PDA

View Full Version : Mudpuppy's 2014-2015 Bowling Scores

Mudpuppy
09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Tuesday, 02SEP2014, first night of league bowling

192, 156, 222 = 570

Not a bad start. We took all 7 points. Got off the ground rocking. Now Saturday I start my every other week league and then next week gone riding so I will miss bowling on Tuesday.

bubba809
09-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Good start puppy. I'll take that when I start tonight.

Mudpuppy
09-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Lanes broke down big time after first game so I struggled second game but moved left of all places and shot in and hard with the Melee and had a great shot 3rd game.

MICHAEL
09-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Not a bad series,,, warming up for our team battle: Bikers vs Surfer's! LOL I hope its not a Wipe-Out for them!! :rolleyes:

Mudpuppy
09-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Not a bad series,,, warming up for our team battle: Bikers vs Surfer's! LOL I hope its not a Wipe-Out for them!! :rolleyes:

Word Captain Goldwing. I'll be ready!

Mudpuppy
10-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Think I missed some scores - forgot all about this thread, lol.

Last night:

182-257-191 = 630

Really weird night. First and third game was headed to a 140 game and pulled it out of the garbage. Second game could not miss.

bowl1820
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
way to pull it out. good series.

Mudpuppy
10-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Well somedays you are the pigeon and other days the statue. I was definitely the statue last week. Nothing worked. Nothing went right. It was a disaster.

145, 174, 177 = 496

Aslan
10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Well somedays you are the pigeon and other days the statue. I was definitely the statue last week. Nothing worked. Nothing went right. It was a disaster.

145, 174, 177 = 496

Wow. Those are Aslanesque scores.

Mudpuppy
10-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Tonight = redemption

Amyers
10-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Good Luck Mud

bubba809
10-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I appreciate your honestly. Now crush them tonight.

MICHAEL
10-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Wow. Those are Aslanesque scores.

mike white said it mush have been BAD OIL!!! LOL Like that time the LION beat him on wood I believe... MIKE FEARS WOOD!!

HE DIDN"T EVEN LIKE THOSE WOOD BURINING KITS MOST KIDS HAD FOR CHRISTMAS BACK IN THE DAY!!

I wood expect he doesn't make the trip to Plattsburg, mainly because Aslan Rules on Wood! Rob,,,, who knows, he is still gloating in his victory in Vegas!!

With the six lanes we need to come up with a format, first! Then a good time and date for the original 5!!

I can help with information on lodging and group rates ect.

Mudpuppy
10-14-2014, 01:13 PM
And bikers get VIP accommodations I presume?

Mike White
10-14-2014, 03:18 PM

Sounds like in Plattsville, VIP means you sleep in the hay on the good side of the barn.

bubba809
10-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Well, how did the Mudpuppy do?

MICHAEL
10-15-2014, 08:33 AM

FOR YOU BED,,, noting but the best!!!

Sounds like in Plattsville, VIP means you sleep in the hay on the good side of the barn.

Actually MIKE, the loft is the area of the barn that the Bikers will have!! Great view of the small pond where the hogs go to cool off! West coast
guys will sleep with all the chickens,,, O,,,,O,,, I FORGOT,,, Number 1 Chicken form West Coast ( kitty Cat ) is having a midlife bowling melt down and will not be coming!

You know looking back at Muddpuppy and Icemans TOTAL scores, at that meeting in Vegas, Mine, including the warm up game, was 210! Considering it was my birthday and just born hours before the bowing started, I think I DID OK! Especailly after riding my bike out 1425 miles with my wife on the back, and pulling a trailer! I do think if Rob had not beat me by 3 FRICKEN pins,,, I just might have gone all the way! Mud bowled up a FRICKEN STORM on the original lanes, I need to go back and look at his average for the tournament,, it had to be huge also!!

This second meeting and new thread called: ( Real Men Are Not Afraid of Spiders, and Bowl Wood) , will be the final test as to who RULES!

Funny MIKE,,, I did have a few Farmers come up to me on my Thursday evening league, and say they just might have room in their hay barns for lodging! My first question was: "But are they spider FREE"?

Aslan, what a whoooish!!!!

I will start this new thread as we get closer to the event... time to start thinking about the DATE,,, It can be a ONE Day thing, or what ever.

I understand they have a Recluse Spider hunting tournament every spring,,,, big prizes for the most venomous one found! Could include the two?
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/gianormous-spiders-500x409_zpsc42b2c40.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/gianormous-spiders-500x409_zpsc42b2c40.jpg.html)

MUDPUPPY,,, how did you do buddy!!! Fellow spider lover, BIKER,,, and great bowler???

Mudpuppy
10-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Well kids it was an interesting night. I hate to have left you hanging but I think the story will make up for the lost time incurred.

Practice was typical - all over the place. But then I locked in with the first blood. Came out of the gate storming like sea biscuit at the kentucky derby. Quickly fell off the string and the ball was completely off the mark - and I'm sure I was as well. So what could have been a 220+ game turned into a 165. I was extremely disappointed and questioned my place within the bowling universe. Now including my saturday league I had thrown 7 subpar games in a row. I got down on my hands and knees, in my mind, and I plead that the bowling gods give me some clarity. Some understanding. Have I lost the ability to bowl? Is this it? Did I get too close to the little surfer boy Aslan and now I am doomed to a life of never being able to bowl again? WHY?!?!??! Elizabeth, this is it, I'm coming.... but then after that 10 second interlude I put the first blood away, grabbed the melee and proceeded to decimate the pins 2nd game single handedly beating the other team. High game 2nd game of both teams. Everyone was bowling poorly and I was on fire. / X / 8- X X X X X 9/8. 213. Now the first ball in the 10th frame jacked the 7 pin all up but it stood like a middle finger. Otherwise that 213 would have been more. Third game I started out 9/ 9/ 9/ 9/ and every single frame I moved until finally the 5th frame I reset to the left and bam there it was. Stormed through the rest of the game and ended the night with a 223. I needed a 222 for a 600 series :) So I took an absolute garbage first game and turned it into a decent evening - I know 601 isn't the greatest series ever but I feel like it was my best 600 series to date because I was able to recover after getting my teeth kicked in first game.

165-213-223 = 601

And my team took a much needed 7 points. After game 1 my average dropped 6 pins but by the end of the night I raised it 1 pin heading back to a 200+ average sitting at 193 currently.

The moral of the story kids: TAKE IT 1 BALL AT A TIME. Don't dwell on the last shot or the last game just focus on the pins in front of you.

bubba809
10-15-2014, 11:22 AM
You started out slow because you had 6 straight sub par games in a row prior to the night. That was clearly in your head. Now, after breaking out the last two, I am positive you will kill them your next time out. Confidence is everything. Very nice way to throw a 600!

JohnnyG
10-16-2014, 03:05 AM
I would love to see more bowling scores like that, I love this sport and I love popular guys doing it :P

Mudpuppy
10-17-2014, 01:47 PM
It definitely was in my head. And the more I struggled the more it was in my head. The woes of bowling. Like many other activities. No different than say baseball when you are in a batting slump. It happens. Some days you can't do any wrong and others you do nothing but wrong.

Tomorrow is my next set for my Saturday league. Hanging in 1st place in that league and filled with buckets o confidence going into tomorrow.

mc_runner
10-17-2014, 03:26 PM
As long as you don't fill the lanes with buckets. Good luck!

Mudpuppy
10-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Saturday 18OCT2014

211-221-198 = 630

Great series. Won brackets. Team took 7 points. Great night overall. Last game I had to strike in the 10th to secure the win so a little pressure - I may have PDW'd the anchor on the other team after I buried a beauty of a strike. Or maybe that was just his active imagination. I thought I said hey man good game in a humble respectful tone. But then again I was drinking a little..

Mudpuppy
10-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Tuesday 28OCT2014

Wow. It was ugly. Game 1 5 splits in a row moving left, right, back, forth, changing balls - didn't matter. Game 2 started with the church. It was one of those nights. But I never gave up never surrendered and I did some great damage control.

140-181-225 = 546

MICHAEL
10-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Tuesday 28OCT2014

Wow. It was ugly. Game 1 5 splits in a row moving left, right, back, forth, changing balls - didn't matter. Game 2 started with the church. It was one of those nights. But I never gave up never surrendered and I did some great damage control.

140-181-225 = 546

NEVER SURRENDER!!! The Biker's Creed! It shows, your adjustments improved your games all the way to your 225!!

Konvict1982
10-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Your bowling looks like mine. One week your shooting 600s the next your dumping 400s. LOL.

Mudpuppy
10-30-2014, 10:21 AM
NEVER SURRENDER!!! The Biker's Creed! It shows, your adjustments improved your games all the way to your 225!!

Never give up, never surrender. The bowling 4 step program. One ball at a time. When in doubt..................DRINK SHOTS!

MICHAEL
10-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Never give up, never surrender. The bowling 4 step program. One ball at a time. When in doubt..................DRINK SHOTS!

Drinking SHOTS,,, the HOLY WATER of BIKERS, Amen!!

Mudpuppy
10-30-2014, 04:21 PM
When all else fails try a shot of ethylene glycol - only the 0.0025%ers do that kind of over the top crazy stuff.

Mudpuppy
11-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Saturday, 01NOV2014

243-201-191 = 635

I started out with the Melee and mowed them down in the first game 9/ X X X X X X. It died off a bit in the 7th and an errant shot in the 8th but overall it was a great way to start the night. Felt the lanes start to change rapidly going into the second game. Switched over to the First Blood and had some success. Last game was a chess match and I was exactly where I was 7th frame of the second game in the 7th frame of the 3rd game. But I missed a 7 pin and therefore scored 10 pins lower. Our team took 5 points and I won brackets by 4 pins. So all in all a great night.

Konvict1982
11-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Nice bowling!

Mudpuppy
11-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Nice bowling!

Thanks.

I forgot to add last weeks:

Tuesday, 04NOV2014, election day:

199, 190, 205 = 594

Felt close all night just a mark or two away from a better series.

Mudpuppy
11-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Tuesday, 11NOV2014:

It was an unusually warm Tuesday on 11/11 here in the motor city. Any sign of winter seemed way off in the distance. I started off with two strikes in the first game and the ball was working great - and then it just disappeared. Chopped through the nose leaving the church. Followed by a missed 7 pin. Followed by a 6-7-10 split I missed. Followed by a chopped 6-7. 4 opens. Now I sit with a miserable 82 in the 6th frame but I remained focused on the next shot. I locked in and finished the game with a 6 bagger to pull off an amazing 202 out of thin air. But I wasn't done. The magic was in the air and I was in the zone. Threw the first 9 in the second game to pull off the polish 300 - total 15 strikes in a row. And now the real 300 was right there. I was ready. I was focused. I was not rattled. One more frame. Three balls. That was all that stood in front of me on my road to finally getting that elusive 300. Been there so many times before - 24 times I had 277, 278 or 279 and once a 298. I felt it. I saw it in my mind. Three more strikes. Then the bowling gods defecated all over me like a flock of pigeons leaving a taco bell dumpster. As I went up in the 10th I toweled off my ball careful to keep everything the same as the last 15 frames. Precisely approaching the task at hand. I turn around after throwing my towel on the table, as I did the last 15 frames and BAM there it was - the rack fell apart leaving half the pins scattered on the lanes. The fatal reset. I set my ball back down and tried to patiently wait for the reset. It got into my head and first ball in the tenth I pulled going high into the pocket leaving the 3 pin. Instantly deflated - WHY OH WHY BOWLING GODS DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!?!?! WHY DO YOU TOY WITH ME?!??! So ended with a 279 to add to my resume of close but no cigar games. Next week I pay homage to the bowling gods by retiring my old ebonite the one. I pray they accept my sacrifice and allow me another opportunity to finally get that perfect game. It's so difficult to even get to that point it's so disappointing to come so close but just miss it. But I feel great about my game and finally feel after a year and a quarter after 4 years off that it is finally coming back to me. Finally picking up where I left off and now I can improve upon it even more. And my cousin says since I am left handed I have to get a 300. It's a given. Ok well not sure about his logic but I'll take it.

202-279-159 = 640

Third game I couldn't find the pocket to save my life - the typical big game let down.

MICHAEL
11-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Tuesday, 11NOV2014:

It was an unusually warm Tuesday on 11/11 here in the motor city. Any sign of winter seemed way off in the distance. I started off with two strikes in the first game and the ball was working great - and then it just disappeared. Chopped through the nose leaving the church. Followed by a missed 7 pin. Followed by a 6-7-10 split I missed. Followed by a chopped 6-7. 4 opens. Now I sit with a miserable 82 in the 6th frame but I remained focused on the next shot. I locked in and finished the game with a 6 bagger to pull off an amazing 202 out of thin air. But I wasn't done. The magic was in the air and I was in the zone. Threw the first 9 in the second game to pull off the polish 300 - total 15 strikes in a row. And now the real 300 was right there. I was ready. I was focused. I was not rattled. One more frame. Three balls. That was all that stood in front of me on my road to finally getting that elusive 300. Been there so many times before - 24 times I had 277, 278 or 279 and once a 298. I felt it. I saw it in my mind. Three more strikes. Then the bowling gods defecated all over me like a flock of pigeons leaving a taco bell dumpster. As I went up in the 10th I toweled off my ball careful to keep everything the same as the last 15 frames. Precisely approaching the task at hand. I turn around after throwing my towel on the table, as I did the last 15 frames and BAM there it was - the rack fell apart leaving half the pins scattered on the lanes. The fatal reset. I set my ball back down and tried to patiently wait for the reset. It got into my head and first ball in the tenth I pulled going high into the pocket leaving the 3 pin. Instantly deflated - WHY OH WHY BOWLING GODS DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH?!?!?! WHY DO YOU TOY WITH ME?!??! So ended with a 279 to add to my resume of close but no cigar games. Next week I pay homage to the bowling gods by retiring my old ebonite the one. I pray they accept my sacrifice and allow me another opportunity to finally get that perfect game. It's so difficult to even get to that point it's so disappointing to come so close but just miss it. But I feel great about my game and finally feel after a year and a quarter after 4 years off that it is finally coming back to me. Finally picking up where I left off and now I can improve upon it even more. And my cousin says since I am left handed I have to get a 300. It's a given. Ok well not sure about his logic but I'll take it.

202-279-159 = 640

Third game I couldn't find the pocket to save my life - the typical big game let down.

LOL,,, yes I have been there many times myself... LOL just last week I had that fricken 280, but no RING!! It's CRAZY how many times many of use out here get SO CLOSE, only to have a Ringing Ten pin or what ever!! Yes I have had the 279 even like you a in my first year of bowling a 298, ( that I have a trophy for, non sanctioned league), but then they came,,, the 300s!

Believe me bud,,, your close to getting that ring! Maybe at the never been done wood lanes of Plattsburg Missouri!! LOL Still nice shooting!!!

YOU ICED yourself doing the re-rack....lol like in football!!! Very funny!!! LOL ice

Guess what Iceman is putting together today!!?? YES my own shuffleboard table! will post a picture after its up and running!!

mc_runner
11-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Like a flock of pigeons leaving a taco bell dumpster... lol.

Mudpuppy
11-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Yes, ICED myself. Munsoned. BUT I live to bowl another day. I will one day soon reach the 300 promised land and then I will finally hear the choir of angels and feel the champagne rain from the heavens. A 300 on a THS? Unthinkable. It's a bit of an anomaly in the universe. But I'll get it and I will take it. Never fear, MP is here (to save the day? or to just entertain you, like a clown I AM here to a-muse you)

Mike White
11-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Tuesday, 11NOV2014:

202-279-159 = 640

Okay, crap happens, but explain how a lefty can leave a high 3 pin on any kind of shot they might think had a chance of striking?

I can see a light 3 pin, or a high 2 pin, but high 3 pin just doesn't compute.

Mudpuppy
11-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Okay, crap happens, but explain how a lefty can leave a high 3 pin on any kind of shot they might think had a chance of striking?

I can see a light 3 pin, or a high 2 pin, but high 3 pin just doesn't compute.

You are correct sir. It was the 2 or 4. Not sure - it moved from original location in the chaos of the ball hitting the pins, halfway to original position of 5 pin. I missed my 1-1/2 boards left of second arrow mark and went 1 board right of 2nd arrow and it was disastrous.

Mike White
11-14-2014, 03:58 PM
You are correct sir. It was the 2 or 4. Not sure - it moved from original location in the chaos of the ball hitting the pins, halfway to original position of 5 pin. I missed my 1-1/2 boards left of second arrow mark and went 1 board right of 2nd arrow and it was disastrous.

Ok tell me if this sounds reasonable.

You tugged the ball, hit a bit high, and pushed the 6 pin out of range towards the 5/9 area.

Aslan
11-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Tuesday, 11NOV2014:

202-279-159 = 640

Cliff Notes Version: Mudpuppy bowled 2 good games and then the steroids wore off and he got distracted by someone waving a shiny object. Also, he doesn't know the difference between a 2-pin a 4 pin or 6-pin.

Mudpuppy
11-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Ok tell me if this sounds reasonable.

You tugged the ball, hit a bit high, and pushed the 6 pin out of range towards the 5/9 area.

Yes - that is probably exactly what happened

and no Aslan I don't have the pins memorized

Mudpuppy
11-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Saturday, 15NOV2014:

204, 224, 203 = 631

Was super consistent. Ball was working good. Switched between Melee and First Blood a few times when I felt it was time. Won brackets again. We remain in first place - took 5 points even with giving up 200 pins per game handicap. All in all a great night bowling.

Konvict1982
11-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Saturday, 15NOV2014:

204, 224, 203 = 631

Was super consistent. Ball was working good. Switched between Melee and First Blood a few times when I felt it was time. Won brackets again. We remain in first place - took 5 points even with giving up 200 pins per game handicap. All in all a great night bowling.

Awesome bowling!

Mudpuppy
11-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Tuesday, 18NOV2014:

179-223-215 = 617

First game struggled big time yet again. Not sure why I am struggling so much first game. It's consistently bad. But by the end I strung together 3 strikes to close out a salvaged 179 to keep the series honest anyways. Threw the next 3 in the 2nd game for 6 in a row. 2nd game was pretty consistent. 3rd game I figured out that the First Blood was solid on the left lane and the Melee on the right so I went with that and maintained consistency other than some poor shots but ended on a good note for a decent series. Started with the Melee. Maybe next week will start with the First Blood. Overall other than a few bad frames first game I felt pretty good - was sick Saturday night, sunday, monday and woke up Tuesday feeling like death. But I preserved and I bowled on. By the end of the night I literally was exhausted and fell into bed. Today I feel better. The 58 degrees down to 17 degrees wiped me out - threw my system out of whack. Been fighting it. Keeping up on exercise and eating a little better. It is helping along with plenty of fluids - water, tea, gatorade, green smoothies. What I have learned though on Tuesdays is adjust early and adjust often. Don't get stagnant on a mark or shot. Adjust, adjust, adjust. And it has worked quite well.

Mudpuppy
11-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Ah Tuesday. The sweet smell of success once again came my way. Decided early to go with the First Blood out of the gate and it was an epic result. It was rolling good through about 8 frames. Made quick adjustments. Made quick ball change in the 9th to the Melee. And my second best series ever happened. Was locked in and couldn't seem to miss. A couple of errant shots kept me from back to back 300 games.

Tuesday, 25NOV2014:

220, 278, 279 = 777

2 pins away from my best ever 779 series and now this year I have shot 666 (Vegas) and 777. Quite ironic I find it. Feeling extremely good. Focus is good. Physically feel better than I ever had - started working out 3 weeks ago and it is helping big time. The ball felt about 2 lbs last night in my hands.

Aslan
11-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Man. Thats some crazy style bowling!!!

Almost an 800!!

Mudpuppy
11-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Man. Thats some crazy style bowling!!!

Almost an 800!!

I was locked in man. Just had a line, rode the line. MWhite will probably say I surfed the wall of oil or stenciled or spray canned. If it was that easy then I guess the people who bowled 500 series or lower last night really aren't that smart. Even the 2 other left handers.

MICHAEL
11-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Ah Tuesday. The sweet smell of success once again came my way. Decided early to go with the First Blood out of the gate and it was an epic result. It was rolling good through about 8 frames. Made quick adjustments. Made quick ball change in the 9th to the Melee. And my second best series ever happened. Was locked in and couldn't seem to miss. A couple of errant shots kept me from back to back 300 games.

Tuesday, 25NOV2014:

220, 278, 279 = 777

2 pins away from my best ever 779 series and now this year I have shot 666 (Vegas) and 777. Quite ironic I find it. Feeling extremely good. Focus is good. Physically feel better than I ever had - started working out 3 weeks ago and it is helping big time. The ball felt about 2 lbs last night in my hands.

GREAT SHOOTING Bike Bud!!!! It must be a biker THING! YES,,, your doing all the right things,, working out helps so many aspects of bowling including balance and strength..... but FOCUS,,, YES,,,, something All Bikers have that are still alive after all the crap we have been through on the Road, and Off!

FOCUS is HUGE!!

SWEET,,,, very nice games and series,,,, soon we will both hit that elusive 800!!! HOW do I fricken know that??? I am not only a GOD now, but a Fricken Biker!!!!
But if I had to give one up, (being a god or a biker), it would be a no brainer!!! Walking on water is a drag, compared to riding my bike cross country!!! huuu RA!!!!!

Mudpuppy
11-26-2014, 05:01 PM
GREAT SHOOTING Bike Bud!!!! It must be a biker THING! YES,,, your doing all the right things,, working out helps so many aspects of bowling including balance and strength..... but FOCUS,,, YES,,,, something All Bikers have that are still alive after all the crap we have been through on the Road, and Off!

FOCUS is HUGE!!

SWEET,,,, very nice games and series,,,, soon we will both hit that elusive 800!!! HOW do I fricken know that??? I am not only a GOD now, but a Fricken Biker!!!!
But if I had to give one up, (being a god or a biker), it would be a no brainer!!! Walking on water is a drag, compared to riding my bike cross country!!! huuu RA!!!!!

Thank you my biker brother from another mother. We shall roll 800s soon. A couple of more marks and I was there. And this is after I rolled 15 in a row a couple of weeks ago. This is a trend not a fluke or rare occurrence. I'm trending...... How high will I go? Only time will tell.

...did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?

fortheloveofbowling
11-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Nice shooting, keep it up!

vdubtx
11-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Great shooting Mud!!!

Mudpuppy
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Nice shooting, keep it up!

Great shooting Mud!!!

Thanks. Locked in this year and looking for more. Like Remember the Titans - I WANT SOME MORE, I WANT SOME MORE

Mudpuppy
12-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Tuesday, 02DEC2014:

Consistent all night. Close to big games but just a mark or two off. First game First Blood was solid through 8, switched to Melee in 9th and it rolled perfect to end the game. Second game I switched it up and went with First Blood on left lane and Melee on right. That was ok but I felt the Melee was rolling better so I just adjusted my mark and feet on left lane with success in the 3rd game and rolled the Melee on both lanes. Used the rest of my ball cleaner so it's time to head back to the pro shop for some cleaner and resurfacing next week - it's time I think.

222-213-225 = 660

Amyers
12-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Any night that ends on the plus side of 650 is a good night. Congrats Mud

vdubtx
12-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Agreed Amyers, 650+ on any night is a win in my book. Nice shooting Mud. :cool:

Mudpuppy
12-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks fellas. I agree. Any night north of 650 is a very good night, period. I'm really happy with just consistently bowling 600. Feeling great this year. Rolling really well. Getting a lot of fingers into it and my revs are way up. Staying in the oil and just destroying the pins on impact.

fortheloveofbowling
12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Nice bowling again. What are you averaging in your leagues so far?

Blacksox1
12-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Mudpuppy laying the wood, with good scores, just like a lumberjackal.:cool:

Mudpuppy
12-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Nice bowling again. What are you averaging in your leagues so far?

204 in both leagues :)

Up from 191 & 192 last year

Mudpuppy laying the wood, with good scores, just like a lumberjack.

Thanks B Money. Feeling the flow. Easing the tension. In my happy place. I'm a lumberjackal.

Mudpuppy
12-10-2014, 11:45 AM
What do you do when you're on a roll? You keep rolling and when you're on a roll in bowling that works because you roll the ball.... it's like a beautiful vicious spherical object with beer and shots involved.

Tuesday, 09DEC2014:

237, 198, 224 = 659

Pretty consistent overall. Maybe 1 too many shots of alcohol. Maybe a little over confident (threw the ball, turned my back and walked away as the pins disintegrated). I threw a 237 first game solely with the First Blood and then 1st frame second game came out with the Melee. People questioned my timing of the ball change. I'm an anarchist. I like to be radical. And if I hadn't yanked the first 2 shots I would have had the first 6 in the 2nd game. But I had 2 spares, 4 strikes, tapped and fell apart at the end to finish under 200. 3rd game had a chance at a 260 game. Just poor timing on a split in the 10th and a couple of missed shots before so ended the night with 224. Happy overall shooting 659. Never a bad night when you're north of 650. Maybe I should take it a little more serious? But hell I'm just shooting a THS riding the wall of oil with a resin ball spray painting all over the lane as MWhite would say so it really doesn't matter does it?

Amyers
12-10-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't know the results look pretty good to me.

fortheloveofbowling
12-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Nice, keep it going!

Mudpuppy
12-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't know the results look pretty good to me.

Nice, keep it going!

Thanks. Having a lot of fun this year. Just rolling. I think my laid back attitude is helping. I don't go in with any expectations. Just having fun. Like the hokey pokey - that's what it's all about.

Mudpuppy
12-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Prebowled today. Reminded me why I HATE practice and open bowling so much. It was brutal. Just couldn't get into it. Second practice ball my wrist snapped and the rest of the practice and 3 games I tried to ignore the pain in my wrist and hand. Didn't work. I focused way too much on whether I could throw the ball and the pain wouldn't affect me. And I was throwing the ball way too hard - like 17.50mph. Too much - cut through the nose more often than not. So ultimately I kind of hurt my team. Bowled 40 under average first game, 12 under second and 20 under third. If I had not prebowled then they would just take -10 for me - they would have been better off. Oh well. Dropped my average from 204 to 200. So now they have lots of work to do on Saturday in my absence, lol.

Saturday 13DEC2014 (prebowled Thursday 11DEC2014):

164, 192, 184 = 540

Looking forward to just getting back to regular league bowling on Tuesday. To prebowl today had to commit a cardinal sin - leave my bowling balls in the trunk in 22 degree weather. I NEVER do that. But it would have cost me 20+ minutes to drive home, get the balls and then head back to the bowling alley and I only have 1 hour for lunch as it is. And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO done with this bowling alley. Once again I called up there to prebowl and it was the owner this time. And he gave me such a hard time. What time do you want to bowl? I don't know what's available? I don't know what time are you thinking? Now. Um ok well I guess so. I get there and they have 1 league with like 6 teams and like 40 lanes wide open. Give me a break. He was "worried" that I would run into his 3:30 leagues. Um it's 12pm and I am 1 person bowling 3 games. It's less than an hour of bowling. I'm no math major but I think that is plenty of time in between. Whatever. I'm finishing the year there and never bowling there again.

Mudpuppy
12-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Tuesday 16DEC2014

254-181-203 = 638

Started off on a complete tear. Could do no wrong. Totally lost focus and consistency in second game and struggled to get it back a little bit. After consistent high team series the last few weeks they moved me to anchor. Funny thing was our 4th bowler - who more often than not is our high bowler of the night - threw a 267 in the first game and then did exactly what I did - fell off second game but he stayed off 3rd game too finishing with a 609 series after such a huge start. The funny part is that he is right handed. So it wasn't lane breakdown. It was him and I having parallel mental breakdowns. We won first game. I had a chance to win the second game for the team - threw the first strike and then just total moment of unfocused bowling I threw a horrible second shot for a 6-7-10 split. That ended that chance. First chance at anchor and I totally blew it. Last night ended the first half. I will definitely take a 638 series any day of the week and move on to the second half next week with a ton of momentum.

vdubtx
12-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Nice shooting Mud. Having that anchor spot in a competitive setting is something to get used to. Just go about your business like nothing else matters and things will fall into place. Sure you will have some low points when it comes down to you making it happen, but you will learn from the let downs and begin to have more ups than downs. :cool: Keep at it Mud!

Mudpuppy
12-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Nice shooting Mud. Having that anchor spot in a competitive setting is something to get used to. Just go about your business like nothing else matters and things will fall into place. Sure you will have some low points when it comes down to you making it happen, but you will learn from the let downs and begin to have more ups than downs. :cool: Keep at it Mud!

Thanks bro. This is one of two teams I haven't been anchor on full time so I'm keen to the ins and outs of the anchor spot. Something is uniquely different about being anchor on this team and would have been on my previous team where I wasn't anchor. Little more pressure to perform in this setting. On Saturdays being the anchor is way more relaxed like it has been on all the teams I have been on. I think you're right - just bowl my game and don't worry about it. That's been the key to my success as a good anchor on the other teams. I don't even think about it.

fortheloveofbowling
12-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Tuesday 16DEC2014

254-181-203 = 638

Started off on a complete tear. Could do no wrong. Totally lost focus and consistency in second game and struggled to get it back a little bit. After consistent high team series the last few weeks they moved me to anchor. Funny thing was our 4th bowler - who more often than not is our high bowler of the night - threw a 267 in the first game and then did exactly what I did - fell off second game but he stayed off 3rd game too finishing with a 609 series after such a huge start. The funny part is that he is right handed. So it wasn't lane breakdown. It was him and I having parallel mental breakdowns. We won first game. I had a chance to win the second game for the team - threw the first strike and then just total moment of unfocused bowling I threw a horrible second shot for a 6-7-10 split. That ended that chance. First chance at anchor and I totally blew it. Last night ended the first half. I will definitely take a 638 series any day of the week and move on to the second half next week with a ton of momentum.

Nice bowling man!

Mudpuppy
12-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Nice bowling man!

thanks

Mudpuppy
01-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Tuesday, 23DEC2014:

186-190-214 = 590

Was just an overall off night

Saturday, 27DEC2014:

189-206-225 = 620

Overall decent night after losing brackets in 1st game

Tuesday, 30DEC2014:

236-234-188 = 658

Got my balls cleaned up and evaluated at the pro shop. No need to resurface just yet. So they are still rolling good. Overall felt great last Tuesday.

Blacksox1
01-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Tuesday, 23DEC2014:

186-190-214 = 590

Was just an overall off night

Saturday, 27DEC2014:

189-206-225 = 620

Overall decent night after losing brackets in 1st game

Tuesday, 30DEC2014:

236-234-188 = 658

Got my balls cleaned up and evaluated at the pro shop. No need to resurface just yet. So they are still rolling good. Overall felt great last Tuesday.

Nice scoring over 9 games. Nothing lower than 186. Good ball maintenance. Gold star status for the week.:cool:

Mudpuppy
01-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Nice scoring over 9 games. Nothing lower than 186. Good ball maintenance. Gold star status for the week.:cool:

Thanks. The pro shop guy said my balls, bowling balls that is, look to be in great shape that I am doing a good job of keeping them clean, etc. And I have been adjusting earlier and I have no been afraid to use different balls on different lanes or switch up depending on which one is working better at the time.

Mudpuppy
01-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Tuesday 06JAN2015
223-207-178 = 608

First game was ok. A little off. Second game way off but rallied with a 4 bagger at the end to get the 207. Third game I just lost it completely - had to throw a turkey in the 10th just to get the 178 and save the 600 series. Was sick on Monday. Felt better Tuesday all day but by the end of bowling was just mentally and physically worn out.

vdubtx
01-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Good work Mud. Battle it out to get that 600 series. I call that a win in my book. We all struggle and with these "wins" we get our confidence back up for the next time. :cool:

Mudpuppy
01-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Good work Mud. Battle it out to get that 600 series. I call that a win in my book. We all struggle and with these "wins" we get our confidence back up for the next time. :cool:

Thanks. Bowling Saturday then 2 weeks off.

Mudpuppy
01-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Saturday 10JAN2015
198-217-172 = 587

Saturday 24JAN2015
225-169-206 = 600

Tuesday 27JAN2015
235-213-210 = 658

Saturdays I feel lost all the time. Tuesdays I feel super comfortable and consistent.

Mudpuppy
02-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Tuesday 03FEB2015
199-255-163 = 617

Holy inconsistency batman. First game started strong finished horrible. Easily had like a 250 game and just fell apart in the late frames. Second game locked in threw the first 8, had a guy walk up on me and threw a split in the 9th. Still finished ok but was NOT happy. Third game I made a ball change - I don't know what is wrong with me, maybe my Mom dropped me on my head when I was a baby. But anyways it worked, at first. Threw the first 3 and then it really wasn't the ball I kept throwing it way too far inside. Horrible horrible game and destroyed my good series. And we lost totals by like 20 pins, my fault. The anchor blows it yet again. I lift them up to win the 2nd game and then drop them off the cliff in the 3rd. My head was way out of the game in the 3rd game. Need better focus. And to quit screwing around with ball changes when I don't need to. Lesson learned. Stick with what works until it doesn't work.

And a bonus - a pic from South Korea from a couple of weeks ago:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/PGG_6955e.jpg (http://s340.photobucket.com/user/mudpuppyr6/media/PGG_6955e.jpg.html)

Mudpuppy
02-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Tuesday, 10FEB2015:
223-172-210 = 605

More inconsistency. Melee is not working at all. Rolls funny. Time for resurfacing. Taking it in this week since I don't have bowling Saturday.

Mudpuppy
02-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Took both balls in today to get freshened up. Melee is dead. Resurfacing. The First Blood is getting half resurface.

Mudpuppy
02-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Got the balls back and they look brand spanking new. Ready to roll tonight.

Aslan
02-17-2015, 05:39 PM
The First Blood is getting half resurface.

How did you decide which half to resurface? :confused:

Mudpuppy
02-18-2015, 10:19 AM

Not up to me. It is up to the pro. He did a deep clean and polish - that, I reckon, is considered a half resurface. Either way they came out spectacular. Too bad I didn't bowl that way last night.

Tuesday 18FEB2015
212-158-195 = 563

Horrible night. I was high series on the team. We lost 7. We continue our steady descent to the basement of the standings in the league. 7 more weeks just trying to stay out of last place. Would be horrible to go from 1st to last in 1 year. Set our goals low, drink lots of beer and we will achieve them or just get a good buzz. Newest edition to the drinking lineup - little beers. Delicious. One is not enough over 3 games. 2 mandatory every week now. Much more important than the bowling ball arsenal is the drinking arsenal - molson, little beers, white russians, crown royal, lemon drops. All available at my disposal whenever I see fit and based on lane conditions, humidity, temperature, barometric pressure and relative attitude.

Amyers
02-18-2015, 10:26 AM

I would say he was talking about just refreshing the existing surface instead of completely taking down to 500 and back up. In the case of the first blood it would be just hitting it with a 1500 pad and applying Powerhouse Factory Finish. If you were completely redoing it you would go 500/500/500 1500 and then apply Powerhouse Factory Finish.

Mudpuppy
02-19-2015, 02:24 PM
I would say he was talking about just refreshing the existing surface instead of completely taking down to 500 and back up. In the case of the first blood it would be just hitting it with a 1500 pad and applying Powerhouse Factory Finish. If you were completely redoing it you would go 500/500/500 1500 and then apply Powerhouse Factory Finish.

I leave all that up to the pro shop guy. He said it didn't need full resurface. And I am ok with that - get more use of the ball if I don't resurface just yet. It's rolling really well. Might as well just clean and polish. Danielsan - paint the fence. And so he did.........