PDA

View Full Version : My cousin featured on "Gunslingers"

Bunny
08-11-2014, 05:46 PM
My cousin John Wesley Hardin is featured this Sunday on American Heros Channel's series "Gunslingers."

There's a new movie about him coming out too.
Www.facebook.com/Hardinthemovie

I recently saw an old movie about him called "Lawless Breed" that's on Netflix. It was little hokey but Rock Hudson and Dennis Hopper play my cousins so that was cool.

I was watching and thinking, "Wow! Cool. These are my people. Omg. They're horrible!"

fortheloveofbowling
08-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Hopefully you don't have his temper! Don't make bunny mad.:)

Aslan
08-11-2014, 06:30 PM
First person I've ever known that has apparently subscribed to Ancestry.com.

rv driver
08-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I have. We're related to George Washington through his mother's side of the family. The picture of him on the $1 bill looks exactly like my great-grandmother. My wife's family traces back to the 1200's in England. But that's not so cool as having famous gunslingers in the fam!

Bunny
08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Hopefully you don't have his temper! Don't make bunny mad.:)

LOL! There definitely is a temper that runs on that side of the family. There's a story that Wes shot a guy for snoring. I swear if I'd had a gun that one time I was on a mini tour with a band I was in, I may have shot our roadie. He was already annoying me because he refused to wear deodorant in AZ in August, so when the snoring that sounded like a freight train went on and on, I could have easily shot him! ;)

No need. Everything is on the interweb (as you call it) for free. I actually was doing some research on my husband's 3G Grandparents who are famous in Ireland. Francis and Hanna Sheehy-Skeffington. A movie came out recently called The Guard with Brendon Gleeson and one of the main characters is named after Francis. (It's a great friggen movie BTW! Check it out.)

It's a dream of ours to visit Ireland. Francis and Hanna did a Honeymoon bike trip that we would love to do as well. Someday! :)

I have. We're related to George Washington through his mother's side of the family. The picture of him on the $1 bill looks exactly like my great-grandmother. My wife's family traces back to the 1200's in England. But that's not so cool as having famous gunslingers in the fam!

That's awesome! Not that your G-Grandmother looks like George Washington but that you're related to him!

I think my GG Grandfathers knew Washington. Col. Joseph Hardin and his brother Capt. John Hardin fought in the French-Indian War and the War of Independence. They were granted land in Tennessee that is now Hardin County.

We're probably related at some point. :eek: Just about anyone who is of European white descent came out of Emperor Charlemagne. I can actually trace every step back to him, which is pretty cool I think. One of my GG Grandfathers was a Sheriff of Nottingham and one is on the Magna Charta.

rv driver
08-13-2014, 02:45 PM
LOL! There definitely is a temper that runs on that side of the family. There's a story that Wes shot a guy for snoring. I swear if I'd had a gun that one time I was on a mini tour with a band I was in, I may have shot our roadie. He was already annoying me because he refused to wear deodorant in AZ in August, so when the snoring that sounded like a freight train went on and on, I could have easily shot him! ;)

No need. Everything is on the interweb (as you call it) for free. I actually was doing some research on my husband's 3G Grandparents who are famous in Ireland. Francis and Hanna Sheehy-Skeffington. A movie came out recently called The Guard with Brendon Gleeson and one of the main characters is named after Francis. (It's a great friggen movie BTW! Check it out.)

It's a dream of ours to visit Ireland. Francis and Hanna did a Honeymoon bike trip that we would love to do as well. Someday! :)

That's awesome! Not that your G-Grandmother looks like George Washington but that you're related to him!

I think my GG Grandfathers knew Washington. Col. Joseph Hardin and his brother Capt. John Hardin fought in the French-Indian War and the War of Independence. They were granted land in Tennessee that is now Hardin County.

We're probably related at some point. :eek: Just about anyone who is of European white descent came out of Emperor Charlemagne. I can actually trace every step back to him, which is pretty cool I think. One of my GG Grandfathers was a Sheriff of Nottingham and one is on the Magna Charta.
Ooh! Tell us more about your band!

Bunny
08-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Ooh! Tell us more about your band!

It was a really fun band actually. Temper Tantrum. The songs kick ***. There's some awesome kid angst songs like "Grounded" and "ADHD." The lead singer was the guitar players daughter. She was like 12 I swear and rocked it! I filled in for the bass player who was in jail for drugs. They were just finishing in the studio at the time so I'm on one track of the cd. :cool:

Nothing like opening for Kansas but I've lived out my Rockstar dreams. I traveled a bit with X and The Knitters (a high school friend was their road manager) and met some great musicians and interesting people along the way. :)

rv driver
08-15-2014, 08:42 AM
We were quite an act for a while, locally. Opened for Kansas, Loverboy (we kicked Loverboy's snotty, snarky a$$es onstage -- all the other national acts were nice to us, except these bass-turds), Deadeye Dick and The Outfield, almost got to open for CS&N. Recorded a CD, got some air play on the radio. (It doesn't hurt being from the same town as The Ozark Mountain Daredevils.) What a great time. I played bass, too.

Bunny
08-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Very Cool! It should be fun! Lol! I've heard that from other people about Loverboy. Their song "Take Me To The Top" kicks serious arse though!

I watched Gunslingers last night. It was excellent. "Wes" a mean SOB, but he was also very smart and tough. He survived 16 years in a max security 6x6 cell and came out with a Law Degree.

I liked the part where he bamboozled Wild Bill. Looking forward to the movie!

rv driver
08-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Very Cool! It should be fun! Lol! I've heard that from other people about Loverboy. Their song "Take Me To The Top" kicks serious arse though!

I watched Gunslingers last night. It was excellent. "Wes" a mean SOB, but he was also very smart and tough. He survived 16 years in a max security 6x6 cell and came out with a Law Degree.

I liked the part where he bamboozled Wild Bill. Looking forward to the movie!
Hope you'll share the finished title with us, so we can all go see it!

Bunny
08-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Hope you'll share the finished title with us, so we can all go see it!

Thanks rv.

"Hardin" unless it gets changed.

http://www.facebook.com/Hardinthemovie

Also, check out The Guard with Brendon Gleeson and Don Cheedle. It's on DVD and Netflix and one of the movie channels. It's a good movie. It's the movie where one of the characters is named after my husband's GGGG Grandfather Francis Sheehy Skeffington. The writer and director had a family member killed in the Easter Uprising as well. Although, the character is a gangster and Francis was a pacifist and great person, as was his wife Hanna, so that's a little weird. They published a newspaper and were very active in Irish politics and fought for Irish civil rights. Hanna would later go one to fight for women's rights. Hanna would protest and get arrested then released because she would refuse to eat. She fought the evil British Empire rule of Ireland and would throw rocks at the Courthouse! I love her! She was an amazingly tough women. She went on to write and speak prolifically. They're both very inspirational to us.

Just a bit about them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Sheehy-Skeffington
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanna_Sheehy-Skeffington