PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any bowling ball....

Blomer
08-25-2014, 06:52 PM
If you could have any bowling ball, old or new, that you don't currently have, what would it be?

RobLV1
08-25-2014, 06:59 PM
If it's new, I'd buy it. If it's old, it's obsolete. Why are you asking this question?

Amyers
08-25-2014, 09:41 PM
If it's new, I'd buy it. If it's old, it's obsolete. Why are you asking this question?

As far as it goes for me at least between the balls I'd like to have the wife would like to have and my kids would like to have it's pretty much guaranteed somebody doesn't have something they would like to have since I personally don't have an unlimited bowling budget.

So something new I would like to have one of the Rotogrip hysteria think it would work nicely as a step down from the asylum but I haven't talked to my pro shop guy about it as I don't have the funds yet but maybe with the check from my second place league finish maybe.

As for old and obsolete I know you Rob believe that a ball is a ball and all that matters is the numbers but I'm pretty sure 99% of bowlers have a ball that they believe gave them a different look or reaction than they can get today. Maybe that's misguided and wrong headed but I know that they believe in it and if you believe in it that can carry over into your game crazy or not.

As for me something old I've been away from the game too long and missed to many balls. My all time favorite ball was a blue pearl hammer but I realize this ball wouldn't be today what it was then on the shorter oil patterns we played on in those days.

bowl1820
08-25-2014, 09:56 PM
If you could have any bowling ball, old or new, that you don't currently have, what would it be?

The original clear skull ball. (Not the later production ones)

the one in the movie Mystery Men would even better.

Amyers
08-25-2014, 10:15 PM
The original clear skull ball.

My pro shop guy has one of these he keeps trying to talk me into that he purchased from an estate. Too much money for me a spare ball but it is cool.

bubba809
08-25-2014, 10:29 PM
I would like to try a ball from Motiv. Haven't taken that leap yet. I would also get an old Black Widow Pearl (if I could get new). And of course this week's give away, a Deadly Aim from Hammer :)

This was a good and legit question Blomer.

bowl1820
08-25-2014, 10:44 PM
My pro shop guy has one of these he keeps trying to talk me into that he purchased from an estate. Too much money for me a spare ball but it is cool.

I wouldn't use it as a spare ball, I'd want display it. So It would have to be undrilled.

coreyds012778
08-25-2014, 11:06 PM
center I bowl at has a bunch of older plastic balls back behind the counter. they have a skull. of course, for sale lol.

tccstudent
08-25-2014, 11:19 PM
I would take Roy munsun's ball from the movie king pin then I would sell it and buy bunches of bowling balls

Hampe
08-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Either the Motiv Primal Rage or the RG Hyper Cell. Those are my two most wanted balls right now.

rv driver
08-26-2014, 09:09 AM
The original clear skull ball. (Not the later production ones)

Especially if it made that sound when it rolled, and came with Jeanine Garafalo... to hook up with my inner Shhpleen, of course...

rv driver
08-26-2014, 09:13 AM
I think I'd like to have a Motiv Venom toxin, or a Columbia Eruption Pro. Different balls with different numbers. I'm also interested, for some reason, in the Blue Hammer.

Jaescrub
08-26-2014, 11:27 AM
If I could have any ball it would smell like a Japanese Squash Air freshener. It would be a solid with a Low RG. ;)

Aslan
08-26-2014, 01:02 PM
A NIB, undrilled Hammer Big Block Diesel.

http://www.bowlingballexchange.com//upload_files/brhammerbigblockdiesel1.jpg

Thats the only ball I've searched and searched for but have never found a suitable option. I've found a couple used, some very used, drilled...but usually for a rather high price tag given their age/condition or not in a weight I want.

MiggityMatt
08-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Would love to get a new Hyper Cell for myself. The wife needs a new ball too. She loves blue so I think the Spike would make her day.

rv driver
08-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Isn't the color thing funny with some women? My daughter's new boyfriend is an avid bowler, and yesterday I asked her what ball he was throwing. She said, "It's blue." Doesn't matter what the numbers are. Doesn't matter how it performs; whether it's a skid/flip or a smooth arc. Doesn't matter if it's a heavy or light oil ball. Doesn't even matter what brand it is. The most important thing is: "It's pretty!" These days, that it "smells pretty."

Bunny
08-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Isn't the color thing funny with some women? My daughter's new boyfriend is an avid bowler, and yesterday I asked her what ball he was throwing. She said, "It's blue." Doesn't matter what the numbers are. Doesn't matter how it performs; whether it's a skid/flip or a smooth arc. Doesn't matter if it's a heavy or light oil ball. Doesn't even matter what brand it is. The most important thing is: "It's pretty!" These days, that it "smells pretty."

Lol!

That reminds me of my husband's friend Kendal. They've been buddies since they were kids. He's a really good bowler. My husband says that he just always has been. Don't think he competed in Jr's or anything but his Dad was an avid bowler. Anyway, they went bowling a while back. Kendal walked in with his ratty, old shoes tied together hanging over his shoulder, and carrying one ball in a vintage style bag.

My husband asked him, "What ball are you throwing?"

Kendal replied, "I dunno. The green one. It's my wife's old ball."

He then proceeded to roll three games all over 200 with ease after not bowling for the last few years. :eek:

Stormed1
08-27-2014, 12:28 PM
As far as anolder ball it would be the Ballistik Kryptonite or a Storm Tour Power. Anything current i would just buy it

Amyers
08-27-2014, 12:40 PM
As far as anolder ball it would be the Ballistik Kryptonite or a Storm Tour Power. Anything current i would just buy it

Hey Stormed1 Glad to see you back on

Shaneshu87
08-27-2014, 12:47 PM
original balck widow NIB i have one drilled and cracked but i would love a NIB to never ever ever drill ;)

MiggityMatt
08-27-2014, 04:13 PM

Yeah, it's funny. I don't mind though, because it's an easy way to get some bonus points. :)

Aslan
08-27-2014, 07:12 PM
original balck widow NIB i have one drilled and cracked but i would love a NIB to never ever ever drill ;)

Good luck. An old bowling partner of mine also wanted that and both times he found one the people wanted over $300.

Geneo2u
08-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Still looking for that magic ball,

MICHAEL
08-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Still looking for that magic ball,

The Magic is NEVER the ball, but the person that's throwing it!! I would say YOUR DOING pretty damn good bud!!!! What was that on your first day of Wednesday league,,, 244, 248, and I can't remember your third game... LOL,,, You don't need MAGIC,,, you have the GIFT!!! What is your average on that league... :rolleyes: mr. looing for the magic ball guy!!!???