PDA

View Full Version : Question about bowling averages.

Blomer
08-31-2014, 06:04 PM
Last Fall was my first league and my average was 160. This Fall, I will be doing two leagues. From what I am told, the first few weeks will figure out my new average. If I am doing two leagues this time, will I have two averages? Also, at the end of the leagues, will I still have two averages or do I average the two together to have one?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I would appreciate any and all response.

Amyers
08-31-2014, 06:12 PM
For each league you will have an average for that league. If it is sanctioned then both will be posted on bowl.com and they will have a composite of all of your averages which is what people mean when they say "book average"

Blomer
08-31-2014, 06:24 PM
For each league you will have an average for that league. If it is sanctioned then both will be posted on bowl.com and they will have a composite of all of your averages which is what people mean when they say "book average"

Excellent. Thanks so much!

RobLV1
08-31-2014, 07:03 PM
Do be aware that many leagues still consider your highest average of at least 21 games to be your "book average."

bowl1820
08-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Typically when they say "book average" they are referring to the Local Assoc. highest average of at least 21 games.

Now some leagues and tournaments will want your national "average", this would be your highest average of at least 21 games from any association.

As for composite average,
you would have a local assoc. composite average, which would be a composite average of your averages from each local league your in. then follows the National composite average.

Very few places use composite average though.

Blomer
09-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the info. I had no clue there were so many different types of averages.