PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd's Scores!

Lloyd6770
08-26-2014, 11:03 AM
So, I've been having a problem with consistency, which I think stems from a lack of stamina when it comes to game 3, so I'm going to be trying to bowl more than 3 games at a time, and maybe more than once a week, hah. Here are my scores/stats from this past weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/cjPSZP2.png

Now, this past weekend was interesting. I could tell in the middle of game 4, I was very tired. Also, 1 of the 2 lanes was unbelievably dry, so that was a fun experience... NOT. It was like bowling on sand paper. Throughout the night, I'd venture to guess that 1/2 my strikes were Brooklyn because of the dry lanes, and me not being sure how to adjust for conditions that heavy.

Also, just for fun, the 1 split that I managed to pick up was the 3, 9, 10. Kicked the 3 off the wall in to the 10, and the 10 kicked over and hit the 9. I was pretty happy with that shot.

Amyers
08-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Actually it would be conditions that light or dry. as far as adjustments go continue to move left with the feet and target until you find some oil. Looks like you were more consistent with your bowling this week. just remember if the ball is hooking too much/early move over left : too little /too late move right with your target and feet.

Lloyd6770
08-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Amyers - When I said conditions that heavy, I just meant something that far off what I would consider average. But yes, the 1 lane was very light/dry on oil. I will definitely keep those adjustments in mind if I have trouble next week. Hopefully the lanes won't be quite as ravaged from bday parties and stuff.

I was actually surprised with my consistency this week, it was better than usual. A 34-pin difference between my low and high games isn't bad at all for me.

Lloyd6770
09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
This week was still interesting, but because it went against my normal pattern so much.

http://i.imgur.com/kawOgYU.png

I have no idea what happened for game 2. Everyone on our two lanes had trouble for game 2. I think from game 1 to game 2, everyone's scores dropped 30-40 points or more.

The only adjustment I made for the 2nd half of game 2 and all of game 3 was, I quit trying too hard. As soon as I calmed down from starting game 2 with 5 consecutive open frames, everything fell back in to place, and I finished with game 3 being pretty respectable.

Amyers
09-02-2014, 05:23 PM
This week was still interesting, but because it went against my normal pattern so much.

http://i.imgur.com/kawOgYU.png

I have no idea what happened for game 2. Everyone on our two lanes had trouble for game 2. I think from game 1 to game 2, everyone's scores dropped 30-40 points or more.

The only adjustment I made for the 2nd half of game 2 and all of game 3 was, I quit trying too hard. As soon as I calmed down from starting game 2 with 5 consecutive open frames, everything fell back in to place, and I finished with game 3 being pretty respectable.

Sometimes you just have those games the important thing is you came back from it and shot a good score after it

Lloyd6770
09-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Sometimes you just have those games the important thing is you came back from it and shot a good score after it

I was very happy with game 3. Not just because it was a pretty good game, but because it came after the really bad game. I was surprised how much better I did when I stopped trying so hard. Trying too hard must have messed up my timing or something, something was obviously off.

MICHAEL
09-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Good, Better, Best,,,,,,,,, never let it rest,,,, till your good is BETTER, Till your BETTER is BEST!!! Go get them there pins,,,,(:)

classygranny
09-02-2014, 10:39 PM
I was very happy with game 3. Not just because it was a pretty good game, but because it came after the really bad game. I was surprised how much better I did when I stopped trying so hard. Trying too hard must have messed up my timing or something, something was obviously off.

Usually when we try too hard, we tense up. The best bowling is usually done with a relaxed arm swing and a relaxed mind.

Good recovery after the second game!

Lloyd6770
09-18-2014, 04:21 PM
So this last weekend was nice and relaxed. Just went with a few friends, didn't do the normal thing. My games were 201, 174, 166. That's a 180.33 average, which I like. Throughout the 3 games, I had a total of 13 strikes, 11 spares, and 6 opens (1 split). Of those 6 opens, I know at least 2, I think 3, were 10-pin spares.

My next goal is either a clean game, (I inevitably screw up 1 frame), or a 600 series, (Best to date is 592).

Lloyd6770
11-03-2014, 12:45 PM
So... I finally figured out what I need to bowl better. Freshly oiled lanes! Not bowling in leagues, I am at the mercy of whoever has bowled on the lane I end up on, since the last time it was oiled. Sometimes the lanes are really slick, sometimes they are like bowling on sand paper. I got to the alley, and they said that if I wanted to wait about 10 minutes, I could bowl on fresh oil, and I jumped at that chance.

I ended up throwing a 210, 189, and 218. That's a 617 series, so 205.66 average. I got a printout because it was my first 600 series, and I'm a nerd, hah.

The first game, I seemed to have a problem picking up spares. The rest of the games went pretty well. However, there was 1 oddity. It happens to me very rarely throwing a right-handed hook, but I had 2 pocket balls that missed the 8-pin.

Konvict1982
11-03-2014, 02:45 PM
So... I finally figured out what I need to bowl better. Freshly oiled lanes! Not bowling in leagues, I am at the mercy of whoever has bowled on the lane I end up on, since the last time it was oiled. Sometimes the lanes are really slick, sometimes they are like bowling on sand paper. I got to the alley, and they said that if I wanted to wait about 10 minutes, I could bowl on fresh oil, and I jumped at that chance.

I ended up throwing a 210, 189, and 218. That's a 617 series, so 205.66 average. I got a printout because it was my first 600 series, and I'm a nerd, hah.

The first game, I seemed to have a problem picking up spares. The rest of the games went pretty well. However, there was 1 oddity. It happens to me very rarely throwing a right-handed hook, but I had 2 pocket balls that missed the 8-pin.

Good bowling as a right hander when you miss the 8 it is due to the ball not driving into the pocket and deflecting back towards the right side it happens to everyone on occasion. Just keep making your spares and you will be golden.