PDA

View Full Version : Ftlob scores

fortheloveofbowling
09-04-2014, 03:10 AM
I have already bowled 3 weeks in my league so far, we started pretty early this year because Christmas and new years day fall on league night. As a team we are a few points in first so far in the 1st of 3 12 week segments. I'm off to a great start with sets of 973-868-923, so i'm very happy with the scores. Not consistent week to week but game to game has been pretty good with a low of 207. I'm shooting spares well with only 4 non split opens but have missed 3 10 pins out of 15 left. The only other spare missed was chopping the 6 off the 3-6. Overall i feel great about my game besides the 10 pin misses but that is something i have gone through for years. I will pick up a bunch in a row and then miss half for 4 or 6 attempts. The first 2 weeks i used my 900 global war eagle and last week went to the iq solid. Anyway, good luck to everyone in their leagues and tournaments for the season. As former PBA director Harry Golden used to say " LET YOUR BALL BE YOUR GUIDE ".

Amyers
09-04-2014, 08:49 AM
I have that difficulty too I will go on a tear picking up the 10 pin and chop the 6-10 then I will make all my 6-10's and miss the 10 pins. I know it's mental because I flip back and forth with it sounds like your off to a great start though.

MiggityMatt
09-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Wow, sounds like you're locked in and throwing strikes in bunches. That's always a great feeling.

I go through 10 pin spells, as well. You're currently at 80% which is still solid. Of course, 90% is better and always my goal on the pesky 10 pin.

Keep up the great bowling. Sounds like you have a few honor scores on the horizon. :)

fortheloveofbowling
09-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks. Even with the occasional 10 pin slump i'm probably around 85% - 88%. I would like to be 95% but i have never been at that rate on 10 pins. Everything else probably so. Maybe i just won't leave any tonight.:rolleyes:

fortheloveofbowling
09-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Last night was week four and shot 898 but the middle 2 games were not what i was looking for. First game started with the iq solid and shot 251 and there were 4 guys on my pair playing a similar if not exact line that all had good games. By the start of the 2nd game that line was really dry and because we all were making pretty good shots we created a wet/dry condition that was through the nose if you got it right and just left of that was light. I shot 184-204 for the next 2 trying a few different options and a different ball. In game 4 i finally went to the optimus and shot 259. The lanes were still not blended out but that ball really did that well. I hate to sound like a storm salesman but that ball really reads the lane well and gives you some room, it is just not a ball that you can really swing a lot. If your league conditions ever get funky like that consider getting the optimus.

Blomer
09-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Sound like you have been doing great, keep it up. I didn't get to use my Optimus last week in league as my Hy-Road Solid stayed....solid, all night.

fortheloveofbowling
09-28-2014, 09:56 AM
The last 3 weeks have been consistent but less than i was looking for with 870-851-876. My spare shooting has been very solid so far this year but i'm leaving more splits than i normally do so that is hurting me. I bowled state masters last week and was doing well sitting in 4th after the first 4 games of qualifying but had a bad game 6 and ended up missing the cut by quite a bit. It was a very tough shot, 35 feet but a lot heavier oil than say cheetah. Tough enough that stuart williams averaged less than 200. Michael haugen won once again and brett wolfe finished 2nd.

Sourtower
09-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Sounds like some good bowling so far. Wish I could say my low was 207 lol... as of right now, my friend and I have 2 vacant spots on your every other Saturday mixed league and 1 open spot on our every Monday night league. Though the vacant spot does bowl consistently, we all would rather fill those spots with an actual person. Anways, good luck with the rest of your league. Looks like you're off to a solid start.

fortheloveofbowling
09-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks. It seems like it is getting tougher and tougher to find people to bowl. Good luck finding someone.

fortheloveofbowling
11-21-2014, 12:08 AM
My league bowls three segments and we won the first one. The last couple of years we finished 2nd in the roll off so maybe we can get it done this year! I have not posted scores in a while so the last 6 weeks have been 962-891-991-833-890-946. mostly good nights but really up and down this year. Spare shooting has been really good. The only single pins i have missed this year are 10 pins and i'm at about 85% on those. Other than the 10 pin misses i have only blown 4 or 5 other non split spares so overall i'm happy with spare shooting. Currently after 52 games i'm at 226 but as i said earlier it has been up and down and at times struggled with blending out the lane. The mechanic changed the squeegee on the machine before the start of the season so the back ends are really clean so far this year. I've had trouble with some over/under more than usual and left more splits percentage wise than past seasons. So far no sets under 600 for the first 3 and none under 800 for 4 with only 5 games under 200. Overall very happy with the season so far, just need to put up a few honor scores and win the league and all will be good!

Blacksox1
11-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Congrats on the segment win! Great #'s for 4 game series of all 800+

Amyers
11-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Congrats that's some nice bowling

fortheloveofbowling
02-13-2015, 01:23 AM
I haven't listed any scores for a while and have been up and down for the last few months. My last (8) 4 game sets have been between 830-952 and just really inconsistent for my team. It seems some nights i have struggled with over/under and left more splits this year than normal. I still have yet to shoot less than 600 for the first 3 and less than 800 for the 4 game set. I'm still at 224 for the year but as i said, just up and down. Spare shooting has been good this year as i still have not missed a single pin other than 10 pins which i'm around 85% on. Most years i am around 90% on 10 pins but would like to get higher than that. As far as other non split spares i may have missed 7 or 8. With the increased split leaves this year spare shooting has really saved me a lot of nights. We just finished the 2nd segment and finished in 4th but we won the first segment so all is good for the end of season roll off.

I have been practicing more in the last few weeks because i have 4 tournaments in the next 7 weekends. Hopefully i can get something going in a few of those instead of just donating. I will try to list the good, bad, and the ugly after each event. Sorry for the long winded post.