PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary.

TotallyDefiant
08-11-2014, 11:08 AM
My bowling center celebrated its 50th Anniversary this weekend. They put on a 5 game tournament Friday night. The 1st and last games were normal bowling. 2nd and 4th games were 9 pin no tap and the 3rd game was 3-6-9. Friday night was a ton of fun. I bowled really well and only had 1 no tap strike all night which was in the 4th game 2nd frame. I rolled a 177, 232, 255, 222, 203. Finished in 8th place out of 65 people. Finished in the money so that was a big bonus.

Saturday night they had a sweeper, with a total of 103 people. This would have been a lot of fun except for one minor detail I missed and did not comprehend when I read it on the paper. It was a moonlight sweeper. Only thing on the lane I could see was the pin deck. Could not see any dots or arrows to line up with. I rolled a 158, 196, 178. Considering I could not see anything I do not think my scores are all that bad. Also in the second game second frame I threw both shots in the gutter. So I will take the 196 with a zero score in the second frame. All in all fun weekend.

rv driver
08-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Is your center mo-dairn, or has it retained it's 1964 retro feel, with ash trays, pink and white plastic benches, and wood lanes?

TotallyDefiant
08-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Is your center mo-dairn, or has it retained it's 1964 retro feel, with ash trays, pink and white plastic benches, and wood lanes?

Pretty much the only things they have updated in the center are the lanes and computers. The rest of the center is still very close to how it was when it opened 50 years ago from what I understand. It could still use a little more TLC but what older centers couldn't?

rv driver
08-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Pretty much the only things they have updated in the center are the lanes and computers. The rest of the center is still very close to how it was when it opened 50 years ago from what I understand. It could still use a little more TLC but what older centers couldn't?
Sometimes TLC cares the character right out of the place.