PDA

View Full Version : wow scrap metal surprise

coreyds012778
08-13-2014, 04:16 PM
took some scrap metal to the scrap yard for work, payment was what they gave me for it. me and one of my co workers thought I would only get $10 to $15. I think my boss thought I would get more. ended up being $27.20 for just under 200lbs of scrap.
that made me start thinking that was a be a good way to save up more for a new ball or supplies for my other hobby.

Aslan
08-13-2014, 06:09 PM
I know lots of people with this same story. But they are all homeless and have no computer access accept the public library.

tccstudent
08-13-2014, 07:04 PM
You know a lot of homeless people that sell scrap metal to buy bowling balls with

Aslan
08-13-2014, 07:13 PM
You know a lot of homeless people that sell scrap metal to buy bowling balls with

Since I walk buy them and pretend they don't exist....no, not necessarily. I just assume if a homeless person had spare scrap metal money...what else is he going to spend it on? Of course he's going to put it towards bowling equipment.

rv driver
08-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Since I walk buy them and pretend they don't exist....no, not necessarily. I just assume if a homeless person had spare scrap metal money...what else is he going to spend it on? Of course he's going to put it towards bowling equipment.
Funny thing about that though... I never seem to see any bowling balls in those shopping carts...

Amyers
08-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Funny thing about that though... I never seem to see any bowling balls in those shopping carts...

They have to keep them under the trash bags to keep the other homeless people from stealing them

coreyds012778
08-13-2014, 07:52 PM
sounds good on paper. anyway

coreyds012778
08-13-2014, 08:11 PM

it is a common practice in my other hobby to take scrap from the cleaning process to a recycler either sell it or trade for raw product to process. why not huh

rv driver
08-13-2014, 09:10 PM
They have to keep them under the trash bags to keep the other homeless people from stealing them
They hide 'em in the empty liquor bottles. The bottles rattle an alarm when someone tries to lift the balls.

classygranny
08-13-2014, 09:30 PM
They hide 'em in the empty liquor bottles. The bottles rattle an alarm when someone tries to lift the balls.

Must go in search of homeless person with bowling ball inside empty liquor bottle. Never seen THAT before!

rv driver
08-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Must go in search of homeless person with bowling ball inside empty liquor bottle. Never seen THAT before!
Hah! Should have said "piles of empty bottles..."

Although, you know those winos -- probably have a jeroboam laying around somewhere that might fit a bowling ball...