PDA

View Full Version : Correct downswing should be like a roller coaster going downhill.........

Hammer
08-10-2014, 11:12 PM
To accelerate your downswing correctly it should be like a roller coaster starting to go downhill. As the roller coaster starts to go downhill the weight of the coaster and gravity start to pull it downhill. As it gets near the bottom of the hill it is building up speed to make it over the next hill.

Your downswing should be like this. When your backswing reaches it's apex gravity, the weight of the ball and your forward slide start the ball downward. Where it is okay to add anything to the swing is right before the release area where your thumb will come out. What you don't want is to start muscling the ball at the very top of the backswing downward. This isn't easy to do especially on an important shot or a tight game where you need good shots. At such times you more than likely will grab the ball at the top because of anxiety to get the shot over with.

So when the downswing is ready to start downward have a light grip on the ball from the top to the bottom of the downswing because if you do your thumb will come out quickly and your hand will uncup or uncock naturally from the weight of the ball pulling down on your fingertips. You will get good revs if you do this right.

Emery
08-12-2014, 07:59 AM
This is something I've been trying to work on. I'm notorious for gripping and ripping the ball. I constantly try to remind myself to let the ball do the work. I've been getting better, but sometimes I forget after a couple adult fun sodas.

Blomer
08-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Yesterday I had a session with Bill Spigner and this was one thing he told me about my approach. He said I need to let the ball swing down on its own. He says I use to much muscle. It's so ething that will take time for me to get use to, but when I did it, I saw a lot of pin action. Going to practice it today.

Aslan
08-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Welp, somebody has been surfing the internet again.

Hammer
08-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Welp, somebody has been surfing the internet again.

How right you are. I was on a Bill Spigner link reading his articles in Bowling Digest. He has some good info that can help anybody to improve their game. I have been bowling for 28 years and I still find stuff that can help me in my game. There is a Bill Spigner link in the General Discussion Forum. Click on that and you can read his articles in Bowling Digest and Bowlers Journal.