bowling bag.