PDA

View Full Version : Boycott

tccstudent
08-18-2014, 03:11 PM
I am going to be boycotting hammer and bowlingball.com till I get a fair resolution.
In January I purchased the hammer 4 ball roller off of the website and after a month the handle was broken. I called them up and put me on the list to get a replacement handle which took a few months to receive.
After installing the replacement handle ( which was the same cheap material as the original ) it lasted only about two months at most.
I have been on the phone this morning with bowlingball.com and they will only request a new handle.
I was about to order 4 fusions to hoard this week but I guess I will be going somewhere else.

And I also have a few balls that I will be getting rid of if I do not receive swift resolution so if anyone wants a cheap deadly aim i may have one for sell pretty soon

Amyers
08-18-2014, 03:23 PM
you throw 15lbs or 16lbs tccstudent?

chrono00
08-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Could be interested in the deadly aim. Weight? Keep me posted

tccstudent
08-18-2014, 03:27 PM
I throw 15 I think this is a mid 15

tccstudent
08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Dang that was fast I sent basically the same message to hammer customer service and already have a reply so maybe I will still get to throw hammer

Amyers
08-18-2014, 03:49 PM
How did Hammer feel about your intention to purchase four Fusions? I'm just messing with ya good luck hope they take care of you.

tccstudent
08-18-2014, 04:01 PM
I didn't mention that or that I called my pro shop last week and told Phil to have a bw legend waiting on me this week

manke
08-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Glad you cold get it resolved.

Shaneshu87
08-18-2014, 04:41 PM
dude the legend is sick don't give up on hammer due to a crappy bag lol and i have had the same issue with my handle i just fixed mine on my own, stumbled across some luggage bags at a yard sale paid $5 for them and swapped the handles works like a charm and i don't have to fight the stupid button either lol

tccstudent
08-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Well the guy said he would have a whole new bag shipped to me immediately so maybe this one will hold up better

Shaneshu87
08-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Well the guy said he would have a whole new bag shipped to me immediately so maybe this one will hold up better

i hope so too for your sake, ever since changing my handle completely out i have had zero problems with mine, everybody has to pinch pennies somewhere.

Aslan
08-18-2014, 06:00 PM
I thought this thread would be about boycotting the Virtual Bowling Tour...but nope.

Bowling ball bags are a tricky business. My brand new Ebonite Grand Tour 4-ball bag I've noticed the handle sometimes "bends" as I'm pulling it over a curb or whatnot. To carry so much weight, those things really should be made out of metal...but I think to save cost, they make as much out of plastic as possible.

I bought mine because
A) I was going to have 2 more balls drilled to create a little "arsenal".
B) I was tired of killing my shoulder with that 2-ball shoulder bag.

The downside...is I'm now killing my back by lugging this 4-ball roller (with 1-ball joey) up and down the stairs to my apartment and in and out of my car. I guess there's no way around the fact that bowling balls are heavy.

Even though you're a VBT quitter (BOO!), I do hope you get it resolved. I've had nothing but great customer service from both BowlerX and Bowlingball.com so this seems rather odd.

Jaescrub
08-18-2014, 06:49 PM
So I can't read the first page "mobile" but if we are talking about Bowling bags and I take it we are you can't go wrong with KR strike force. My two ball roller had two tabs on the feet come off. I sent some Pics along with the invoice from buying the bag a yer ago. And I got a re: that day. The bag I had was no longer made and the only color they had was orange. As a die hard OU fan that was never going to happen. So they sent me a New Brunswick bag in black and silver ;) got in the same week! So I'm a KR/Brunswick bag fan for life!

zdawg
08-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Interesting, since I now have positive cash flow I will be investing in new bowling gear soon, one of the first things is a bag and I "think" I'm gonna go with one that can hold four balls. Looks like I will stay away from Hammer

Jaescrub
08-18-2014, 09:56 PM
I just ordered my wife a KR 4 ball roller she needs it has more equipment then me and she's about to add one more as she sold her last ball I won her so that she could but a solid. But for real just look at the reviews on the bags the KRs all have very good ones. C300,Ebi,Hammer,Storm,Rotogrip all have mixed half bad half Just Ok. KR bags are cheaper for the most part.

tccstudent
08-25-2014, 09:00 PM
I just got an email from UPS and I have a package coming tomorrow from Ebonite INTL

So I am going to go ahead and drill up the Legand since Hammer has made good in my eyes

Jaescrub
08-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Hey TCC if you know any local bowlers looking for a 2 ball roller I have a brand new one Black and silver Brunswick for 75$